In defense of CG (calm down people)

Prev134
I'll be the devil's advocate here and defend CG.

The past week has been tumultuous, with DSTB bugs, yoda mythic backlash, hSTR, etc. But some of you folks have definitely overreacted...

YODA MYTHIC

firstly: NOBODY lost any rewards. We're all just assuming that the next time it shows up, there won't be any mods. Now, this definitely may be true, but all they're saying is that they will remove mods until they figure out how to display the thing properly. this DOES NOT AFFECT ALL MYTHICS, so calm down.

DSTB

The "substantial makegood" has yet to show up. If it's bad, I'll be handing out pitchforks, but let's just wait and see. If they compensate us properly, there's no need to get pre-emptively upset.

hSTR

DISCLAIMER: this refers to players who have a GP of about 1.5-2M or above (i.e. played through the CLS meta or before)

The arena teams you've possibly built include Titans, Nightsisters, RJT, zzEP, or the like. RJT murders P1, zzEP can get you 2%, Titans nets 3/5 for Chex Mix, and you're more or less Heroic ready.

TB has already made clear they want strong players to band together and weaker ones to stick together. hSTR is just another step in this direction.

If you're a whale, move to a proper guild. If you're someone who thinks he's not heroic ready, look through your roster, build 3-4 teams and put forth an application on any of the guild recruitment areas.

If you want to play with friends, fine, but don't expect to get Traya or G12+.

Replies

• MntMan
    281 posts Member
    I agree with you Yoda Mythic comments, and partially with your DSTB comments. I mean maybe they're really wracking their brains to come up with something meaningful to avoid more backlash and meaningful means different things to everyone so while there will certainly be someone to complain maybe they can hit a bullseye for most. Also while it was a mess up on coding it happens. QA all you want, but it happens. I'm the last apologist for CG trust me, but in a couple more DSTB we'll all but have forgotten about this.

Your STR statement I strongly disagree with. I mean if it really had just been a week I'm onboard with your statement, but it's been since the inception of STR and the first subsequent reward change followed by another that did not amend the issue. We could go on forever here on your specific points and host of disagreements there, but there are one or two pages already dedicated to that so I'll keep it concise and on topic and say no I will not calm down until CG recognizes formally what the issue is with STR, shows that they actually truly comprehend it and understand it, which to date all signs show that they either don't or plain don't care, and promises to rectify it before any new release content. Until then I'll not calm down (though to be candid my level of un-calm is hopefully on level with the fact that this is just a game and a free one at that if you choose and I'm not losing sleep over this or elevating my blood pressure. More discontent I guess is the right word)
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    So, in to words: “they are fine, and won’t do anything, so go .... yourself “, right?
    I wouldn’t consider this as a good answer on CG’s behalf...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Your comments on HSR missed the point the majority of people are making by such a wide margin it's almost embarassing.

I don't care about Traya, I don't care about g12+. What I care about is being forced to add 5 battles and 15 restarts to my daily activity every single **** day just so I can help my guild beat a boring, tedious, horribly designed piece of hot garbage.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Like above posters, I agree with everything you said except your take on HSith rewards. The system is set up to make strong guilds either internally fight over top 10 rewards or split up - which is the opposite of the point of TW and TB.

It's a horrible top-heavy design, that will ultimately destabilize the entire guild system. But I'm sure CG/EA don't even realize that yet, and by the time they do, acknowledge it and actually do something effective about it, most of us will have moved on to other things.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    What are you talking about in regards to hSTR? Most people just want to be compensated fairly for the time they put into a raid. People spending 5times as much time to do whatever tier of the raid they are on compared to how much time they spend on HPit and HAAT and they are only getting maybe 10% of the rewards they would get in those older heroic raids. CG isn't motivating anyone to deal with their boring and unlikeable new raid. All they are doing is locking exlusive content behind it and forcing people to spend money to get it because their lower tiers don't reward with gear to help your teams for the raid.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    CG will never be able to please everyone, that is just a fact. As far as the Hsith raid, my guild is currently building up to it. We are doing T6. Does everyone like it? No. Are there major problems with it? Yes. Is it fair that whale guild members are participating in lower level shards, making it impossible for lower level players to play competitively? No. The people that write code and game rules are not infallible and I don't expect them to be. Bottom line is that if you are unhappy with the game, you can stop playing anytime. For me, playing is my time to have fun. When I build my teams up and make progress I am happy. As long as players are compensated for glitches, bugs and misinformation I can wait.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    OP do you read the forums.... I would assume not since your entire OP basically has been said ad nausem by a very small minority of posters here. And the majority of the forum disagrees with you... which they say ad nausem but at least its i the containment thraed

But I find it funny YOUR thread has not been moved. makes you wonder.

