Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    I'm honestly at a loss for words. How can you start this back on May 14th, and just never come back.... you wanted feedback, here it is. Almost universally negative. Over 1,000 posts in a single thread, and that's not including the thousand more spread around several other threads (like the reward change thread for example). I'm leaving this comment on page 35 of the thread... THIRTY FIVE.

Give us something. It is FAR past time for a response to this cluster you started @CG_SBCrumb
  • Then again, with the holiday... They may just be all on vacation.

I'm beginning to think that they're all 10-month employees, and have taken the summer off.

• dabr0l1
    31 posts Member
    Then again, with the holiday... They may just be all on vacation.

I'm beginning to think that they're all 10-month employees, and have taken the summer off.

The summer? Here is where I stand. I love star wars and this raid is a total turnoff. There is nothing besides luck that matters. No skill no mechanics we can learn to do better. They spent a year on this raid and the take away was the developers could only build it to include luck. Say what you will but since Carrie has been in charge the whole game even at the most competitive levels requires little skill. Power creep is one thing and mods based on speed blah blah blah all you need is palp to get a lucky 5 stuns and you can climb in arena. Don't have the right ships for fleet? Just hope for a dodge to go your way. And our ultimate reward P1 and P3 of the sith raid. So poorly designed you would swear it was directed by Rian Johnson. You can literally do everything right and still be unlucky and spend wasted time trying to accrue gear that people say is game changing. Really? Game changing? Let's see what happens if I can get a 5 stun with my palp. Let's be real. What can they do? They poured time into a raid and the expectations of EA is that the next big cash grab is being worked on.

They had a year to say..."hey why does DN do random things? What would cause him to take 3 turns? How as a player can I overcome that without constantly restarting?" And they didn't. So then they for whatever reason said let's get feeeback on this monster and it's been so negative that the only hope was EA would see it and say fix it instead of moving ahead. EA wasn't going to do that.

I would say changing lead producer would be a great step to show the community we are being heard. Maybe with some RNG Carrie may get palp stunned.
  • ojnc3x
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    9th0dq7zsnmz.png

(Almost) dolphin here (2.6m gp), i'm the leader of a casual guild (60 mill gp) and I try to encourage people to post damage in the sith raid. But it's just too tedious and the rewards are not worth it.

I try to be an example, but I'm getting frustrated just as my guild mates are.
    The image represents the 3rd day after launching tier 4.

It's a fun game don't get me wrong, but this Sith raid needs to be improve in a big way.

A couple of things that needs to change/improve are:
    - Better rewards in all Sith tiers 1-6; more carbantis, stun guns and cuffs (give at least a guaranteed full crafted piece) and remove useless challenge gear.
    - More currency (credits, guild, guild event currency)
    - Maybe add omegas in tiers 1-6.
    - Lower difficulty in tiers 4-6 by decreasing Nihilus health pool by 30% - 40%, Sion's 10%-15%, Traya, 15%-20%. And the most important thing, remove the stacking tenacity.
    - Add achievements, like certain amount of raids cleared, have the final blow for any stage, etc.

And my final words, it's that ummm, I understand that this is a business, but you must be cautious on how you implement new features, if the community is happy or the majority is happy, the money will come more easy.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ojnc3x wrote: »
    9th0dq7zsnmz.png

(Almost) dolphin here (2.6m gp), i'm the leader of a casual guild (60 mill gp) and I try to encourage people to post damage in the sith raid. But it's just too tedious and the rewards are not worth it.

It's a fun game don't get me wrong, but this Sith raid needs to be improve in a big way.

- Better rewards in all Sith tiers 1-6; more carbantis, stun guns and cuffs (give at least a guaranteed full crafted piece) and remove useless challenge gear.
    - Lower difficulty in tiers 4-6 by decreasing Nihilus health pool by 30% - 40%, Sion's 10%-15%, Traya, 15%-20%. And the most important thing, remove the stacking tenacity.
    - Add achievements, like certain amount of raids cleared, have the final blow for any stage, etc.

And my final words, it's that ummm, I understand that this is a business, but you must be cautious on how you implement new features, if the community is happy or the majority is happy, the money will come more easy.

That’s absolutely insane how high that health pool is.
  • push the big red button and rethink your tier choice, ignore the raid tickets, maybe choosing tier 0 for a week or two might help.

Lets face it constantly trying to drive your guild to do something that they obviously do not want to do clearly isnt working for you

Just a thought..
  • ojnc3x wrote: »
    9th0dq7zsnmz.png

Im pretty sure they are trying to drive rage spending because that’s what seems to be happening
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    dabr0l1 wrote: »

The summer? Here is where I stand. I love star wars and this raid is a total turnoff. There is nothing besides luck that matters. No skill no mechanics we can learn to do better. They spent a year on this raid and the take away was the developers could only build it to include luck. Say what you will but since Carrie has been in charge the whole game even at the most competitive levels requires little skill. Power creep is one thing and mods based on speed blah blah blah all you need is palp to get a lucky 5 stuns and you can climb in arena. Don't have the right ships for fleet? Just hope for a dodge to go your way. And our ultimate reward P1 and P3 of the sith raid. So poorly designed you would swear it was directed by Rian Johnson. You can literally do everything right and still be unlucky and spend wasted time trying to accrue gear that people say is game changing. Really? Game changing? Let's see what happens if I can get a 5 stun with my palp. Let's be real. What can they do? They poured time into a raid and the expectations of EA is that the next big cash grab is being worked on.

