Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• “They are doing the best they can”

Really? You actually believe that?

I mean if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is a little slow and all over the place and you can tell she’s new, that’s one thing. It can be forgiven and over looked. But if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is only working one or two tables and still hasn’t taken our order because she’s over there playing SWGOH on her phone, then I’m going to get upset. And you, as the customer sitting next me and getting the same bad service, should not be defended those actions when you can clearly see all the same evidence that I do.

If CG is so busy working on a big project that’s keeping them highly occupied, that’s one thing, something we can understand and sympathize with. But there’s no communication on what they are doing, apparently it’s a big secret. All we know is that @CG_RyDiggs said on reddit that no Jedi rework is in the works, but they are working on something. “Something”. No hints. No timelines. Nothing. And here we are expecting the content we already have to work, and we can’t even get that reliably. These TB issue have been going on for several iterations, and yet some here are content with a makegood that doesn’t even add up to the rewards many people missed out on from JUST the last iteration of TB alone.

They are a company that brought in an estimated $152 million dollars from this game in 2017. That’s your money, and my money, and all of the players’ money. They don’t need you defending their actions, what they need is to be held accountable by the players and held to higher standards than what they have been giving us these past few weeks. Or at the very least, to respond back to their customers and conduct some damage control. We shouldn’t have to pry information out of cold, dead hands every time we want to know what’s going on.

All I know is that as an EA shareholder, I’m getting really frustrated with the high price, mediocre to poor growth, and total disregard for the fan base that has been evident in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and now in SWGOH. On top of that, this new Star Wars game that keeps getting delayed. I was so excited when EA got the license to produce Star Wars games, but so far it’s been highly disappointing. You’re not listening, you don’t care, and you aren’t learning from your mistakes.

Unfortunately there is a history of it. You said you were excited they were doing this game... I was the opposite. I almost didn't play this game because their name was attached. But I had a friend play first and he convinced me to try it. I saw this trend start with Dark Age of Camelot (after EA purchased Mythic Entertainment) and continued with Warhammer Age of Reckoning and Star Wars the Old Republic... All EA games. I had hopes for CG to overcome... To be better.

Remember when EA only made sports games? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Yeah well the EA annual shareholders’ meeting is coming up in August, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been taking notes.

I mean if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is a little slow and all over the place and you can tell she’s new, that’s one thing. It can be forgiven and over looked. But if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is only working one or two tables and still hasn’t taken our order because she’s over there playing SWGOH on her phone, then I’m going to get upset. And you, as the customer sitting next me and getting the same bad service, should not be defended those actions when you can clearly see all the same evidence that I do.

If CG is so busy working on a big project that’s keeping them highly occupied, that’s one thing, something we can understand and sympathize with. But there’s no communication on what they are doing, apparently it’s a big secret. All we know is that @CG_RyDiggs said on reddit that no Jedi rework is in the works, but they are working on something. “Something”. No hints. No timelines. Nothing. And here we are expecting the content we already have to work, and we can’t even get that reliably. These TB issue have been going on for several iterations, and yet some here are content with a makegood that doesn’t even add up to the rewards many people missed out on from JUST the last iteration of TB alone.

They are a company that brought in an estimated $152 million dollars from this game in 2017. That’s your money, and my money, and all of the players’ money. They don’t need you defending their actions, what they need is to be held accountable by the players and held to higher standards than what they have been giving us these past few weeks. Or at the very least, to respond back to their customers and conduct some damage control. We shouldn’t have to pry information out of cold, dead hands every time we want to know what’s going on.

All I know is that as an EA shareholder, I’m getting really frustrated with the high price, mediocre to poor growth, and total disregard for the fan base that has been evident in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and now in SWGOH. On top of that, this new Star Wars game that keeps getting delayed. I was so excited when EA got the license to produce Star Wars games, but so far it’s been highly disappointing. You’re not listening, you don’t care, and you aren’t learning from your mistakes.

Unfortunately there is a history of it. You said you were excited they were doing this game... I was the opposite. I almost didn't play this game because their name was attached. But I had a friend play first and he convinced me to try it. I saw this trend start with Dark Age of Camelot (after EA purchased Mythic Entertainment) and continued with Warhammer Age of Reckoning and Star Wars the Old Republic... All EA games. I had hopes for CG to overcome... To be better.

Yeah well the EA annual shareholders’ meeting is coming up in August, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been taking notes.

Where's the thumbs up emote... I love the idea of there being a real voice in the crowd.

EA has been making non-sports games since the company's inception.
  • True but they were best known for their sports game which were awesome. Well except for the athletes on the cover of the Madden games... Then they really began to expand and buy out other companies and their good games... Which often had an adverse affect...
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Notworking wrote: »
    Communication and reality differing again. 5 days to claim is now 2 days. Way to go. Not.
    Sorry for the confusion, I will update the OP with a bit more info.
    You have up until July 4th (5 days from now) to log in and get the compensation. After logging in, the message stays in your inbox for 2 days.

If you login at 11:59 PM PDT on July 3rd you will trigger it and it will be in the inbox for 2 days
    If you wait until past midnight and login at 12:01AM PDT on the 4th, it won't be available
    Do it before end of day of July 3rd.

Tldr; You have 5 days to login and get your rewards but only 2 days to claim them AFTER logging in.
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Communication and reality differing again. 5 days to claim is now 2 days. Way to go. Not.
    You have up until July 4th (5 days from now) to log in and get the compensation. After logging in, the message stays in your inbox for 2 days.
    If you login at 11:59 PM PDT on July 3rd you will trigger it and it will be in the inbox for 2 days
    If you wait until past midnight and login at 12:01AM PDT on the 4th, it won't be available

Tldr; You have 5 days to login and get your rewards but only 2 days to claim them AFTER logging in.

