Get this 100% Turnmeter coinflip mechanic out of this game!

Replies

  • TM coinflip can be funny in GW, because sometimes Han doesn't shoot first.
    I've had both my EP and Vader get to go before Han Solo, which was weird as hell.
  • Waqui
    5860 posts Member
    Ishaeni wrote: »
    TM coinflip can be funny in GW, because sometimes Han doesn't shoot first.
    I've had both my EP and Vader get to go before Han Solo, which was weird as hell.

    Han's shoot first doesn't work as described in the ability description. In the implementation, he doesn't get to take a turn at the start of the encounter. He simply starts the encounter off with 100% TM. If other characters also have 100% TM, he may not take his turn first.

    I discussed this with Kyno previously. Long story short:
    It may be working as intended, however it's not working as described. Han doesn't necessarily take a turn in the start. Kyno didn't agree with me, which is quite silly. It's all there in the text.
  • evoluza
    2237 posts Member
    Seams not like a coin flip...
    I start with vader aoe > enemie Nihilus immediately gets a turn. Let's turn this...
    Opposite vader starts my Nihilus gets to 100% but don't get a turn. Vader finish culling blade and the hole enemie team goes before me and my cooldown increased.
    Same goes for Rex and all the other stup1d tm gain chars...
    I always get the bad outcome...
    It's not good for the game when fell rng is against someone. And this happens all the time. I should stop playing if the game don't want me to win...
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Didn't read past the 1st page, but couldn't they rewrite Vader's culling blade and Thrawn's command to read, "give next turn?" What if they made it a different mechanic besides TM gain. You could have some abilities that grant TM and some that grant next turn. It wouldn't take a lot of extra writing to explain the difference and it would at least eliminate some of the randomness. It isn't going to resolve every TM tie, but you'd at least know those abilities were going to were going to work as expected.

    yes, they could, but they dont, so they dont and shouldnt work that way now.

    @Eddiemundie
    Why not just make it such that on offense u will go first. Rather than having a massive ffa party when 9-10 toons are at 100% tm (think rex cleansing against zep lead).

    Even **** things like using thrawn to swap tm with another 100% tm toon (eg cls) so i can dispel a taunt to fracture sion - but lo and behold it’s still thrawn’s turn! Can’t they just make it such that whoever thrawn swaps tm with goes next?

    Beacuse thats a huge advanatge for offense, really. And because the in game description shows thrawn swapping TM and not turns.

    When people/animals/things go on the offensive, they usually take the initative. Is it a huge advantage? Sure, but CG hasnt always cared about defense anyway.

    And the whole point of swapping tm is to swap turns and let another toon go in place of thrawn. It doesn't make sense for thrawn to swap turnmeter and still be his turn.
  • Allowing for randomness is just another way of hiding bad game designs. They created all of these characters with tm manipulation abilities and then they realized they can't deliver the abilities in actual game play scenarios, so blame it on rng. The one example is raid han. Han "always" gets the first shot, except when there are two Hans....... The description is obviously wrong, which in my opinion constitutes a lie. If you claim that on a product without disclaimers you can get sued for false advertising or making misleading claims. Since spending zetas isn't considered as spending actual money they can get away with it.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ZatyraJinn wrote: »
    It's so blatantly obvious that the first toon that hits 100% should go first

    This, and if multiple reach it at the same time, base who goes first on character speed.

    The same when there are 2 Han Solos going head-to-head shooting first. The fastest should obviously go first. Why coin flip it. This is what mods are for.
  • NicWester
    6688 posts Member
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    Why coin flip it. This is what mods are for.
    Because people want mods to be less important, not more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    16283 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Didn't read past the 1st page, but couldn't they rewrite Vader's culling blade and Thrawn's command to read, "give next turn?" What if they made it a different mechanic besides TM gain. You could have some abilities that grant TM and some that grant next turn. It wouldn't take a lot of extra writing to explain the difference and it would at least eliminate some of the randomness. It isn't going to resolve every TM tie, but you'd at least know those abilities were going to were going to work as expected.

    yes, they could, but they dont, so they dont and shouldnt work that way now.

    @Eddiemundie
    Why not just make it such that on offense u will go first. Rather than having a massive ffa party when 9-10 toons are at 100% tm (think rex cleansing against zep lead).

