A store update is required

A while back they did a final reshuffle and added some units to the stores and since then have stated they will not be adding to these stores. Well they have rendered parts of their game useless to senior players as cantina, GW, and PVP tokens end up being horded with nothing to spend them on. At least Pvp you can purchase credits and cantina you can purchase ships tokens but GW actually are useless and that number just continues to grow. Is there any plans to add some use for end game players from these stores? Something like being able to buy ability mats like fleet store would be good

Replies

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Their intention when they stated that was so that veteran players could then use those saved up currencies for shard shop currency. Cantina tokens can be used to buy ship building currency, and arena tokens can be used to buy prestige and credits.

Shard Shop currency is not useless, it's a great place to get gear. I'd much rather farm gear for my characters than feel the need to get more shards for the awful toons that they bother putting into the GW store like Bodhi or Cad Bane.
  • If you are banking Gw tokens instead of buying prints to convert to shard shop currency, . . . You’re doing it way wrong
  • Spend your GW points on maxed out 7* toons and convert to shard shop currency then you can buy all the gear you want and get GG to 7* as well.
  • Spend your GW points on maxed out 7* toons and convert to shard shop currency then you can buy all the gear you want and get GG to 7* as well.

I thought you get the best bang for your buck with ship shards?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Spend your GW points on maxed out 7* toons and convert to shard shop currency then you can buy all the gear you want and get GG to 7* as well.

I thought you get the best bang for your buck with ship shards?

In case of GW, you get 5 character shards or 4 ship shards for the same price, but you still get more shard tokens from ships. Exactly one more shard token.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Their intention when they stated that was so that veteran players could then use those saved up currencies for shard shop currency. Cantina tokens can be used to buy ship building currency, and arena tokens can be used to buy prestige and credits.

Shard Shop currency is not useless, it's a great place to get gear. I'd much rather farm gear for my characters than feel the need to get more shards for the awful toons that they bother putting into the GW store like Bodhi or Cad Bane.

This.
  • A while back they did a final reshuffle and added some units to the stores and since then have stated they will not be adding to these stores.

Can anyone point to this original post?
  • Have you 7* General Grevious yet? Then your store currency can be converted to shard shop currency and be used to buy General Grevious shards. (though I'd rater buy GG from the fleet store and gear form the shard shop)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Have you 7* General Grevious yet? Then your store currency can be converted to shard shop currency and be used to buy General Grevious shards. (though I'd rater buy GG from the fleet store and gear form the shard shop)

I'd rather buy zetas from the fleet store and gear from the shard shop.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH