So... Anti Sith?

Who do you think fits this bill?

As much as I love the Sith, they do have a very weighty advantage over Jedi currently, as do a lot of droids, assassins and bounty hunters. Basically half of the dark characters have some sort of anti Jedi ability.

I see why Anti Sith is rare, next to none if any from the movie universe can claim to be Sith killing experts, chances are the devs will need to pull from the old republic universe.

Though I suppose prequel Kenobi is reasonably close, two Sith dismemberments, one dead droid, and, well, didn't die against Dooku twice lol. Yoda possibly?

Replies

• When jar jar is released he will have anti sith abilities.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • I think Yoda should totally be the Sith destroyer is Palps gets to be the Jedi nightmare
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Obi Wan (clone wars vs), Mace, and Yoda could and should all spank Sith. Luke the Jedi also and of course Anakin the master Sith and Sith killer.

My guess is we will see some changes to even existing Jedi, but that's pure speculation.
  • It would be interesting. Jedi are still pretty OP if they got Barriss on the team IMO mainly because she can heal through palps status effect.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I don't think we will see any anti-sith characters til Yoda comes out, Then there is luke there could be a couple of iterations of him...

Luke (empire strikes back)
    Luke Jedi Knight (return of the Jedi)
    Luke Jedi Master (current set of films)

The last two could potentially be anti sith.

But it does create a problem when you have anti-Jedi fighting anti -sith could potentially lead to very fast and random fight outcomes!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Yoda's package is prob gona cost 2x of Kylo's bundle lol
  • I don't think any of the Lukes can be considered Sith Slayers lol
  • redeemed vader - sith toss ability. can scream noooooooo when he uses it lol.
  • Great.

So now that the Sith are OP'd, we're going to develop and farm for Sidious, Dooku, Tarken, etc. but in a month, the Jedi will get a buff and have some Sith destroying bonus and all our "work" will go down the drain.

Great.

Maybe I should develop my Ewok team because in March 2016, it's Ewok buff month and both the Jedi and the Sith will be nerfed to the ground.

• This is how these games are. The meta is constantly changing. It makes it fun.
  • xhh2a
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sith aren't that op. They don't have a reliable heal. Also there are many countes to droids (droid teams lack a tank). Dark side also lacks good tank choices that have Taunt (some of the new order stuff is blatantly op but no taunt so counterable). My team has only dooku, 3 jedi, and 1 trooper, and I do consistently well in arena. Now dark side does have some strong anti heals but if you don't build all heal (which is just bad) you should be fine. The key is having a good tank that can survive the anti heal for a few rounds. I stopped using Palpatine ages ago in ranked, no point. So what if they get a heal up, damage teams can outdamage heal teams due to the cooldown. Most healers don't do enough damage.

Of course there are many many bad characters in the game (only 1 or 2 good character per shipment type) so make sure to read the details of every one and pick good characters.

Regarding dooku he's easy to counter. Either have a team with sufficiet health and ignore him (don't have anyone on your team with aoe) or burst him down early (he has rather low health) with special attacks that deal large damage.

In terms of light side, there are many many good options tank wise. New resistance and force awakens chars are very op and strong from their description, luminara is a very strong healer if you upgrade her, or the jedi counselor which has 2 turn cooldowns. Replace one of them with Obi Wan if you get him. Ayala Secura, 555 Fives are good choices. Ayala has high damage output which is a threat, good health, and high counter as dooku. Not as high countet but she has more health than dooku so doesn't suffer from dooku's weakness against heavy damage teams like 2x resistance + taunt. Fives has high counter and has a free attack which makes him very hard in targeting. You don't want to attack too early cause he counters and there are more pressing attackets probably, but you can't attack too late due to the free attacks adding up. I would avoid anakin skywalker, on paper he's strong but he gets targeted first in arena.
  • xhh2a wrote: »
    Sith aren't that op. They don't have a reliable heal. Also there are many countes to droids (droid teams lack a tank). Dark side also lacks good tank choices that have Taunt (some of the new order stuff is blatantly op but no taunt so counterable). My team has only dooku, 3 jedi, and 1 trooper, and I do consistently well in arena. Now dark side does have some strong anti heals but if you don't build all heal (which is just bad) you should be fine. The key is having a good tank that can survive the anti heal for a few rounds. I stopped using Palpatine ages ago in ranked, no point. So what if they get a heal up, damage teams can outdamage heal teams due to the cooldown. Most healers don't do enough damage.

Of course there are many many bad characters in the game (only 1 or 2 good character per shipment type) so make sure to read the details of every one and pick good characters.

Regarding dooku he's easy to counter. Either have a team with sufficiet health and ignore him (don't have anyone on your team with aoe) or burst him down early (he has rather low health) with special attacks that deal large damage.

In terms of light side, there are many many good options tank wise. New resistance and force awakens chars are very op and strong from their description, luminara is a very strong healer if you upgrade her, or the jedi counselor which has 2 turn cooldowns. Replace one of them with Obi Wan if you get him. Ayala Secura, 555 Fives are good choices. Ayala has high damage output which is a threat, good health, and high counter as dooku. Not as high countet but she has more health than dooku so doesn't suffer from dooku's weakness against heavy damage teams like 2x resistance + taunt. Fives has high counter and has a free attack which makes him very hard in targeting. You don't want to attack too early cause he counters and there are more pressing attackets probably, but you can't attack too late due to the free attacks adding up. I would avoid anakin skywalker, on paper he's strong but he gets targeted first in arena.

