Why does GMYoda only get one g12+ piece of gear?

2Next

Replies

• Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

To quote yourself, "G12+ pieces are some of the most powerful gear we have released and will provide a power boost almost comparable to upgrading from G11 to G12"

So ... you lied. Nice.

Quotes:
    1) "G12+ pieces are some of the most powerful gear we have released and will provide a power boost almost comparable to upgrading from G11 to G12"
    2) "The Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on Grand Master Yoda is not a bug and though far from ideal, does provide him a very small boost in effectiveness"

Colour me surprised.
  • Options
    Maybe they plan on releasing/reworking another Jedi toon who will be more desirable/effective and whose function matches the gear set better. Making GMY a very nice band-aid for now but then will encourage spending down the road
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Not gonna feel nice putting gthat piece on GMY 2 years from now when you can accumulate the salvage for it

You'll probably need to equip it to open XIII by then.... :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Ugh. Complain, complain, complain. Every single character has a mix of gear some of which is completely, and totally useless to them in any way. When did this all of the sudden become a mistake they won't admit to, or a bug, or an evil plot?

The piece in question still gives Yoda speed, health, and armor. And he is doing 70k crits in p1 of the Sith raid under the right conditions as is. Can we save the torches, and pitchforks for actual emergencies?
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ugh. Complain, complain, complain. Every single character has a mix of gear some of which is completely, and totally useless to them in any way. When did this all of the sudden become a mistake they won't admit to, or a bug, or an evil plot?

The piece in question still gives Yoda speed, health, and armor. And he is doing 70k crits in p1 of the Sith raid under the right conditions as is. Can we save the torches, and pitchforks for actual emergencies?

a fellow kindred spirit! hello there!!!

And yes. Do people not realize how many times they've put gear on a character that adds potency... but it's an attacker that applies no debuffs?

And in this instance, instead of just giving some generic corporate talk, they actually said this gear is best equipped on other toons because you'll see immaterial gains on GMY. That's a huge step. A developer actually provided guidance on how to best allocate resources without it being shrouded in mystery like in the past. I see this as a win. Yes, the useless gear irks me especially since it will need to be applied to get him to G13 when that''s released, but it's such a non-issue in the large scheme of things.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    There is useless gear that is easy to obtain, and then there is g12+ useless gear that can only be obtained in the Heroic Sith raid with the recent changes in rewards. Only GMY has one of those bits of useless gear. There is a bit of a difference...

edit: and no, @JacenRoe , the piece in question does not give him Speed, Health, and Armour. That would be the GOOD piece of gear that he DOES NOT get. the piece in question gives him speed (they all do), Agility (which is not his stat), physical damage (which he does not do), and physical crit rating (which is also useless)

If it was a mk12 Fusion Furnace, there would be no issue, as that piece gives Health, Armour, Resistance and Speed. That is all good.
  • Options
    There's a lot of difficult to obtain worthless gear across all gear levels. JKA is a great example. Mk9 Holo Lens is pretty difficult and applies +470 health, +35 tac, and +1% tenacity. Only thing worthwhile there is the health.

I agree. It irks me that a G12+ piece is immaterial to a character. I just don't see getting bent out of shape about it especially when it's existed throughout every gear level since I can ever remember.

spoiler alert: they're not going to fix it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    There is useless gear that is easy to obtain, and then there is g12+ useless gear that can only be obtained in the Heroic Sith raid with the recent changes in rewards. Only GMY has one of those bits of useless gear. There is a bit of a difference...

edit: and no, @JacenRoe , the piece in question does not give him Speed, Health, and Armour. That would be the GOOD piece of gear that he DOES NOT get. the piece in question gives him speed (they all do), Agility (which is not his stat), physical damage (which he does not do), and physical crit rating (which is also useless)

If it was a mk12 Fusion Furnace, there would be no issue, as that piece gives Health, Armour, Resistance and Speed. That is all good.

Just to verify, we are talking about Grand Master Yoda, and we are also talking about his MK 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens right? If so here is a link to the page for that gear piece on SWGOH.gg.

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/170/mk-12-armatek-holo-lens/

It gives 6 speed, 2000 health, and it gives agility. Raising Yoda's agility increases his armor just in case you weren't aware. Look at his stats in the game. It will tell you that right there.
  • Options

Just to verify, we are talking about Grand Master Yoda, and we are also talking about his MK 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens right? If so here is a link to the page for that gear piece on SWGOH.gg.

It gives 6 speed, 2000 health, and it gives agility. Raising Yoda's agility increases his armor just in case you weren't aware. Look at his stats in the game. It will tell you that right there.

