Alternative Ships 2.0 fleet

2Next

Replies

• Ipb1977 wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Ipb1977 wrote: »
    Best way I have found is silencer, tfp and fotfp. Use silencer to stun vader then finish him off with the others. Bring on vader as reinforcement use his special to stop dodge on tfp. Then finish them off. Can win most battles within 1 min that way. Took me a while to figure out but works for me.

The meta is vader tfp biggs. Even if you stun vader, it leaves 2 target lockers on the field.. Point is, you cant just 'finish them off' because youll be striking your hammer against a mountain, called Biggs Protection.

It's about speed. My fleet are all 230+ speed so get to go 1st 90% of the time. This works for me every battle. All are brat with in a minute and I am top of my league so not playing against lower teams in it.

First off, you cant have over 230 speed in fleet. No ship has that high of speed. 2nd, it's not about speed, its strategy. Understand your reinforcements, and how they synergize with your ships. I have a 90%+ win rate running mace, and I rarely go first. I'm on a day one shard going against max fleets every day
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Best way I have found is silencer, tfp and fotfp. Use silencer to stun vader then finish him off with the others. Bring on vader as reinforcement use his special to stop dodge on tfp. Then finish them off. Can win most battles within 1 min that way. Took me a while to figure out but works for me.

The meta is vader tfp biggs.

For now. These ships were already meta before so it's easy to just plug them right in. Time will tell if they actually stick.

Its not a matter of time, but if theres any fleet compositions that can reliable beat the biggs vader tfp lineup (assuming same conditions). No such teams were found in the past month, so the meta is decided for now.
    The meta might change in the future, but that will be made possible only if CG alters the ship abilities/stats/launches new ones.

I'm not sure if you can assume the meta is always efficient and always represents the optimal line up at any given time. There are other factors at play, don't you think? One factor I can see is the current meta in Ships 2.0 possibly originated from the meta in Ships 1.0. Most people already made the massive investment in DV, ITF, Biggs, so why not continue to roll with them? A second possible factor for an inefficient meta is the amount of investment to switch out ships. You have to max a pilot with zetas, you have to max stars on both toons & ships, you have to max abilities on ships, and finally you have to max reinforcement ability. It takes 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get the final lvl 8 on omegas for ships, so switching takes time. The meta in ships 2.0, in my opinion, hasn't been widely discovered, although a few adventurous gamers letting their creative minds take over have begun to see success with alternative fleets.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Dblade21 wrote: »

The meta is vader tfp biggs. Even if you stun vader, it leaves 2 target lockers on the field.. Point is, you cant just 'finish them off' because youll be striking your hammer against a mountain, called Biggs Protection.

It's about speed. My fleet are all 230+ speed so get to go 1st 90% of the time. This works for me every battle. All are brat with in a minute and I am top of my league so not playing against lower teams in it.

First off, you cant have over 230 speed in fleet. No ship has that high of speed. 2nd, it's not about speed, its strategy. Understand your reinforcements, and how they synergize with your ships. I have a 90%+ win rate running mace, and I rarely go first. I'm on a day one shard going against max fleets every day

Sorry meant 190+ speed was thinking of sqd. Only reinforcement I ten to need is vader, the shuttle if it gets that far.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The meta is vader tfp biggs.

For now. These ships were already meta before so it's easy to just plug them right in. Time will tell if they actually stick.

Its not a matter of time, but if theres any fleet compositions that can reliable beat the biggs vader tfp lineup (assuming same conditions). No such teams were found in the past month, so the meta is decided for now.
    The meta might change in the future, but that will be made possible only if CG alters the ship abilities/stats/launches new ones.

So sure you are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

There are teams that will reliably beat that.

The reason Biggs and Vader are still meta is that you need an early taunt to protect your two other ships. Sun Fac only taunts if the enemy is buffed, so it won't help in the first round. Clone ARC only taunts if brought in from reserves, so it can't be used until your capital ship's second turn. Endurance needs to get Valor up as soon as possible so its ult will eventually be useful and needs to reinforce on the second turn, so you aren't taunting with him third turn.

Plo Koon is the only other realistic option, and he's a great option, but just look at that reinforce ability... At g9 his speed is 170, which is good, but not fast enough--maybe once he's maxed out he's a good starter.