    Even **** things like using thrawn to swap tm with another 100% tm toon (eg cls) so i can dispel a taunt to fracture sion - but lo and behold it’s still thrawn’s turn! Can’t they just make it such that whoever thrawn swaps tm with goes next?

    Beacuse thats a huge advanatge for offense, really. And because the in game description shows thrawn swapping TM and not turns.

    When people/animals/things go on the offensive, they usually take the initative. Is it a huge advantage? Sure, but CG hasnt always cared about defense anyway.

    Did you just compare this game to a lion attacking prey? What a weird argument.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    16283 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    It's not good for the game when fell rng is against someone. And this happens all the time. I should stop playing if the game don't want me to win...

    I can assure you the game doesn't care one way or the other.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please keep it civil, people! I've removed some back-and-forth between users, let's just keep it cool. People have different opinions, it's part of life - no need to call them names or retort. :smile:
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's please keep it civil, people! I've removed some back-and-forth between users, let's just keep it cool. People have different opinions, it's part of life - no need to call them names or retort. :smile:

    No problem. Just treating people how they deserved to be treated. ;)

  • One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....
  • One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...
  • One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    It's unbelievable really, almost as unbelievable that I keep playing. When the game just isn't fun anymore, it's time to put it down.....but I've already invested so much time...ugh. I don't understand why people whine about mods. There is certainly a bit of RNG associated with it, but assuming fair play in that randomness, the people that invest more in their team will success more frequently. Much better than this hot mess of game play grossness.
  • One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    It's unbelievable really, almost as unbelievable that I keep playing. When the game just isn't fun anymore, it's time to put it down.....but I've already invested so much time...ugh. I don't understand why people whine about mods. There is certainly a bit of RNG associated with it, but assuming fair play in that randomness, the people that invest more in their team will success more frequently. Much better than this hot mess of game play grossness.

    Character kits are too complicated now. Lots of players probably don’t realize that nihilus gains a whopping 30% tm when allied sion gets hit with a debuff. It’s really kind of ridiculous
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    It is the best possible way to deal with 100% TM. It creates randomness which in turn challenges you to think of multiple strategies. It might get annoying when it doesn't go your way, but its there to create balance and different puzzles to solve.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • evoluza
    2237 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    It is the best possible way to deal with 100% TM. It creates randomness which in turn challenges you to think of multiple strategies. It might get annoying when it doesn't go your way, but its there to create balance and different puzzles to solve.

    Their is no puzzle to solve. First turns determining a battle, because OP abilities.
    They messed the game up with that stuff.
    TM gain, anhilating, never die zombie, aoe ignoring health, fracture, isolate and more destroy everything. If this continues, they have to revamp the game, because it will be unplayable.
  • GOWLIKEABOSS
    157 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    Disagree. Speed is only so important because the other mods don't work. A toon with a full tenacity kit should NOT be getting manhandled in debuffs by any toon without a full potency set.

    If tenacity mods were on par with speed mods in effectiveness, a full tenacity squad should squish an EPz team.

    Hopefully the incoming mod rebalance will resolve this.
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    Disagree. Speed is only so important because the other mods don't work. A toon with a full tenacity kit should NOT be getting manhandled in debuffs by any toon without a full potency set.

    If tenacity mods were on par with speed mods in effectiveness, a full tenacity squad should squish an EPz team.

    Hopefully the incoming mod rebalance will resolve this.

    Unless they are going to triple tenacity I am not seeing any difference.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Random has flaws, but basing it on speed stats or most TM over 100%, or who got their TM full first would generate problems, including completely making abilities like thrawns, jyn, etc a total waste if time.

    In fact, out of all the TM gain situations thats the one that frustrates me the most. you TM swap from thrawn to specifically use a situationally useful ability only for enemy toons to move and stun/TM remove/kill the toon you just swapped TM to actually use. You use culling blade and kill, only for vader to not move again. Etc.

    I'm fine with it being random where its natural TM gain or passive ability gains. But when I actively use a characters ability to max someone elses turn meter, that person should absolutely go first. They could easily do this and simply modify those types of abilities to make it clear that they gain full TM and move immediately.