Read at the start. You are clearly lost. If you read you will find your way. I'm not being condescending either.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Read at the start. You are clearly lost. If you read you will find your way. I'm not being condescending either.

I did read. Did you? I'm just trying to triple check we're talking about the same thing because what he wrote is wrong. I provided a link to proof of the wrongness... if you bothered to look at it.
  • Options

I did read. Did you? I'm just trying to triple check we're talking about the same thing because what he wrote is wrong. I provided a link to proof of the wrongness... if you bothered to look at it.

Stats
    +40 Agility
    +2000 Health
    +100 Physical Damage <---
    +85 Physical Critical Rating <---
    +6 Speed

its these stats i believe is what the issues here.

I think below this is what people would have wanted to GMY

Stats
    +40 Intelligence
    +3050 Health
    +50 Special Critical Rating <---
    +60 Resistance Penetration
    +6 Speed
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Genpaku408 wrote: »

Stats
    +40 Agility
    +2000 Health
    +6 Speed

Stats
    +40 Intelligence
    +3050 Health
    +6 Speed

What you're saying has nothing to do with what I said. I agree that piece below would be better. GMY has one of each. But I was responding to someone saying that the inferior piece has no speed, health or armor. Only speed, agility, physical crit chance, and physical damage.

You didn't inform me of anything, but at least thanks for showing that it does in fact have health. Also the agility increases armor. So the piece isn't optimal, but every single toon has multiple pieces top to bottom that give nothing useful. That's on purpose sometimes to get the toons useful stats exactly where you want them. Then pieces they don't need are thrown in as filler to finish off a level. At least Yoda needs 3 of the 5 stat boosts from that piece.
  • Options
    Genpaku408 wrote: »

Stats
    +40 Agility
    +2000 Health
    +6 Speed

Stats
    +40 Intelligence
    +3050 Health
    +6 Speed

Thank you
  • Options
    They always use gear pieces to balance out stats, that seems to be the case here.
    Go take a look at Vader or ****'s gear. Neither of them do special damage but they have like a million pieces of gear that boost special damage.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

The Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on Grand Master Yoda is not a bug and though far from ideal, does provide him a very small boost in effectiveness.

There are other characters that also have less than ideal gear such as Scavenger Rey. She has several pieces of TAC-based gear which she only benefits marginally from equipping. Similarly with Grand Master Yoda, he gains mostly health from the G12+ Holo Lens (and some speed, of course), so not entirely useless, but also not a significant performance improvement.

Regardless of GMY having the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, he has been balanced with this in mind and will perform well in certain game modes. (Psssst, such as P1 of the Heroic Sith raid as an example)

In the short term, I would recommend focusing on Yoda’s other gear and equipping the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens on another character if you earn one. There are definitely a few others that would love to have that additional physical damage!

Thanks for taking the time and responding.

No offense intended, But all the G12+ items have the same speed bonus, and all have some health bonus (2000 being minimum) except for one that offers +100 strength.

If the dev working on the rework did not coordinate with the dev working on the update why not just change it before people start equipping these very exclusive elite items.

Instead of saying do not invest in this new rework because anyone else who needs this item should get it before GMY. The MK-12 armatek key pad defense boost or the data pad offense boost would have been much more in line with his new kit.

And although Scavenger Rey has Tac gear to slightly boost her Resistance. That does not compare to having physical damage/crit rating for absolutely 0 stat boosts on a special damage dealing kit.

It was my understanding that gear levels going forward were being created to fix deficiencies on the toons rather that create new ones.

If the intention to use this item was made prior to the rework maybe it's worth doing a hotfix and reconsider this.

Saying this, even if nothing comes from it, thanks for breathing some life into GMY.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @JacenRoe I know what you are saying ... AGI increases armour by a little bit. But that is not the point, really. I also know that other toons get mostly-useless gear as well at different levels... that's not the point either, because this is g12 gear. It's different. I personally don't know of any other g12 or g12+ gear that is "wrong" for a toon (although I sure that someone will jump in and correct me).

Simply, the point is this: That physical dmg gear is for physical dmg toons. You are not going to equip it on GMY. So, GMY will only get 1 piece of g12+ gear. The "opportunity cost" of equipping it on GMY is too high - you lose the benefit of it on a physical dmg toon.

Lets look at the major special dmg toons in the game: Palp, Traya, Talzin, Krennic, DN, Thrawn, and GMY.