So, for now, you have to start Biggs if you want to protect your two ships. That means you need one fast ship to get an early target lock (Winners pick 5s, losers stick with TIE) and one other ship--since Thrawn and Executrix are the most popular capital ships, an Empire ship is your best bet, and Vader synergizes so well with Biggs.

Once a viable taunt (or, as Woodroward has done, a viable alpha strike) comes along that doesn't require a second or third ship to work you'll see Biggs fade out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    So I tried the Resistance Pilot thing we were talking about earlier. My guild has basically already won this Territory Battle, so I had nothing to lose by testing it out.

I used Endurance as my capital ship, then started with Plo Koon, Scimitar, and Milennium Falcon. I wasn't up against a tippy-tip-top-tier fleet, to be fair, but it was a nicely-developed team of Biggs, Wedge, Vader and Executrix at lead.

My Plo was the fastest ship, so I was able to put his taunt on Falcon, which then spread target lock to everyone and allowed Endurance to hit all of them with its AoE. Executrix ability blocked Scimitar, so I wasn't able to put Retribution on Falcon, unfortunately. Worse yet, the Falcon was ability blocked basically the rest of the match (Executrix's AoE, then Vader's dispel, then Boba Fett's reinforce) so I was never able to get Thrust Reversal or its AoE off. But, on the plus side, it soaked up A TON of damage and debuffs, and whenever it attacked the Resistance Pilot would chip in.

I like it. I don't think it would work in Arena right now because my Plo Koon is still just g9, and I think I took his mods off a long time ago (but that's easy enough to fix, a day or two of farming at most--you don't need to give him GOOD mods, just 5-dots in all slots). But it's something worth building up in the future.

FWIW, I put heavy attackers in my reserves, but only needed Resistance Pilot. The Retribution on Mace's ult gave me an inordinant amount of counterattacks. I don't think you can really rely on that all the time, but it's good luck when it does.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    So I tried the Resistance Pilot thing we were talking about earlier. My guild has basically already won this Territory Battle, so I had nothing to lose by testing it out.

I used Endurance as my capital ship, then started with Plo Koon, Scimitar, and Milennium Falcon. I wasn't up against a tippy-tip-top-tier fleet, to be fair, but it was a nicely-developed team of Biggs, Wedge, Vader and Executrix at lead.

My Plo was the fastest ship, so I was able to put his taunt on Falcon, which then spread target lock to everyone and allowed Endurance to hit all of them with its AoE. Executrix ability blocked Scimitar, so I wasn't able to put Retribution on Falcon, unfortunately. Worse yet, the Falcon was ability blocked basically the rest of the match (Executrix's AoE, then Vader's dispel, then Boba Fett's reinforce) so I was never able to get Thrust Reversal or its AoE off. But, on the plus side, it soaked up A TON of damage and debuffs, and whenever it attacked the Resistance Pilot would chip in.

I like it. I don't think it would work in Arena right now because my Plo Koon is still just g9, and I think I took his mods off a long time ago (but that's easy enough to fix, a day or two of farming at most--you don't need to give him GOOD mods, just 5-dots in all slots). But it's something worth building up in the future.

FWIW, I put heavy attackers in my reserves, but only needed Resistance Pilot. The Retribution on Mace's ult gave me an inordinant amount of counterattacks. I don't think you can really rely on that all the time, but it's good luck when it does.

Very nice. Would love to hear more.

I think Akbar plus Resistance Pilot and Falcon and Poe may have promise, maybe GS or Cassian and Ghost for the extra assists. My Falcon is only 4 * though, so cant really test it.
  • I'm finding that using the three meta ships of Biggs, Vader and TF but with Executrix in place of Chimaera is better on offence. It's less RNG dependent and provides more opportunities for recovery if you're dealt a crappy RNG hand early.

But you need to max Tarkin's Vicotry at All Costs ability for it to work.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    I'm finding that using the three meta ships of Biggs, Vader and TF but with Executrix in place of Chimaera is better on offence. It's less RNG dependent and provides more opportunities for recovery if you're dealt a **** RNG hand early.

But you need to max Tarkin's Vicotry at All Costs ability for it to work.

