HAAT: Resistance squads viable without JTR?

Prev1
I wasn't ready for the recent JTR event, is building a Restance Squad still worth it without JTR? I have Poe, Finn, R2D2, Bb8, Rey (scavenger) and have started bringing RS up.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes if you have zFinn.

They can rock P2 or P4.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    The core for a JTR-free hAAT is zFinn, Poe, Trooper. I go with BB-8 and Pilot for my other two.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok good to know. Our main slowdown is p1, using zKylo (masked) . So boring. For p2 I run my AA squad, still polishing it but it does well there.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    I like Scavenger Rey over Res Pilot, much better toon in the long run and you said you already have her. Res Trooper is essential.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    If you are talking about AA with CLS, BB-8, etc., they can do p1 with raid Han and bleed into p2 if the only other thing your guild has is Zylo...but I'm guessing if you are using so many Zylos, you don't have many CLS.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If you are talking about AA with CLS, BB-8, etc., they can do p1 with raid Han and bleed into p2 if the only other thing your guild has is Zylo...but I'm guessing if you are using so many Zylos, you don't have many CLS.

Both actually. I can do around 40% of p1 with my AA squad, the members that have better ones wait to take care of p3/p4. I normally use mine for p2, and turn in about 6 mil. And about 3 mil with my Rebels. Wedge g12, Biggs g12, Chiruut g12, Baze g12, zR2 - bringing Leia to g12 and will zeta her next.

I have AA g11, zGAT (ebb and flow) g12, zzCLS (Lead and binds) g12, zHan g12, Bb8 g11

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    A lot of new cls this week id say. They go much easier than zylo.
  • To answer your main question, jtr-free, best res haat team is Zinn, poe, RT, RP, BB8. As someone above suggested.

Now for p1, i consistently solo 85% of p1 with 10 enrage countdowns remaining, with just zhan and cls. Then i am reliably able to get both of them out before they die. In all my tries(about 50 or so), my toons have only died on two occasions.

Both are g12, cls prolly doesn't need to be but han needs his medpack(so g12). Just count hits on grievous(i wrote nihilus before lol), and use han basic(recommended) or cls special on the 7th hit. Most people prefer cls special, but i've seen it get resisted/evaded often.

Don't expect results like these from the start tho, you'll build up soon with practice. I just assumed you have both cls and han 7* from the way you were writing btw.

Ps. I used to run a very cute wampanader team for p3 and p4 before i had wompa! It was wompa replaced by zhan. Took a lot of time, effort and precision, but it soloed both phases generally. Thought you'd like that piece of info. :P
  • I keep thinking my rotations are not right, I need to figure out how to do more damage?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I keep thinking my rotations are not right, I need to figure out how to do more damage?

Your rotations?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Do you mean which teams to put in where to get ahead of your guild mates?

I would do as much damage as possible p1 with CLS and escape as you can. I would recommend Han as well, but if you really need him for your AA squad, I wouldn't risk needing to escape two characters. If you have Hyoda or zVentress, I would use them instead and save Han for p1. You can even try Dathcha lead or Teebo in p1 to help out CLS (have to be good about counting so you know when to stealth Teebo). You can even bring in Logray to daze the adds which not only shuts down b2 tm gain, but also prevents the taunts, which seem to be tm based. It will also remove tm from Grievous. He can hit adds if he only has basic or just use his foresight.

After getting CLS out, use zFinn Resistance in p2, and make sure you leave yourself enough rounds to give BB-8 sufficient escape attempts--but he should go fast thanks to his tm gain on special. If you need additional p2 damage, try Zader or Imp troopers.