The g12+ gear that they get are these:
    a) Data Pad (40 int, 3050 health, 50 special crit, 60 resistance penetration, 6 speed)
    b) Key Pad (45 agility, 2000 health, 60 armour, 60 resistance, 6 speed)
    c) Furnace (6500 health, 30 armour, 30 resistance, 6 speed)

Palp gets (a) and (b)
    Traya gets (a) and (b)
    Talzin gets (a) and (c)
    Krennic gets (a) and (c)
    DN gets (a) and (b)
    Thrawn gets (a) and (b)
    GMY gets (a) and .... a Holo Lens (40 agility, 2000 health, 100 physical dmg, 85 physical crit, 6 speed)

@CG_SBCrumb That HAS to be a mistake. I don't care what they say about it being on purpose... If they don't want to increase GMY's dmg any higher, then give him a (b) or (c). But if they don't want to increase his health too much, give him a (b). The Key Pad has the same health and speed as the Holo Lens that they gave him, but some armour and resistance, rather than the physical dmg stats. In that case you would actually consider equipping the item on GMY. The Key Pad must be what they intended.

Moreover, GMY's resistance is lower than every other toon mentioned above, and his armour is at around the average of those above. The Key Pad is not going to make him overpowered by any means ... he will STILL have less resistance than all of those above toons, even with the extra +60!

It is a mistake, and an easy one to fix. I continue to be astounded at how CG refuses to acknowledge small mistakes like this and fix them.

And to the people who read my posts like a "boo hoo! waa waa waa! I want GMY to be great!" That's not what this is about - it's not a whine or a complaint, I am trying to point out that I believe that a mistake was made, that is easy to fix, and I am asking them to fix it. (While I admit that my first post came across as a bit of a whine).

The whole issue is minor, I agree, and I'm not going to devote my life into starting a crusade against it, but the issue remains, and their explanation does not hold water.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I also know that other toons get mostly-useless gear as well at different levels.

The whole issue is minor.

These were the two statements of significance that you made. The rest was noise.

It's not an accident, and it's not changing. If you think it's terrible game design to have to use extremely hard to get gear as filler when you don't want a toons stats any higher then I agree with you. But that has always been the case. So insisting it's a mistake after you got a dev response (and also after 2.5 years of them doing exactly this same thing over and over and over) is just silly.

You remember when Rancor raid gear was extremely rare, and valuable, and exclusive, took an eternity to get, and people were furious that they had to put a scanner that gives potency on Princess Leia when she has no debuffs? I do. Do you remember the forum rage thread about how people hated that? I do. Do you remember when EA/CG changed the gear system so that arbitrary nonsense like that doesn't happen anymore? No. Nobody does.

If your point is the gear system is stupid, then you're right, and I agree. But this gear piece on Yoda is consistent with the stupid rules of the stupid system. You've been given a dev response, and perfectly logical reasons why it's that way, and there are 2.5 years of history of them sticking with this tangled rats nest of a system. It's not changing.
  • Options
    ^ I like this person
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's "whole" point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    I also know that other toons get mostly-useless gear as well at different levels.

The whole issue is minor.

These were the two statements of significance that you made. The rest was noise.

It's not an accident, and it's not changing. If you think it's terrible game design to have to use extremely hard to get gear as filler when you don't want a toons stats any higher then I agree with you. But that has always been the case. So insisting it's a mistake after you got a dev response (and also after 2.5 years of them doing exactly this same thing over and over and over) is just silly.

You remember when Rancor raid gear was extremely rare, and valuable, and exclusive, took an eternity to get, and people were furious that they had to put a scanner that gives potency on Princess Leia when she has no debuffs? I do. Do you remember the forum rage thread about how people hated that? I do. Do you remember when EA/CG changed the gear system so that arbitrary nonsense like that doesn't happen anymore? No. Nobody does.

If your point is the gear system is ****, then you're right, and I agree. But this gear piece on Yoda is consistent with the **** rules of the **** system. You've been given a dev response, and perfectly logical reasons why it's that way, and there are 2.5 years of history of them sticking with this tangled rats nest of a system. It's not changing.

You don't get the point....
    They reworked him!
    Changed his attack multiplier up and now his doing great dmg.
    There is no need to balance him with physical dmg Gear!!1!
    The hole point is: one dev team reworked and the other team did the gear update. And I am sure thus two teams didn't talk with each other to tell them, yoda has no mare physical dmg attacks.
    Now they think we should think this is intended...

The point is that he's already doing 70k attacks (we have video evidence on YouTube), so it's possible that this was done on purpose since they figured that was high enough. And after a dev says, 'no it's not changing', then we can all agree it's dumb. But it's dumb, and it's staying as is. So please continue to insist that it must be an accident.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    [

The point is that he's already doing 70k attacks (we have video evidence on YouTube), so it's possible that this was done on purpose since they figured that was high enough. And after a dev says, 'no it's not changing', then we can all agree it's dumb. But it's dumb, and it's staying as is. So please continue to insist that it must be an accident.