I agreed with you until the last part. I rarely get to use it (usually because I've already won, occasionally because I've already lost).
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm finding that using the three meta ships of Biggs, Vader and TF but with Executrix in place of Chimaera is better on offence. It's less RNG dependent and provides more opportunities for recovery if you're dealt a **** RNG hand early.

But you need to max Tarkin's Victory at All Costs ability for it to work.

I agreed with you until the last part. I rarely get to use it (usually because I've already won, occasionally because I've already lost).

Victory at All Costs is an ability that boosts your ships’ TM each time by 20% any ship is defeated when it’s maxed. Its a passive ability, and not something you get to use per se - like a special.

Coupled with th fact that even a moderately levelled Executrix should outspeed even a fully levelled Chimaera, VAC really helps you consolidate early gains in the battle.

Perhaps you're thinking of Imperial Victory.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Im really glad to see someone else believing in Windu. I run Fives Fotp Biggs with Vader Ahsoka Cassian +1 more as reinforcements. I stay around 100-200 but dont try all that much, get tired of thrawn's cheat code move. Still trying to find a comp i like and no clue reinforcements to use either. Was thinking about gearing plo and clone sarge, i like their reinforcement ablities but then thinking not sure they'll do enough dmg, atleast plo is relatively fast. May have to start working on Poe and Boba but of the 3 ships i didnt unlock those 2 are among them.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    A good option is Biggs Vader Bistan... I am working towars that currently.

Bistan really is the rare ship in this squad, but with all the TM gain from target locks its a beast of a squad. With fully upgraded pilots Bistan's ship can be faster then enemy Vader. Takes allot of the RNG out of things. Works best if you can get multiple ships target locked, as vader's unqiue causes them to feed your squad tm.

One player on my ship shard runs this setup with maxed pilots, His payout is an hour before mine and he is allways #1. The only reliable way I have to take him out is TF FOTF Fives... I have all those ships at 187+ speed... so they all move before his.

I do have poe as reinforcement... very nice for a reliable takeout even at 6star he does 100k damage vs anything without protection... I have also experimented with TF FOTF and Poe. My poe is 6 star so it still moves after the other two. That combo can clear enemy Biggs most of the time. (Tie Fighters take out protection, then poe on cleanup.). Issue is if either of the Ties Miss or if enemy gets a target lock in before poe moves I am at a big disadvantage.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member

But you need to max Tarkin's Victory at All Costs ability for it to work.

Victory at All Costs is an ability that boosts your ships’ TM each time by 20% any ship is defeated when it’s maxed. Its a passive ability, and not something you get to use per se - like a special.

Coupled with th fact that even a moderately levelled Executrix should outspeed even a fully levelled Chimaera, VAC really helps you consolidate early gains in the battle.

Perhaps you're thinking of Imperial Victory.

Yes that's the one. I never remember the names lol.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Was thinking about gearing plo and clone sarge, i like their reinforcement ablities but then thinking not sure they'll do enough dmg, atleast plo is relatively fast. May have to start working on Poe and Boba but of the 3 ships i didnt unlock those 2 are among them.

Clone Sgt does a decent amount of damage considering he's a tank that was designed to just survive forever. If you go over to swgoh you can look at an expected range of damages on each ship's attacks (the front page only shows basic attack damage, but if you go into each ship's entry you can find their specials--but not all neatly lined up to be compared against other ships', unfortunately.) and the big surprise for me was that, by and large, each ship does roughly the same damage.

Fragile attackers do more (the damage for Asohka's basic seems to assume Offense Up), tough defenders do less, but everything seems to be mostly in the 19k-25k range, with a few outliers on either side. ARC is on the low-end of the normal range (about 19k) for offense, but definitely on the high end of the range for survivability when complete.

Plo Koon is just a wonderful space boy all around.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Was thinking about gearing plo and clone sarge, i like their reinforcement ablities but then thinking not sure they'll do enough dmg, atleast plo is relatively fast. May have to start working on Poe and Boba but of the 3 ships i didnt unlock those 2 are among them.

Clone Sgt does a decent amount of damage considering he's a tank that was designed to just survive forever. If you go over to swgoh you can look at an expected range of damages on each ship's attacks (the front page only shows basic attack damage, but if you go into each ship's entry you can find their specials--but not all neatly lined up to be compared against other ships', unfortunately.) and the big surprise for me was that, by and large, each ship does roughly the same damage.

