Cant beat Luke Event Tier VI

ebivan
2 posts Member
edited June 2018
Hey guys,
I just spent 90min trying to get Luke. But I can't seen to beat Tier VI. I got:

ST-Han (7*, 85, Leader, all abilities lvl 7, gear VIII, health mods lvl 12 with focus on health an defense) PWR 12481

Leia (7*, 85, abilities 6 and 7 exept leader ability, gear VIII, health mods lvl 12 focus on offence and crit chance) PWR 12277

R2D2 (7*, 85, abilities 7, basic 8, gear IX, health mods 12, potency, speed, offence) PWR 13992

Farmboy (7*, 85, abilities 8 exept leader, and unique 7, gear VIII health mods 12 offence, potency) PWR 12424

I already spend about 3M (all I had) on leveling up mods and abilities... When I get to the third stage, Han is barely alive.. What am I doing wrong? I tried not taunitng until stage 3, but no luck. Always using smoke screen before Leias special, cant think of anything more...

Replies

• I got through using the same strategy that you've described. However, I had Leia and STHan both at G10 and it took me a couple of attempts to clear it.

Maybe you just need to keep trying for good RNG, or perhaps stick your arena mods on them for that tier?
  • Here is mine:

http://swgoh.gg/u/ebivan/squads/96277/

Well, I wont get them to Gear IX in time. So, what would you suggest?
  • My rebels where g8, lvl 70 with mods. Finished it first try , was so easy. Just use the stuns at right time
  • Well, I think that was just a whole lot of luck.

This is just stupid, pumping milions of credits into toons that just suck (farmboy, st-han) and that I wont ever use anymore.

My best strategy so far:
    Stage 1: Use Specials, try to beat them with full force as soon as possible
    Stage 2: Only use specials in first round, have them all cooled down before the end
    Stage 3: Use Lukes special on the two Stormtroopers on the far left and far right (the ones that have crit immunity) in order to remove that. Use smokescreen on R2 first, then Leias Special, then Leias Basic to defeat the outer two Troopers. Then when R" is almost gone, use Hans Taunt

My best try so far was Leia against two of the (inner) Stormtroopers.
    Well, there are 6 days left, mybe get some mods to 15 during that time...
  • Do you have any other mods you could swap in? Some speed arrows would probably help a lot if you have some
  • You can do it but you need to put better mods on and tbh have a bit of luck. Surely you have better mods that you can borrow from other toons? You'd also benefit from levelling up their abilities as much as you can, particularly leia as she's the damage dealer.

Your strategy seems sound.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TheExiled86
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Just keep at it. You'll get there eventually. My guys were approx same gear level as what you have. I slapped on all the best mods i had at my disposal, and used Leia as lead to clear it. Not sure if she is better than Han or not, but that extra crit rate seems to help dmg wise...

I just left it on auto and the one where i did finally clear it, it was on auto as well and i checked in on last stage i still had all my guys, and as such was able to kill them off.
    Took a ton of attempts.

you have nearly a week to do it, just leave it on auto if u haven't the time, keep checking in and be persistent
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    How speedy are your toons?

You always need more speed .... get 5 dot speed arrows on all of them, and good speed secondaries on the rest of the slots.

Prioritize protection over health from primary mod stat for circle and cross (except perhaps a potency primary on R2 to get the stuns off more often). Have CC or CD on primary for triangle on your damage dealers, protection for STHAN and R2.

And remember: More speed, more git gud.
  • On tier 3 try using r2s burn first alongside st hans taunt. Once st han is done taunting or gone use smoke screen on r2 as a second taunt to keep leia and luke alive. That is how I beat it but mine were all gear 9 with r2 at gear 10 and I failed the first attempt and then threw arena mods on leia and st han.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Stole this from @admiral_akbar

85 R2 g8 omega on improvise,
    85 Han g8, Health and Protection Mods
    82 Luke g8 omega on basic, Mods for Speed and Crit Chance (I had about 45% crit chance)
    80 Leia g8 both omegas, Mods for Speed or whatever you have remaining, I had Offense.

Always use Leia's stealth ability whenever possible and under R2's stealth

First Encounter:
    * Use R2 stealth - target itself

Second Encounter:
    * Use this encounter to reset your cooldowns. Stun the troopers from the sides first with R2's basic and Luke's special.

Third Encounter:
    * Taunt with Han
    * R2's stealth - target Han

Worked well! I had to wait for good RNG cause my Leia wouldn't hit a critical hit in tier 6 to save my life!! And when i won the last one standing was Leia. She's always an MVP!

