The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Just laying the ground work for seven star mods.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    current system you upgrade stat 1 and 2 at 3 and 6, then unlock the other stats at 9 and 12.

Most of the time, but not always. I've had enough green mods with 5 speed that develop into gold mods still with 5 speed but now with 400 Protection to know, first hand, that just often enough to be annoying the game will give you a new secondary stat at level 3 instead of upgrading the one that's already there.

This is literally not possible. A green mod will always upgrade its existing secondary stat at level 3. You have not been paying close attention.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    A blue mod, which starts with two secondary stats, could upgrade the other stat twice (levels 3 and 6) and never upgrade speed. But a green mod will ALWAYS upgrade the default secondary stat at level 3.
  • I hope you all know what your doing when you start changing anything to do with mods. If I lose any for whatever reason, the world will end.just so you know.
  • I don't see the point reverting colors.
    Once I level a mod to 12 it's irrelevant.
    I either choose to keep the mod because it has a set of secondaries that pleases me, even if not huge ones, either I sell it. It doesn't matter if it was grey, blue, purple or gold. The grind will remain the same. As RNG.
    Green or grey mods might be better in certain conditions than gold ones.

This will only bring more confusion making the feeling that grey mod isn't upgraded.

If you have never heard or using swgoh gg you are doing it terribly wrong.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    oh yes-yes-yes, Kotor characters =3
    P.S. I hope devs didn't forget that Karth Onasi piloted The Ebon Hawk and Kanderous Ordo played a major part in Mandalorian Wars
  • Aramil66
    24 posts Member
    Why is everyone looking this from other way around?
    Say you have 10 (or 8 or 9) secondary speed green base mod on a toon (do you have dozens? A hundred?) You will have three chances on your way to orange to increase speed or make other stats better with same speed.
    Slicing will decrease rng it seems. It will erase some of bad rng (with getting grey/green mods instead of purple/orange mods) you experienced in the past with already farmed (and leveled and equipped) mods, while also potentially making every grey mod you farm an orange one.
    Everything seems great on paper imo.
    And I aggre it seems like preparation for 6dot mods. They wont be farmable but buildable from orange maxed 5 dot mods maybe? I hope so.
  • Been anticipating that Jolee Bindo was coming to the game for sometime now.
    Thanks CG
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    When the road ahead doesn’t mention anything about the Sith raid
    p5tps1a67fpq.gif
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Two words, EA: CROSS PLATFORM.

I want to lie in bed at night and play GOH on my iPad.
    I want to go to play on my iPhone on my lunch break.
    I want to sit at my computer and play on BlueStacks.

I can't. Because YOU can't.

How is it possible that a publisher as large as EA has not figured this out, while a much smaller developer (Foxnext) has figured this out for Marvel Strike Force.

IT. IS. INEXCUSABLE. Why isn't THIS on your "Road Ahead"?!?

What are you talking about? I do this every day...!
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Divide one current service into two so you could charge us twice or more with the slicing feature.

I think this is a very bad plan for the game and it’s players: simply speaking, level & slicing is a system that will charge twice comparing to current level up, and don’t forget we need to farm salvages for slicing, which is going to make upgrading mods more expensive and time consuming, same as the current fleet arena, reducing each battle from 8m to 5m, but we need to fight two even three times more battles to earn similar rewards.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Aramil66 wrote: »
    Say you have 10 (or 8 or 9) secondary speed green base mod on a toon (do you have dozens? A hundred?) You will have three chances on your way to orange to increase speed or make other stats better with same speed.
    Slicing will decrease rng it seems. It will erase some of bad rng (with getting grey/green mods instead of purple/orange mods) you experienced in the past with already farmed (and leveled and equipped) mods, while also potentially making every grey mod you farm an orange one.
    And I aggre it seems like preparation for 6dot mods. They wont be farmable but buildable from orange maxed 5 dot mods maybe? I hope so.

Firstly, the current one level up process is going to be divided into two separate processes, more time consuming and even more costly; second, slicing only randomly increase a status, better RNG? Then why don’t they just tell us to make everyone happy; last, we need to farm pieces of salvage from mods battle to do slicing p, more time consuming and more expensive (require to spend energy) for sure.

