Rework: Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Got nearly 1 million in P1 of tier 3 with this team: https://swgoh.gg/u/starfightr/squads/93810/HHXAF0I1KB/
    Only zeta is number crunch, missing some omegas, and there’s hardly any speed at all.
    Really enjoying Yoda’s rework.
    Edit: now getting over 1.2 million easy
    Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on
  • Yes LOVING the rework, really really sweet, the damage, the boons, the sharing all good!

Does NOT solve the Sith Raid issues, at all, nor will more JTR, hopefully they will have an Epiphany at some point and realize what the 30 pages are saying..... (why don't they PLAY tiers 3-6 with some average-good toons and see for themselves what a slog it is for pitiful awards)
  • The sith raid issues will be solved by the new reward system. A lot of these high GP guilds will lose some good players cause they could get top rewards in a guild not filled with 50 3.7gp players.
    Getting rewards outside the top 10 isn’t gonna sit well with some when they could go get 1st in another guild.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • It's a shame that GMY doesn't have a Unique ability. When Palp and Vader got their reworks, they came out with a very OP Unique. And what Yoda get? Shock Immunity in the LEADERSHIP ability!!! That doesn't even make sense. He should be immune to shock by himself. There is no interection what so ever, of he this immunity and an ability of being a leader.
    And now he gains a bonus protection with his Battle Meditation. A entire zeta... ALL OF IT, countered by a single and ridiculous debuff: Buff Immunity!!! And, of course, Shock if he is not in the leader spot -.-
    Can't add a debuff cleanse, can you?
    Come one. Do you call this a rework?
  • Come one. Do you call this a rework?

No sir, we call this...Mr. Coffee! Care for some?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It's a shame that GMY doesn't have a Unique ability. When Palp and Vader got their reworks, they came out with a very OP Unique. And what Yoda get? Shock Immunity in the LEADERSHIP ability!!! That doesn't even make sense. He should be immune to shock by himself. There is no interection what so ever, of he this immunity and an ability of being a leader.
    And now he gains a bonus protection with his Battle Meditation. A entire zeta... ALL OF IT, countered by a single and ridiculous debuff: Buff Immunity!!! And, of course, Shock if he is not in the leader spot -.-
    You know what's great for stopping Buff Immunity?

Tenacity Up.

And the Jedi already have a few solid vectors for debuff removal. Most notably, General Kenobi and Barriss.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's a shame that GMY doesn't have a Unique ability. When Palp and Vader got their reworks, they came out with a very OP Unique. And what Yoda get? Shock Immunity in the LEADERSHIP ability!!! That doesn't even make sense. He should be immune to shock by himself. There is no interection what so ever, of he this immunity and an ability of being a leader.

Tenacity Up.

And the Jedi already have a few solid vectors for debuff removal. Most notably, General Kenobi and Barriss.

Almost every character that applys buff immunity also removes all buffs on the target.....just sayin
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Tenacity Up.

Almost every character that applys buff immunity also removes all buffs on the target.....just sayin

Uh what?
    At least JKA rolo tie FOtie poe krennic and maybe someone I am not familiar with, applies buff immunity but dont remove your buffs.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Four out of twelve is not almost every character.
    Still not a he.
  • Almost every character that applys buff immunity also removes all buffs on the target.....just sayin

Isn’t that just B2 super battle droid, CLS, ISC, and Enfys Nest?
    And as previously mentioned, the Jedi will cleanse buff immunity and gain tenacity up.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Tenacity Up.

Uh what?
    At least JKA rolo tie FOtie poe krennic and maybe someone I am not familiar with, applies buff immunity but dont remove your buffs.

Yeah, your right, I didn’t think of those. I redact my statement. I would say that most of the characters you see in arena also remove all buffs, but your right that here are more that can apply it without removing buffs.
  • I was finally able to start beating traya lead teams by using thrawn, it’s not easy and my mods are probably a huge reason why. Traya lead teams with thrawn and either Nest/SiTrooper.
    I dropped from 1 to 48 and still 8 hours from payout. Compared to how far I dropped running Traya where I was rarely out of the top ten, Yoda is pretty much useless as a lead in arena until something new shows up.
    Who wants to use Jedi in a Star Wars game anyway.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The main ones seen in arena are Luke, TIE FIghter Pilot early on, and Enfys Nest. And Nest's buff removal is on a different move than her buff block, so she doesn't dispel and buff block in one go.
    Still not a he.
  • About Yoda though, did his max protection stat change? Does anyone have his protection and health numbers from before the rework?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Well, Sion still shuts down GMYoda in arena:(

You are supposed to use your G12 Koth or Jedi Knight Guardian, or Aayla to stun or ability block him first!

