The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I am happy. Jolee Bindo is probably one of the coolest Jedi ever! His grandpa stories were always interesting to hear.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Jolee, Bastila and company! :D:D:D:D

Revan won't be far behind in this pace.

Revan is likely going to be a Hero's Journey using these characters.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Man I have to read up on this or watch some Rebels and Clone Wars. I started Rebels a little while ago. I have no idea who most of these new characters are.

These characters are from the Knights of the Old Republic games. Not from Rebels or Clone Wars.
  • Raptor13 wrote: »
    Really we get freaking Jolee and not Juhani?

Easier to put a little salt and pepper on Mace's model than to create a whole new, Cathar character model. "Suddenly, I felt as if thousands of furries cried out in agony..."
  • Wait, so we are getting another Wookiee that isn’t OT Chewbacca...?
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Man I have to read up on this or watch some Rebels and Clone Wars. I started Rebels a little while ago. I have no idea who most of these new characters are.

@Mr_Sausage play the game if you have the time. They are like 3 dollars on steam so they are pretty affordable but its the time commitment thats tough. They are 30+ hour games. YouTube has plenty of dedicated videos to the story though with character dives if times an issue.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod before spending anything on it.

@CG_SBCrumb -- can you clarify what this means? So for a gray mod, I'll see all the secondaries before leveling it?
    No, this is in regards to improving the secondaries with slicing.

Right now in the game, there is a chance when you level up a mod that it increases the stats of secondary you already have revealed or it will reveal another secondary stat (given that it hasn't reached the maximum number of secondaries).

With the new system, you will first unlock each secondary stat on a mod before having a chance to increase an existing secondary stat.

Why is this important for determining which mods you want to slice and completely max out? You might not know all the secondaries even if you level the mod to 15 with the current system.

So if I get a blue mod, it has 2 secondaries already. Currently, at levels 3 and 6 one of those two will upgrade. At 9 and 12, the new secondaries will appear. Now, you're saying that for that mod, at levels 3 and 6 the new secondaries will appear and then at 9 and 12 one of four will upgrade?

Also, the last part of your response doesn't quite make sense. Under the current system, by level 12 I know all of the secondaries.
    By revealing the secondary stats prior to leveling up the secondary stats, we’re trying to give players the choice whether they want to invest in a mod before spending anything on it.

@CG_SBCrumb -- can you clarify what this means? So for a gray mod, I'll see all the secondaries before leveling it?

Right now in the game, there is a chance when you level up a mod that it increases the stats of secondary you already have revealed or it will reveal another secondary stat (given that it hasn't reached the maximum number of secondaries).

With the new system, you will first unlock each secondary stat on a mod before having a chance to increase an existing secondary stat.

Why is this important for determining which mods you want to slice and completely max out? You might not know all the secondaries even if you level the mod to 15 with the current system.

Are you essentially just saying that instead of leveling up mods to increase/reveal new secondaries, now you have to use more gear/loot/salvage pieces in order to unlock them?

In other words, mod secondaries are locked behind the slicing system and can only be activated through use of these new salvage pieces?

So if I get a blue mod, it has 2 secondaries already. Currently, at levels 3 and 6 one of those two will upgrade. At 9 and 12, the new secondaries will appear. Now, you're saying that for that mod, at levels 3 and 6 the new secondaries will appear and then at 9 and 12 one of four will upgrade?

Also, the last part of your response doesn't quite make sense. Under the current system, by level 12 I know all of the secondaries.

I have a feeling they know less about mods than me. Which wouldn't surprise me.
  • Wycross
    53 posts Member
    I have a bad feeling about this...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Wait, so we are getting another Wookiee that isn’t OT Chewbacca...?
    This wookiee is better

• Your existing mods will be trash and you’ll have to pay all over again for new ones. That’s how I read it.

Sure, you can get excited that new mods will be so much better than what you have. That’s another perspective.

I think that's exactly what he's saying. Which makes it less likely those mods will be valuable. If it's a green with speed, you can spend to lvl 3 to guarantee a single upgrade. A blue you can spend to lvl 6 and hope for two. Both with better odds and less investment than this new system.

