Introducing Darth Bane to SWGOH?

Dre679
43 posts Member
SWGOH made a relatively recent emphasis on the old republic content. It would be great to see Darth Bane come into the game. Not only he could bring some unique attributes (from his impenetrable armor to his philosophical ideologies converted into unique abilities) but I deem him to be among the most ruthless and overall badass characters in Star Wars after, if not right next to Vader himself.

For those unaware, I highly suggest reading the Darth Bane novel or listening to the audiobook.

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    He has no cannon appearance, so I highly doubt.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Jaina Solo to appear knowing full well she never will
  • Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I don't follow the whole canon/legends differences. The lines are blurred, depending on what you define as canon. We only learned about Darth sion, for instance, from the old republic. No mention in the prequels or sequels. He's an impressive but a rather uniconic character and unfamiliar to most, unlike Darth Bane who has his own novel dedicated to his journey and who was the first to do so many great things for the dark side.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he appeared as a Force Ghost to Yoda in The Clone Wars, which is canon. The Darth Bane novel is fantastic, though non-canon at this point. It would be great to have him in game, no matter what his official canonical status/history is.
  • Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, that's right, that one brief moment in the clone wars series makes Darth Sion canon and worthy of adding to the game...it's a shame. Maybe I'm biased but after reading the novel I found myself to be a big fan of Bane and what he stood for.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Darth Bane has appeared in a lot of medium and history (he invented the Rule of Two, he had three novels that sold extremely well, and he was in the comics too)

A lot of material, and people love him quite a bit and I wouldn't consider him to be off-limits as far as CG is concerned. I'd love more Old Sith like Exar Kun and Jedi like Nomi Sunrider if I remember correctly, both of those characters were mentioned in KOTOR in an item description
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    He has no cannon appearance, so I highly doubt.

Looks like someone hasn't watched the clone wars...
  • Options
    Darth Bane is canon... But I understand if someone ignored cartoons: I did the same until last year, and then binge watched everything
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5cVCfruVFQ
  • Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Bane is canon... But I understand if someone ignored cartoons: I did the same until last year, and then binge watched everything
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5cVCfruVFQ

Very good observation, I kinda skimmed over the boring yoda stuff when watching the clone wars series tbh lol
  • Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Options
    CG and EA could've made a lot more money had they been a bit smarter. Sure they could cash in on the solo movie toons but if the listened closely...they'd hear the fans beg for more of those 5 minute glimpses where Vader rips through rebels like some looseleaf towards the end of rogue one. That's what the fans want. Ruthless barrage of power and seeing the bad guys win for a change, not watch some weird chubby looking Asian rose push that black dood Finn away from committing suicide after realizing how **** the movie is.
  • Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I know that SWGOH devs aren't responsible for the utter mockery Disney turned Star Wars into, but at least give the fans what the truly want within the game ffs. Admit it, devs, no one apart from bored whales driving lambos would bother getting rose, until you make her F2P and only if you make her a requirement for some OP toon event. Apart from that, she can go straight to hell. She is garbage and the devs are ruining SWGOH true potential.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Dre679 wrote: »
    Ah, that's right, that one brief moment in the clone wars series makes Darth Sion canon and worthy of adding to the game...it's a shame. Maybe I'm biased but after reading the novel I found myself to be a big fan of Bane and what he stood for.

Sion was in Clone Wars? I got to see it
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Dre679 wrote: »

Sion was in Clone Wars? I got to see it
    He wasn't
    As for Bane I'd love to see him he's my all time favorite character I would love to see how they implement his rule of two philosophy
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm honored in resurrecting this post! :smiley: Now that Revan is made canon so as the other Sith Lords. (Plus you can see Yoda met Bane, which is canon too). I would really love to see Darth Bane (and Zannah too) come into SWGOH in the future.

If you didn't read the books these abilities contain spoilers, don't proceed if you don't want to find out :smiley:

I could imagine his abilities such as:
    Basic - Overpowering Strike: Inflict damage and apply new debuff "Cripple" (decrease stats by 15%, OMEGA: This debuff is irresistible and can't be evaded)
    Special - Lightning Blast: Deal special damage to an enemy and stun them for 2 turns (OMEGA: Apply "Cripple" debuff)
    Special - Orbalisk Swarm: Apply Damage Immunity and Offense Up on self for 2 turns (ZETA: These buffs are undispellable)
    Unique - Ancient Secrets: Darth Bane is immune to turn meter removal and if defeated, he possesses the strongest Sith ally and doubles their stats.
    Unique - True Lord of the Sith: Darth Bane has +50% health, tenacity, defense, offense, and critical avoidance. If any Sith ally is present they gain half the amount of these stats. (ZETA: They gain the full amount)

Of course, this is from my point of view. I imagine him as a very strong tank. I loved the books so much! I really hope one day we will have him and Zannah in this game! =)