How can you be so optimistic? Wake up, mate!
  • Entreri
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Two important questions:

1: Okey so leveling a Gray Mod from 1 to 15 will show us all 4 secondaries stats and increase primary stat. Thats clear. But what if we drop Gold Mod which have already all 4 secondaries revealed, what leveling its gonna do is upgrading primary stat for almost 0,5kk and thats all?
    And then we need to spend new resource(which drop at random for cantina energy) to upgrading that stats(again at random)?

Please clarify. Did I get this right? If I do, I'm terrified...

2: Salvages for slicing will drop in Mod Battles. Mod Battles cost cantina energy which all of us are lack of because of characters shards farm. Are you gonna do anything with amount of cantina energy intake?

@CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Another excellent update. Mod help.... so badly needed!

The toons? Bastilla?!?! battle meditation and she has the double bladed yellow light saber, a first double bladed light sider in the game?.... cannot wait. I am gonna whale out on both toons as for once I will be ready for them!

Bastilla has gotta be a legendary toon as she has her battle meditation and she helps in the fight against revan to turn him to the light and she is considered one of the best.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    current system you upgrade stat 1 and 2 at 3 and 6, then unlock the other stats at 9 and 12.

Most of the time, but not always. I've had enough green mods with 5 speed that develop into gold mods still with 5 speed but now with 400 Protection to know, first hand, that just often enough to be annoying the game will give you a new secondary stat at level 3 instead of upgrading the one that's already there.

I’m sure others have called you on this, but...

Pics or it didn’t happen.

I flat out do not believe you. This has never happened to me. And judging by our .gg accounts I reckon we have pretty similar playing time on the game.
  • Aramil66
    24 posts Member
    My understanding, a grey mod can be sliced 4 times, green 3 times, blue 2 times, purple 1 time and orange cant be sliced. For orange mods nothing will change.

Energy is certainly a concern and must be adressed. Lets hope there is a plan for it.

Costly is very relative term. If I spend 3 refreshes and gain zero useful mods (which almost always happens currently) this is costly. If I spend same gems and get enough mats to upgrade a single arena mod via slicing this is much more rewarding.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    More Jedi to bring balance in the galaxy ... Happy I am.
  • Great news, excited for Kotor toons and mod management (maybe the update could also alleviate the strain on credits to buy/equip/level these things too?). Very interested to see if we get our first toons that are both/neither light side and dark side.

Also, I will totally whale out on bastilla if her battle meditation is a unique that reads "as long as Bastilla is in your collection, Darth Nihilus has -70% health in the Sith Triumvirate Raid"
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Entreri wrote: »
    Two important questions:

1: Okey so leveling a Gray Mod from 1 to 15 will show us all 4 secondaries stats and increase primary stat. Thats clear. But what if we drop Gold Mod which have already all 4 secondaries revealed, what leveling its gonna do is upgrading primary stat for almost 0,5kk and thats all?
    And then we need to spend new resource(which drop at random for cantina energy) to upgrading that stats(again at random)?

Please clarify. Did I get this right? If I do, I'm terrified...

2: Salvages for slicing will drop in Mod Battles. Mod Battles cost cantina energy which all of us are lack of because of characters shards farm. Are you gonna do anything with amount of cantina energy intake?

@CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie

As for one, I explained that, its basically going to be like how gold mods are currently. Everything will become a gold mod first, and then four random stats will be increased. Either splicing or levelling leads to the same outcome. At least, that's what I got from it all.

I do hope they give us more cantina energy though, something to counter balance all this
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »

Firstly, the current one level up process is going to be divided into two separate processes, more time consuming and even more costly; second, slicing only randomly increase a status, better RNG? Then why don’t they just tell us to make everyone happy; last, we need to farm pieces of salvage from mods battle to do slicing p, more time consuming and more expensive (require to spend energy) for sure.

From someone who has been farming mods since day one of its release and is still farming today (i’ve ignored some toonslike aayla etc), i can tell u that u can’t be more wrong.

For example, if u have a 5-dot E mod, the update will now show u what secondaries u will have when u upgrade it to lvl12. So assuming u need a mod with speed secondary (lol who doesn’t), u now can guarantee that your mod WILL have speed secondary when upgraded.

