Raid Tickets

Gama_Fox
624 posts Member
So the introduction of the ships PVE table brought us a new type of energy. "Ship energy".

After doing a few battles in the ships table I noticed that I was at 0/600 tickets for the day (guild activity reset had been 5 hours prior so it's not like it just reset by coincidence). So I've come to the conclusion that the new ship energy does not count towards daily raid tickets produced.

My question is... Do you agree that ship energy shouldn't count towards ticket production in the same way that energy/cantina energy does? Or do you think that the ship energy SHOULD count towards our daily tickets produced.

If you're not in a higher-end guild with highly active members, ticket production can be a struggle for guilds and is often a contributor for removing certain members. Surely having ship energy contribute to ticket production would be a huge relief for lower level guilds and realistically wouldn't break the game..

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    too much hassle apparently

Is ship energy supposed to contribute to my daily 600 raid tickets like Energy and Cantina Energy?
    Ship energy does not contribute to the daily 600 Raid Tickets. We would have needed to boost the total earnable tickets to 900 and adjust the raid costs appropriately if we included Ship Energy and we felt this would have been a much worse experience for everyone. All the text in game should have been updated to explain Raid Tickets are only earned from Energy and Cantina Energy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173287/content-update-6-20-2018#latest
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »

Is ship energy supposed to contribute to my daily 600 raid tickets like Energy and Cantina Energy?
    Ship energy does not contribute to the daily 600 Raid Tickets. We would have needed to boost the total earnable tickets to 900 and adjust the raid costs appropriately if we included Ship Energy and we felt this would have been a much worse experience for everyone. All the text in game should have been updated to explain Raid Tickets are only earned from Energy and Cantina Energy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173287/content-update-6-20-2018#latest

Thanks for the link. I don't see why they couldn't have made it count towards the 600 tickets and just leave it at 600 tickets... I know we have members in our guild struggle to get 600 tickets/day and having ships energy count towards daily tickets would make it so they don't need to be replaced if we implement a 600/day requirement.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »

Thanks for the link. I don't see why they couldn't have made it count towards the 600 tickets and just leave it at 600 tickets... I know we have members in our guild struggle to get 600 tickets/day and having ships energy count towards daily tickets would make it so they don't need to be replaced if we implement a 600/day requirement.

No kidding. Their response makes it seem like this isn't even a possibility (keeping the requirement at 600).

This seriously annoyed me when I figured it out. I actually missed my first 600 in over a year because I assumed fleet energy counted towards your daily total. One of my guild leaders messaged me like "****, you never miss your 600!" And I could have sworn I didn't miss it. What I actually did was check my tickets, saw they were at 520/600, then went on to spend 100 energy in the fleet battles.

It's just one of dozens of such decisions that confirms that the devs are being pushed to squeeze every last penny out of the customer. As if anyone is going to actually pay for crystals just to make their 600.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu

No kidding. Their response makes it seem like this isn't even a possibility (keeping the requirement at 600).

This seriously annoyed me when I figured it out. I actually missed my first 600 in over a year because I assumed fleet energy counted towards your daily total. One of my guild leaders messaged me like "****, you never miss your 600!" And I could have sworn I didn't miss it. What I actually did was check my tickets, saw they were at 520/600, then went on to spend 100 energy in the fleet battles.

It's just one of dozens of such decisions that confirms that the devs are being pushed to squeeze every last penny out of the customer. As if anyone is going to actually pay for crystals just to make their 600.

I get enough free crystals each day that I would never have to spend real money on crystal refreshes luckily. I just think making ship energy count towards tickets produced would really help a lot of the smaller/mid-level guilds. The top end guilds that pay a lot of money are already getting a huge advantage with the new sith gear.. At least give the small guys a bit of a bump.

Gama_Fox wrote: »

I get enough free crystals each day that I would never have to spend real money on crystal refreshes luckily. I just think making ship energy count towards tickets produced would really help a lot of the smaller/mid-level guilds. The top end guilds that pay a lot of money are already getting a huge advantage with the new sith gear.. At least give the small guys a bit of a bump.

I wish they would count the guild members and only require 600 tickets a day out of that number of members. This would make it fair to all players. No one should have to depend on 49 other players to unlock the raids at the fastest. If you have 25 members and they all put in their 600 a day, they should unlock the raids just as fast as 50 players getting their 600 a day.

This will still require all players to be active. And if you have inactive players, it will still hurt your guild.

The large guilds will still have the advantage. They will finish the raids like they were nothing to them while the smaller guilds work on them longer. It's just that simple.

If you're worried about the small guilds having the tickets again before they even finish the raid, then let the ticket earning for that raid begin once the raid has been completed. This will put the time between the raids the same for all as well.

It's the fair thing to do. I've spent a lot of time, money and effort on this game. I shouldn't be punished for not leaning on 49 other people.

Please EA and CG. Take this into co consideration and break the chains on the war against smaller guilds.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They spoke about it more in an interview, and it is not based on the fact that they can't.

It is about the balance of how often raids can be completed and keeping guild full (or rewarding guilds that stay full).

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a small guild, there are incomplete guilds.