Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• New road ahead post and the broken STR wasn’t even mentioned
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Just read the "Road Ahead" post. Love how they talk up the February QOL update while ignoring that this was released a couple weeks later and has become the worst QOL part of the game we've seen.
  • To be perfectly honest, I, and most of the folks in my guild, would be happier if they just removed the Sith Raid entirely. It's a chore, everybody hates having to do it, and it's harder and harder to motivate players to do it at all. The only reason some of us keep doing it at all is that we know other guilds are slogging through it, so we have to do it, too, to keep from falling behind. But, the rewards are so poor that we're probably not really missing out on much, when you really stop to think about it. I know for a fact that player motivation within our guild was much higher before the launch of the Sith Raid than it has been in the months afterward. Isn't that enough to just call this new game mode a big old failure?

I get that admitting that will bruise a few egos. I'm sure that a lot of folks worked really hard for a long time putting this whole thing together. But that doesn't really change the fact that the whole thing has been a big old dropped ball. I really do imagine that the vast majority of players, especially after poring through this thread and the several others on the topic here and on Reddit, would be relieved if the whole raid were dropped from the game, and CG came up with some other way to dole out Traya shards and G12+ pieces.

V

Edit to tag @CG_Carrie and @CG_SBCrumb

Yes this raid is almost universally hated, the worst part of the game by far, closely followed by ships, though...

They really do not need to trash it, they just need some simple fixes, and those fixes are SO easy to implement, too, it is just frustrating they want to turn a blind eye to this for some reason. At minimum, just make the rewards match the bluddy effort (and remove the challenge gear!), and make the reward tier differentiation a little greater and more like AAT so it is worth fighting from position 24 to 13 etc. Literally that alone, 10 - 30 mins of admin work behind the scenes, would go a LONNGGGGG way to fixing the issue and at least reward people with something worthwhile for their efforts for tiers 1-6.
  • To be perfectly honest, I, and most of the folks in my guild, would be happier if they just removed the Sith Raid entirely. It's a chore, everybody hates having to do it, and it's harder and harder to motivate players to do it at all. The only reason some of us keep doing it at all is that we know other guilds are slogging through it, so we have to do it, too, to keep from falling behind. But, the rewards are so poor that we're probably not really missing out on much, when you really stop to think about it. I know for a fact that player motivation within our guild was much higher before the launch of the Sith Raid than it has been in the months afterward. Isn't that enough to just call this new game mode a big old failure?

I get that admitting that will bruise a few egos. I'm sure that a lot of folks worked really hard for a long time putting this whole thing together. But that doesn't really change the fact that the whole thing has been a big old dropped ball. I really do imagine that the vast majority of players, especially after poring through this thread and the several others on the topic here and on Reddit, would be relieved if the whole raid were dropped from the game, and CG came up with some other way to dole out Traya shards and G12+ pieces.

V

Edit to tag @CG_Carrie and @CG_SBCrumb

Yes this raid is almost universally hated, the worst part of the game by far, closely followed by ships, though...

They really do not need to trash it, they just need some simple fixes, and those fixes are SO easy to implement, too, it is just frustrating they want to turn a blind eye to this for some reason. At minimum, just make the rewards match the bluddy effort (and remove the challenge gear!), and make the reward tier differentiation a little greater and more like AAT so it is worth fighting from position 24 to 13 etc. Literally that alone, 10 - 30 mins of admin work behind the scenes, would go a LONNGGGGG way to fixing the issue and at least reward people with something worthwhile for their efforts for tiers 1-6.

Nah they just need to trash it.
  • 37?? Woo. And even after July road ahead, NOTHING about this dump truck raid known STR. If whales stopped spending money, then they would have to listen. Whales feed them.
    So come on all whales. Unite with us to end tyranny!
  • We know you're at work today @CG_SBCrumb , you've posted three or four times in the new Road Ahead thread. Maybe you could come over here and spend some responding to all of the feedback that you asked for?

• IronCross
    934 posts Member
    It’s sad to see the decline of the quality that is going on around here. This was really a fun game but I’m afraid the life cycle is only about another year left. I don’t see a how they will attract new players to this game in the future. Transitioning to FTP...
  • IronCross wrote: »
    It’s sad to see the decline of the quality that is going on around here. This was really a fun game but I’m afraid the life cycle is only about another year left. I don’t see a how they will attract new players to this game in the future. Transitioning to FTP...

It reminds me of Konami with SWFC where they started ramping up the money grab before they announced the sunset.

Myself and a "few" others, 49 in my guild(I'm sure more of the top 15 alliances migrated as well) are coming from there(where we'd all spent an embarrassing amount of money), and while we're still all spending now, it's definitely less than we would if we were actually getting rewards that were decent from STR.

