Help with R2 tier 7 please

Darth_t0KeR
13 posts Member
edited June 2018
I need help with tier 7 to get R2D2. Here is my squad im using:

https://swgoh.gg/u/dartht0ker/squads/96269/

any help or advice/strategy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is this doable or do I have to wait for 7* Palp? What kill order should I use? I can get it down to R2, Ben & Chewie.

Replies

• rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I did it now with a similar team (Stormtrooper instead of Magma) and almost same gear, but i needed more than 20 tries to get a good rng

https://swgoh.gg/u/taroko/squads/96409/

i took out Han first, then Leia and R2, but getting R2 out of the way seems a key to success because his AoE most time killed my squad except Vader.
    You'll need Tarkin to debuff aoap, and do most damage with TFP basic. If you loose both to soon, you will not finish it i guess.

btw, your GMT may need higher Potency? He uses it for defense and attack so i guess you should increase it instead of health maybe?
    Post edited by rokota on
  • Ok I am boosting my mods for potency on Tarkin and more speed for TFP and Vader. So the kill order should be Han, Leia, then R2? R2 is an annoying little **** in this challenge lol.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    I don't know if my kill order was perfect but everyone except R2 and Chewie are easy kills so i took out what I could before I switched for R2 ;-)

If you don't have EP lead a high potency AND speed for Tarkin is very important! If you can get Tarkin, Vader and TFP survive 'til you face R2, you will have a good chance.

It's doable without EP but very rng depending
  • I don't know if you've moved mods around since you created this squad, but you're not getting health bonuses for RG, and he's going to need to soak up a bit of the damage. More protection is good as well. Would also try to bring RG and Magma up to level 80.

I did it with a similar squad, and my TFP was fast. Like, 240 kind of fast. He needs to AOE (strategically timed) and land buff immunity to keep R2 from being able to stealth himself, and then you need to kill R2. Hit R2 at every opportunity. Once he's down, the rest don't hit that hard and are pretty easy to take out. If you're not landing buff immunity consistently, increase TFP's potency.
  • Darth_t0KeR
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Finally got him!!! Thank the RNG gods lol!! Thanks to everyone for their help! Took out Han first then R2 after that is was easy. I only had Vader and TFP left at half health after taking out R2, but it was all downhill after that.
  • I can't beat Tier 6. Not fast enough given they have full TM off the bat. Ability block is restart time basically plus Chewie tanks almost immediately.

Tarkin and TFP can't take a hit, especially with Leia and Han spamming away. They love murdering Tarkin.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • I can't beat Tier 6. Not fast enough given they have full TM off the bat. Ability block is restart time basically plus Chewie tanks almost immediately.

Tarkin and TFP can't take a hit, especially with Leia and Han spamming away. They love murdering Tarkin.

I've just beat Tier VI after trying 30x a day since Thursday. I moved all my speed mods off my arena team and also got them geared up to 8 or 9 and all level 75-76 with the exception of Vader who is 82 and gear 10.

I also don't have Palp 6* so that made it hard.

Just keep trying and trying..... keep adding gear and leveling up as you can.All about that RNG and waiting for the right time and them stunning you at the right time.

Tier VII on the other hand....yeah im going to need to level these guys up to 80+ for that which will take me a few more days.

All this just for CLS tier VII lol
  • My Palp is also languishing at 5*......

I hate doing anything mod related in this game, especially juggling. Takes too long figuring out who had what.

I don't need R2 right now anyway so it's all good. I'm more interested in benching Phoenix once I get Thrawn and Palp maxed for my Empire team.

I'll get it next time once my level is higher and I've finished with Phoenix. I'll have Thrawn by then too of course, he and Palp should cake walk it.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Darth_t0KeR
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep without EP it was definitely all RNG. I went from auto to manual to auto til I saw the right circumstances. My TFP's buff immunity was landing(especially on R2, he was never able to stealth once), my RG's stuns were landing, etc.

During the initial onslaught, they targeted RG and Magma(who really didn't do anything and were just my 7* placeholders anyways), their Old Ben's ability block only hit my Magma, and Chewie didn't taunt(which was huge so I could just target R2 from the get go.) Those were the main things I was looking for at the start. Anything less happened and I just retreated and tried again. Look for those 3 things right off the bat and target R2 only(DO NOT let him stealth and pray your TFP's buff immunity lands on him every time) and once he's down the fight is a cakewalk.