Revan and Darth Revan Speculations

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Calastar wrote: »
    So with the new KoTOR characters coming out and them being tied to Revan, what do you guys think will be around Revan, his event, and his release?

I think that Revan Reborn is coming because of the characters coming. He will come in a Hero's Journey.

Darth Revan will come later as a Hero's Journey with other characters I forgot who.

Commander Revan from the Mandalorian Wars will come as a Legendary event after the other two and will require Mandalorians to get him.

All of the Revans will be powerful and cool. Revan had his mind wiped but was retrained as a Jedi and then also used the ways of the Sith therefore being a Grey Jedi. Darth Revan fell to the dark side after activating the Mass Shadow Generator that ended the Mandalorian Wars. Commander Revan led the Republic to victory over the Mandalorians and was insanely skilled at lightsaber combat.

I will return with their kits and/or events.

Tell me what you guys think about all this.

That’s a lot of Revan’s. He and Han could get there own factions.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Whos wants to bet there gonna "Mess" us up and require Darth Treya to get Revan lol.

Darth Traya and Revan were not connected in any way. Kreia, one of Revan's Jedi Masters, was the light side version of Traya and didn't play a big role in Revan's journey.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I love all the Revan speculation. I’m glad we are getting 5 new light side characters from KOTOR . If Revan comes as a marquee , legend, hero event or has shards dropping out of a new form of TB. Needless to say it will all be fun however he enters the game. I knew nothing about KOTOR months ago, but after reading, it seems that there are many very powerful characters from that line. And we will now have 11 total. (6 Sith 5 lightside)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    MrThamer87 wrote: »
    Revan wont be female as he is male as HE is in star wars the old republic

Wrong they have not defined him as either gender. she is female tho.
    Whos wants to bet there gonna "Mess" us up and require Darth Treya to get Revan lol.

It seems that you are not educated about the Old Republic. I agree 100% with Calastar; Revan and Traya had almost no connection. And in everything introduced in TOR, besides KOTOR, Revan is male. Books, other games, the Wookiepedia page, you name it. However, Revan is non-canon, and Disney may introduce Revan with a complete makeover to the new canon.
  • Gazza1988
    131 posts Member
    MrThamer87 wrote: »
    Revan wont be female as he is male as HE is in star wars the old republic

Wrong they have not defined him as either gender. she is female tho.

He's male. These rpgs have a Canon story but allow the player to alter this in their playthrough. The Canon story is he's a human female.

In kotor 2 the Canon playthrough is a human female called Meetra Surik.
  • Calastar wrote: »
    So with the new KoTOR characters coming out and them being tied to Revan, what do you guys think will be around Revan, his event, and his release?

I think that Revan Reborn is coming because of the characters coming. He will come in a Hero's Journey.

Darth Revan will come later as a Hero's Journey with other characters I forgot who.

Commander Revan from the Mandalorian Wars will come as a Legendary event after the other two and will require Mandalorians to get him.

All of the Revans will be powerful and cool. Revan had his mind wiped but was retrained as a Jedi and then also used the ways of the Sith therefore being a Grey Jedi. Darth Revan fell to the dark side after activating the Mass Shadow Generator that ended the Mandalorian Wars. Commander Revan led the Republic to victory over the Mandalorians and was insanely skilled at lightsaber combat.

It'll soon be Star wars galaxy of REVANS, if left up to you :D
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Calastar wrote: »

It'll soon be Star wars galaxy of REVANS, if left up to you :D

Lol. If I could I would make 6 different Revans. That would be fun.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    mcshant wrote: »
    The whole “Revan needs to be dark side and light side” argument is silly. That’s like saying Darth Vader should be both light and dark side because he was a Jedi at one point, then fell to the dark side, and then was redeemed.

Just make him LS because that’s what he is in cannon. Do separate marquee DS Darth Revan later on if you want, but making him both just doesn’t make sense canonically or logically.

I think it would be fitting for revan though. Vader was bad and anakin was good. Revan was both for most of his story. And also because they need to make revan extremely OP and giving him those tags would be awesome. Only for revan though. I cant think of anyone else who would deserve that more. Revan is unique so they should do something like that.

I agree, Revan is the perfect example of both. In Legends, he split himself and killed his Dark Side. And I don’t think Revan is canon, this in response to Funderbolts
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Personally, I’d like 3 versions of Revan. Jedi, Sith then both.

One version is not enough. Not when we have 5 Hans . :p
  • mcshant wrote: »
    The whole “Revan needs to be dark side and light side” argument is silly. That’s like saying Darth Vader should be both light and dark side because he was a Jedi at one point, then fell to the dark side, and then was redeemed.

Just make him LS because that’s what he is in cannon. Do separate marquee DS Darth Revan later on if you want, but making him both just doesn’t make sense canonically or logically.

I think it would be fitting for revan though. Vader was bad and anakin was good. Revan was both for most of his story. And also because they need to make revan extremely OP and giving him those tags would be awesome. Only for revan though. I cant think of anyone else who would deserve that more. Revan is unique so they should do something like that.

Darth Vader was bad and Anakin was good...
    Darth Revan was bad and Revan was good... it’s the same thing. Actually, even less so, because Revan was never truly evil — he was mind dominated.