Very good points. Just wanted to say that there's plenty of toons that perhaps haven't been used so frequently by now. You have to find your right team with the proper balance. I run 3jedi in my form and i have no problems with DM and Sid. Perhaps some of the toons that i haven't used befor also have the ability to counter Sith team but only time will tell. Dont't think that this buffs are so devastating to jedi order so you have to create your own way to deal with it. This game provides so many options and we should be creative.
  • The dark side is definitely stronger now.

Many times people say counter Dooku, maul or sidous by focusing them down first. This is definitely flawed logic cause if 3 of them are in the same team, which one do you pick first?

In this case luminary isn't strong too cause she can be focused down in 1 turn.

There are just too many anti Jedi or anti healing abilities whereas none for anti sith.
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    The dark side is definitely stronger now.

Many times people say counter Dooku, maul or sidous by focusing them down first. This is definitely flawed logic cause if 3 of them are in the same team, which one do you pick first?

In this case luminary isn't strong too cause she can be focused down in 1 turn.

There are just too many anti Jedi or anti healing abilities whereas none for anti sith.

Have to disagree - the Jedi / light were solidly ahead before the buff and this just brings Sith / Dark more on par, but not far ahead. I have Dooku, Maul, Vader, and Sid - I do not just blow through all Jedi / light teams. The Jedi are so tanky and have good healing and special abilities (Obi Wan still is very hard to deal with) that killing them in 5 minutes isn't easy. I think what this did is just made viable counters for other teams that doesn't make fighting Jedi vs. Jedi or light vs. light necessary.
  • Hmm... well, currently, any Jedi who isn't Old Ben dies in one hit if Maul crits on his second skill. And this is with me using him, I usually kill JC and Lumi at the same time with one swipe and he's only 4* at gear level 6.
  • I hope they buff Jedi Knight Anakin to be a sith killer in game just like in the movie by decapitating dooku.
  • Meh Anakin is anti Jedi lol, he lost once to Dooku and won once, hardly makes him a Sith killer, and if it wasnt for Yoda then Anakin would have died at Dookus hands.
  • Hmm... well, currently, any Jedi who isn't Old Ben dies in one hit if Maul crits on his second skill. And this is with me using him, I usually kill JC and Lumi at the same time with one swipe and he's only 4* at gear level 6.

I don't think you're facing very good JCs or Lumis than. I have a 5* gear 7 Maul and he can't do that vs. JC or Lumi. Lumi in fact is great to ability block him and his AOE before he moves. The AI is just too stupid to focus fire on Maul and kill him early. Droids would do a great job vs. Sith. Sith are glass Cannons - Maul and Sid in particular (although Sid really doesn't hit that hard). Maul in particular would get crushed by 86. Sith deal decent damage, but they are vulnerable with no heal and no taunt. Dooku, Sid, and Maul are all pretty squishy.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    You know who would be a great Sith slayer? The "Sword of the Jedi". (Assuming you read the last book series before all the TFA stuff started.) Bring her in, Devs!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • It makes sense to buff the sith so they can sell a future Yoda 100 bucks pack >:)
  • I don't find Sidious as threatening as most people do. I deal with him fine in PVP and GW.

Now Maul...I've used an allies quite a few times and I'm just glad I haven't faced one in PVP yet...
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    It makes sense to buff the sith so they can sell a future Yoda 100 bucks pack >:)

I would pay 200 for Yoda....
  • For me, it's only Dooku that has given me problems. The only three PvP battles I lost were against Dooku teams. He double counters every attack, and then his turn meter is maxed and he delivers 4 simultaneous attacks in a row. Then I get one shot at him, double counter, rinse, repeat. It's ridiculous.
  • Skye wrote: »
    I don't think we will see any anti-sith characters til Yoda comes out, Then there is luke there could be a couple of iterations of him...

Luke (empire strikes back)
    Luke Jedi Knight (return of the Jedi)
    Luke Jedi Master (current set of films)

The last two could potentially be anti sith.

But it does create a problem when you have anti-Jedi fighting anti -sith could potentially lead to very fast and random fight outcomes!

Did you really just throw out a spoiler without a warning? Not cool bro. Not everyone got to see TFA day one and that was CLEARLY not advertised.
  • What is this "sith OP-ness" people are talking about?

The release of 1 new sith character?

Giving 1 character a 35% dodge chance against a group of chars people are starting to use less and less?

Please...
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct

• Rheen wrote: »
    What is this "sith OP-ness" people are talking about?

The release of 1 new sith character?

Giving 1 character a 35% dodge chance against a group of chars people are starting to use less and less?

Please...

Sid was a great toon even before the 35% buff. Now he has become a nightmare to Jedi teams. This is why you are seeing less and less Jedi.

Oh and you forgot Maul's Damage buff vs Jedi.

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    xhh2a wrote: »
    Sith aren't that op. They don't have a reliable heal. Also there are many countes to droids (droid teams lack a tank). Dark side also lacks good tank choices that have Taunt (some of the new order stuff is blatantly op but no taunt so counterable)

I like this post. I tend to go with a rounded team for this exact reason. You can't see who you're about to fight, so if you lean to heavily one way you may get whooped quick.a lot of times if you survive their damage specials at the beginning then they can become sitting ducks for 3 turns. With good DMG you can expect to kill 2 sith in one full turn rotation more times than not. And I don't see any high lvl arena teams with a taunt to redirect fire, so if you can make it passed Mauls AoE, (its pretty awesome sometimes haha) and get lucky with a crit or 2, then things are looking pretty good for you...