The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

I want to lie in bed at night and play GOH on my iPad.
    I want to go to play on my iPhone on my lunch break.
    I want to sit at my computer and play on BlueStacks.

I can't. Because YOU can't.

How is it possible that a publisher as large as EA has not figured this out, while a much smaller developer (Foxnext) has figured this out for Marvel Strike Force.

IT. IS. INEXCUSABLE. Why isn't THIS on your "Road Ahead"?!?
    You can link your accounts across multiple devices. Open settings and click "Link a Device"

You should see something like the image below and it will walk you through the process.
    e5avn04syj83.png

• Dre679
    43 posts Member
    Perfect opportunity to add Darth Bane to the game. Instead, this junk. I understand we need new jedi to make the new yoda rework, well, work lol. But this anniversary is a big thing so they could've signified that by adding someone as iconic as Bane:/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Alaoh wrote: »
    Who are they? I searched for jedis on old republic and those aren’t even on page 2 of google search
    Bastila Shan was a Jedi prodigy turned MacGuffin and tactical resource because she was capable of the rare Force power of battle meditation, which could augment the fighting effectiveness of an entire fleet by about 5-10%, but she was also super cloistered and indoctrinated because the previous up and coming super prodigy with power that could alter the course of the galaxy was Revan.

Jolee Bindo was a cranky old grandpa ex-Jedi you find under a log. But more important are his old man stories. So the better answer is...

https://youtu.be/VdR93ilzrvA?t=21s
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    Jacen_Raye wrote: »
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE KOTOR TOONS! (Take my money!!)

However - it’s bugging me that that’s a photo of T7 not T3 ... #KOTORObsessed
    I can't believe we missed that! Doh! The REAL T3-M4 is there now
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Jacen_Raye wrote: »
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE KOTOR TOONS! (Take my money!!)

However - it’s bugging me that that’s a photo of T7 not T3 ... #KOTORObsessed
    I can't believe we missed that! Doh! The REAL T3-M4 is there now

Thanks!! :)

• By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod before spending anything on it.

@CG_SBCrumb -- can you clarify what this means? So for a gray mod, I'll see all the secondaries before leveling it?
  • How many of them do I need to buy to get revan... seriously so I can start budgeting now. And I'm guessing they will have a kit designed for STR in mind .
  • Love the Kotor characters. Super excited about them. Not excited to wait months to be able to farm them though.
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    How many of them do I need to buy to get revan... seriously so I can start budgeting now. And I'm guessing they will have a kit designed for STR in mind .

If STR is still alive
  • Dre679 wrote: »
    Perfect opportunity to add Darth Bane to the game. Instead, this junk. I understand we need new jedi to make the new yoda rework, well, work lol. But this anniversary is a big thing so they could've signified that by adding someone as iconic as Bane:/
    “Iconic” is a subjective quality.

As a KOTOR fan, the toons mentioned are extremely iconic to me.

I’m not aware which SW branch Darth Bane comes from.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    So....can we get Carth Onasi added later with the Endar Spire as an Old Republic Capital Ship?
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Are the slicing materials going to be in the mod battles only? Or in the mod challenges as well?

Because mod battles are totally useless to everyone.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    I'm confused. I don't see where on here it addresses the issues surrounding the Sith Raid, the difficulty settings and the reward structure for lower tiers in this post. Did I miss it? Should I go back and reread it? Surely a thread (STR Feedback Thread) that has so many replies and so much hate behind it as well as the most recent update to "fix" heroic only raid rewards for STR would garner some attention in a Road Ahead thread. Surely they would address this as opposed to keeping silent on it. Also there must be mention somewhere in here about the ship 2.0 update that is so RNG reliant. They must have mentioned something about this. Everyone wait here while i go back and read it again.

Here's an idea:. Play the game better, and earn heroic rewards. Stop whining about lack of compensation for being subpar. You're lucky they even let you play at lower tiers.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    She aint a Padawan. Other than that, im excited to see how her battle meditation syncs with yoda's. Should place debuffs or its own unique one.

Add Canderous and Carth and youve got a full set of toons needed for a hero's journey featuring Revan.
  • Where are Carth, Canderous, and Juhani?
  • In the future, as you level a mod up to level 15, you will reveal all four secondary stats.

By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod before spending anything on it.

@CG_SBCrumb Could we get some clarification on the above sentences please? They seem contradictory, one says we'll have to level up a mod to see its secondary stats and the other that we'll be able to see them without leveling up.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Raptor13 wrote: »
    Really we get freaking Jolee and not Juhani?

Juhani can kick rocks.
  • nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    MntMan wrote: »
    I'm confused. I don't see where on here it addresses the issues surrounding the Sith Raid, the difficulty settings and the reward structure for lower tiers in this post. Did I miss it? Should I go back and reread it? Surely a thread (STR Feedback Thread) that has so many replies and so much hate behind it as well as the most recent update to "fix" heroic only raid rewards for STR would garner some attention in a Road Ahead thread. Surely they would address this as opposed to keeping silent on it. Also there must be mention somewhere in here about the ship 2.0 update that is so RNG reliant. They must have mentioned something about this. Everyone wait here while i go back and read it again.

