How do I make the most of what I have right now in HAAT?

Letareus
103 posts Member
My guild farms HAAT regularly and my contribution is decent but not great. I do not have any purpose-built HAAT teams and have been advised not to build any until I've finished my legendary characters farm (finished Thrawn and Palpatine, currently working on CLS team). So I'm stuck with what I have for a while but would like to maximize my effectiveness with what I have.

This is what I have right now: https://swgoh.gg/u/letareus/collection/
Basically, my best team is my arena team consisting of zPalp, zThrawn, Vader, Tarkin, and TFP. My only other real team is Phoenix (Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper - Sabine is still at 6 stars). Then I have my leftover team which is not a real team but consists of all my other current 7 star toons - Boba Fett, KRU, FOTP, Biggs, and ST Han.

So what I would like to know is what teams to use with which leaders in which phases. I can also swap some toons from my leftovers into my arena squad, like KRU as a tank.

Right now, purely from experience, trial and error, and reading the description of the raid, I put everything in phase 2. Phase 1 is an annoying mess with constant taunts, debuffs, and the fact that Grievous seems to be immune to TMR. I seem to do OK in it with Phoenix but my Phoenix seems to do better in Phase 2. I've tried Phase 1 with a Thrawn lead instead of Palpatine (zeta on Thrawn is on his unique not his leader ability and I just got it today), which helps somewhat but I still seem to do better in Phase 2 with a Palp lead. I used to use KRU instead of TFP in Phase 2 but lately I've been using TFP.

In Phase 2 I'm also not sure what my best option is. Should I fracture the tank chassis or the main turret? Should I focus on the turrets and ony focus the chassis when the tank is disabled, or ignore the turrets and focus the chassis? Currently with my Palpatine squad I fracture the main gun and focus the chassis but eventually kill the turrets with AOE's. With Phoenix I attack the main gun until it's disabled then ignore the other turrets unless they're low from counterattacks.

I've tried Phase 3 once or twice but only with my leftovers since I don't want to gamble most of my damage on a phase I don't know much about when Phase 2 is a known quantity. I've never seen Phase 4.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yes, your Phoenix are best used in phase 2, however at g8—10 don't expect very high numbers.

In phase 1 Grievous is very much susceptible to TM reduction. Immune? What gave you that idea? However, the trick is to make sure, he has buff immunity on him, and that every 7th hit lands TM reduction.

With a zeta on Vader Lead you should be able to do a couple of million damage in phase 2 with your Empire + Boba (Zader, TFP, Thrawn, EP and Boba Fett). The tank is immune to TM reduction, but by building up large stacks of DoTs you can do some pretty high numbers with saber throw. Alternatively try with a variant of the tiepatine team in phase 3 (EP lead, TFP, Thrawn and 2 tanks or similar). With fracture on the boss, it doesn't counter. Make sure to have EP buff your team just before the canon fires. Zader works quite well in phase 3 also, since the boss is susceptible to TM reduction.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Yes, your Phoenix are best used in phase 2, however at g8—10 don't expect very high numbers.

In phase 1 Grievous is very much susceptible to TM reduction. Immune? What gave you that idea? However, the trick is to make sure, he has buff immunity on him, and that every 7th hit lands TM reduction.

With a zeta on Vader Lead you should be able to do a couple of million damage in phase 2 with your Empire + Boba (Zader, TFP, Thrawn, EP and Boba Fett). The tank is immune to TM reduction, but by building up large stacks of DoTs you can do some pretty high numbers with saber throw. Alternatively try with a variant of the tiepatine team in phase 3 (EP lead, TFP, Thrawn and 2 tanks or similar). With fracture on the boss, it doesn't counter. Make sure to have EP buff your team just before the canon fires. Zader works quite well in phase 3 also, since the boss is susceptible to TM reduction.

