Ability to lock individual platoons

As an officer, it’s really annoying going through platoons, checking to see which ones we can fill and which ones we can’t, going through all that work, just for people to not listen when we say not to fill a certain platoon.

I just recently became an officer. I never realized how frustrating it was. In my guild there were multiple platoons we couldn’t fill today, 3 to be exact. I made sure to tell my guildies not to fill those platoons, and even made a little command note on the platoon saying which ones to fill.

Yet in all of these platoons, players put their characters. Al the way up to 13/15 even. One of them, 14/15. The last character? Rose. 5*. No one in my guild has Rose 5* though.

My point is many of these characters were wasted. Many of them could have been used to better complete combat missions. I feel there should be a way to prevent that. There should be a way to lock each individual platoon, so that this can be prevented. Because I know I’m not the only one being ignored by their guildies, and this certainly isn’t the first time it’s happened in my guild.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Would be nice to have, but not really needed. We use banners and guild chat to give assignments for which platoons/squadrons to fill.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Would be nice to have, but not really needed. We use banners and guild chat to give assignments for which platoons/squadrons to fill.

I did that too, yet people still filled the other platoons all the way up to 13/15 and 14/15
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    I understand your point, but no toons are ever wasted in TB. Unless you're going to use the toon in a mission battle, you might as well put them in platoons in case a guildmate happens to have the "5* Rose". You get the points either way whether they're put in platoons or deployed or used in battles.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    LGuy_21 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I did that too, yet people still filled the other platoons all the way up to 13/15 and 14/15

Sounds like a guild discipline problem — not a design problem.

Oh yeah, for sure. In no way is this a design problem.
  • Jooms wrote: »
    I understand your point, but no toons are ever wasted in TB. Unless you're going to use the toon in a mission battle, you might as well put them in platoons in case a guildmate happens to have the "5* Rose". You get the points either way whether they're put in platoons or deployed or used in battles.

I say “wasted” because of cases where deploying those platooned characters into the other area could have gotten another star. So in a sense, they’re wasted.
  • LGuy_21 wrote: »

I say “wasted” because of cases where deploying those platooned characters into the other area could have gotten another star. So in a sense, they’re wasted.

Ouch! That must sting to miss a star by so small a margin.

Deploying to wrong platoons has always been a big pain for our guild. We fill the google sheet, post to discord, update the in-game map with instructions... yet every TB we’ve ever done somebody will at least once put toons in the wrong place.

What makes it worse is the follow-my-leader effect. We have a joke in our guild that we never have ONE person messing up. Someone always copies them (that said, we’re still at one person misdeploying 2 toons this time round and he instantly apologised for it).

I initially hated all the officer controls and the zone locks. Now I love them, and individual platoon locks would enhance TB, not detract from it. So I’m with you.

I still wish they’d increase the points threshold on ship zones P3 and P4 though - it’s just not right that 30/50 members of a guild can 3* a zone through combat alone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Again:
    Nice to have, but not really needed.

Again:

Is anything truly “needed”?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Again:

Nope, but something can be worked around.

Just like communication through banners and chat doesn't prevent guild members from not following your guild's strategy, locking individual platoons won't either. In the end it's a question of discipline.

Again:

Just like communication through banners and chat doesn't prevent guild members from not following your guild's strategy, locking individual platoons won't either. In the end it's a question of discipline.

No you don’t understand. I mean completely lock it. Like, the game doesn’t allow a player to place anything there.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Jooms wrote: »

They are wasted bc if the guild mate is the only one with a 5* rose and puts it in the wrong platoon now you cant get that bonus
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member

Again:

No you don’t understand. I mean completely lock it. Like, the game doesn’t allow a player to place anything there.

Some people are pressed for time and don't always read the banners
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member

Again:

As much as I'd love this I don't see a complete lockdown happening, CG seem happy with allowing people to make rogue actions.

I totally agree that being able to 'red flag' certain platoons would be a great idea. I doubt you'll find anyone who's been involved with planning TB and doesn't want this!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
    As an officer, it’s really annoying going through platoons, checking to see which ones we can fill and which ones we can’t, going through all that work, just for people to not listen when we say not to fill a certain platoon.

I just recently became an officer. I never realized how frustrating it was. In my guild there were multiple platoons we couldn’t fill today, 3 to be exact. I made sure to tell my guildies not to fill those platoons, and even made a little command note on the platoon saying which ones to fill.

Yet in all of these platoons, players put their characters. Al the way up to 13/15 even. One of them, 14/15. The last character? Rose. 5*. No one in my guild has Rose 5* though.

My point is many of these characters were wasted. Many of them could have been used to better complete combat missions. I feel there should be a way to prevent that. There should be a way to lock each individual platoon, so that this can be prevented. Because I know I’m not the only one being ignored by their guildies, and this certainly isn’t the first time it’s happened in my guild.

Would love to see it in TB
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Ability to mark specific platoons as stinkers would be most welcome.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    +1 I want this feature
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    This would be especially helpful for those guilds that have players that can't read in game chat/instructions. I used to be an officer in a guild where a couple people couldn't read platoon instructions, luckily we had most of them in a Line chat so we could save them from wasting toons, but being able to lock a platoon directly would make TB much easier to manage and far less frustrating for many officers.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    +1 would love this this and Waqui what is your problem.
  • LGuy_21
    72 posts Member
    Xcrit9 wrote: »

Again:

Some people are pressed for time and don't always read the banners

This feature would help with that. They wouldn’t have to read because they wouldn’t even have the option to put troops into platoons the officers don’t want filled.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    This would be especially helpful for those guilds that have players that can't read in game chat/instructions. I used to be an officer in a guild where a couple people couldn't read platoon instructions, luckily we had most of them in a Line chat so we could save them from wasting toons, but being able to lock a platoon directly would make TB much easier to manage and far less frustrating for many officers.

I'm the officer in my guild who keeps track and does assignments. This would be so helpful! We have a couple of people who don't speak English well so they rarely use chat. There have definitely been times where one or two misplacements meant not filling a platoon to get a tier bonus and/or star

Again:

CG devs alrdy commented that a thing like this will never be implemented.
    never they will let one person gameplay be controlled by someone else (even if for the better of the guild) hence why u have rogue actions.
    You always have the chance to do whatever u want, even if disobeying orders is what u wanna do.

So what ur asking for has alrdy been answered by a blunt "NO"

though itll be nice to have the rogue action come on individuals platoons, but not really needed tbh.
  • niko4
    41 posts Member
    +1 Would love this feature especially with the new Geo TB and crazy platoons that need to be filled!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Wouldn't it just be easier to get one Rose to 5*?
  • They probably have in the 15 months since the original post @CCyrilS
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They probably have in the 15 months since the original post @CCyrilS

Ohhh yeah. Didn't notice the necro lol