Communications

Replies

• jeiaden wrote: »
    To be fair; devs working so hard from beginning of this year. Think about sith-empire rework, tons of marquee events, ship changes, QoL changes, new raid, TB and TW, bugs. Honestly this game evaluating faster than a zerg. I respect that and i know its hard.
    We want one thing; give a break and say community for example; we know seperatist faction is old but it'll take 3 months or 1 year to handle it etc.

Or an even easier task. Just please don't screw up what's working. Let it alone.
    Focus on bugs and overall community reports.
    No need to improvise or super fancy things.
    Stick to basics.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    "A communications disruption could mean only one thing: invasion."

Separatist rework incoming ;-)

Hahhaha. "The death toll is catastrophic. We must bow to their wishes. You must contact me."
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We'd like to be talked WITH, not talked AT.
    Communication isn't that freaking hard.

While true and I agree. The issue is hostility

No one wants to join a thread that's hostile towards the person joining before they join.

I know I'm new, but if you want more communication, first you must change the environment to promote said interaction.

If you spend all day telling someone how you think they can't deliver what you want and they suck at whatever... then what incentive do they have to sit with you and just plain talk.

You promoted an arguement when all you want is a fireside chat
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No one wants to join a thread that's hostile towards the person joining before they join.

I know I'm new, but if you want more communication, first you must change the environment to promote said interaction.

If you spend all day telling someone how you think they. Ant deliver what you want and they suck at whatever... then what incentive do they have to sit with you and just plain talk.

Sounds like you came into the discussion late. We've been civil for weeks. Hostility tends to arise when you abandon and ignore the very people you asked to discuss things with.

I'm fine with differences of opinion, but we are effectively being told what we're getting with little apparent consideration for the opinions CG actually asked for, with no sound logic to back up why our opinions are being written off. Literally pages of feedback, all ignored with nothing to back up why.

CG made this mess themselves. If they want civility I guess they've got their work cut out for them, or they can just wait for the current players to leave and new more naive ones to take their place. The later will only work for so long though.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member

If you spend all day telling someone how you think they can't deliver what you want and they suck at whatever... then what incentive do they have to sit with you and just plain talk.

Did you even read the well thought out and constructive first 20 pages of the sith raid feedback thread that went unanswered? If not, go do that then come back and edit your post with an apology because its clear you havent been paying attention.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Natos wrote: »

If you spend all day telling someone how you think they. Ant deliver what you want and they suck at whatever... then what incentive do they have to sit with you and just plain talk.

Sounds like you came into the discussion late. We've been civil for weeks. Hostility tends to arise when you abandon and ignore the very people you asked to discuss things with.

I'm fine with differences of opinion, but we are effectively being told what we're getting with little apparent consideration for the opinions CG actually asked for, with no sound logic to back up why our opinions are being written off. Literally pages of feedback, all ignored with nothing to back up why.

CG made this mess themselves. If they want civility I guess they've got their work cut out for them, or they can just wait for the current players to leave and new more naive ones to take their place. The later will only work for so long though.

Well I was responding to a post from yesterday.... I did laugh at a joke from last week.

That said, I get the frustration. But it's important to remember not all ideas are good ones. Not all asks deserve reply and not all complaints are valid.

They have to run a product for a publisher and meet that publishers expectations first. To do that they have to put out a product that achieves a certain profitability.

Which means if they meet that or exceed that, they are servicing a majority of the people the parent company needs them to reach.

We all want more communication, but explanation for why a certain users individual idea is not something they will do is a standard I'm not sure you should hold any company to.

Also as a side note, forums are usually full of the most passionate fans (good and bad), not a wide range of target users.

Just like game changer YouTube videos reach a part of the fan base, each outlet for info reaches a different (sometimes overlapping in some aspects) group. The mistake made is that each group feels they are the only representation of the whole.

I prefer to get my content reveals from the YouTube crew. But that's only because I like to see it more than read it. To each his own
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We all want more communication, but explanation for why a certain users individual idea is not something they will do is a standard I'm not sure you should hold any company to.

This ain't the problem.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member

Well I was responding to a post from yesterday.... I did laugh at a joke from last week.

That said, I get the frustration. But it's important to remember not all ideas are good ones. Not all asks deserve reply and not all complaints are valid.

They have to run a product for a publisher and meet that publishers expectations first. To do that they have to put out a product that achieves a certain profitability.

Which means if they meet that or exceed that, they are servicing a majority of the people the parent company needs them to reach.