Thanks. Now I wish maybe I had put that zeta on Vader instead of Thrawn's unique. So in Phase 2 should I be focusing the tank or the turrets (to disable the tank)? The main turret can potentially one shot one of my characters if I let it go off. I guess I need one answer for my Empire team and one for Phoenix. And since the tank is immune to TM reduction, should I fracture the main turret or does speed down have some effect on it? What should I fracture?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I know for certain, that the speed down from fracture doesn't apply when the tank is toppled. Neither does Vader's speed down. I'm not sure if it applies to turrets or when not toppled.

The trick is to kill all three turrets without the main canon (the boss) taking a turn in between killing the first turret and killing the last one. This will give you an extra buff while the tank is toppled. Try having Vader's saber throw ready during topples. Depending on his speed you may be able to use it both on a turret and during topples. Save Vader's force choke (AoE) for his first attack after the tank.comes out of topple. And yes, don't let the top turret shoot. Having buffs on all team members will reduce its damage substantially, but it's better to not have it shoot at all.

For Phoenix, until they become strong enough to topple the tank I would just let them attack the boss (possibly just auto it). With aæl their buffs (prot. up) they may even.survive shots from the middle turret.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If you're trying to remove TM in P1 and it's not working you need to apply tenacity down first. It works fine with CLS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    I know for certain, that the speed down from fracture doesn't apply when the tank is toppled. Neither does Vader's speed down. I'm not sure if it applies to turrets or when not toppled.

The trick is to kill all three turrets without the main canon (the boss) taking a turn in between killing the first turret and killing the last one. This will give you an extra buff while the tank is toppled. Try having Vader's saber throw ready during topples. Depending on his speed you may be able to use it both on a turret and during topples. Save Vader's force choke (AoE) for his first attack after the tank.comes out of topple. And yes, don't let the top turret shoot. Having buffs on all team members will reduce its damage substantially, but it's better to not have it shoot at all.

For Phoenix, until they become strong enough to topple the tank I would just let them attack the boss (possibly just auto it). With aæl their buffs (prot. up) they may even.survive shots from the middle turret.

So my first try at HAAT since I posted this was a wash, partly because I only had a minute or two to get credit in and didn't have time to properly sit down and do it, and also because I missed phase 2.

But I did get a chance to try Phase 3 and it went rather badly. I think I did something like 600k damage with my Palpatine team, less than I would in Phase 3. What I used was Palpatine with one tank - Palpatine lead, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, and KRU. Basically, I knew nothing about what Tiepatine is supposed to be and I had like 2 minutes to mess with it, like I said. So if I were to go with the Tiepatine variant in phase 2, what would it be with what I have? I don't have RG. Can I do it without zeta Vader? My next Zeta will probably be Vader, though I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

Also, if I use my arena team in phase 2, what leader should I use? zPalpatine, Vader, or Thrawn?

Finally, is it bad to have too fast a Thrawn in raids? My fracture with a zeta'd Thrawn unique seems to not last as long as it should because my Thrawn is too fast (speed 240).
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't run empire but from what I've seen P3 is all about TMR. The boss gains TM every time he's hit and every time he counters, so you can gain all the TM in the world, he's still gonna hit enrage if you don't have more than one source of TMR (Thrawn).
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The Tiepatine would work similar to Chirpatine where you keep the adds alive but debuffed. TFP gains 10% tm per debuffed enemy at the end of his turn, and if you load him with crit chance so he hits tenacity down a lot, he will get another 20% from Palp lead. So he can get in a potential damage loop and will hit hard with 7 debuffed enemies. If the debuff is shock, you could end up in a pattern where TFP and Palp alternate turns. With Fracture on, you can greatly reduce the counter chance as well as slow the boss down.

Ideally, the other two should be strong tanks. You should have no trouble getting R2 to 7 stars at the next event. He can be useful for directing damage to a particular tanky person (such as Vader) and the stealth will prevent counters if Fracture isn't up.

Keep in mind there is a damage cap with this team. With no tmr (Palp and TFP are using basics) the 5% tm gain will proc on the boss every hit. I would say you'd be hard pressed to do over 4 million with this team. There was a Krennic/Thrawn/Shoretrooper team back in the day that could solo it; I think it used Jyn and Tarkin and took a long time.