When characters are supposed to be snapshots of themselves at a particular time and place (except R2 who apparently is everything), then it doesn’t make sense to say that this character should be both light side and dark side. Otherwise Bastila should be both as well, seeing as she actually fell to the dark side for a time.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Darth Vader was bad and Anakin was good...
    Darth Revan was bad and Revan was good... it’s the same thing. Actually, even less so, because Revan was never truly evil — he was mind dominated.

When characters are supposed to be snapshots of themselves at a particular time and place (except R2 who apparently is everything), then it doesn’t make sense to say that this character should be both light side and dark side. Otherwise Bastila should be both as well, seeing as she actually fell to the dark side for a time.

But Revan has always had that conflict within him. You could say the same for Vader/Anakin, but Revan shows more of that conflict on the outside.

However, I believe we should start with a light Side Revan, powerful, but not OP, just a taste of him.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Bastilla was only darkside for a very short time. But i get what your saying. How about we get one LS revan and one DS then when you have both you can fuse them together and make super revan.

Lol. I think just 3 separate Revans, instead of fusing two together to makke one super Revan. That way you can have all 3 on a team together and it will be Arena Meta.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    edited July 2018
  • Why not Dark Empire Sith Luke as well? Luke gave himself over to the Emperor Clone to learn about the Sith so he could be balanced. Or Sith Leia from the Realities line, where she is a loyal servant of Vader and Yoda smashes the Death Star into Imperial City on Corruscant?

There can be a dark and a light Revan since TOR showed Revan split himself into 2 separate beings.

Revan and Malak were both Jedi, who got torqued with the Jedi Order’s inaction during the Mandalorian Wars and fought, despite the Order’s wishes to remain neutral. Revan and Malak left for a long period of time and returned with a huge Sith fleet, Revan being the Master and Malak the apprentice. They called themselves Sith as in trained as, not the race of. Revan is a pretty cool character, and one would have a greater understanding watching cutscenes from the various video games to understand him and the Republic/Sith war from 4000 years before A New Hope. Disney is flirting with canonizing the story. Many of the planets and species are now in the New Disney universe including Rakkata Prime and Maan.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    And now we have the final Revan, Revan Reborn!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/175042/revan-reborn-kit/p1?new=1

Thanks for reading these guys and for putting up with time.
  • I'd be happy with just the Sith Emperor from the Revan novel (even if it's not canon...)
    I don't know much about making so many Revans since we still didn't get a Jedi Luke, and Star Wars is mainly a Skywalker family matter...
    About the 5 Hans, it's mainly because of two factors:
    1) at CG they don't have enough scoundrels in their lives
    2) HANsel's so hot right now, HANsel! :D
  • Man, so much nonsense. Revan is as Revan does.

Revan doesn’t ask what time it is, time asks Revan when it is.

He doesn’t have to flush the toilet, he just scares the crap out of it.

(Revan, the Chuck Norris of Star Wars)
  • I won't worry anyway. As it'd just be yet another toon to gear and level and blah blah blah. Us lowbies don't have the luxury of having nothing else to do with resources, including crystals.

I'll have enough trouble with Thrawn as it is.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Revan (and the Ebon Hawk) will likely be released as an event character requiring all 5 of the soon to be released KOTOR toons. His release will undoubtedly be exactly 7 days after the current Kotor character are released as FTP on a mix of Cantina and single Hard Nodes.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    He'll be Lightside cause CG has it in for Darkside characters. I mean, look at how powerful CLS, JTR, R2, and Nest are compared to the Darkside characters. Palpatine, the most powerful Sith Lord ever, easily defeated by CLS. Unmasked Kylo Ren (who is just as powerful as JTR) is just as strong as Commander Cody. I mean, even BB-8 is more useful than General Grievous. He's a freaking beach ball!
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • EAZY_E8
    12 posts Member
    He’s gonna be darkside I think and here’s why; for all but 1 legendary event, the prize (palp, BB8 etc) you need their enemies to unlock them... so the lightside old republic will get us the dark side revan? Orrrr if we’re lucky the Sith get that tag, then revan gets a lead for all “old republic” characters giving us crazy synergy for the next meta line up. I like both
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Whose to say we don’t get both variations? Anything is possible.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    Whose to say we don’t get both variations? Anything is possible.

They would be silly not to give us both versions at some point. It feels clear to me that the LS is coming first though. The Arena's are EP and Traya dominated. Sprinkle a little on the left, then sprinkle a little on the right.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    I absolutely DO NOT want multiple version of Revan, and he's top 3 favorite character of all time.

He SHOULD be Jedi, Sith, Light Side, Dark Side, Old Republic and all his abilities should affect both sides differently. (example: one of his Uniques could grant all Sith allies "basic attacks ignore protection", all Jedi allies "heal 25% health on basic attacks") Not those specific traits, but you get the idea. Both uniques have this sort of yin yang effect, as well as his lead. Maybe even his specials and basic. Seeing an Arena filled with Revan leading 4 Jedi vs Revan leading 4 Sith would be AWESOME.

He should also have at least as many abilities as JTR.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.