I guess conversely, it increases purple without speed value... Upgrade to lvl 3 and see if speed is added, if it is then go to 12 and hope for a few additional upgrades. A blue without speed can get lvl 6 and see if speed adds. So it had pluses and minuses
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Or you can say we're getting a character who isn't in the game rather than another version of a character who's already in the game three times.
    Still not a he.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Or you can say we're getting a character who isn't in the game rather than another version of a character who's already in the game three times.

And I’m sure he will be better than all the Chewbaccas we currently have. Seems right.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Don't forget juhani
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Revan will be light side and will require a marquis meetra surik........

All the toons announced today make far more sense than the exile as far as possible requirements for revan
  • If they do a Heroes journey then Revan will be light side, but if it's a legendary he'll be dark side. With the exception of GMY, you use a team to get a legendary character of the opposite side. FO for BB8, rebs for Palp, Empire for R2, etc etc.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Don't forget juhani

She is technically an optional party member so not surprised she did not make the cut.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Jolee, Bastila and company! :D:D:D:D

Revan won't be far behind in this pace.

Revan is likely going to be a Hero's Journey using these characters.

I would also HK-47 and T3.
    I am just excited to get some new Jedi chars. We all know how bad the faction is apart from a few toons (like the Yodas and Kenobis).

Are you essentially just saying that instead of leveling up mods to increase/reveal new secondaries, now you have to use more gear/loot/salvage pieces in order to unlock them?

In other words, mod secondaries are locked behind the slicing system and can only be activated through use of these new salvage pieces?

All slicing does is allow you upgrade white, green, blue, and purple mods to gold. Gold mods won't be affected by slicing at all.
    I can't believe we missed that! Doh!

I can't believe the Community Manager is posting in a thread.

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Yeah did she ever take 5 minutes to respond to the G12 HSR gear reward shaft we got for ranks 11-50?

Don't care about any of this
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I feel like I understood mods just fine before today.

Now I have no clue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Mods management is cool. That is definitely something the player-base has all been asking for. You know what else the player-base has been asking for? Fix the Sith Triumverate Raid (or just get rid of it completely). Why are y'all working on new stuff, when one of the biggest new features of the year is a big old failure?
    This, but no. Sith raid is cool, just get the right characters and it's no problem. If you dont have them get your guild focused on grinding them. The Yoda rework just made it easy.
  • I hate these additions to the game, these characters are unknowns and they don't need to be in this game. Yes the old republic content is very popular within the SW community but I don't think mixing eras like that is good for the game. It creates a strange situation where all these unfamiliar characters are invading our space and being mixed with our familiar characters. Even if you created them in such fashion that their synergy would not allow them to be viable without one another, I still think people will still find uses for them in various squads.

I think the old republic characters don't belong in this game they same way a samurai warrior wouldn't belong in a call of duty... I just don't like this mixup when there's so much more to do, like for example rework the already terrible Jedi that we have in the game who don't deserve being this bad (Windu, Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo, Fisto)

Yeah I know there isn't much money involved in reworking characters who have existed for many years as opposed to releasing brand new characters, but at the same time you keep choosing the sacrificing of quality for the sake of quantity and that's just a recipe for problems.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's a holotable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Leafty91 wrote: »
    I hate these additions to the game, these characters are unknowns and they don't need to be in this game. Yes the old republic content is very popular within the SW community but I don't think mixing eras like that is good for the game. It creates a strange situation where all these unfamiliar characters are invading our space and being mixed with our familiar characters. Even if you created them in such fashion that their synergy would not allow them to be viable without one another, I still think people will still find uses for them in various squads.

I think the old republic characters don't belong in this game they same way a samurai warrior wouldn't belong in a call of duty... I just don't like this mixup when there's so much more to do, like for example rework the already terrible Jedi that we have in the game who don't deserve being this bad (Windu, Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo, Fisto)

Yeah I know there isn't much money involved in reworking characters who have existed for many years as opposed to releasing brand new characters, but at the same time you keep choosing the sacrificing of quality for the sake of quantity and that's just a recipe for problems.

Agree to disagree, star wars characters belong in a star wars game. I will take all the old republic characters I can get. By you theory, no jedi except Luke should be with the resistance/fo era as they never shared the screen and were separated by several decades as well.
  • So with the new mod system, slicing is the only way to increase secondaries? Leveling mods to 15 only reveals the secondaries? /confused