But honestly, CLS, BB-8, and Wampa are great HAAT toons once you get them. Ventress can be quite good as well.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Letareus wrote: »

But I did get a chance to try Phase 3 and it went rather badly. I think I did something like 600k damage with my Palpatine team, less than I would in Phase 3. What I used was Palpatine with one tank - Palpatine lead, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, and KRU. Basically, I knew nothing about what Tiepatine is supposed to be and I had like 2 minutes to mess with it, like I said. So if I were to go with the Tiepatine variant in phase 2, what would it be with what I have? I don't have RG. Can I do it without zeta Vader? My next Zeta will probably be Vader, though I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

Also, if I use my arena team in phase 2, what leader should I use? zPalpatine, Vader, or Thrawn?

Finally, is it bad to have too fast a Thrawn in raids? My fracture with a zeta'd Thrawn unique seems to not last as long as it should because my Thrawn is too fast (speed 240).

600k in phase 3 is about 4%. Not bad, but you can do better. You forgot to include TFP, who is the main damage dealer in the tiepatine team. Vader and Tarkin don't bring much to the table in that phase. You don't want to kill the adds off too fast with AoE, since you want that bonus TM gain for your TFP. Phasma could actually do better with her low damage AoE speed down and her Victory March.

Zeta Vader works well in both phases 2 and 3. In phase 2 the tank is immune to TM reduction, but you can build up some pretty good stacks of debuffs if you include Boba Fett and Tusken Shaman as well. In phase 3, you can kill adds and then try keep removing TM from the fractured boss.

A fast Thrawn will have his fracture off CD and ready for reapplication (which also removes som TM and buffs) faster.
  • Lol grevious is definitely not immune to TM reduction. Even though my dathcha is only gear 8 and level 80, still managed 87% of p1 before dathcha died and retreated CLS. I honestly do more in 1 and 3 in haat
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Currently, I can do 1.824 million in Phase 2 with my arena squad, Palp lead, do you guys think I can improve on this much with Tiepatine in Phase 3 or with some other variant of my arena squad somewhere else??
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    So I finally got Zeta on my Vader lead and tried it out in HAAT phase 2. I seemed to do a lot worse, but I really didn't know what I was doing. As I posted previously, I managed to pull 1.824 million in Phase 2 with zPalpatine lead. My attempt last night with zVader lead only did 1.1 million. I tried with both Tarkin and Boba Fett. My Boba Fett (he's only G9.7 compared with my G12 Tarkin) kept dying so I retreated and swapped him out and swapped Tarkin back in.

But I did about 700k less damage. I think the difference was that with Palpatine lead, I was able to more often destroy all the turrets before the boss got a second turn each time. I can't do it every time no matter which lead I have, but I can do is some of the time, and with zPalp I was somehow able to do it more frequently, possibly because of the increased potency and TMG. I was a bit confused on target priority and skill use with zVader, whether to use single target vs AoE, etc.

So what am I doing wrong (besides Boba Fett being undergeared, which will be improved in time)? Is my potency/speed too low (I already have higher speed and potency than most top players in my arena shard)? What potency/speed targets should I be aiming for with which characters? Would I do better in other phases (like phase 3) with what I have now?
  • A great long range squad is the AA squad. L - AA, CLS, HAN, BB8, GA THRAWN. Geared and zetad you will not believe the results.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Zader isnt for phase 2 or4. Tmr doesnt work in those phases. Zader can work in phase 1 or 3 though zpalpatine is better in phase 3 imo.