When p2 < 40%, put in AA squad. You should hopefully be able to finish p2, and if your mods are good enough, solo 3&4. Even if you can't manage to make it through 3, you should still be able to break 20 million if you use that team order.
  • Good info, will read and think on it. By rotation, I meant which skills in which order.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    That P1/P2 advice is exactly what I do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • G11 resistance can solo HAAT P4 without JTR.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    This is a recent P2 result. This is P2 only, I didn't start in p1. 315q6s1058up.png

Last fridays haat
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Progress of a sort, 12% of P1, 30% of P2

cpa134xeqsvz.png

Tonights HAAT
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Don't use that team for the end of P1 and then P2, use it for the end of P2 and then P3.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    That's good. I still think, though, if you send that team into the last 30% (or a little less if you want to play it safe), you could do more damage in p3 than exists in p1, even if they can't get the full p3 solo yet.. You can then use CLS for extra p1 damage if you can escape him, and throw in whatever else you have to hit the beginning of p2.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The key is to get BB-8 super fast so he can call those assists and get to ID sooner.
  • Ok, good to know!
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    The key is to get BB-8 super fast so he can call those assists and get to ID sooner.

He is about 239 now
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Both actually. I can do around 40% of p1 with my AA squad, the members that have better ones wait to take care of p3/p4. I normally use mine for p2, and turn in about 6 mil. And about 3 mil with my Rebels. Wedge g12, Biggs g12, Chiruut g12, Baze g12, zR2 - bringing Leia to g12 and will zeta her next.

I have AA g11, zGAT (ebb and flow) g12, zzCLS (Lead and binds) g12, zHan g12, Bb8 g11

FYI CLS solo in P1 is way better than zKylo or zSavage. You still have to retreat with him for later phases but he gets so many turns you can get 3 chances to retreat with him.
  • VonZant wrote: »

FYI CLS solo in P1 is way better than zKylo or zSavage. You still have to retreat with him for later phases but he gets so many turns you can get 3 chances to retreat with him.

Recent HAAT I opened up p1 to any squad, asking those will AA or JTR squads to hold them back. It went a lot faster..

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ebfhvcgzmqmv.png

29% of Phase 1, into Phase 2. Just got bb8 to g12 now to put in a zeta.
  • And more progress na3yo265hk3b.png

Nice.. but throw asajj in for raid Han and run that team when p2 has 20% or less left and it'll take you through p4.

Nice.. but throw asajj in for raid Han and run that team when p2 has 20% or less left and it'll take you through p4.

Yep, I should explain I run P1 and P2 by choice, clearing the way for my guys to plow the rest of the way. We have HAAT on farm more or less. And one of my Officers put zVentress in and yeah, really awesome results in his JTR led squad.
  • You should be able to solo all of P1 with the AA squad - CLS and Han can usually do it by themselves if you're not worried about escaping them. Hoda works far better than Thrawn in that squad if you have him, but I understand he's not all that common. I sometimes escape AA, since he can take the assist call from BB8 that you'd much rather have for CLS or Han. BB8 needs to be really fast. Mod him as fast as you can get (270+ isn't out of the realm of possibility). Mod Han for offense. His speed isn't important, but +offense and crit damage make the run go a lot faster.

I sometimes try to escape Han as soon as he starts, considering it can take 3 or 4 attempts. Last HAAT, CLS bled into P2 by himself and finally escaped at 4 turns to enrage on the tank (he even got a topple in by himself - amazing raid toon).

Yep, I should explain I run P1 and P2 by choice, clearing the way for my guys to plow the rest of the way. We have HAAT on farm more or less. And one of my Officers put zVentress in and yeah, really awesome results in his JTR led squad.

Ah cool! Gotcha. And really, asajj in a JTR squad?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And more progress na3yo265hk3b.png

Ah cool! Gotcha. And really, asajj in a JTR squad?

I used to use JTR BB8 R2 CLS Asajj to solo P4 without breaking a sweat. Asajj does insane damage after killing turrets over and over

I switched Asajj out for Thrawn once I got him because that team solos P3 without breaking a sweat but can do more in P4 than Asajj can do in P3. R2 is great for smokescreen to prevent P3 boss from getting TM via counters, and under JTR he can alternate it with burn. Between that and Secret Intel you don't worry about the cannon either.