Glad to see you've not been reassigned @CG_SGCrumb.

Care to drop by some other threads?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Nice to see that you had time to respond to 1 message.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    And what do you even want him to say that hasn't already been said?
    Still not a he.
  • I can see why no developer has posted here, apart from that one comment, atmosphere is too toxic and it's an argument waiting to boil over. At least we can see they are actually reading them.
    Still think the compo was meager considering the wording, but that's an argument I'm never going to win.

• I can see why no developer has posted here, apart from that one comment, atmosphere is too toxic and it's an argument waiting to boil over. At least we can see they are actually reading them.
    Still think the compo was meager considering the wording, but that's an argument I'm never going to win.

They brought this on themselves...significantly so
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    I can see why no developer has posted here, apart from that one comment, atmosphere is too toxic and it's an argument waiting to boil over. At least we can see they are actually reading them.

Doubtful they are reading anything.
  • Usually its the soil (the game) or the fertilizer (HSTR) that are what is creates the toxicity, its rarely the plant (the players)
  • Usually its the soil (the game) or the fertilizer (HSTR) that are what is creates the toxicity, its rarely the plant (the players)

Well said
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I can see why no developer has posted here, apart from that one comment, atmosphere is too toxic and it's an argument waiting to boil over. At least we can see they are actually reading them.

When you wait in silence for days while the forums are on fire then when you go into them you’re going to have your work cut out for you. Rather than put on any Wildfire before it started they let things get out of control.
    Instead of taking days or weeks to respond, the devs should be prompt in their responses and make community interaction priority one with all these hiccups lately.
    Remember when they went communication crazy in April? Things were squashed immediately and no hard feelings for threads with thousands of posts going ignored.
    Even recently when @CG_CapGaSP put the rumors of the Jedi rework to bed quickly. It’s disappointing that they aren’t giving some other Jedi much needed reworks, but he did the right thing and communicated with us about it. Disappointment aside the issue was handled and controlled.

See the difference?
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member

Often the reason for the toxicity is the lack of communication... so your solution, not saying anything, only produces more toxic situations...

If they even responded and said something like "we know these aren't exactly what you expected, sorry if we mislead you on that. Unfortunately, previous make good reward levels aren't sustainable for the number of players in the game today and we had to adjust." Boom, not everyone is excited, but most of us are at least placated and grateful for something.

Instead they give us nothing or "we heard you and will take it into consideration" when it's clear they don't take anything the players say into consideration.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • Exactly Ravens! A salesguy on my team always says he’d rather give a customer a quick “No” than drag something out and let the unknown linger. It stings sometimes, but if you let things linger and linger with zero feedback, the customer suffers
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

He really has a significant presence on the forums right
  • Most likely Crumb et al, are trying to reign in their negative feedback on Reddit since they have moderators here to monitor. Reddit is a bit of a problem as I am sure their Facebook profile is as well.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Most likely Crumb et al, are trying to reign in their negative feedback on Reddit since they have moderators here to monitor. Reddit is a bit of a problem as I am sure their Facebook profile is as well.

Simply way to fix that.... deliver on what was promised
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They aren't liars or failing to deliver because you overinflated a petty point of word choice. They promised a makegood. They delivered a makegood. They ain't liars because the word "significant" is in there.
    Still not a he.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They aren't liars or failing to deliver because you overinflated a petty point of word choice. They promised a makegood. They delivered a makegood. They ain't liars because the word "significant" is in there.

You don’t promise something “significant” and then fail to deliver something “significant”. Just saying
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

No they are just really bad at understand vocabulary and/or under the impression that an exceptable make good for 4 concurent TB with game breaking issues would be rewards that don't even make up for what alot of guilds missed out on on the most recent TB.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    "Significant" has two meanings (that I know of):

- sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
    - having a particular meaning; indicative of something.

Maybe it's meant to be the second one, an indication of...?
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    The “makegood” was quite clearly insuffficient and fell way short of significant. I have posted criticism in this thread myself.

However, as someone who has worked in PR, I believe I can explain why they aren’t responding to many of the legitimate complaints being made in this and other threads.

The reality is there is nothing they can say right now beyond “we’re listening,” which itself becomes maddening when it takes them so long to roll out updates or address complaints. They aren’t going to announce changes to anything until those changes are ready to roll out because they don’t want to get dinged again if they fail to deliver on what was promised.

I am as frustrated as anyone with some of the recent issues in the game. Sith Raid rewards stink. Ships are an RNG nightmare. TB is bugged every time, and they can’t even give us back what the bugs cost us when they try to “makegood.” But I do not expect a response on these things, at least not for a while. The best we can hope is that we are getting the message across to them that they have to do better.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Most likely Crumb et al, are trying to reign in their negative feedback on Reddit since they have moderators here to monitor. Reddit is a bit of a problem as I am sure their Facebook profile is as well.

Simply way to fix that.... deliver on what was promised

But there always is that group of people that just wont be satisfied if they did.
  • Well you can't please everyone. Be satisfied you got anything free in your box, earned or not. They could have just soup ****'d you.
  • Well you can't please everyone. Be satisfied you got anything free in your box, earned or not. They could have just soup ****'d you.

Lol should have known they would edit out that word.
    giphy.gif
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You don’t promise something “significant” and then fail to deliver something “significant”. Just saying
    "Significant" is very much a matter of opinion.

I'm not a liar if I say I'll make you a yummy pie, then you don't like the pie.
    Still not a he.