We're running HPit & Haat already, but still running tier 2 of STR, and despite all the JTR & CLS we picked up recently, it's not making it any easier or more worthwhile, because it just drops hot garbage at all levels except heroic(where it drops Traya shards as well as slightly less hot garbage).

How do you expect new players to grow into whales for you when you've presented us with a completely demoralizing raid that's absolutely worthless to run?
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • This thread sounds like an oplympic sized nursery filled with crying babies
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    I left for a good while, probably a year and AAT was released while i was away. How did the release of that go compared to the crap that is STR?
  • That's a good question. Was it as badly received?
  • This still going?

Wow.

I'm not that surprised, since the average guild is stuck between 4 and 5 and the rewards don't justify the time spent. What does surprise me, is that there is this much backlash towards the sith raid and nothing has been done or said.
  • Gets mod management. STR issues totally ignored.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    That's a good question. Was it as badly received?

Initially it was poorly received because the health pool was pretty crazy and their were only two tiers.

It wasn't as bad as this though and they were pretty quick to change AAT whereas they've done nothing of any significance to Sith Raid other than nerfing.
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    The health pools even in t4/5 of STR are insane, each boss has close to 100m if not more? And the tenacity stacking is just pure frustrating, what's the point if bosses just resist everything you throw at them?! I used to play WoW, of courses your debuffs affected them. Not like this rubbish.
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    Thrawn is my only toon who consistently applies something
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    daws901 wrote: »

@daws901 Does he have super high potency?

Debuffs can be successful in T4/T5 (I know, that's what we run). You just need high potency and good timing. The stacking tenacity resets after they take a turn, so only try to apply the debuffs your first move after they take a move. I run a DOT squad (zader, Boba, Nihilus, Sidious, and Shaman) and I time my DOT attacks that way as much as possible. In T4 I've gotten upwards of 20 DOTs to stick. In T5 it's harder because their base tenacity is higher, but I've gotten 7 DOTs to stick. You just need good strategy and some RNG luck.

Also keep in mind P3 is very difficult to do this in, because Traya gains 10% stacking tenacity each time an ally dies, and that doesn't reset. So on your first topple it's 30%, second topple it's 60%, third topple forget it.

Also be aware that at higher tiers the base tenacity is so high that this just stops working. I'm no longer investing in my DOT team for this reason.

The key to this raid is understanding the mechanics and developing the right teams for it. My frustration level went way down once I learned these things, and I really enjoy it now. It's a puzzle, a difficult one for sure, but not an unbeatable one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    That's a good question. Was it as badly received?

Initially it was poorly received because the health pool was pretty crazy and their were only two tiers.

It wasn't as bad as this though and they were pretty quick to change AAT whereas they've done nothing of any significance to Sith Raid other than nerfing.

Well, there is also a major difference between the reward structure of HAAT and HSith. In HSith only the top can drop full g12+ pieces. In HAAT, it was possible for someone finishing, say, 32nd to drop a full piece. The guaranteed salvage amounts and other gear are also much more top heavy in HSith than in HAAT.

That's where the frustration lies for the long-time players in strong guilds. You have people who have 3+ million GP doing 8 million+ damage in HSith getting garbage rewards, because they can't crack the top 10 (either due to bad RNG, they miss a certain phase due to real life, they are in a guild with several whales, they don't have an hour+ to keep retrying over and over, etc.)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Debuffs can be successful in T4/T5 (I know, that's what we run). You just need high potency and good timing. The stacking tenacity resets after they take a turn, so only try to apply the debuffs your first move after they take a move. I run a DOT squad (zader, Boba, Nihilus, Sidious, and Shaman) and I time my DOT attacks that way as much as possible. In T4 I've gotten upwards of 20 DOTs to stick. In T5 it's harder because their base tenacity is higher, but I've gotten 7 DOTs to stick. You just need good strategy and some RNG luck.

Also keep in mind P3 is very difficult to do this in, because Traya gains 10% stacking tenacity each time an ally dies, and that doesn't reset. So on your first topple it's 30%, second topple it's 60%, third topple forget it.

Also be aware that at higher tiers the base tenacity is so high that this just stops working. I'm no longer investing in my DOT team for this reason.

The key to this raid is understanding the mechanics and developing the right teams for it. My frustration level went way down once I learned these things, and I really enjoy it now. It's a puzzle, a difficult one for sure, but not an unbeatable one.

He does not have massively higher levels ofpotency than other toons I run. But he does have a specific Boss rebuff... where the effect changes depending on whether it is a boss or not and I think it is that , that enables him to stick it on bosses where other toons can't. It doesn't matter when he attacks , defence down always gets applies
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Just one tidbit of feedback that will be either be ignored or not seen:

I play this game to play the game. CG, on the other hand, seems to be under the impression that not getting turns and passively watching my whole team get destroyed is "fun."

