Viable Arena Improvements

There are a few issues in the game that need to be addressed. High offense compared to defense is an issue. Testing comps without dropping rank is an issue. Cookie cutter teams that will eventually bore players is an issue. Here are a few suggestions that could greatly improve the game and fix these issues.

1. Let players set our arena defense. This will allow us to play around with team comps without dropping rank. This to me is one of the most important changes that needs to happen sooner than later.
2. Give me a way to see my win/loss record other than giving someone my ally code and having them screen shot it. I want to know which comps are winning or not working on defense. It would also be nice to see your last few defensive hits. Who hit you. Did I win or lose? What comp did they use.
3. Stop letting a higher rank lock in there position by attacking a lower position. You should be able to attack lower rank but it is a cheesy tactic used to lock others from fighting you and stealing rank. Do I use it. Yes. But you should stay attackable while attacking lower ranks and I would love to see this tactic go away.
4. Improving defense, evade, hp, armor. Dps and speed are King. Def isn't viable. The issue is that if you greatly improve defense then it basically makes GW near impossible. The fix for this is either by making GW matching better. The last 3 teams only at your level. Or/and giving players a few hidden slots for either chosen purple gear, accessories, or consumables. These slots would only be viable in arena. That allows the player some customization . Make defensive stats on these items better than offensive stats. This will add to comp variety and alleviate cookie cutter builds a bit.

Replies

• Moscba
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My improvements ideas :

Phase 0. Everyone can choose his defensive teams. (A light side defensive team and a dark side defensive team)

The Arena match
    1 - Have a look to Def TeamS of your opponents then choose who you would like to face.
    2 - AI plays a toss light side/ dark side
    3 - Depending on the Toss the player will have to play : light side vs defensive dark side team or on the contrary dark side team vs defensive light side team.

Why those 2 ideas.
    - Pic yourselve your defensive teams meaning than you do not attack with the same toons than you defend
    1 Because the way we play our heroes is very different than AI. For exemple Yoda is nice to play in offense but in defense AI plays him not in proper manner.
    2 There will be no more reason to get the defensive team over lucky to 'equalize' the biais stated above. Some people play Phasma lead + Daka only because they know that in defense they will get infamous extra turn and resurections.
    3 Because the def toons will be different than our offensive squad we will see new heroes. It so boring to see always and always the same matches !
    - Light side against dark side.
    1 - Because it s the Idea of all the movies. I mean i m a star wars fan and i don t have pleasure to face Darth Vader + QGJ with my Sidious + Rey.
    2 - Because we will see more heroes and players will be oblige to farm them.
    3 - Because having a bigger roster will help.
    Post edited by Moscba on
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Sixplicit wrote: »
    2. Give me a way to see my win/loss record other than giving someone my ally code and having them screen shot it. I want to know which comps are winning or not working on defense. It would also be nice to see your last few defensive hits. Who hit you. Did I win or lose? What comp did they use.

Agree with this, a record of win/loss is necessary, I don't know if I'm being attacked and wining or simply not battling