They had a year to say..."hey why does DN do random things? What would cause him to take 3 turns? How as a player can I overcome that without constantly restarting?" And they didn't. So then they for whatever reason said let's get feeeback on this monster and it's been so negative that the only hope was EA would see it and say fix it instead of moving ahead. EA wasn't going to do that.

I would say changing lead producer would be a great step to show the community we are being heard. Maybe with some RNG Carrie may get palp stunned.

Your 5 stuns dont work against Traya sith teams.
  • dabr0l1
    31 posts Member
    JVU420 wrote: »
    dabr0l1 wrote: »

Your 5 stuns dont work against Traya sith teams.

I have Traya and in my arena you can still maneuver to avoid the Traya teams and get 1st.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb daily ping! You told us before in another thread that if something required your attention to tag you in it. Well here you are sir. There’s plenty in here that needs your attention
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It is absolutely disgusting how often all three of lightsabers Traya’s get to attack and how all too often they gain and retain foresight since the last patch. It’s your game CG do what you want, but my wallet will be moving on to other games and platforms and thank you for the talking points at the next Disney Shareholders now that we have Fox.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The sith raid Heroic difficult is ok for Many guilds, since have players from guilds out of top 50 with Traya 6 stars, but the rewads still garbage. After 4 Heroic sith raids only few parts of New gear, but some luck players had Many full gear in same time. The rewads still nerfed, before the nerf often had full gear, after only garbage, and with New gear XII still garbage rewads for Many players like me
  • Hmmm. Is this where we go to report a missing @CG_SBCrumb ?

fbwbza93xyn6.png
  • Hmmm. Is this where we go to report a missing @CG_SBCrumb ?

fbwbza93xyn6.png

Now that is funny!!!
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    I think they don't know what to do about the raid. They already have things planned for the next 4-6 months, these new things have all the Dev's attention and they don't want to take time out of their next few sprints to work on this raid.

Because they don't have an answer for us, they don't want to say anything in this thread. They can't come in and say; "We don't know what to do, and we don't have extra resources to dedicate to it, so we're just going to let it sit for a while, sorry".

I'm not saying that's okay, particularly because they started the thread, but that's my guess as to why we haven't heard anything.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    1000!

Maybe we'll get a response at 1337...

They already deleted more than that from the thread
  • Jeric wrote: »
    I'm changing my opinion. After amassing 37 JTR teams and still not quite getting there our Guild is losing key members quickly. Some of us have been in the same Guild for two years. The owner bolted because the thought of rebuilding was just too much. Those that have decided to remain for now have basically said, "screw this Raid, screw arena, I need to rethink whether this is worth it."

That bond and fun we had interacting was the driving force behind my enjoyment, and it kept these guys around for months waiting and waiting until they simply couldn't anymore. Everytime we got a step closer someone gets frustrated and bolts.

We've just been fatigued to the point of indifference. I have some hard thinking to do over the course of the next few days.

When you lose 25 million GP in a day, it is really demoralizing.

I am really sorry to hear this. It saddens me this raid is destroying guilds. These are friends you made over time. No single aspect of this game should be ripping groups apart.
  • @CG_SBCrumb , I believe this thread requires your attention (you may want to bring help).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »
    I'm changing my opinion. After amassing 37 JTR teams and still not quite getting there our Guild is losing key members quickly. Some of us have been in the same Guild for two years. The owner bolted because the thought of rebuilding was just too much. Those that have decided to remain for now have basically said, "screw this Raid, screw arena, I need to rethink whether this is worth it."

That bond and fun we had interacting was the driving force behind my enjoyment, and it kept these guys around for months waiting and waiting until they simply couldn't anymore. Everytime we got a step closer someone gets frustrated and bolts.

We've just been fatigued to the point of indifference. I have some hard thinking to do over the course of the next few days.

I am really sorry to hear this. It saddens me this raid is destroying guilds. These are friends you made over time. No single aspect of this game should be ripping groups apart.

The worst part is that the discrepancy between top 10 HSith, and the other 80% of the HSith rewards are actually designed to do that...intentionally. Eventually, most guilds will be doing HSith and facing this intentionally destructive structure. So yeah, it'll only get worse as you continue to move up.