Zader can worknin phase 2 or 4 with a realy heavy dots team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You really need Boba Fett if using Zader lead in phase 2. His basic inflicts more DoTs on the AAT. Gear him up. He's worth it — not only for this purpose. Save Vader's AoE for when there are more targets. Use his Saber Throw when the tank is toppled for extra damage. Boba's main purpose is to produce DoTs on the AAT. Don't let Boba execute the AAT. Instead use his basic to produce even more DoTs. (Execute on turrets may help). EP is great in the team due to offense up and health steal buff. Thrawn's protection regen and TM swap is awsome. Use whoever of TFP and Tarkin who do most damage to turrets. You want to kill turrets before the AAT takes extra turns.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    You really need Boba Fett if using Zader lead in phase 2. His basic inflicts more DoTs on the AAT. Gear him up. He's worth it — not only for this purpose. Save Vader's AoE for when there are more targets. Use his Saber Throw when the tank is toppled for extra damage. Boba's main purpose is to produce DoTs on the AAT. Don't let Boba execute the AAT. Instead use his basic to produce even more DoTs. (Execute on turrets may help). EP is great in the team due to offense up and health steal buff. Thrawn's protection regen and TM swap is awsome. Use whoever of TFP and Tarkin who do most damage to turrets. You want to kill turrets before the AAT takes extra turns.

Thanks. One thing I really want to know though is whether I should use Palpatine's Power of the Dark Side (AOE with offense up) when the tank is down to buff Vader's saber throw or to use it to help kill turrets. Another issue is that my Boba's basic was rarely applying dots. Maybe his potency is too low? Also, my Vader's aoe slow was not applying on the boss sometimes even with 69.1% potency (which I think is relatively high for such high speed) .
    Naraic wrote: »
    Zader isnt for phase 2 or4. Tmr doesnt work in those phases. Zader can work in phase 1 or 3 though zpalpatine is better in phase 3 imo.

Zader can worknin phase 2 or 4 with a realy heavy dots team.

I got Zader for Phase 2 b/c of Waqui's recommendation much earlier in the thread.
    A great long range squad is the AA squad. L - AA, CLS, HAN, BB8, GA THRAWN. Geared and zetad you will not believe the results.
    Good to have a long range goal, but which Han? Raid Han? And does that solo the entire raid or just a phase and which phase?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes Raid Han. Won't solo the whole raid, I think it's typically used for some of P2, all of P3, and most (?) of P4. I think you can do more with Asajjj in place of Han though because she goes nuts with a zeta on her unique. If you really want to think long term, I can solo P3 and P4 with JTR R2 BB8 CLS Thrawn.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Zader is for phase 2/4 with a dot-heavy team, but you don't have Sidious, Tusken Shaman, or Wampa, and your Boba is low gear and needs more potency.

I would say Thrawn is essential in that team for those phases to restore protection. Since your Tarkin is g12, you could try him in that team to help get topples. Depending on how your team is modded for speed, you could have Palp do the offense up before it comes out of topple, Vader does culling blade, Tarkin does potency up, and then after it comes out, on Tarkin's turn he could do some real damage on his AoE (you could even use Thrawn to give him his turn). If this works well then absolutely use Boba's execute on the tank (with offense up). You can try to lay down dots on his other turns during the topple, or with his AoE when it's not toppled IF the tank has low tm and you think Tarkin can take it out soon.

If you have trouble laying down or keeping Speed Down on the tank, you can Fracture it, but do it while it's toppled, otherwise the four hits will give the tank 20% tm.

If you can keep the team alive long enough, then you might get more damage in p4, as the tank only takes one turn coming out of topple instead of two, but you have to make sure Palp buffs them to survive the airstrike.

Since you have Thrawn, you can try an all Empire Zader team on p3 if you wish (Tarkin will be even better for tmr here...save his AoE for when the boss is close to taking a turn or after he's used his basic a lot to stack up potency). You can experiment between this and Tiepatine with Thrawn to see which gives the best results.

One thing you absolutely should never, EVER do is use Zader in p1. All the dots count towards the taking damage 7 times, so Grievous will go into an infinite turn loop and kill your whole team.