Fragile attackers do more (the damage for Asohka's basic seems to assume Offense Up), tough defenders do less, but everything seems to be mostly in the 19k-25k range, with a few outliers on either side. ARC is on the low-end of the normal range (about 19k) for offense, but definitely on the high end of the range for survivability when complete.

Plo Koon is just a wonderful space boy all around.

I don't know about that. I was running a full republic fleet when this all switched over. I tried running the 6 republic ships in every combination possible and couldn't break top 20. As soon as I took Plo and Sergeant out of my lineup I was able to get back into the top 10.

That's a big part of why I say there's no room in arena for defense or gimmicks anymore. It's not that it isn't good. It's that it isn't worth it sacrifice offense for them, that's just begging to lose, and neither one of these 2 does anywhere near enough damage from my experience to justify their other meager contributions. Healing is pointless. Need to kill the other guy before his ultimate goes off, not drag it out until it does.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I was running a full republic fleet when this all switched over. I tried running the 6 republic ships in every combination possible and couldn't break top 20. As soon as I took Plo and Sergeant out of my lineup I was able to get back into the top 10.

That's a big part of why I say there's no room in arena for defense or gimmicks anymore. It's not that it isn't good. It's that it isn't worth it sacrifice offense for them, that's just begging to lose, and neither one of these 2 does anywhere near enough damage from my experience to justify their other meager contributions. Healing is pointless. Need to kill the other guy before his ultimate goes off, not drag it out until it does.

I feel like, aside from Asohka, the Republic ships are collectively too defensive (Although it might be a good idea to do this for your final attack, as then you may stall out attackers--but you'd be the expert in that, not me). So if you're using all 6, then, yeah, you're overdoing it. But splashing one or two Republic ships into a mixed fleet seems like a good idea. I really like the ARC as my second tank. I don't have room for Plo Koon, but use the Jedi Consular for his targeted assist. I think the Geonosian Soldier is my long-term solution there, but while it's being worked on, Consular has to fill the role.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    For me my biggest problem is when Thrawn uses ultimate he insta kills Umbaran and my reinforcements arent to great, so i have nothing to fight with anymore.But i wonder if clone sarge and plo are reinforcements maybe clones sarge can survive and still be strongest enemy and/or have taunt so thrawn insta kills him then things could be entirely different with umbaran alive. Plo's reinforcement ability is just crazy good and hes a fast ship im certain there's some sort of team to use Plo. I do wish he didnt loose the speed up on basic for protection up tho.

Also to @NicWester Ahsoka isn't the only offensive Republic ship, Umbaran is one of the best ships in the game, very fast, tm gains, really defensive and alot of dmg potential. Oh and since it is not an attacker tag, thrawn gives it defense down instead of offense down with his debuff move which is infinitely better then having dmg cut in half.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So I have made some changes to my fleet.

The initial composition worked, but was still too heavily dependent on RNG.
    Target lock from TFP mattered because it meant that 5s couldn't hit X1 to make him go before Ahsoka so that Biggs has a chance of not having taunt when the next turn rolls around for taking out TFP in 1 shot. Basically there were just enough wrinkles to make it a pain to run.

However, I have now switched to running Poe, Silencer, 5s as my starting 3 and I have yet to lose a match on offense since doing so. I have killed an opponent's ship in my opening flurry every single match so far as well. I moved Ahsoka into a backup position and took out Consular.

The reason this really works is because it enables 5s to go last in my starting flurry yet still before any of the ships you usually see on their side besides TIEs (still before x1 though).

This is awesome for a few reasons. 1. Oftentimes 5s is killing someone with his blow, which means that the tm he gives out whenever he attacks doesn't help the enemy at all. 2. Concentrated damage like this that goes in a predictable order makes killing a ship on their side quickly easily, which puts the match safely in my hands from the very start.

I have so much speed and damage in my starting fleet right now, taking down 1 of their ships before most of their fleet has gone is more than tipping the scales in my favor, it's tipping them over.

I'll upload some videos later today
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The gentleman I'm fighting in this video has one of the most upgraded fleets on my shard. 380k power fleet.

