Why do they love extremes so much?

Leafty91
18 posts Member
edited July 2018
I don't want this to come off as a rage quit post, but I seriously don't know how I'm going to keep playing this game. After the heroic sith raid reward nerf I haven't gotten a single g12 piece! I honestly can't keep going like this! I am not a top 10 finisher but this doesn't mean I don't deserve any pieces!

CG you can't go from one extreme to another, you went from giving g12 pieces to all ranks into only giving them occasionally to top 10 finishers. Why such a switch to the extreme? Give us something or we won't be around to play for much longer, you can't honestly expect us to have to rely on TB to craft pieces! Please for the love of God do something because this is totally unacceptable.

With each raid that passes the gap only grows between me and the people who finish higher.... I don't want to quit the game after 2+ years but since you changed the rewards I haven't crafted a single piece and that weeks!!! How do you expect me to keep playing like that? I understand balance and having a steady pace and progression but this is completely unacceptable.

Do something.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Because the 700 well-written responses in the other thread weren't good enough...
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Imagine how someone like me feels, getting no gear 12 pieces at all. Sure I could easily join a heroic sith guild but I don't think it's right that I should have to leave a group of players just to do this raid..
  • Because the 700 well-written responses in the other thread weren't good enough...

This really.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Imagine how someone like me feels, getting no gear 12 pieces at all. Sure I could easily join a heroic sith guild but I don't think it's right that I should have to leave a group of players just to do this raid..

I'll spell this out: D-I-T-C-H Y-O-U-R G-U-I-L-D. Seriously. If you want to play with those below your level dont expect to get top rewards.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Any game that has "dump your guild, abandon your friends" as a game mechanic doesn't deserve to be played. I can understand that this is sometimes needed for hardcore raiding in an MMO, but not in a social game. Especially if those in your guild aren't even particularly bad or weak, they just don't have the exact right characters.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I can understand that this is sometimes needed for hardcore raiding in an MMO, but not in a social game. Especially if those in your guild aren't even particularly bad or weak, they just don't have the exact right characters.

If you're playing the game for its social aspects only, then isn't striving to reach a common goal together a social aspect too? Get the farming of JTR, ChexMix, jedi and NS teams going in your guild and you will soon be doing heroic STR. If your guild mates are not up to focusing on those teams with you, then maybe they are not as social as you would like them to be.
  • A guess it’s like leaving a job and your coworkers/friends to make more money somewhere else. Tough to do.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    I can understand that this is sometimes needed for hardcore raiding in an MMO, but not in a social game. Especially if those in your guild aren't even particularly bad or weak, they just don't have the exact right characters.

If you're playing the game for its social aspects only, then isn't striving to reach a common goal together a social aspect too? Get the farming of JTR, ChexMix, jedi and NS teams going in your guild and you will soon be doing heroic STR. If your guild mates are not up to focusing on those teams with you, then maybe they are not as social as you would like them to be.

That is an absolutely absurd statement, sorry. We are about 50M GP away from doing heroic for example, and it would take us an immense amount of time to get there. With HAAT this was not a problem, as we just farmed normal AAT several times a week and the rewards were good enough, but HSTR is a different animal entirely. The rewards for normal are SO terrible and mismatched with Heroic that there is no way we can catch up to doing HSTR now before the next piece of content is released, which undoubtedly will once again cater to those that are already ahead. This is already causing those people in our guild that used to be top in arena to now fall back, making the situation even worse.

Either way you look at it, the way the game has been handled this year is a horror story for lower tier guilds and players.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    A guess it’s like leaving a job and your coworkers/friends to make more money somewhere else. Tough to do.

Depends on how much more money you're making...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

I'll spell this out: D-I-T-C-H Y-O-U-R G-U-I-L-D. Seriously. If you want to play with those below your level dont expect to get top rewards.

This isn’t the model CG should strive for. People shouldn’t have to abandon those they’ve grown with for almost two years in this game over a raid that is creating a major power gap. A raid where you aren’t guaranteed anything except subpar rewards with a CHANCE at good gear if you finish top 10.

Even in MMO’s like Warcraft you didn’t need to guild hop to get more powerful gear just to advanc din the game. You joined a guild befitting your level, played it, earned fair rewards that wouldn help you progress to the next stage and you would repeat. All the while doing solo tasks to continue the progression. I don’t remember a single time in WoW up until Cataclysm (quite soon after it came out because I just didn’t have the time anymore) where I needed to guild hop and had to be forced into raiding a certain area to simply advance and stay status quo. Even in this game with Rancor and HAAT. Sure there was an advantage to ranking higher so you get the newer and more powerful gear quicker, but if not there were other areas to farm that same gear at. In this case? You don’t finish top 10 in HSTR, you don’t get the new gear. See the issue?
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Our guild stuck together and, more importantly, stuck to the toon farming plan and we've now completed the Heroic Sith.
    It shows you don't have to abandon your guild to have success but you do need a common drive.
    Good luck with your choice.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

That is an absolutely absurd statement, sorry. We are about 50M GP away from doing heroic for example, and it would take us an immense amount of time to get there. With HAAT this was not a problem, as we just farmed normal AAT several times a week and the rewards were good enough, but HSTR is a different animal entirely. The rewards for normal are SO terrible and mismatched with Heroic that there is no way we can catch up to doing HSTR now before the next piece of content is released, which undoubtedly will once again cater to those that are already ahead. This is already causing those people in our guild that used to be top in arena to now fall back, making the situation even worse.

Replace 'soon' with 'eventualy' in my first response, and it all still stands. According to yourself: There are good players in your guild — they don't have the exact right characters. Solution: Work together and farm 'the right characters'. Overall GP won't get you through hSTR. However, developing the teams that work will. If you are in a 50 million GP guild, you probably shouldn't worry too much about catching up to players in 100+ million GP guilds. You will never catch up to them anyway. They probably started playing a year earlier than people in your giild. Unless they take a break they will stay ahead. However, you will eventually gain access to the same tiers of STR as they have right now. If you are a 3mill GP player in a 50 million HP guild, then the issue is not game balance. The issue is, that you chose to play in a guild with a mix of top players and mid/low players. If that suits you better, then it's all good. Enjoy your gaming. Just don't expect to have the same rewards handed to you as the players who chose to strive for winning them.

If you start seeing Trayas in your arena shard, then use an anti—Traya team. I adjusted my Rex team to also be able to deal with Traya (on offense at least).

Regarding hAAT: The same rewards? GK was and is only available in heroic tier. Furthermore, heroic took far less time to complete than normal, so the reward—to—effort ratio was far better in heroic mode.
  • IceHawk117
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This raid is broken because it hands out speed. Speed is king. It should not be an exclusive top raid damage, top raid tier reward. The HSR mark 12.5+ hands out +12 speed to characters. And now have had whales that already have 5 or 6 pieces. So guess who will continue to be the top raid performers?

• Totally agree. Especially it is brainless to make a challenge within the guild. On the other hand TW give nearly same rewards to winners or loosers. Strange payout thought of CG. Then there is the Hard node shard mayhem tt. Really getting things **** up.