Please fix Traya in p4.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

He does not have massively higher levels ofpotency than other toons I run. But he does have a specific Boss rebuff... where the effect changes depending on whether it is a boss or not and I think it is that , that enables him to stick it on bosses where other toons can't. It doesn't matter when he attacks , defence down always gets applies

This goes back to one of the things I said - the key to this raid is understanding the mechanics. In this case, you need to look at Thrawn's kit. Here's his basic:
    Characters: Deal Special damage to target enemy, grant them Speed Up for 1 turn, or if they already had Ability Block, inflict Stun for 1 turn instead. When this Speed Up expires, inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. These effects can't be Resisted. Raid Bosses: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Seems that my last post wasn’t saved properly. Or was removed. Don’t know why since all I did was ping @CG_SBCrumb since he asked to be when there was an issue that required his attention
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    I can't help to keep looking at this forum once a week (spent 2+ years doing it) even though I dumped this sinking ship. As I said this once before. "Hmmm well can't say the names but you know who I'm talking about" is corporated so they have to have these said questions and or comments as showing investors that they are doing their part. It's basic corporate strategy, they don't have to answer you back.

Once this said game was bought and made corporate, everything went out the window. This small little game is no longer controlled by devs. Even though their designs seem massively flawed, they can't do anything without corporate's yay or nay. In the beginning of launch lots of us just thought "well this game won't go past 3 years" as it seems it's going that way. They will make all these new toons as a marquee cash grab and push as much rage spending as they can and well can't say it but you know where I'm going with this.

Had to watch my words as I've been warned to not speak my mind on this forum lol. This will most likely be deleted but maybe some new players will get to read this so they won't make the same mistakes we made.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Seems that my last post wasn’t saved properly. Or was removed. Don’t know why since all I did was ping @CG_SBCrumb since he asked to be when there was an issue that required his attention

I’m gonna bet money that this thread will never be responded to by anyone associated with EA or CG again, but they’re letting us keep it as our venting area. The fact that the STR wasn’t even mentioned once in the road ahead post was disheartening. Still not really sure why Crumb started this thread in the first place
  • dabr0l1
    31 posts Member
    Maybe we should just vote in our own community manager? I mean he/she would provide as much insight as our current one.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    dabr0l1 wrote: »
    Maybe we should just vote in our own community manager? I mean he/she would provide as much insight as our current one.

Let's take it easy on Crumb. He's trying to do his job I presume. I also presume that his hands are tied. As I've said, it's fairly obvious the direction of the game has shifted. As such, it makes sense that the person who interfaces with the community has some fairly strict guidelines as to what he is allowed to say and address and what he's not. If CG/EA have decided that he can't respond to player feedback regarding the STR or it's rewards, then he can't. Period.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Well, the community will just keep up the pressure until something is said, if it ever will be. The frustration will only grow.
  • dabr0l1
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Let's take it easy on Crumb. He's trying to do his job I presume. I also presume that his hands are tied. As I've said, it's fairly obvious the direction of the game has shifted. As such, it makes sense that the person who interfaces with the community has some fairly strict guidelines as to what he is allowed to say and address and what he's not. If CG/EA have decided that he can't respond to player feedback regarding the STR or it's rewards, then he can't. Period.

Please let me have my opinion of him. I do not rationalize your thought process, so please let me have mine. Everyone of the devs can come say something to calm the tide. To me he is a waste of resources. I will stand by that until he does something significant.

They once said would you rather have new content or the 600 ticket bug fixed. They could say: "We get it you don't like the raid but it is what it is and while there may be struggle help is on the way. New toons will help reduce the burden. Stay with us. We see the big picture. But they haven't any word on what the basis for design was. Why we either spend 45 mins to an hour looking for th perfect run or post a zero and go on our way.

I would like to see a shift away from the gamechangers to something substantial in a way of communication. I love Ahnald and Mobile gamer but let's face it they aren't competitive and don't see things the way many of us do because they get everything maxxed on their dev accounts.

Open the beta testers to people who actually will provide feedback. Not the mighty mighty whale gamg who tell them nothing but use the beta as a way to get ahead of the curve.

And finally take critical feedback. If you order a steak medium rare you wouldn't pat the chef on the back if he cook it well done. And they would simply replace it not hide until you left.

Thanks.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

...he started this thread
  • Zouss57
    44 posts Member
    Why ask for the opinion of people and not answer them when you have a maximum of statistics on your servers? why go out of the new content instead of retouching what does not work?
    It seems like whatever you do, you seek the revolt of the people.
    Be sure to find it. Personally I do not even expect an answer from you, nothing has changed!
This discussion has been closed.