Seriously though, what team were you running?

I tried a few lineups: Gmyoda lead with Ezra, GK, Hyoda, and Quigon, then the same team but with a zeta quigon lead, then an Ackbar lead team with CLS, Hyoda, GK, and Gmyoda, then the same Ackbar team, but with Han Solo replacing CLS, and then GK. I also tried the same GMyoda lead team above but replaces quigon with Han Solo.

I won a few against the standard nightmare team, (palp, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, thrawn). But couldn’t do it consistently. Sion would clear all the tenacity ups and other buffs Yoda would grant and force everyone to attack him, keeping palp alive, and my team open to all the debuffs. The best luck I had was with a Gmyoda lead team with Han Solo, but I think I need to focus down Sion first.

Still, he is way better. And I was able to get some decent damage on part 4 of the sith raid. GMyoda did over 90,000 damage in one shot against Nihilus.

He is definitely a good character, he just doesn’t seem like he’ll be taking over the meta from zeta palp teams just yet, but maybe with some other Jedi reworks.

I'll try my Rex team and I'll replace Enfys by Yoda and maybe Thrawn by HYoda, so I'll have Rex(L), GK, GMYoda, HYoda, CLS.

I’ve had some consistent success with Gmyoda lead, GK, Hyoda, Ezra, and Han Solo. I just have to focus down Sion first instead of try and work around him. The damage out out is impressive for Jedi, which is a nice change.

I won 7 out of 8 times against a full gear 12 great mods nightmare squad, and the one time I lost, Nihilus got his annihilate off on Gmyoda, and it didn’t trigger Hyoda’d 100% tm or Cooldown refresh even though he had MT on. Is that WAI?

I’m currently sitting at rank 13 on a dec 2016 shard

I've made some tests this weekend and could rank 5 with zQGJ, HYoda, GMYoda, GK, CLS. It's a bit harder than with my old Rex led team but they're fun to play. HYoda plays first (304 with the bonus of QGJ), so I call GMYoda who gains TM on his basic and spread his buffs.
    I've switched to a GK led team with R2 for the health boost and multi attack on the HYoda's special too. I still need some zetas on the team.
  • With Thrawn and great mods I can safely beat the Traya leads now. Against the best modded traya lead on my shard.
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=EyVkzBu5-Ug
  • JudgeExodus
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Tenacity Up.

Just saying that if Yoda has a Buff Immunity, AI will still use Battle Meditation and waste an entire zeta. Adding a simple cleanse would make this ability usefull in defense.
    And Jedi don't have a reliable source of cleanse:
    - GK generally uses his ability to grant Retribution (btw, he isn't nearly fast as yoda is to get his special out of CD constantly).
    - Barris cleanses only 1 ally with the lowest health at the end of her turns. Not necessarily Yoda.
    - HY has a 3 turn CD cleanse in his Master's Trainning. Which he uses only once in each character.
    - Kanan has a target cleanse in his taunt ability. And OMG, the guy is horribly slow.

Well, I'm trying to say that, in offense, we can manage the Buff Immunity and we aren't dumb enough to use Battle Meditation while Yoda has the debuff. But the AI can't seem to understand it. If EA wants him to be reliable in arena, they should give him a Cleanse in his zeta, at least.
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Well he just had rework so its impossible to tweak that now. He is what he is and that aint changing now. Your only hope is new jedis or wait next year and beyond for jedi reworks
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Got nearly 1 million in P1 of tier 3 with this team: https://swgoh.gg/u/starfightr/squads/93810/HHXAF0I1KB/
    Only zeta is number crunch, missing some omegas, and there’s hardly any speed at all.

Youre using Ezra in it.. You can also score 1 mill with a standard phoenix team, even with lower gear levels..
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    Youre using Ezra in it.. You can also score 1 mill with a standard phoenix team, even with lower gear levels..