I decided to play it safe against him and targeted Biggs right off of the bat making this the first match I didn't kill a ship in my opening flurry since placing Silencer in my starting 3.

https://youtu.be/bdzbmt1iiK4
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    The gentleman I'm fighting in this video has one of the most upgraded fleets on my shard. 380k power fleet.

I decided to play it safe against him and targeted Biggs right off of the bat making this the first match I didn't kill a ship in my opening flurry since placing Silencer in my starting 3.

Im happy for you that it works.
    Having said that, killing 1 ship by 3 blows isnt extraordinary tbh. The geos can easily blow up even a maxed biggs (if not abi blocked by the executrix aoe).
    How does it hold on defense, however? It looks like a solid startup. Perhaps with a Plo reinforcement, they could hold on and quickly outnumber the enemy,even when played on auto.
  • Thank you for adding to our small chorus (mainly Nic and I) of successful fleet performers who win regardless of RNG because we adapted to the changes in 2.0.

Craig the Cockroach King.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

Im happy for you that it works.
    Having said that, killing 1 ship by 3 blows isnt extraordinary tbh. The geos can easily blow up even a maxed biggs (if not abi blocked by the executrix aoe).
    How does it hold on defense, however? It looks like a solid startup. Perhaps with a Plo reinforcement, they could hold on and quickly outnumber the enemy,even when played on auto.

Defense won't be good until I can ditch Boba for more damage. I can often kill attackers in 2 blows. Killing Biggs can happen in 3 attacks (once these ships are fully upgraded anyway), and I think that is extraordinary.

Not sure how the defense is. Only had it in for a day. fell to low 20s. My shard is less active than some others though.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ghost and Phantom are pretty strong combo.

Running Thrawn, Biggs Vader Ghost -> Phantom FOTP Cassian and either TFP or SF. Phantom and FOTP have maxed reinforcement. Assist and stealth Ghost and Vader for 3 turns and then Phantom and FOTP back to back and its usually gg. I haven't made it to my super but once in last 2 days. Finished in top 5 twice in last 2 days, which is new for me. This lineup would be even better with Akbar but mine still needs work. I about to retire TFP from my lineup all together.

Geonosians are tough if you can't wipe SF with a few crits at start.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Thank you for adding to our small chorus (mainly Nic and I) of successful fleet performers who win regardless of RNG because we adapted to the changes in 2.0.

Craig the Cockroach King.

Same here, even though I'm still running the same TF Vader Biggs everyone else is. Difference is I've ditched Thrawn for Tarkin, and Boba/Maul for Phantom and GS or Sun Face.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Im now running Endurance with Biggs Vader Umbaran as start up and then Ahsoka/Plo Cassian Fotp. Still trying to figuring out my team tho. Master Plo's reinforcement ability is just too good and then he can give everyone turn meter right off the bat. I've found that if i can keep Biggs alive until Chimera uses ultimate i always win, Umbaran can get so powerful by the end, ive gotten 140k on just one of the targets with his aoe and only 3 target locked.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    But...Endurance...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    i was still in 7th place today an hour before arena time with no matches run since payout yesterday.

I'd say that's pretty decent defense though, like I said, my shard isn't as active as some on here.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Im now running Endurance with Biggs Vader Umbaran as start up and then Ahsoka/Plo Cassian Fotp. Still trying to figuring out my team tho. Master Plo's reinforcement ability is just too good and then he can give everyone turn meter right off the bat. I've found that if i can keep Biggs alive until Chimera uses ultimate i always win, Umbaran can get so powerful by the end, ive gotten 140k on just one of the targets with his aoe and only 3 target locked.
    Why not use Clone Sgt for reinforcements? Because he'll be taunting any time there's protection, he'll always be there to eat Chimaera's ultimate. Maybe use him instead of Ahsoka or Cassian?
    But...Endurance...
    As much as I think Endurance needs a rework on his abilities to compensate for the 3-ship starting lineup, I still think there's a team out there that works for him. It's just that I think that team mainly consists of big, beefy bodies and lots of taunts and you put them out on defense and just hold for 5 minutes. I don't know if Endurance can win reliably, but I feel like with the right team you can hold like crazy.

