Grand Master Yoda's mythic tiers

Gorem
1190 posts Member
They feel rather unbalanced with the difficulty curve,

its like, the first tier is really easy, 2nd tier, super easy

Third tier you don't even get a turn and your entire team is dead.

Not only are we up against Darth Maul but also we can't use Yoda in leader? ;-;

what are you guys using to beat the third tier?

Replies

• I used GK lead with Zariss, QGJ, Ezra and GMY and managed to after a few tries. You just have to survive the opening salvo. And hope they get crits early on so it’s all directed at GK
  • Gk lead is not the only way,

Ima Gunn Di lead , gk zbarris Ayala Yoda, walked thru t3 without a single issue,

• I tried couple times with GK lead.
    Then put Old Ben in front and won first time.

OB (zeta taunt), GK, Ahsoka, Ezra, GMY. Literally only the one zeta which was not really a win condition at all.
  • i did it with GK ZBarris ZGMY QGJ and HY
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    That feeling when you don’t have Barris geared...

She literally makes the Jedi team cause all of them are weak and hit like noodles...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    That feeling when you don’t have Barris geared...

She literally makes the Jedi team cause all of them are weak and hit like noodles...

To be fair, with the new jedi led Yoda and Visa's, you can do more then 10% on DN in p1 heroic sith raid, I'd call that more then hitting like wet noddles. The Jedi I have now do more dps then my sith team, and I've not even geared the jedi that much yet compared to my approaching g12 sith team. What we need is a new release Jedi to round out the team and it could be very awesome.

Anyway on topic: Thanks for the tips all! Interesting combo's there. Got some work to do and should be able to get it next time :)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The three tiers are not meant to be a balanced progression of difficulty.

The first is literally a replay of tier 7 of the unlock event. The second is that same fight, with no restrictions on your team. Neither is really supposed to be an obstacle. Just a little fun, and some nice prizes. Tier 3 is the only one that is supposed to be a challenge in the mythic events, and requires you to have a fully developed team built around the legendary in question.
    Still not a he.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

The first is literally a replay of tier 7 of the unlock event. The second is that same fight, with no restrictions on your team. Neither is really supposed to be an obstacle. Just a little fun, and some nice prizes. Tier 3 is the only one that is supposed to be a challenge in the mythic events, and requires you to have a fully developed team built around the legendary in question.

This. Also, Yoda's is the oldest event currently in-game. It was tuned for the state of the game 2+ years ago (and then nerfed once I think before I took over events) so it's going to be super easy for any modern team to crush. I think the max gear level at the time was like 8 or 9, and mods didn't exist. So you're going from that to T3, where it's tuned to be hard for modern teams.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

This. Also, Yoda's is the oldest event currently in-game. It was tuned for the state of the game 2+ years ago (and then nerfed once I think before I took over events) so it's going to be super easy for any modern team to crush. I think the max gear level at the time was like 8 or 9, and mods didn't exist. So you're going from that to T3, where it's tuned to be hard for modern teams.

ahhh now it makes sense. Well I'm not exactly modern teamed yet, just hit 85 a couple days ago, but interesting to find out some of the games history!
  • How do I get reven
  • Jojo1981 wrote: »
    How do I get reven

Certainly not by playing the gmy mythic tier lmao.
  • Jojo1981 wrote: »
    How do I get reven
    Please do not revive months-dead threads for unrelated questions.

That said, Revan is a heroes journey event. Expect him to show up for about a week every four months or so. To unlock Revan, you need Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Zaalbar, and Mission Vao all at seven stars, then fight your way through the event when it shows up.
    Still not a he.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Jojo1981 wrote: »
    How do I get reven

Certainly not by playing the gmy mythic tier lmao.

I just got pinged by this since this was my thread and I was like.. huh?

Then I saw what was posted and was like... What?