So what if I used Ezra? Yoda does more damage. And I’ve never seen Phoenix do that well in P1, only P2. They keep using basic attacks and can’t cleanse without a zeta.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »

Not in P1, Phoenix are basically useless as a full team there.
  • Roopehun wrote: »

Phoenix can't even break through protection on P1.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

I just did 600k with an undergeared phoenix squad on a higher lvl tier, but sure...
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

I just did 600k with an undergeared phoenix squad on a higher lvl tier, but sure...

What tier of raid?
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

What tier of raid?

Tier4.
    The guy was doing 1mill with gmy on tier3.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    I've read through this thread and I still fail to see how CG is saying that GMY will now make the Sith raid easier.
    CG_GAWS wrote: »
    Basic: ATARU

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Potency Down for 1 Turn. If that enemy has 50% or more Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns. If that enemy has less than 50% Health, Yoda gains Offense Up and Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns.
    That's great! Except that the HSTR bosses are immune to Potency Down and Foresight gets eaten.
    Special 1: MASTERSTROKE (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Grand Master Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns. (Unique status effects can't be copied.) Grand Master Yoda gains an immediate bonus turn as long as there is one other living Jedi ally.
    Bonus turn, yay. How big a deal can that be? That's nice for Arena and other areas, but I don't see it doing anything here.
    Special 2: UNSTOPPABLE FORCE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.
    Nice! But the bosses are immune to stun and TM removal doesn't work long with their tenacity gains.
    Special 3: BATTLE MEDITATION (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Yoda gains Tenacity Up, Protection Up (30%), and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. Yoda grants himself +35% Turn Meter and an additional +10% Turn Meter for each other living Jedi ally.
    Gets turns faster.
    Leader: GRAND MASTER'S GUIDANCE

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) +30% Tenacity to Jedi allies. Whenever a Jedi ally Resists a debuff, they gain the following: 30% Turn Meter, Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Critical Damage Up for 2 turns. Whenever they suffer a debuff, they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn. Grand Master Yoda is immune to Shock.
    +30% Tenacity means nothing against the Potency gains from the bosses.

So yeah, how does this rework help HSTR? I'm still not seeing it.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I've read through this thread and I still fail to see how CG is saying that GMY will now make the Sith raid easier.
    Basic: ATARU

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Potency Down for 1 Turn. If that enemy has 50% or more Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns. If that enemy has less than 50% Health, Yoda gains Offense Up and Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns.
    That's great! Except that the HSTR bosses are immune to Potency Down and Foresight gets eaten.
    Special 1: MASTERSTROKE (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Grand Master Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns. (Unique status effects can't be copied.) Grand Master Yoda gains an immediate bonus turn as long as there is one other living Jedi ally.
    Bonus turn, yay. How big a deal can that be? That's nice for Arena and other areas, but I don't see it doing anything here.
    Special 2: UNSTOPPABLE FORCE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.
    Nice! But the bosses are immune to stun and TM removal doesn't work long with their tenacity gains.
    Special 3: BATTLE MEDITATION (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Yoda gains Tenacity Up, Protection Up (30%), and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. Yoda grants himself +35% Turn Meter and an additional +10% Turn Meter for each other living Jedi ally.
    Gets turns faster.
    Leader: GRAND MASTER'S GUIDANCE

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) +30% Tenacity to Jedi allies. Whenever a Jedi ally Resists a debuff, they gain the following: 30% Turn Meter, Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Critical Damage Up for 2 turns. Whenever they suffer a debuff, they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn. Grand Master Yoda is immune to Shock.

How about the leadership and the now non-JTR P1 teams?
    Post edited by Liamtbqh on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »

+Infinite tenacity means everything. You're completely ignoring literally everything else in that ability.

But if you don't see it, watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QubweBZHS0&t=165s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DFogk5HfqI&t=531s

It's hard to argue with results.
    Still not a he.
  • This rework would almost be perfect except for the fact CG and the devs made foresight an obsolete mechanic entirely......every toons cuts right through it. What good is yoda if he gets one shot like butter? way to go....another screwup on balance testing
  • Question on Gearing and Zeta... Should I gear GMY to G12 and Zeta his leadership first. Or hear Ezra to G11 and Zeta his Flourish?