Also as a side note, forums are usually full of the most passionate fans (good and bad), not a wide range of target users.

Just like game changer YouTube videos reach a part of the fan base, each outlet for info reaches a different (sometimes overlapping in some aspects) group

There are literal pages of posts going back weeks on multiple subjects that CG has asked for player input on, and acted on NONE of it without explanation as to why. This wasn't discordant, hard to interpret noise either. These were uniform opinions held here on the forums, Reddit, etc. that was pretty much directly opposed to any of their announced changes.

Like I said, you came late to the conversation.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Just like game changer YouTube videos reach a part of the fan base, each outlet for info reaches a different (sometimes overlapping in some aspects) group

There are literal pages of posts going back weeks on multiple subjects that CG has asked for player input on, and acted on NONE of it without explanation as to why. This wasn't discordant, hard to interpret noise either. These were uniform opinions held here on the forums, Reddit, etc. that was pretty much directly opposed to any of their announced changes.

Again forums are not always an accurate representation of your user base. Good place for the passionate fan, but not always for the casual.

I mean look, you've spent 2 post telling me that I'm late to the party. Me, I pretty much whale on the game and don't frequent here much. I enjoyed ships and ships 2.0. I'll enjoy ship pve. But here... here I'm the minority. yet I spend more than I probably should and would clearly be what they are looking for monetarily.

Also corporate goals don't always align with passionate fans.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member

Again forums are not always an accurate representation of your user base. Good place for the passionate fan, but not always for the casual.

I mean look, you've spent 2 post telling me that I'm late to the party. Me, I pretty much whale on the game and don't frequent here much. I enjoyed ships and ships 2.0. I'll enjoy ship pve. But here... here I'm the minority. yet I spend more than I probably should and would clearly be what they are looking for monetarily.

Again, this is across pretty much every channel of communication CG uses with player, not just here on the forums. If corporate goals don't line up with the feedback they were getting from players, maybe TELL US THAT. I personally have no problem with them meeting money making goals, just don't let us spend a month giving feedback when it has already been determined that isn't the direction they're going.

Happy whaleing
  • I'm not removing my tin foil hat for anything. They'll make me think 9.99 is a fantastic deal for half a character.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Raj
    22 posts Member
    Trying to contact Leviathan or LucifersDaddy. Can someone help please.
  • Raj wrote: »
    Trying to contact Leviathan or LucifersDaddy. Can someone help please.

@CG_LucifersDaddy @CG_Leviathan

• Jed_Eye
    175 posts Member
    You know communications seem to be getting worse and worse lately.... One could say they are very crumby
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Jed_Eye wrote: »
    You know communications seem to be getting worse and worse lately.... One could say they are very crumby

Oh my, LOL
  • Crumbling communications? Could be cause the player base is frustrated. Or that their frustrations are being deleted instead of addressed. Or the perception of being completely ignored.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Crumbling communications? Could be cause the player base is frustrated. Or that their frustrations are being deleted instead of addressed. Or the perception of being completely ignored.

Or all of these. To be fair we got two communications today. Both from Crumb, and honestly none his fault. He could do better, he needs to be more present in the forum period. Right now he's just the dev/producers megaphone. The issue in communication is that the dev team and producers are so disconnected from the player base it's mind boggling. The most recent communications are a perfect example. They had to announce a new temporary fix to GMY Mythical because they don't view mods as significant rewards and they planned to just get rid of them until they can up with a permanent fix. Then they issue a "significant make good" (words originally used by Carrie if I'm not mistaken) for the whole TB fiasco and the make good doesn't even cover what probably half of guilds lost out on do to the issues.
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »

Changed my mind, I want @CG_RyDiggs back. I've decided I'd prefer being mocked and insulted to nothing. Can be fun sometimes. Keeps you on your toes and all that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

It may only be a sample but they created a thread officially asking for feedback and then did the exact opposite of what that feedback amounted to. It'd basically be like if they asked you and a sampling of other whales if you'd be happy with a 2000% increase in prices, got near 100% feedback that you wouldn't be happy, increased prices by 2500% while decreasing what that money gets you and pretended like you'd never told them you'd be unhappy if they did that. By your logic you're just a sample and whether or not there is near 100% consensus your feedback shouldn't be used to assess whether the idea is good.