Next up is whether u need that speed secondary upgraded further, here’s where slicing comes in. It is optional, but definitely u can get a better mod if u slice. Perhaps this is not “better” rng, but instead it gives u more rolls, which may translate to a 20+ speed secondary. After all, if u buy the lottery every single time u will probably eventually win something.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

And here’s why i doubt u know what u are talking about over at the ships thread, because u obviously don’t know what u are talking about for mods.

If it starts as a green mod, it will DEFINITELY upgrade the one and only secondary stat it has. Period. This is one of the reasons why i like getting green mods with speed secondaries - they will always have speed upgraded and will be useful for those spare toons.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Why is this important for determining which mods you want to slice and completely max out? You might not know all the secondaries even if you level the mod to 15 with the current system.

I don't understand this. If a mod is leveled to 15 with the current system you always have all the secondaries revealed so how could you not know what secondaries a mod has when it is leveled to 15?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Edward wrote: »

From someone who has been farming mods since day one of its release and is still farming today (i’ve ignored some toonslike aayla etc), i can tell u that u can’t be more wrong.

For example, if u have a 5-dot E mod, the update will now show u what secondaries u will have when u upgrade it to lvl12. So assuming u need a mod with speed secondary (lol who doesn’t), u now can guarantee that your mod WILL have speed secondary when upgraded.

Next up is whether u need that speed secondary upgraded further, here’s where slicing comes in. It is optional, but definitely u can get a better mod if u slice. Perhaps this is not “better” rng, but instead it gives u more rolls, which may translate to a 20+ speed secondary. After all, if u buy the lottery every single time u will probably eventually win something.

Hi, not sure what you mean I couldn’t be more wrong, I only buy mods from mods store, all come with a speed, primary or secondary, I stoped farming mods for a very long time, now I have 530+ mods with speed and I have been replacing those without speed or low speed and other low secondary or primary continuously.

Secondly, for E mods which I don’t usually get except from some events, I usually roll them to 9 or max 12, it only costs 90k to 120k, a little over 20% of the total cost to lv15, to know whether I want to spend and level them further.

Last, the current process is simple and working very well for me, I don’t want to spend extra time to do slicing — farming salvage pieces from mods battle which only randomly increase a status, drop rate RNG x speed status increase RNG, let’s do a simple math, what does 0.01*0.05=?, 0.0005, significantly lower than either decimal when two decimal multiply, neither do I have time or energy for that.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Elext wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a new tag for the old republic characters or will they be tossed into galactic republic? Or possibly just light side?
    If I had to guess, Jolee and Bastilla will be light side Jedi, Zalbaar will be dark side Scoundrel, Mission will be light side Scoundrel, and T3-M4 will be light side Droid. Which gives all of them a usable tag.

Zalbaar should be light side, perhaps you are thinking about Hanharr from kotor2? That twisted one is definitely dark side.
  • Aramil66 wrote: »
    If I spend 3 refreshes and gain zero useful mods (which almost always happens currently) this is costly. If I spend same gems and get enough mats to upgrade a single arena mod via slicing this is much more rewarding.

Yes, if I only had 5 crystals for every-time I threw away 300 and got nada, frustrating and depressing the drop rate is for mods. I'm hoping and waiting with baited breath that slicing and actually seeing secondaries before spending will help in this regard, but without more clarity hard to know for sure, and seeing how things are around here lately, I am also thinking......"It's a trap"!!

• Another excellent update. Mod help.... so badly needed!

The toons? Bastilla?!?! battle meditation and she has the double bladed yellow light saber, a first double bladed light sider in the game?.... cannot wait. I am gonna whale out on both toons as for once I will be ready for them!

Bastilla has gotta be a legendary toon as she has her battle meditation and she helps in the fight against revan to turn him to the light and she is considered one of the best.

Jedi guardian has a double yellow lightsaber
  • Cannot wait for this update! Finally KotOR characters! I hope Bastila and Jolee will give a serious power for the Jedi faction
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    When the road ahead doesn’t mention anything about the Sith raid
    p5tps1a67fpq.gif

why would they mention the sith raid?
    Another excellent update. Mod help.... so badly needed!

Jedi guardian has a double yellow lightsaber

good point... I completely forgot about her lol