Dumbed down AI

LORDKAI
96 posts Member
For months now, I have been able to enter the HAAT at the beginning of P3 and auto battle phases 3 and 4 to completion. However, recently the AI has changed. In P3, toons will no longer target anything but the B2 rocket droid, thereby slowly having their health whittled away by the b1 droids. This has gane as far as all toons refusing to use any AOE attacks. The same goes for p4. Toons will only attack the main tank target, ignoring the B2 rocket droids and the turrets resulting in an untimely demise.
It seems in an attempt to keep people from being able to auto parts of the STR, CG has altered the AI's behaviour and thus affected the other raids. Has anyone noticed this as well?
Any acknowledgement of this or comment on it by @CG_Carrie or @CG_SBCrumb would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Essentially no AFK raiding. SRT is proof of that. Sure you can auto, but your score will suffer. I wouldn't hold your breath for confirmation.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    There are two types of Auto. Targeted Auto and Full Auto.
    The first time you press Auto, the game will continue to attack the target that was selected at that time. If a character taunts, the target switches to them, and will remain on them after the taunt is gone. The target will switch randomly to another target when the current target dies or gains stealth.
    If you tap on the targeted enemy after pressing auto, the target will disappear and you will be on "full auto" where the game will randomly select a target to hit at the start of every turn no matter what (unless there is a taunt).

Just make sure you deselect the B2 as your target and the AI will hit everyone randomly.
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    Remember when they said they were going to make this game less of a time sink? Yeah. Good times
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    I made sure that I wasn't accidentally locked onto one target and watched the same thing happen 13 times. It's not a UI error
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    LORDKAI wrote: »
    I made sure that I wasn't accidentally locked onto one target and watched the same thing happen 13 times. It's not a UI error

Well in that case... That's a pain. Do you know when this started happening? I haven't seen it happen myself and can still auto my way through p3 and p4.
  • I understand, targeting does seem hit and miss lately, but I think it is to make sure we are there fighting not making a sandwich. Lol
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    But why change it now when It is as easy to down as the Pit? Or why not carry through the logic to making the PIt impossible to auto?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    It changes with every update even you can’t see it, you can feel it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thats funny, i just ran my first auto P3/P4 solo run on auto for our last HAAT 2 days ago. I had no issues with the AOE and half way into P3 i had to select him to get them to target as wampa was taking out the b1s no problem.
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    LORDKAI wrote: »

Well in that case... That's a pain. Do you know when this started happening? I haven't seen it happen myself and can still auto my way through p3 and p4.

I noticed this the last 3 raids we ran. So maybe 7 days ago? Also I am running the AA/AV team for the solo.