R2D2 7* again

Narad_Etup
32 posts Member
edited May 2018
I want to be ready for the next R2 event, and not invest too much ressource in empire team because i prepare CLS too

I have now Palpatine and RG g8 DV Tarkin and TFP g9.
All capacities 7 level 79
Should i improve Gear and omega some ?

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That should be adequate with decent mods, but no amount of investment in Darth Vader or TIE Fighter Pilot is too much even if you aren't running them in the arena because they have excellent ships. Tarkin likewise should be your capital ship commander for a long time until you get the Chimaera.
    Still not a he.
  • I did it with less than that (and a lot of retries for good RNG) but I second the idea that you can never have too much on Vader, TFP, and Tarkin. Level 80 plus Omegas on EP, Vader, and Tarkin should make the event very doable. If your mods are not good (with lots of speed and protection), you'll need a lot more help from gear and abilities.
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for answers. At long term i will up FTP, Tarkin and DV more, but it needs same Gear that Chaze and wiggs i want up first and i have CLS to prepare too.
    I ll level them up when i up my level too.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    Give Omega to DV and upgrade EP’s gear.
  • R2 event comes soon and CLS too.
    Can any one give a look to my roster and write some advice I want to be ready for both.
    I saved gear to up R2 gear X in case.
    And have 55 oméga and one hundred purple.

https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/?f=empire

Thanks all
  • Does anyone think i can 7* R2 with Tarkin (L) Vader RG ST and TFP all gear 8 except Vader who will be gear 9. All level 75. Would it be possible? Only got EP at 6*
  • BobaHozz wrote: »
    Does anyone think i can 7* R2 with Tarkin (L) Vader RG ST and TFP all gear 8 except Vader who will be gear 9. All level 75. Would it be possible? Only got EP at 6*

Without 5 seven star characters no. But It should be at 6 stars.
  • Narad_Etup wrote: »
    R2 event comes soon and CLS too.
    Can any one give a look to my roster and write some advice I want to be ready for both.
    I saved gear to up R2 gear X in case.
    And have 55 oméga and one hundred purple.

https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/?f=empire

Thanks all

Getting R2 will be easy. CLS should be doable, but be ready to gear R2 up. If you don't want to just put G10 on him right away, try with G8 first and improve as needed.
    Does anyone think i can 7* R2 with Tarkin (L) Vader RG ST and TFP all gear 8 except Vader who will be gear 9. All level 75. Would it be possible? Only got EP at 6*

You're pretty underpowered. I did it with that team at level 79, G9 (almost G10) on Tarkin Vader TFP, G8 RG and ST. TFP speed was around 240, Vader was close to 200. You can give it a try, but 6* R2 this time around is probably your best bet.

You're pretty underpowered. I did it with that team at level 79, G9 (almost G10) on Tarkin Vader TFP, G8 RG and ST. TFP speed was around 240, Vader was close to 200. You can give it a try, but 6* R2 this time around is probably your best bet.

It's been so long for me, memory fails. Don't all heros need to be 7* to get a 7* R2?

It's been so long for me, memory fails. Don't all heros need to be 7* to get a 7* R2?

6* Empire team to get a 6* R2

Yes. From what I understand, the poster I'm replying to has a 6* EP, and then 5 other Empire toons at 7*. The team he has at 7* will be very, very difficult to get 7* R2 with because of level and low gear. 6* R2 should be very doable because EP lead makes this event way easier.

Yes. From what I understand, the poster I'm replying to has a 6* EP, and then 5 other Empire toons at 7*. The team he has at 7* will be very, very difficult to get 7* R2 with because of level and low gear. 6* R2 should be very doable because EP lead makes this event way easier.

Agreed. I just wasn't clear on req's. I need to run it for my Padawan and I have mine to 7*

• Getting R2 will be easy. CLS should be doable, but be ready to gear R2 up. If you don't want to just put G10 on him right away, try with G8 first and improve as needed.

Thanks
    i will up R2 gear X because i will use in my arena team.
    I saved enough zêta for one up. Better on CLS or R2 if i get both?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It Binds All Things is generally regarded as the most important zeta on a CLS team, but Number Crunch is usable on a broader variety of teams.
    Still not a he.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It Binds All Things is generally regarded as the most important zeta on a CLS team, but Number Crunch is usable on a broader variety of teams.

A
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Also if theres any doubts on getting cls number crunch miht get you over the line
  • Thakns all, i did both ( first try for R2 and second try for Luke).
    No omega and no zeta with R2 Gear 10.