Here's an idea:. Play the game better, and earn heroic rewards. Stop whining about lack of compensation for being subpar. You're lucky they even let you play at lower tiers.

Wow, you're a gem. Personal anecdote: I'm a very well organized FTP player. I started playing in December. I've got all legendaries but JTR done and will get her next time, and a month later I'll have finished farming Chex Mix and NS to be 100% HSTR ready. 10 months to go from zero to HSTR seems like a pretty good "get gud" timeframe without spending money, yeah? But the gear slog is genuinely painful, and on top of that, I really hate the idea of leaving my guild just to do HSTR. I don't understand why the devs created a guild-breaking raid and are doing NOTHING to compensate for it. Other games would bring newer or weaker players up to speed; this one just pushes them down until they quit out of frustration. But yeah, we're "lucky" they let us play.
    Post edited by nobodyfromjakku on
  • catnip wrote: »
    In the future, as you level a mod up to level 15, you will reveal all four secondary stats.

By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod before spending anything on it.

@CG_SBCrumb Could we get some clarification on the above sentences please? They seem contradictory, one says we'll have to level up a mod to see its secondary stats and the other that we'll be able to see them without leveling up.

+1

• Guys, I think you’re being conned here. It’s another cash grab. When EA says “we’ve listened to your feedback” it means “we didn’t listen and here’s another cash grab which we will pretend is what you wanted”. When EA says “mods are too complicated” they mean they’re going to make them even more complicated by adding extra tiers, and you’ll have to pay for that. It’s 6-dot mods and, worse than that, they will reduce the value of all the mods you already bought by bringing out better ones.

That’s what it sounds like to me. How does it read to you?

I believe you’re being conned and you don’t even see it because you only read the bit about new toons from an old game that was a lot better than this one, and you only had to pay for once.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Revan will be light side and will require a marquis meetra surik........
  • CG_SBCrumb

@CG_SBCrumb -- can you clarify what this means? So for a gray mod, I'll see all the secondaries before leveling it?
    No, this is in regards to improving the secondaries with slicing.

Right now in the game, there is a chance when you level up a mod that it increases the stats of secondary you already have revealed or it will reveal another secondary stat (given that it hasn't reached the maximum number of secondaries).

With the new system, you will first unlock each secondary stat on a mod before having a chance to increase an existing secondary stat.

Why is this important for determining which mods you want to slice and completely max out? You might not know all the secondaries even if you level the mod to 15 with the current system.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Revan will be light side and will require a marquis meetra surik........

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I imagine they will use revenge for both light and dark. In a way that luke has an attack and a defense mode. Where he can use synergy wherever you want him
  • Will you be adding in a way to see all the stats a "Set" will have independently?
  • WenHandel wrote: »
    Guys, I think you’re being conned here. It’s another cash grab. When EA says “we’ve listened to your feedback” it means “we didn’t listen and here’s another cash grab which we will pretend is what you wanted”. When EA says “mods are too complicated” they mean they’re going to make them even more complicated by adding extra tiers, and you’ll have to pay for that. It’s 6-dot mods and, worse than that, they will reduce the value of all the mods you already bought by bringing out better ones.

That’s what it sounds like to me. How does it read to you?

I believe you’re being conned and you don’t even see it because you only read the bit about new toons from an old game that was a lot better than this one, and you only had to pay for once.

On one hand, being able to group, name and switch mod sets easily is something we have been asking for since the dawn of mods. Good thing.

On the other hand, CG decided to "whack it up" by involving yet another layer of rng to a mod system that already has like, 9 layers of rng already. Bad thing.

Its just like TW ties, where the solution to the problem is one step yet they feel the need to over complicate things.

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Man I have to read up on this or watch some Rebels and Clone Wars. I started Rebels a little while ago. I have no idea who most of these new characters are.
  • By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod BEFORE spending anything on it.

Now THAT would be great, and help a little with the credit crunch, knowing a mod will be junk before spending hard to come by cash on it. The other changes sound like they should be okay too (like improving mods by slicing) and of course we are dying to have a management system for sure. Having an extra Catina bonus energy time at minimum, would help a lot with the new features since slicing will require even more energy to spent than before (where we already do not have enough)

New toons sound great

Things that need fixing ASAP BADLY:

STR Raid tiers 1 - 6 need rewards buffed so it is worth spending time on.

Ship challenges and Cap ship challenges are WAY too hard in 2.0 and need to be toned down. I have 110K power squad that can't even pass the tier TWO credit challenge, training droif challenge, or acquire Moff Cap ship at 5*.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Jolee, Bastila and company! :D:D:D:D

Revan won't be far behind in this pace.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And suddenly my hate and despair over ships 2.0 and the sith raids disappears.

BASTILA AND T3.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Edit: Though thinking about it, as much as I want these, like really want these 2, the stupid way new heroes are released through marquee which requires up to 300$+(I'm Aussie, so more) per character to max out, sucks too much for me.

If they were released like before, when a new toon came out right into a cantina node, that'd be awesome. Those han solo movie characters each having been released marque was terrible.