Do you want more/less TBs/TWs?

Prev1
I am curious, and hope this can turn into helpful feedback for CG, as to the opinions of others to their views as the frequency of TBs and TWs. I believe that if we have more of them, they should give slightly less rewards, however, and vice versa. The main reason being balance (more TB/TW, the quicker we gear up, and there should be a balance there). I believe these are nice additions to the game, but aren't fully utilized. TBs also should have more battles to do per day in my opinion, but that is not part of the poll.

Do you want more/less TBs/TWs? 117 votes

More Territory Battles, No change to Territory Wars.
29%
Khorvog_KarbossaGrrrrPhoenixeonLordThunder67ElleMadaraRebel_yellCamaroAMFPlooshDralkyrTekkarEdorfObiJuanPolloGeraltCarefuljupiterAleSahnDroh_1979TimMarshallStud3099JammaxKiritoismynameTrojanYKMisfit 34 votes
More TB, More TW.
14%
VertigoDathwolfjhbuchholzRyan495678darthAmmuzSchustringJailwatcherMaxx121312zaljko_petrescuKyleStark99NaraicWrottonYerff_CaasiLeytuhasRydia131EffAPublicEyeDSandurz 17 votes
More TB, Less TW.
38%
SarcodinoVernalSticare_Courts_0073HK666Zombie961Meister_Bilbo91MolSadikEventineElessedilJinnNuMr_SausageIndominable_JTheNamelessRoninLozstaIceih_SWGRavenclawsSangMetroplex79KyJoe_CoolLor_San_Tekac1ever_pun 45 votes
More TW, No Change to TB
3%
evoluzaLukeDukem8CahhmaktKatzlschwoaf 4 votes
More TW, Less TB
0%
Bulldog1205 1 vote
No change to TB or TW
7%
Boba_The_FetterNikoms565WaquiTh3NameLessAnonymousMehbazingajediforceBareth_GaryWombatJediKnight 9 votes
Less of both TB and TW
5%
LunizBobbyJimmyJamAlleRiegornGRTLCyanide334Goku_Black 7 votes

Replies

• More Territory Battles, No change to Territory Wars.
    Territory Battles, for me, are the most fun aspect of the end-game content. They allow you to build multiple teams, and have a great sense of progress on those teams. I enjoyed seeing my teams compete better each battle, however, the distance between each Territory Battle is disheartening. I would love for the Territory Battles to be expanded upon, require more squadrons to battle and have more themed battles, maybe in the future we have a Galactic War style Territory Battle, where you are placed against random teams of increasing difficulty, and have no faction requirements.
  • No change to TB or TW
    I like TW more honestly. It's a fun aspect of the game, build, battle, results. I'd like to see more of TW, but I won't complain about more TB.
    bazinga wrote: »
    I like TW more honestly. It's a fun aspect of the game, build, battle, results. I'd like to see more of TW, but I won't complain about more TB.

Im not sure your poll answer matches your comment...was my poll's answers a bit confusing with the abbreviations etc?
  • Unlisted option: Same TB, less TW.

The fun of TW is gone too quickly because of the sheer volume of it. Having 1 in between TBs is nice, having 2 is draining. With the new schedule, there is no longer a 3-day break from guild events that allow us to recharge. This was something mentioned when the TB-TW schedules were changed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134276/territory-battle-cadence-and-reward-changes/p1
    Due to the amount of engagement required, we have decided to start with an alternating Monday/Thursday schedule, which provides a four or five-day cooldown between each instance to give Guilds more time between instances of this feature to review their progress on the previous Territory Battle and plan for the next one.
  • More TB, Less TW.
    Nothing fun about TW to me. TB is way better, but I still do not like how platoons are implemented. Platoons ought to be broken up into 3-4 unit Sections which have little missions of their own, like little mini-raids with a clear objective. To contribute to a Platoon, you would need to supply a whole Section. If your units survive the mission, then you can use them to support Combat Missions where appropriate. But that would be hard and will never happen.
  • More TB, Less TW.
    TW for me is the worst game mode since tournaments, but I wouldn't complain if they stay more or less the same amount.
    But please, just up the amount of TBs already! You're trying your best to optimize your new teams/characters... aaaand another month until the next one. :disappointed:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Unlisted option: Same TB, less TW.

The fun of TW is gone too quickly because of the sheer volume of it. Having 1 in between TBs is nice, having 2 is draining. With the new schedule, there is no longer a 3-day break from guild events that allow us to recharge. This was something mentioned when the TB-TW schedules were changed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134276/territory-battle-cadence-and-reward-changes/p1
    Due to the amount of engagement required, we have decided to start with an alternating Monday/Thursday schedule, which provides a four or five-day cooldown between each instance to give Guilds more time between instances of this feature to review their progress on the previous Territory Battle and plan for the next one.

darn, wish i could edit to add more options, sorry! i can understand that though, as TW requires constant checking in for the next territory to unlock, and multiple battles in quick succession, and can be stressful with loses
    for the most part, even with all bugs, it seems people so far really want more TB, with opinions split on TW. i hope that we can get more votes for a larger feedback, and hopefully CG devs will notice the desire for more TB (even if that means less rewards per TB)
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    More Territory Battles, No change to Territory Wars.
    As a player I want more event like this, its fun and forced you try the new combinations, and finally realized some chars/teams are fun and decent at the very end (for me its imperial troopers team, love them now).
    TW for me just meh, facing palp walls is not funny at all but hey tw rewards you zetas.

