About this road ahead/state of the galaxy post (whenever it comes)

Prev13
Anyone else besides me excited? I just hope it doesn't turn out like BF2. As much flak as the folks at CG take, I love this game and can't wait to see what we have in store next.

With HK login as well, speculations are flying in my guild and the forums and if it hits on some of it it'll be a win in my book!

Replies

• Purpose of this post? Are we supposed to say "yeah I'm so excited too".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Leafty91 wrote: »
    "yeah I'm so excited too".

• Bloodynubberz
    68 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    not going to get excited about a post that has not been written yet, when they cannot be bothered to update the posts that they have started, so no not excited to see what they plan to break next.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Before worrying about the future they should address what's wrong in the present.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Hard to be excited when every new item is trash or filled with bugs.
  • Does it even matter anymore? Will a "What's to come" post make us forget the "What's been done"?

I love this game, my guild and the IP. But they're making so many choices that are oh so horrible. How long can they stick their heads in the sand?
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Does it even matter anymore? Will a "What's to come" post make us forget the "What's been done"?

I love this game, my guild and the IP. But they're making so many choices that are oh so horrible. How long can they stick their heads in the sand?

Yarp
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Before worrying about the future they should address what's wrong in the present.

Part of their future plans are always how to fix present problems over time. Additionally there is no such thing as perfection. We would never get any new content of any kind ever if we had to wait for there to be zero problems. Then the game would die.

So I'll settle for hearing what the present biggest problems are that they plan to fix mixed with what new features are coming in the near future that will need to be fixed in the distant future.
  • More of a tag along to the speculations in the HK login in thread. Personally I'm hoping for some separatist/clone war love(mirroring BF2) or some more old republic content.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Leafty91 wrote: »
    "yeah I'm so excited too".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGIeHp9GT0
  • Leafty91 wrote: »
    Purpose of this post? Are we supposed to say "yeah I'm so excited too".

Can do what you like homeboy.

Kinda the point of a discussion board - you can agree and say something, disagree and say something...somewhere in the middle and say something...express yourself. That's the point,
  • say something...express yourself. That's the point,
    6bsy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Short of

Mock battles within guilds and allies
    Live pvp seperate from arena
    Arena showing def wins like tw, or any update since arena not touched since day 1 release
    Mod management update
    Grevious rework

It will be lukewarm excitement
  • The game is at a low point. They need a big announcement to boost morale. The problem with their big announcements however, is that they consistently seem to under deliver on them; thus leading to more disappointment.
  • The game is at a low point. They need a big announcement to boost morale. The problem with their big announcements however, is that they consistently seem to under deliver on them; thus leading to more disappointment.

Not really, it’s just that most of the gaming population watch the gamechangers and get swayed and excited over something that was designed to be horrible.

E.g. ships 2.0 - massive rng fest once it becomes 3v3. But nobody saw that coming because gamechangers said “the geonosians are gonna be so good!”. I don’t blame the gamechangers - it’s their job, but certainly they need someone among the devs who can ya know, do some actual cause and effect thinking before they implement stuff.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Part of their future plans are always how to fix present problems over time. Additionally there is no such thing as perfection. We would never get any new content of any kind ever if we had to wait for there to be zero problems. Then the game would die.

Cheers. Next time I need something obvious to be explained to me I know who to turn to.
  • Jedi Like is needed now.
  • Uh... I love Ships 2.0. I’d call it a success... and that’s from someone who was getting #1 in fleet arena regularly. Always top 5 before ships arena and dropped a few slots after it. (They nerfed my best guys). But there is so much more variety of ships now that can dominate in my albeit young shard. I just hope we get Grievous rework/capital ship. Followed by a Resistance Capital Ship Followed by a First order capital ship... that are all more balanced so not everyone is running thrawn with the same 5 ships... anyone who thought everyone running Thrawn with the same 5 ships was a better ships format is just bitter their team got nerfed.
  • Uh... I love Ships 2.0. I’d call it a success... and that’s from someone who was getting #1 in fleet arena regularly. Always top 5 before ships arena and dropped a few slots after it. (They nerfed my best guys). But there is so much more variety of ships now that can dominate in my albeit young shard. I just hope we get Grievous rework/capital ship. Followed by a Resistance Capital Ship Followed by a First order capital ship... that are all more balanced so not everyone is running thrawn with the same 5 ships... anyone who thought everyone running Thrawn with the same 5 ships was a better ships format is just bitter their team got nerfed.

Yet in older shards (like mine 2+ years old) my top 50 is literally, thrawn, tie advanced, biggs, and fo tie fighter

Yet in older shards (like mine 2+ years old) my top 50 is literally, thrawn, tie advanced, biggs, and fo tie fighter

I’m guessing that’s because they’re maxed out? I’m pretty sure Geonosian’s with Ackbar is the new META. I’m in the process of transitioning to Geonosians right now. Already switched to Ackbar. Nobody in top 20 besides me runs Ackbar in fleet Arena. Actually I’m pretty excited to roll out my Geonosian’s once I get their ships up to a decent power level.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Short of

Mock battles within guilds and allies
    Live pvp seperate from arena
    Arena showing def wins like tw, or any update since arena not touched since day 1 release
    Mod management update
    Grevious rework

It will be lukewarm excitement

Thanks for this post. Made my day :smiley:

• Roguetechna
    138 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    mcshant wrote: »
    I dont like sand

Me either. It's not soft or smooth, and there are very few places it does not get into...
  • Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    Jedi Like is needed now.

I don't like.
  • Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    Jedi Like is needed now.

I don't like.

This would be game ending. He would have to be the most OP toon in the game, and you could never make another toon more powerful. Not gonna happen.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Regardless of what coming, they need to address the recent past and the lack of any official comms about it, period. HSTR getting nerfed is one thing, but the untouched rewards for the lower tiers is a what really needs to be addressed, like now.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Cheers. Next time I need something obvious to be explained to me I know who to turn to.

Then don't say obviously silly things that don't reflect the possession of any common sense.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
This discussion has been closed.