The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• New KOTOR content, excellent!! honestly i did not expect anything before next february
    I also look forward the new features for mods
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

Question about the slicing: lets say I get a grey mod and I level up to 15, and afterwards I slice it. Will the slicing randomly pick one of the stats each time? Or once one stat gets sliced it cannot improve again as another stat will get the bump?

Not sure if I'm asking it right so a quick example:

I upgrade a gray and it has a speed +5. Does it have a chance each time I slice it for that to improve?

If it does, lets say I get a green can it only be sliced 4 times then with no chance of the speed being boosted? If that is the case, would it then be better to wait until a gray is at least level 12 to slice if there is a stat you want to increase?

Last question and I apologize for all of them as I'm sure I will find out soon enough but was hoping to brace my guild for the changes: when mods get reworked to have secondary stats that are just as appealing as speed, will mods we already have see this boosts as well or will it only be on older mods.

Example you want to make defense look better on a mod so you increase the range defense can be from 10-90 up to 110-220. Will my older mods get an equal bump?

Thank you for the update and hope you were all able to enjoy the 4th.
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Love the KOTOR content... but it just surprises me that 3 of the main characters in the games are not being introduced before other people. Those three being Malak, Exar-kun, and of course Revan. Just curious if they plan on making them either legendary characters or harder to get characters in the future or if they will just kind of forget about Malak and kun... because I don’t see a way the community would let them forget about Revan
  • Jacen_Raye
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Jacen_Raye wrote: »
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE KOTOR TOONS! (Take my money!!)

However - it’s bugging me that that’s a photo of T7 not T3 ... #KOTORObsessed

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the picture was wrong.

Also... HURRAY!!! I love Jolee Bindo! He carried the profound, balanced wisdom of an ex-Jedi who lived a real life outside the Order, but never fell to the darkness. And he delivered that wisdom in the manner of a cranky retiree telling some disrespectful kids to get off his lawn. He was hilarious.

And Revan can't be far behind.
    THANK YOU! @CG_Carrie can you update hahah.
    I prey they didn’t use the wrong model for the toon

I bet Bastila’s Leadership will be Battle Meditiation and will work similar to Palps’
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    This is supposed to span the next 3 months yet you can't spare a word on the raid rewards. You have people burning down your forums because you won't acknowledge that there is a big issue with the Sith raid tiers 1-6. Now was your chance to say something but apparently you just plan on ignoring it for another 3 months. You guys are a joke.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Elext wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a new tag for the old republic characters or will they be tossed into galactic republic? Or possibly just light side?
    If I had to guess, Jolee and Bastilla will be light side Jedi, Zalbaar will be dark side Scoundrel, Mission will be light side Scoundrel, and T3-M4 will be light side Droid. Which gives all of them a usable tag.
    Still not a he.
  • Thank you for listening to the player base and giving us Jolee Bindo instead of a General Grievous rework. You know best.

I think we can all see this is a huge setup for the biggest panic farm yet in Revan.
  • MuggerPrime
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

I want to lie in bed at night and play GOH on my iPad.
    I want to go to play on my iPhone on my lunch break.
    I want to sit at my computer and play on BlueStacks.

I can't. Because YOU can't.

How is it possible that a publisher as large as EA has not figured this out, while a much smaller developer (Foxnext) has figured this out for Marvel Strike Force.

IT. IS. INEXCUSABLE. Why isn't THIS on your "Road Ahead"?!?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Elext wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a new tag for the old republic characters or will they be tossed into galactic republic? Or possibly just light side?
    If I had to guess, Jolee and Bastilla will be light side Jedi, Zalbaar will be dark side Scoundrel, Mission will be light side Scoundrel, and T3-M4 will be light side Droid. Which gives all of them a usable tag.

Zaalbar is LS though in game, so he won’t be DS...

I bet they do make an Old Republic yah too though to these would sit a bit like Phoenix

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You know, I love the KOTOR content. I'm happy about that, and I think it does reflect player survey responses about the toons we'd like to see (as well as the revenue gained from the success of previous KOTOR toons). This is good and exciting.

Mod management could be really good. It's something we've all desperately wanted, and I'm glad to see that it's being addressed. I'm hopeful that it will be done well.

But I think it's a valid question to ask why there is absolute silence about other real pain points in the game, especially STR. Is it too much to ask for Carrie to have said, "Also, we hear you about some of the issues and frustrations with the STR. We're still evaluating what are our next steps to take with that, but I assure you that we haven't forgotten about the matter."
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    IT. IS. INEXCUSABLE.
    Yes, this is proper manners and a great way to be taken seriously.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yes, this is proper manners and a great way to be taken seriously.
    So because a customer is angry, EA should completely ignore them? I'm upset, and I want them to know I am upset. Why should that mean I shouldn't be taken seriously?
  • Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Who are they? I searched for jedis on old republic and those aren’t even on page 2 of google search
  • Alaoh wrote: »
    Who are they? I searched for jedis on old republic and those aren’t even on page 2 of google search

Play the games. They’re SERIOUSLY good!

• Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

How is it possible that a publisher as large as EA has not figured this out, while a much smaller developer (Foxnext) has figured this out for Marvel Strike Force.

You can.....
  • Mods management is cool. That is definitely something the player-base has all been asking for. You know what else the player-base has been asking for? Fix the Sith Triumverate Raid (or just get rid of it completely). Why are y'all working on new stuff, when one of the biggest new features of the year is a big old failure?

• Tarah
    202 posts Member
    great news!!!

now miss only something to buy in gw arena and cantina shop...
  • dabr0l1
    31 posts Member
    More new toons that need carbantis. Big Woop. Rather zero new toons and we pay 9.99 a month for the orkin man to come in and do a full sweep.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

@MuggerPrime
    Actually you can, just use the Link device feature. Mobilegamer even made a video about it the other day!
  • You can.....
    How? EA's own site says one or the other. I even read somewhere they'll only let you switch back and forth a limited number of times.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Alaoh wrote: »
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bastila_Shan

She's pretty cool. I wonder if she will have synergy with Revan or CG will add that in when Revan drops like how Darth Nihilus had Sion/Traya synergy later on

• Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

That’s actually a thing, has been for awhile. I play on my phone at work. Play on my ipad at home. All with the same account
  • MuggerPrime
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Kreontas wrote: »
    @MuggerPrime
    Actually you can, just use the Link device feature. Mobilegamer even made a video about it the other day!
    Thank you - watching the video now. For the benefit of others, I will link it HERE.
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    I HOPE they create a new energy type for mods? We already don't have enough cantina energy.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Awesome. Means Revan is on the way for sure.

Please please please (and I mean this in the nicest way) don’t release all of the KOTOR toons via marquee events. Doing so would be abysmally boring.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hmm......missing Carth Onasi, Canderous Ordo, Juhanni, Darth Malak, and Master Vandar.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    @MuggerPrime
    Thank you - watching the video now. For the benefit of others, I will link it HERE.

Research before rage. It’s a good rule to live by.....
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    @MuggerPrime

FYI this has been available for months now, they made an announcement about it back then.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    More KOTOR characters? A surprise for sure, but a welcome one.
    And it sounds like the mods will no longer be such a pain in the... neck. Finally.