Thanks for telling me if I don't join a heroic guild I can't get Traya shards...I mean...head asplode enlightning I was planning on there being a quest or a traya pack...but in Dennis Hopper fashion.."You opened my eyes man"

:)
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    I will say all the frustrations with playing this the sith raid are valid and I can attest to it as well. The thing is the heroic sith rewards are pretty **** worth the effort, so I suggest players stop complaining about what they can’t do and start making a few good teams to contribute to hstr and get yourselves some of the good rewards.
  • Czertik
    113 posts Member
    Well, if they making every reapering event more harder forcing players to spend more gear just to finish him, while prevoiusly it was 3*, something is wrong. And not on my sqad side.
  • EyeG_80ate
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The system is set up to make strong guilds either internally fight over top 10 rewards or split up

I have yet to see any evidence of this (and it seems unlikely to be a problem). Guilds will either A) set up a rotation for top 10 (assuming everyone is capable of similar damage numbers and are reasonable humans). 2) If the guild is being carried by a few people with all the best teams, those carrying the guild deserve the top 10 spots (and anyone that thinks otherwise is just being silly)
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I just don't understand what the issue is with the way mod rewards were displayed on GM Yoda Mythic event. We've seen them displayed like this in the past - showing 1 of each mod shape means you get one of those at random, not all of them, and that's obvious. Anyway it should be an easy fix, we've seen their "generic" mod shape in the past and that should work fine for this, I'm sure.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    That's the problem with hstr. Its the only one that gives valuable rewards and requires a mass of specific teams. I spent 2 months farming vets, after months farming fo to get bb8. I unlocked jtr. I am 3 pieces away from g12 on her, my bb8 is maxed out, my hermit Yoda is nearly 7 stars and also maxed out as far as 6 stars can go. My r2d2 and resistance trooper need some work. My p2 and p3 teams are already solid. My night sisters are about to punch into the 7 star deadly range, and I can't stand it. Why? Because I want to build up the teams that I like. I want to max out my ewoks, or my jawa. Even if their useless. Or spend some time on my bounty hunters. I want to level the toons that I like to have fun, but I also want to contribute to my guilds progress.

Ever since str was released and they made it clear that only hstr would give meaningful rewards it has been all about building up for it, but I don't like half the teams needed for it. My guild needs more jtr... I just want to have fun and build up kit fisto without screwing over guild members.

I think str sucks the fun out of the game because it has such a high demand for people to stay competitive and has very forced teams comps to have a shot at it. I have all the toons I need to do well in it and most are geared up and ready for hstr, but my desire to play those characters is at an all time low.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    EyeG_80ate wrote: »
    The system is set up to make strong guilds either internally fight over top 10 rewards or split up

I have yet to see any evidence of this (and it seems unlikely to be a problem). Guilds will either A) set up a rotation for top 10 (assuming everyone is capable of similar damage numbers and are reasonable humans). 2) If the guild is being carried by a few people with all the best teams, those carrying the guild deserve the top 10 spots (and anyone that thinks otherwise is just being silly)

As long as there's no guild who can 10-man HSTR you can make an argument that top 10 is carried... Neither can make it happen but discussion about it means the line has been drawn which is bad.

More OT - I can give a break to a game I paid 60 bucks for. I can wait for a fix in a game I paid 60 bucks up front and then 15 per month.
    A studio which is boasting how their game is among the top grossing in 100 billion dollar industry and degrades player experience with each "fix" can expect nothing less than being called out. Especially when bugs which could be noticed after a single basic playthrough are affecting community even more.
    Another thing is devs, community managers being bashed on forums. This indeed isn't fair, but then again - it's their job. Same as QA job is to prevent them being bashed in the first place.