^ This is "just noise". Nobody is asking for him to have more damage.

Considering that your mind is made up, I shouldn't even bother, but I will anyway.

He is doing that damage because of the buffs. He shares those buffs with his team. Palp, Traya, Talzin, etc. etc. can all get the same buffs. But they don't get worthless gear, do they?

Also, it is not about adding more damage to him. It's about removing the physical damage gear, which other toons need, and adding a Key Pad or Furnace instead ... neither of which add damage.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it? You agree that it is wrong, so why are you fighting back so much? What do you think the major issue is with replacing the "wrong" gear with a Key Pad (the Furnace might give him too much overall health)? Is there even a minor issue with that? Or any issue at all? Or is sense just noise to you?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    [

Considering that your mind is made up, I shouldn't even bother, but I will anyway.

He is doing that damage because of the buffs. He shares those buffs with his team. Palp, Traya, Talzin, etc. etc. can all get the same buffs. But they don't get worthless gear, do they?

Also, it is not about adding more damage to him. It's about removing the physical damage gear, which other toons need, and adding a Key Pad or Furnace instead ... neither of which add damage.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it? You agree that it is wrong, so why are you fighting back so much? What do you think the major issue is with replacing the "wrong" gear with a Key Pad (the Furnace might give him too much overall health)? Is there even a minor issue with that? Or any issue at all? Or is sense just noise to you?

My point... is to ask is it possible... that his stats... are exactly as they were intended to be... especially since a dev said it won't change?

And seeing as every single toon in the entire game has multiple pieces that don't have a single useful stat on them whatsoever... is this a giant surprise?

And finally as for giving him a different gear piece that gives more survivability... is it possible... that they figured giving himself, and an entire team, foresight, tenacity up, and bonus protection, and giving himself foresight on a basic was plenty of survivability... especially on a character that arguably has more self TM manipulation than any other character in the game now, and can now do absurdly high damage? Is it possible that they purposely gave him a 'useless' gear piece that ONLY gives him 6 speed, 2,000 health, and a bit of armor because they wanted him squishy in light of all the new abilities he was getting? And is it then at least possible that they did exactly what they have done with every toon in the game hundreds of times over, and gave him a filler piece instead of going back and reworking his entire gear table to get those stats exactly where there are?

I can, and have acknowledged the system is dumb. But there is no perfect system, and there are plenty of logical reason this is not a giant mistake. And you already have an answer from a dev. So at this point if you can't at least acknowledge any of the above might have some validity then you're not seeing the other side, and are purposely being obtuse, and I'll argue just for sport until I get bored.

So can you admit any of that, and that its really not a big deal, or are you going to continue to gripe about it, and insist on it being an accident even after you already got an answer?
  • Options
    [

My point... is to ask is it possible... that his stats... are exactly as they were intended to be... especially since a dev said it won't change?

And seeing as every single toon in the entire game has multiple pieces that don't have a single useful stat on them whatsoever... is this a giant surprise?

And finally as for giving him a different gear piece that gives more survivability... is it possible... that they figured giving himself, and an entire team, foresight, tenacity up, and bonus protection, and giving himself foresight on a basic was plenty of survivability... especially on a character that arguably has more self TM manipulation than any other character in the game now, and can now do absurdly high damage? Is it possible that they purposely gave him a 'useless' gear piece that ONLY gives him 6 speed, 2,000 health, and a bit of armor because they wanted him squishy in light of all the new abilities he was getting? And is it then at least possible that they did exactly what they have done with every toon in the game hundreds of times over, and gave him a filler piece instead of going back and reworking his entire gear table to get those stats exactly where there are?

I can, and have acknowledged the system is dumb. But there is no perfect system, and there are plenty of logical reason this is not a giant mistake. And you already have an answer from a dev. So at this point if you can't at least acknowledge any of the above might have some validity then you're not seeing the other side, and are purposely being obtuse, and I'll argue just for sport until I get bored.

So can you admit any of that, and that its really not a big deal, or are you going to continue to gripe about it, and insist on it being an accident even after you already got an answer?

Some folks don't get the picture unless the flash is on. ☝
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    [

I can see all that as a possibility, I just choose not to believe it. I have heard Dev's say many things that are not true or accurate and many times just blowing smoke so they can say it is a response.
    Yup we got an answer and yup it ain't changing. I have previously given my feelings on that and it is what it is, and to me the credibility goes down in what they say in situation like this, along with my expectations from them. In truth only CG knows the real reasons behind it. The answer they gave is just what they choose to say (yes they have not spoken the truth before for what ever reason) it doesn't mean any of it is the actual reason.