That's incentive, ain't it?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

I posted a message a couple of days ago with your tag, hoping you would get a chance to see it. I noticed a spelling error at 1:26am, fixed it, and went on to finish reading the new comments. Clicked the back button, went to scroll back to where my comment was, and it was no longer there! I thought, "Maybe my phone glitched, afterall it is old." So I went to my profile to look at my comment (only one I have ever done), and it is nowhere to be seen. It was as if it had been deleted. Now, I actually read your terms and conditions upon signing up (as someone who had to grow up with both parents being lawyers), and I know I had not broken any rule that warrents a post to be deleted by the mediators. I had not even insulted a person or group, or used any profanity. My only logical thought is that the mediator had decided that they did not like what I had stated in my comment, and decided to delete it rather than to let others see it. Now, if this is the way that the Developers of SWGOH decide that they would like to treat their community, then I will gladdy remove myself from said community.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Sincerly,
    A very angry Irish redhead
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I posted a message a couple of days ago with your tag, hoping you would get a chance to see it. I noticed a spelling error at 1:26am, fixed it, and went on to finish reading the new comments. Clicked the back button, went to scroll back to where my comment was, and it was no longer there! I thought, "Maybe my phone glitched, afterall it is old." So I went to my profile to look at my comment (only one I have ever done), and it is nowhere to be seen. It was as if it had been deleted. Now, I actually read your terms and conditions upon signing up (as someone who had to grow up with both parents being lawyers), and I know I had not broken any rule that warrents a post to be deleted by the mediators. I had not even insulted a person or group, or used any profanity. My only logical thought is that the mediator had decided that they did not like what I had stated in my comment, and decided to delete it rather than to let others see it. Now, if this is the way that the Developers of SWGOH decide that they would like to treat their community, then I will gladdy remove myself from said community.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Sincerly,
    A very angry Irish redhead

@CG_Carrie

Sorry, figured I should also get your help in this as well
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Nitrogen wrote: »
    I think they don't know what to do about the raid. They already have things planned for the next 4-6 months, these new things have all the Dev's attention and they don't want to take time out of their next few sprints to work on this raid.

Because they don't have an answer for us, they don't want to say anything in this thread. They can't come in and say; "We don't know what to do, and we don't have extra resources to dedicate to it, so we're just going to let it sit for a while, sorry".

I'm not saying that's okay, particularly because they started the thread, but that's my guess as to why we haven't heard anything.

You're probably right, at least I doubt they expected the feedback to be pros: art/design cons: literally everything else. They probably expected more fixable "hey noticed this bug, plz fix."
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    TBH I think they've designed themselves into a corner and this raid is the end result. Kits have been getting increasingly complex and now we've reached the point where the only thing that works is to make everything stop working.

IMO it all started with the overpowering speed mod meta that they did nothing to balance (or didn't want to because profits). Then we got TM reduction/gain and synergy to counter speed.

Evade has essentially been killed off because of the "can't be evaded" and tenacity could be heading the same way because things can't be resisted more and more.

Granted longevity was always going to lead us down this path to a certain degree but where do we go now?

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't expect a fix to those issues until at least next month. Just see how long it took just to make changes on heroic only.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Heroic Sith Raid feedback - it's an RNG slog fest. And now that CG has trashed the rewards for 80% of the players doing HSith (those finishing outside of the top 10 - either because of bad RNG, they don't have 4 hours to waste getting good RNG or they have real life commitments and can't be around for every phase), it's horrible.

In case you missed the other 1,000+ posts saying it was horrible.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    Please... just remove the ridiculous tenacity stacking!!!!!!! What the hell is the point of it? While you're at it reduce the health pool by a good 40% , in the past you reduced it by a laughable ...5%! Do you know just how long this raid takes, especially in p1 and p4 with Nihilius randomly annihilating people and regaining protection? When was protection ever a real feature of his?!? I don't care much for the rewards, because they're crap across the board. I've played this game for over a year now and I still don't have a multiple strong groups of teams. It's a Mobile game, bloody ridiculous.
  • My guild is now doing T5 and for an 81 mil GP guild we do very well. I think it is fun to take on the raid and love that we can pretty much do it back to back with a day CD for T4 when we do that as well once a week.

Some days I get very little dmg, but its all part of the fun building power squads to be able to do better like with Hpitt and HAAT.
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    my guild is 86m and it's day 3 on p1 (t5) still, no one can be bothered and no one can see any point in doing t4
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »

The worst part is that the discrepancy between top 10 HSith, and the other 80% of the HSith rewards are actually designed to do that...intentionally. Eventually, most guilds will be doing HSith and facing this intentionally destructive structure. So yeah, it'll only get worse as you continue to move up.

That's incentive, ain't it?

I imagine the rework of rewards was intended to drive participation. Many said they dont really care about ranks in hSTR. But CG forgot or decided to ingore that in order to make it to top 5 one needs an NS squad that relies on another flaw in raid design (except for a small number of players who can use several teams per phase).
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Literally the worst the customer care I've ever seen. CG, you should be ashamed of how this is being handled. How much time and effort does communication take?

You seem to be all about the "long term health of the game" but fail to see that driving players away is WORST possible scenario for achieving that goal.

Rethink your priorities, or there isn't going to be a game to consider the health of... short or long term.

@CG_Carrie
    @CG_SBCrumb

This discussion has been closed.