Anyone who works for a corporation knows the drill. "Passion", "Courage", "Customers first" are just buzzwords. Spreadsheets are what matters and your paycheck at the end of the months. You can't expect more really.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

First off, since you just joined the forums earlier this month, welcome.

Most guilds have only run 2-3 HSith raids since the rework. It's only just beginning, so of course you haven't seen evidence of this. What tier does your guild run?

So your suggested fix for the "fix" is for guild leaders to do more work to workaround a bad reward structure? With international guilds and differing time zones, setting up a rotation so that 20% of the guild can capture the top 10 spots in a fair and rotating system that accommodates all 50 members and their schedules would be a logistical nightmare. And one that guild leaders and players wouldn't have to take upon themselves if CG/EA would develop reward structures that encourage team work, engagement and participation.

While I certainly welcome a good discussion and suggestions, how about we stick to ones that are realistically possible for guild leaders and officers who don't see that position as a full time job?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

First off, since you just joined the forums earlier this month, welcome.

Most guilds have only run 2-3 HSith raids since the rework. It's only just beginning, so of course you haven't seen evidence of this. What tier does your guild run?

So your suggested fix for the "fix" is for guild leaders to do more work to workaround a bad reward structure? With international guilds and differing time zones, setting up a rotation so that 20% of the guild can capture the top 10 spots in a fair and rotating system that accommodates all 50 members and their schedules would be a logistical nightmare. And one that guild leaders and players wouldn't have to take upon themselves if CG/EA would develop reward structures that encourage team work, engagement and participation.

While I certainly welcome a good discussion and suggestions, how about we stick to ones that are realistically possible for guild leaders and officers who don't see that position as a full time job?

Can we give this man a job at CG/EA already?!

Anyway, I’ll only give the OP credit for the TB bugs and make good. Let’s see what the compensation is first before going nuts. They acknowledged the problem, promised a make good and until its given out that’s all we can expect.

As for the mods in mythics? Taking rewards away was a knee **** reaction and fool hardy when all that was needed was a description fix. So there’s that.

For HSTR?...dude have you been around the game long at all? At least since April? The first reward rework was actually better than this one because you got more currency overall and challenge gear was nixed completely ( @CG_SBCrumb ahem....). With the rework it’s even worse because the full gear piece is gone, the rewards are ridiculously top heavy causing division amongst guilds, the challenge gear is still there and the other salvage amounts are laughably low. This needs to be addressed ASAP because this raid was supposed to be a game changer and has done nothing but cause problems since.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

@UltimateSeaDog you think these rewards are fair for a completion for HSTR? I certainly don’t.
  • Fingers crossed, the very apparent problems so many people are flagging up will be addressed. It's in their interests to do so.

It's a great game though, I enjoy it. Long may it continue and prosper.
  • People do need to calm down here. The overreaction and vitriol to any minor glitch or seeming slight has made it difficult for CG to measure what is actually most pressing to the community. Yes, Sith Raid and HSTR rewards stands out amongst these issues, but for all the other issues, how would CG even prioritize based on community feedback since it's all the same heightened level of entitlement or irrational objections?
  • Controlled venting is not a bad thing. Sometimes just doing so, and seeing others echo it, helps. Sure fixes would be great, but knowing the gas light is flickering for everyone else too, is comforting. Shared experiences, thoughts, etc..
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    @Ravens1113
    You're not unlucky. It's just systemic (...)
    7buztwq8fg4o.png

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Xezee wrote: »
    @Ravens1113
    You're not unlucky. It's just systemic (...)
    7buztwq8fg4o.png

It’s truly amazing. For a typical gear 12 piece you need 40 of one salvage and 30 of another. Given these as typical drops you get 4/70 the required pieces.....5.7% of the salvage needed for mk 12 medpac in the example you showed...so I need to do 19 HSTR raids to get enough salvage and that’s IF they drop each time. Truly amazing. @Xezee
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    People do need to calm down here. The overreaction and vitriol to any minor glitch or seeming slight has made it difficult for CG to measure what is actually most pressing to the community. Yes, Sith Raid and HSTR rewards stands out amongst these issues, but for all the other issues, how would CG even prioritize based on community feedback since it's all the same heightened level of entitlement or irrational objections?