It wasn't a wildly diverse range of feedback but near 100% agreement on a few concrete things with the sith raid. the devs literally went and did the one thing, of all the things they could do, that is exactly the opposite to solving the problems they got feedback on and the one thing that makes the problems near 100% of people agreed were a problem even worse with the sith raid
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Let's be completely honest (in the interest of "communication") - communication, at least in terms of what is said, is completely irrelevant. CG/EA communicates loudly through their actions. Some recent examples:

"We care about F2P players" - T1-6 Sith rewards rework....when?

"We care about all of our paying players" - yet HSith rewards were reworked to only award the top 10 finishers with g12+ gear.

"We care about player feedback" - please see the STR Raid Feedback thread - and how it still sits virtually ignored despite several thousand posts. Or look at the Ships 2.0 polls which show the majority of players expressing legitimate concerns/frustrations.

"We will 'make good' for the many mistakes the past few weeks" - yet the awards are less than some guilds would have rightfully earned. I believe the word "significant" was "communicated" in there somewhere as well.

So, as you can see "communication" if it is simply misinformation, spin and not based in reality is pointless. And since, in two and half+ years CG/EA has proven either unwilling or unable to communicate honestly, there really is no point in requesting "more" of something that is unhelpful, untrue and in no way reflects their actions or intentions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Can we please get some communication?

We get 1/2 a paragraph in regards to the “make good”, zero responses to our issues or feedback... devs recently asked for thoughts on a weekly road ahead type post... and we get zero back.... all ever see is a hot fix to known issues comin and no clue when can be expected... but basically would love actual responses with reasoning for some of the things they are doin or not doin.. anyone @Cg responding would be great! Even a bi weekly 2 paragraphs of what’s goin on over there
  • I just saw in another post kyno
    Mentioned they were all out of office yesterday... that would be greT to know as a heads up so the community doesn’t go crazy that we get no responses
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    Communication is job last.
  • Jed_Eye
    175 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Let's be completely honest (in the interest of "communication") - communication, at least in terms of what is said, is completely irrelevant. CG/EA communicates loudly through their actions. Some recent examples:

"We care about F2P players" - T1-6 Sith rewards rework....when?

"We care about all of our paying players" - yet HSith rewards were reworked to only award the top 10 finishers with g12+ gear.

"We care about player feedback" - please see the STR Raid Feedback thread - and how it still sits virtually ignored despite several thousand posts. Or look at the Ships 2.0 polls which show the majority of players expressing legitimate concerns/frustrations.

"We will 'make good' for the many mistakes the past few weeks" - yet the awards are less than some guilds would have rightfully earned. I believe the word "significant" was "communicated" in there somewhere as well.

So, as you can see "communication" if it is simply misinformation, spin and not based in reality is pointless. And since, in two and half+ years CG/EA has proven either unwilling or unable to communicate honestly, there really is no point in requesting "more" of something that is unhelpful, untrue and in no way reflects their actions or intentions.

Bingo. Clearly they have now broken all trust with the player base
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I try to respond to as many threads as I can a day but please ping me if you see any burning questions and I'll pop over when I can. Unfortunately I'm only one man and as mentioned previously, communication improvements would be a process and not a instant fix. Today I'm over in this thread trying to find answers from the team on raid limits.

Also I'm brainstorming some ideas for a regular weekly update. Not the State of the Game posts (those are still on track and coming like usual) but something that covers weekly discussions, updates on top issues, and maybe some fun facts. Something that lets everyone know what we know and are working on.

What would you like to see in a weekly Friday post?

Also our replies to discussions aren't showing up in searches some times, not the whole issue but contributing

Tomorrow will be the 2nd Friday since he made this false promise, can’t wait for him to say nothing again tomorrow
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why doing this non sense ? As the IA always have the advantage it will go before you everytime even when you are cleary faster.

It would make much more sense to make the character that reach the 100% first going first and if two makes it at the same time the fastest go first. Easy and fair.

Stop the random stuff it is tiring, thanks
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • ???? So quiet I hear pun drop, at same time so many of my posts get deleted
  • The problem is they communicate in vague sentences that don't mean much.

They're a bit like another Axis of Evil enterprise, Bioware Z division that does SWTOR. Mind you Bioware's days may be numbered if Anthem doesn't pan out.......which is very likely.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Moved to "Communications".

Cheers.

(Great av by the way @BuckeyeATW ;))
  • Lachm91
    13 posts Member
    Communications must be down in the office. They will reward themselves with a significant makegood of 25 crystals and some chewie shards once they can be bothered