Ability Challenge Zeta Drop Rates

Had been taking note of something since the new ship ability challenge tier went live. To me, it seems like the zeta material drop rate has lowered, presumably to account for the new ship omega ability materials.

I seem to be averaging under 1 material per week, when previously I was averaging maybe 2 per week. Has anyone else noticed a drop?

~Morningfrost

Replies

• Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We've had guildies go several months without a single drop from the challenges. I think it's all RNG, and the rate for them is bad to start with.
  • You are just in a bad streak.
  • Perhaps it's anecdotal, but the couple of times I've gone back to the previous tier I seemed to be back at my old rate of zeta materials.

~Morningfrost
  • I haven't noticed anything different, the sample size is also incredibly small for any real analysis.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    You're just imagining it
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So we agree the drop rate lousy. But then again there are others sources and I am happy to get 2-3 full zetas per month.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    100% drop rate. I got two today.
  • I think it has increased. Havent gone a single challenge without a zeta
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    When they were first introduced I tracked my drop rates for 4 months worth of challenges, and came up with approx 45% zero, 50% one, 5% two. I've gone over a month without a single drop, and had excellent streaks as well. I haven't tracked it lately though (got tired of doing it).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I’ve gotten a total of 3 zetas from all of the challenges in the month of June so far. One double drop and one single.

It probably hasn’t changed but it’s still awful, whatever it is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We look forward to seeing your data, that is always helpful to show what "seems" to be happening.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We look forward to seeing your data, that is always helpful to show what "seems" to be happening.

No data as of yet. Thought I'd see if anyone else had a similar experience before I put in that kind of work lol.

Also don't have data from before the update since I didnt bother to track over time, but of the 6 challenge attempts per week, I could be reasonably certain that I'd get at least 2 materials.

~Morningfrost
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    100% drop rate. I got two today.

Same! 100% drop rate confirmed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Perhaps it's anecdotal, but the couple of times I've gone back to the previous tier I seemed to be back at my old rate of zeta materials.

~Morningfrost

Come on now.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Perhaps it's anecdotal, but the couple of times I've gone back to the previous tier I seemed to be back at my old rate of zeta materials.

~Morningfrost

Come on now.

Lol, like I said, that is clearly anecdotal and not based on tested scientific evidence. Since the update I've done the previous tier 3 times, with two empties and a double. Obviously not conclusive, but it's what made me think to ask other people.

~Morningfrost
  • Does seem stupidly unfair some people get 8/8 zetas in a week when theres clearly people like us getting 0/8 (2 sims per 2 challenge days times by upto 2 mats per sim). Recorded my data over the past 2 weeks and last week i was 0/8, now this week i have 1/8. How are you meant to progress with the most powerful abilities in the game if you cant even farm the materials via the easiest challenge in the game, seems that when you come around to that day they should be guaranteed as some people dont have a 7 star wicket or talzin. CG really needs to address this because the gap between people getting them and not getting should surely be visible to them now. Reward everyone for playing not just a RNG wheel of crap for some and gold for others.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I seem to be averaging under 1 material per week, when previously I was averaging maybe 2 per week. Has anyone else noticed a drop?

~Morningfrost

Averaging 2 zeta mats per week earlier? A previous post with quite extensive data showed that the drop rate is 2/3 (or 4 per week) on average while drop rate of character omegas is 1/4 (or 3 every 2 weeks). I find your findings interesting since the appear to show a different drop rate. Could you please provide your data?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

No data as of yet. Thought I'd see if anyone else had a similar experience before I put in that kind of work lol.

Also don't have data from before the update since I didnt bother to track over time, but of the 6 challenge attempts per week, I could be reasonably certain that I'd get at least 2 materials.

~Morningfrost

Hrmmmm. No surprise, I'm afraid.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    zZHutchZz wrote: »
    Does seem **** unfair some people get 8/8 zetas in a week when theres clearly people like us getting 0/8 (2 sims per 2 challenge days times by upto 2 mats per sim). Recorded my data over the past 2 weeks and last week i was 0/8, now this week i have 1/8. How are you meant to progress with the most powerful abilities in the game if you cant even farm the materials via the easiest challenge in the game, seems that when you come around to that day they should be guaranteed as some people dont have a 7 star wicket or talzin. CG really needs to address this because the gap between people getting them and not getting should surely be visible to them now. Reward everyone for playing not just a RNG wheel of **** for some and gold for others.

Fleet store should be your main source of zetas. That's how you progress without a 7 star Wicket or Talzin.

And all drops are RNG. Name of the game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Does seem **** unfair some people get 8/8 zetas in a week when theres clearly people like us getting 0/8 (2 sims per 2 challenge days times by upto 2 mats per sim). Recorded my data over the past 2 weeks and last week i was 0/8, now this week i have 1/8.

Why did you only record data for 2 of the 3 weekly challenge days? What were your results the 3rd day? Your data records are incomplete. If you keep recording your data for ALL zeta challenges you do and keep doing that for a large number of challenges, I'm sure you will see a different results.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Does seem **** unfair some people get 8/8 zetas in a week when theres clearly people like us getting 0/8 (2 sims per 2 challenge days times by upto 2 mats per sim). Recorded my data over the past 2 weeks and last week i was 0/8, now this week i have 1/8.

Why did you only record data for 2 of the 3 weekly challenge days? What were your results the 3rd day? Your data records are incomplete. If you keep recording your data for ALL zeta challenges you do and keep doing that for a large number of challenges, I'm sure you will see a different results.
    Thanks for the feedback I will record this weeks data over 3 days.
  • the drop rate has definitely shifted following 2.0, prior to now I could respectfully accept a single award per week. I have gotten 4-6 in total since the 2.0 shift
  • I still get 2-4 per cycle. Occasionally in one room I may not get one. It's been more rare to get zero. Guess I'm lucky in that. Been able to zeta 4 toons since 2.0
  • Maybe if they increased the number of challenges to 3 from 2 it would work better for everyone