Minor glitch???? Ha. STR Rewards and tier structure/time spent are a minor glitch? That is what has people fired up and angry so everything else that continues to move the bar in the wrong directions (getting rid of "useless (Ha again)" mods from mythic yoda, DSTB not working properly, etc are just adding fuel to the fire, yet despite this most on here have echo'd so far those aren't their biggest concern. STR is. We've given tons of feedback, feedback that is enraged, vocal, fairly unified and to the point and then when they do make a change it is ignored and they do something to exasperate the issue even more. So yeah. Any angry mob, angry about STR is full of salt and vinegar right now so any mistake is being viewed through anything but rose colored lenses. Could we lighten up? Sure. Should we? Up to each person, but if CG continues to go down their path undeterred why shouldn't we?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

@UltimateSeaDog you think these rewards are fair for a completion for HSTR? I certainly don’t.

10000000x better than T4/5/6

Your rewards should be better do you think they should be x(infinity sign) better ???

I agree it will take you forever to combine G12+ stuff but it will take everyone else forever x100

At least ya got the X100

• Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Actually I'm not so concerned about the mystics mods as I am about the fact they said the mods were the least significant part of the rewards. If they actually thought that its too bad there was a fuss raised as they'll be sure to nerf the reward mods once they realize how much we all like them.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    MntMan wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    People do need to calm down here. The overreaction and vitriol to any minor glitch or seeming slight has made it difficult for CG to measure what is actually most pressing to the community. Yes, Sith Raid and HSTR rewards stands out amongst these issues, but for all the other issues, how would CG even prioritize based on community feedback since it's all the same heightened level of entitlement or irrational objections?

Minor glitch???? Ha. STR Rewards and tier structure/time spent are a minor glitch? That is what has people fired up and angry so everything else that continues to move the bar in the wrong directions (getting rid of "useless (Ha again)" mods from mythic yoda, DSTB not working properly, etc are just adding fuel to the fire, yet despite this most on here have echo'd so far those aren't their biggest concern. STR is. We've given tons of feedback, feedback that is enraged, vocal, fairly unified and to the point and then when they do make a change it is ignored and they do something to exasperate the issue even more. So yeah. Any angry mob, angry about STR is full of salt and vinegar right now so any mistake is being viewed through anything but rose colored lenses. Could we lighten up? Sure. Should we? Up to each person, but if CG continues to go down their path undeterred why shouldn't we?

It's almost like you were so excited to get angry at someone that you completely missed the part where I said "Yes, Sith Raid and HSTR rewards stands out amongst these issues, but for all the other issues..."

So, thank you for proving my point because I was in agreement that those are serious issues the player base should be upset about and you still attacked me.

Find happiness somewhere brother. You carry too much darkness with you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

Traya shards and early access to gear that grants large stat boosts, including 6 speed per gear piece. Somehow you’re unhappy with this?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Bingo. I had to build up from 1 shard payout on heroic rancor, till I could almost solo it. By that time better players in my guild had 7 star han and just let us play through it. Now I'm usually 1st place and the guys not playing can solo it with there cls by himself.

Same applies for haat and hstr. Top of your guild will get her and then, if they are reasonable... will rotate out till everyone does.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

At rank 23 of 50... yeah I do. Now at 1 of 50... no I dont.

You are in the middle of the pack. Your rewards will be middle of the road.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Bingo. I had to build up from 1 shard payout on heroic rancor, till I could almost solo it. By that time better players in my guild had 7 star han and just let us play through it. Now I'm usually 1st place and the guys not playing can solo it with there cls by himself.

Same applies for haat and hstr. Top of your guild will get her and then, if they are reasonable... will rotate out till everyone does.

No they won't - nor should they. This isn't about Traya. Most guilds that have HSith going already have all 50 with Traya unlocked (ours does and we face 40+ Trayas in every TW). It's entirely about the g12+ gear, which makes it an entirely different issue from HAAT or Rancor

No one will ever be "done" with g12+ gear. That's the issue. Everyone is going to be in continual need of g12+ gear - especially as the meta shifts.

I'm not quite sure why people don't realize that this is a major detriment to long-term guild structure stability. I also find it quite telling that the people saying it's not a problem or not going to be have largely been playing for a year or less. The people actually experienced at this game (and the way CG/EA works) are the ones voicing concerns. Concerns that will likely go unheeded or ignored.

This discussion has been closed.