Also my R2 had to have over 200 speed
  • ebivan wrote: »
    Hey guys,

ST-Han (7*, 85, Leader, all abilities lvl 7, gear VIII, health mods lvl 12 with focus on health an defense) PWR 12481

Leia (7*, 85, abilities 6 and 7 exept leader ability, gear VIII, health mods lvl 12 focus on offence and crit chance) PWR 12277

R2D2 (7*, 85, abilities 7, basic 8, gear IX, health mods 12, potency, speed, offence) PWR 13992

Farmboy (7*, 85, abilities 8 exept leader, and unique 7, gear VIII health mods 12 offence, potency) PWR 12424

I already spend about 3M (all I had) on leveling up mods and abilities... When I get to the third stage, Han is barely alive.. What am I doing wrong? I tried not taunitng until stage 3, but no luck. Always using smoke screen before Leias special, cant think of anything more...

I could not make it with Han's lead, but I was able to win with Leia's lead.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    ebivan wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I could not make it with Han's lead, but I was able to win with Leia's lead.

Same here actually. I needed the extra boost to critical chance
  • I did it 3rd try. With

All level 80-82 only omega on hans basic. Most abilities only 5 or 6.

STH- g9 mostly protection boosted mods
    Leia - g9 speed mods only about (+70-80)
    R2D2 - g9 protection and potency mods
    FBL - g9 offense/speed and crit based mods

I found one taunt under STH in 3/3 first. Then use stealth cover on R2D2 as he's got great durability.

Good luck
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Have you moved good mods from other characters because your team looks to be as slow as a brick in swgoh.gg
  • Why are your mods not L15? You need arrows with speed primaries; you are going to have a hard time without them. Try Leia at lead.
  • Leia Basic Omega is really a nice boost in Damage and can get you through last phase.
    Did it with everyone lvl 80, G8+easy pieces except St Han, he was G9. Abilities mostly 6, only Leia Basic Omega. Speed 65-80 on them.
  • BrekRegis
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    G9 on STHan as lead minimum would help. Need good mods, health and protection up. Try to max all abilities except the leader and uniques (max Han lead obviously). I didn't prioritise speed and finished it easily. You need to prioritise survivability above all else and you'll be fine.

The only tactically advice I'd recommend is alternating R2's smoke screen and Hans taunt. That way you're always covered.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    How speedy are your toons?

You always need more speed .... get 5 dot speed arrows on all of them, and good speed secondaries on the rest of the slots.

Prioritize protection over health from primary mod stat for circle and cross (except perhaps a potency primary on R2 to get the stuns off more often). Have CC or CD on primary for triangle on your damage dealers, protection for STHAN and R2.

And remember: More speed, more git gud.

No offense, but i see a number of posts in various threads (not just in regards to CLS) saying 'get 5 dot speed arrows' (and usually they say with 30), like it's a piece of cake. It's not. far from it. My mod table is full. The number of arrows i have to begin with is the smallest of all by far, and i think 1-2 have speed as a primary. One 3, one 4 (un-leveled obviously). Never seen on in the mod store either and I look.

I get that it's all about speed, but it seems either my RNG sucks royally, or arrow mods with speed are about the rarest thing around.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Have you tried buying mods with credits or fleet coins? Do you have the mod challenges open?
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    I did reference the mod store. I have 5*'d offense, health, and potency.

Don't think i've seen a mod for sale outside the mod store.
  • Are the mod challenges open to you?
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    That's what i'm referring to. Those are the mod challenges i got three starred at the 5 dot level.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    That's what i'm referring to. Those are the mod challenges i got three starred at the 5 dot level.

Sorry, I've been reading so many of these I think I got the facts confused.

• cboath7
    455 posts Member
    You and me both. I think i FINALLY got some good RNG on mods. Had apparently one of each mod (sans arrow) with speed secondaries and a green arrow with +4 speed primary hit the shop. All combined lvl'd to 15 got leia up to 242 speed. I was stunned.

At that with: G10 SThan, (160) all 7 abilities, G9 luke (170)(all 7's), G9 Leia (242) (all 7's, omega main) and G8 R2 (201) (all 7s, omega main) i went 0-15 or so. Went back upped luke two attacks to omega and finally got it.

There must be some WILDLY different RNG's out there for people to get it with what they claim.

As a tip, use R2 to stun the trooper with the crit buff until luke can remove it. That's what got me through in the end.

Now...here's hoping i have everything on hand to 7 thrawn in 3 week. 70K PS mostly omega'd...Fingers crossed :)