The Ackbar lead team works well with Hermit Yoda. The team variant with raid Han will solo p1 and do at least 40% of p2. I've had better p3 results leaving Han out though--with AA, BB-8, Thrawn, CLS, Hoda I went in with 39% left of p2 to finishing p4, for a total of 31.8 million damage. I could've done a few more percentage points in p2, but not much. You can then save raid Han for p1 and only have to escape CLS from that phase--but of course, by the time you have this team, you may find it hard to get in multiple teams because your guild kills it so fast, and you will likely have 7* Kenobi so you may not even care that much. The only reason I took the time to do a huge run was so I could get the tank tamer title (which ironically, I'd taken #1 many times months ago before I had him 7*, but the game never kept a record of that). I just got 7* wampa, so I want to play with him on a Zader team next time I have time for a tank, but other than that, I'm probably either posting 0s or sticking in a team on auto.
  • We ran HAAT Friday night and my AA squad did very well considering..

7wsdvkqvbpan.png

Results are from p2 only.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    So I got 2.5 million the last time I tried zVader in phase 2. That was Boba at G10 or G11 I believe. Now I have Boba at G12 so I should potentially be able to get even more the next time.

I also got CLS now but haven't been able to do much with him yet. All I know about CLS is that he's supposed to be able to solo Phase 1. The first 2 times I tried that though he died after dealing abot 20k in damage and didn't even get a chance to escape - admittedly he was extremely undergeared and didn't even have all his skills at 7 yet. Since then I've upgraded his gear a bit (G8.15 now but.on hold for a while, I've decided to start gearing up Sion/Nihilus) and have all his skills at at least 7 and all non-Zeta skills omegad. We'll see how he does tomorrow.

Now that I have CLS, what would you recommend I do? Just use him to solo Phase 1/escape? Or use him in some team? What would be the best team I can use him in with what I have now and in what phase?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Letareus

From what I gather, one option is Ackbar lead, BB8 for tenacity down, a healer/buffer, a damage dealer and CLS. Make sure he's the only rebel. Whenever anyone uses a non-attack, CLS will hit Grievous and hopefully remove TM.

Also if you're looking for options:

https://www.swgoh.help

Gives excellent/tried and tested options for each phase for all raids, Heroic and standard.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Letareus

From what I gather, one option is Ackbar lead, BB8 for tenacity down, a healer/buffer, a damage dealer and CLS. Make sure he's the only rebel. Whenever anyone uses a non-attack, CLS will hit Grievous and hopefully remove TM.

Also if you're looking for options:

https://www.swgoh.help

Gives excellent/tried and tested options for each phase for all raids, Heroic and standard.

BB-8 is not in that team for tenacity down (which CLS gives anyway), he is there for fast, repeated non-attacks to call an assist and for Illuminated Destiny.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Letareus wrote: »
    So I got 2.5 million the last time I tried zVader in phase 2. That was Boba at G10 or G11 I believe. Now I have Boba at G12 so I should potentially be able to get even more the next time.

I also got CLS now but haven't been able to do much with him yet. All I know about CLS is that he's supposed to be able to solo Phase 1. The first 2 times I tried that though he died after dealing abot 20k in damage and didn't even get a chance to escape - admittedly he was extremely undergeared and didn't even have all his skills at 7 yet. Since then I've upgraded his gear a bit (G8.15 now but.on hold for a while, I've decided to start gearing up Sion/Nihilus) and have all his skills at at least 7 and all non-Zeta skills omegad. We'll see how he does tomorrow.

Now that I have CLS, what would you recommend I do? Just use him to solo Phase 1/escape? Or use him in some team? What would be the best team I can use him in with what I have now and in what phase?

Congratulations on your new results :—)

CLS alone in phase 1 is a bit risky. Add Han Solo (zetaed) for better results. Even better would be Datcha lead, CLS, Zolo, QGJ and Rex until your CLS and Zolo are fully geared (however, I realize, that you don't have any of those last 4 toons).

CLS could also work well in a Wedge lead rebel team for phases 2 and 4 (apart from the AA lead team, which has already been mentioned several times.