But as an officer...both TB and TW...not so much lol
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    More TB, Less TW.
    I like TB more because I can go at my own pace. With TW, I have to constantly check in to see where the guild is at in regards to battles. TW is a lot more time consuming.
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    No change to TB or TW
    I picked leave them be because it is nice having some downtime between these events.
    Edit: I noticed the calendar shows that these events run the majority of the month. I guess it just doesnt seem bad in the current format because the preview & deploy phases in tw & first few phases of tb require minimal time.

I like tw because they are more engaging. You go up against alot of the same teams but there is some variance. The extra zetas you get for rewards are a nice bonus.

Tb arent bad to start but they get boring after a while. A variable besides platoon requirements could make them more interesting. I do get excited about the guild events currency though.
  • More TB, Less TW.
    I can't do much with TW aside from post my phoenix team on defence then ignore the rest unless I can find a team I can pick off with my not really prepared Empire squad. Though we do usually win, which is nice.

It's end game + content, not that I'm really interested in more PvP anyway.

TB I can go in, go as far as I can, platoon then deploy. Jobs done. The rewrads are better for my stage of the game too, always need gear bits and pieces and the odd ship shards for stuff like scimitar too.

TB is a more productive pursuit in my opinion. Struggle to get the numbers for TW sometimes anyway, a lot of dead weight in the guild with 28 active players out of 45.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    More TB, Less TW.
    Tw is easily my least favorite game type
  • Wrotton
    88 posts Member
    More TB, More TW.
    I like both. plus TW you can get 1-3 zetamats
  • More TB, Less TW.
    My crazy idea would be to make TB bigger.

Same number of days and Phases, but more turf to cover which requires more Platoon'ing and Combat, with less dependency of the mass-Deployment for Territory Points.

But that's just me.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Less of both TB and TW
    Im kinda happy with the way Tb and TW is, i wouldnt mind only 1 TW between TBs. But there is barely any time to relax from the game. 3 raids so pretty much at least 1 every day, TB and TW are quite often as it is, i wont mind if it stays the way it is now, but definitely dont want it more often.
  • More TW, Less TB
    TBs are the new Galactic War for me. Its extremely boring unless I’m trying out a new team that I want to play with. I just auto the battles to get them done, and would love to not need to do them anymore. Can we get a sim feature just like GW? After you’ve completed a stage 5 times you can just sim it.
    My crazy idea would be to make TB bigger.

Same number of days and Phases, but more turf to cover which requires more Platoon'ing and Combat, with less dependency of the mass-Deployment for Territory Points.

But that's just me.

I want this too
    TB is my favorite part of the game and I think they could get away with running a TB every week and then doing TW every other week if they simply reduced the number of assault battles that are now coming out mid week. Personally, I think TB isn't much of a time commitment, but I'm in a 145 million GP guild so I have no concept of how it may affect beginner / mid-game guilds.

It would also allow them to introduce more TB maps. We could have a different one every week of the month (rotating 4) which will help prevent that game mode from becoming stale.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    More TB, More TW.
    I said more of both primarily because I'd like to see new TB's and a new map for TW. Someone once mentioned having different battlefields for TW and having different factions get bonuses depending on which map it is. (Jakku would be Resistance + FO, Geonosis could be Republic + Separatists, etc.). I'd also like to see some other eras for TB so that we can use different teams for special missions and possibly implement new TB only characters. As much as I find TW to be more time strenuous than TB where you can really do your missions whenever you please, TW is the only time we can really test a whole bunch of squads all at once nowadays. They're not my favorite, but I don't want to reduce them, despite how often I find myself thinking they're a tad annoying.

I don't think they should change the frequency of the events, but if they add another TB they would have to increase the special mission shard payouts to 3 for ROLO and IPD. That would still require 3 full TBs to get that character to 7* with perfect runs by the guild. Would really like to see a new TB map, of course it would probably be harder like a LS TB 2.0 lol.
  • More TB, Less TW.
    Just go back to how it use to be 3 Territory Battles a month and less TW like once a month.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    0nly like em for rewards. TB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TW tho
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • More TB, Less TW.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    0nly like em for rewards.

That makes 2 of us @Gifafi :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • More TW, No Change to TB
    why would anyone want less chances to earn zetas??
    had this conversation with my brother not that long ago and here’s what we thought ended up being a good idea: run 1 TB & 1 TW each week.

you can have TB run Monday-Saturday & have TW run on Saturday-Sunday. with TW, get rid of the joining period & automatically include everyone in your guild but only payout those who contribute at least 50 banners.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    More TB, Less TW.
    TW is a disaster with CGs version of matchmaking. TB without the stupid platoon requirements would be great. In fact just remove TW altogether and add the Zeta rewards to the TB.
  • More TB, Less TW.
    had this conversation with my brother not that long ago and here’s what we thought ended up being a good idea: run 1 TB & 1 TW each week.

you can have TB run Monday-Saturday & have TW run on Saturday-Sunday. with TW, get rid of the joining period & automatically include everyone in your guild but only payout those who contribute at least 50 banners.

I like the idea @stiiillwaiting Very interesting. :smile:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
    TB is great and the rewards are great, mostly because it's the most Guild Event tokens.