Fingers crossed they change him up a bit, though.
    i was still in 7th place today an hour before arena time with no matches run since payout yesterday.

I'd say that's pretty decent defense though, like I said, my shard isn't as active as some on here.
    My Geonosians are only g10 (Soldier and Sun Fac are each one piece away from 11) but I notice that I hold ground a lot better than I did before making the switch. I'm running Home One, and I know that makes me a target, but I'm still climbing ranks every day and haven't had any trouble on offense.

Not sure how my leaderboard compares to others in terms of activity, but I used to drop 100 spaces and climb 120 or so, hovering around 200. Now I'm waking up still below 100 and the only limitation on how far down I can get is the amount of free time I have for fights.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    But...Endurance...
    As much as I think Endurance needs a rework on his abilities to compensate for the 3-ship starting lineup, I still think there's a team out there that works for him. It's just that I think that team mainly consists of big, beefy bodies and lots of taunts and you put them out on defense and just hold for 5 minutes. I don't know if Endurance can win reliably, but I feel like with the right team you can hold like crazy.

Fingers crossed they change him up a bit, though.
    I'm running Endurance and winning reliably with my current composition. I think it would work with any cap ship, but Endurance is a large part of my strategy.

Taunt turn 1 onto 5s keeps Poe and Silencer protected for a few turns. Being the slowest ship means I get my reinforcement immediately following Chimaera (usually right after the other 2 as well, but sometimes ships take a turn in between) so I get to neutralize Boba and Scimitar's buffs instantly with Ahsoka and Cassian (in that order usually too).

Then I get to get ahead of the other cap ship after I AoE on Mace's 3rd turn. Turn 4 I reinforce again, and then I am taunting turn 5. Turn 6 reinforce Turn 7 AoE. I'll only ever use his basic if the rotation calls for a taunt and I think I can get a killing blow in. I'm pretty happy with him though. I almost never see his ultimate proc off and I'm okay with that. It's rather weaksauce anyway now.

My Geonosians are only g10 (Soldier and Sun Fac are each one piece away from 11) but I notice that I hold ground a lot better than I did before making the switch. I'm running Home One, and I know that makes me a target, but I'm still climbing ranks every day and haven't had any trouble on offense.

Not sure how my leaderboard compares to others in terms of activity, but I used to drop 100 spaces and climb 120 or so, hovering around 200. Now I'm waking up still below 100 and the only limitation on how far down I can get is the amount of free time I have for fights.

Fell to 25 when I looked at it 1st thing this morning. Didn't wait to see how much further I'd fall, just got back into the top 10 in 3 fights quick and sat there the rest of the day. So yesterday was a fluke obviously. If I start ending up in the 30s or 40s I'll say something about it, but otherwise I think the defense isn't bad. I could have fallen much farther (picture Jedi in Zader arena days).
  • A bit late onto this one but great to see this discussion with Endurance. My shard is only 8 months old. I am the only one in the top 50 of my shard running a Mace Capital ship and I think its both an advantage and sometimes a curse. An advantage because it works well against that "I Win!" button and a curse because yeah everyone targets you. My strategy is to get to Mace's ultimate protection buff before the "i win" button goes off. This works 75% of the time but I will lose to a heavy offense line up if Ghost or Vader is taken down in the first wave.

However my line up: Biggs, Vader & Ghost with Phantom 1st to come out (maxed reinforce ability), Bobba & TFP has worked very well and I got to rank 1 and rank 2 in the last few days. I believe this is because I have an alternative to the Tarkin line up which is 80% of the top 50 in my shard. I do fall to 20 most days however, occasionally I sit at 14 or 16, so its not amazing on defense. Again could be I'm just getting targeted.

I've really learned a lot from reading this and think I'll be able to fine tune it some down the track. I was already going after 5's to potentially replace Bobba (his reinforcement ability is so nice) I just can't see myself using it in the starting line up but happy to be persuaded. I've also been looking for a viable starter change up from ghost either benching Ghost or putting her in the reinforcement line up. From this I'm seeing loads of potential tweaks by adding - FOTP, Silencer or Poe in that starting position with Biggs and Vader.

I've invested a lot into my starting team and am now able to start building other ship line ups. Any thoughts or advice on what to tweak first.