    Masterstroke Grandmaster Yoda gains an "IMMEDIATE" bonus turn. It still isn't immediate. Others at 100% tm still can go before him. Tried and failed.
  • evoluza
    2237 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    Disagree. Speed is only so important because the other mods don't work. A toon with a full tenacity kit should NOT be getting manhandled in debuffs by any toon without a full potency set.

    If tenacity mods were on par with speed mods in effectiveness, a full tenacity squad should squish an EPz team.

    Hopefully the incoming mod rebalance will resolve this.

    Unless they are going to triple tenacity I am not seeing any difference.

    They can add a first turn immunity. Huge boost
  • CCyrilS
    3086 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    First, I'm not really about giving "far inferior" teams the edge. However, if your Thrawn is slower in a mirror match you deserve to lose.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    First, I'm not really about giving "far inferior" teams the edge. However, if your Thrawn is slower in a mirror match you deserve to lose.

    @CCyrilS In many team compositions, surely. In this particular mirror Thrawn doesn't get to fracture all that often, and when he does, it isn't a function of speed, because the 7.5% speed differential in this match is vastly outweighed by the 20% TM gain on debuff expiration.

    If you're going to speak like you know something, particularly with blanket statements that provide no context, at least know what you're talking about.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    First, I'm not really about giving "far inferior" teams the edge. However, if your Thrawn is slower in a mirror match you deserve to lose.

    @CCyrilS In many team compositions, surely. In this particular mirror Thrawn doesn't get to fracture all that often, and when he does, it isn't a function of speed, because the 7.5% speed differential in this match is vastly outweighed by the 20% TM gain on debuff expiration.

    If you're going to speak like you know something, particularly with blanket statements that provide no context, at least know what you're talking about.

    I believe what he meant is in a mirror match a slower thrawn should not be going before a faster one just because of tm coinflip.
  • @UltimateSeaDog Perhaps. It's hard to know without any supporting detail or context. Maybe he'll respond and clarify his position, maybe not.

    The purpose of my rebuttal was to indicate that the speed differential (which I didn't even post, outside of the fact that his was faster) is quickly consumed by the TM gain provided by EP's lead. In many cases, pure speed on Thrawn isn't indicative of which one gets to go first (Titans for example where he is gaining TM from enemy resists via CLS's unique).

    Alas, that requires understanding and nuance, and those things are all too difficult in this day and age, when it's easier to make singular statements and believe them to be true.
  • NicWester
    6688 posts Member
    The point I was trying to make earlier and got a warning for still stands, though--the game has randomness intentionally. The developers don't want speed to be the sole determinant, they said as much the last time they changed how ties were handled (It's, like, a year ago in the announcements or updates, go find it, I don't want to).

    If you want zero randomness, great, but that's not this game. *I* want RPG elements, but I'm not raging because they aren't in the game--that's not this game, either.

    Appreciate the game for what it is instead of constantly being mad that you lost a match you feel you should have won. (Especially if you don't acknowledge the matches that you win that you should have lost.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba wrote: »
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    This is what happens when people complain about speed mods being “too important”...

    Disagree. Speed is only so important because the other mods don't work. A toon with a full tenacity kit should NOT be getting manhandled in debuffs by any toon without a full potency set.

    If tenacity mods were on par with speed mods in effectiveness, a full tenacity squad should squish an EPz team.

    Hopefully the incoming mod rebalance will resolve this.

    Unless they are going to triple tenacity I am not seeing any difference.

    That's what they need to do. Get more rock/paper/scissors elements in here.

    A speed debuff team loses to a tenacity team, a tenacity team loses to a potency team, and a potency team loses to a speed debuff team, and so on.
  • I really love when my Thrawn ship goes first the entire battle right up until the ultimate move, then they go first and win. Love these mechanics.
  • CCyrilS
    3086 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    One of the good things about it is that if your team is far inferior, you still have a chance. I just got pasted by a team with 13K less GP in a mirror where 4 out of my 5 were faster (only Thrawn wasn't), all were equal or better geared (4 pieces away from full 12.3 vs 15 pieces awa), I had two more usable zetas (Thrawn, Vader) and four more stars (5* Sion and DN vs 7*s for me). I had a grand total of six turns. Yay, TM craziness and those double full stuns by opposing EP....

    First, I'm not really about giving "far inferior" teams the edge. However, if your Thrawn is slower in a mirror match you deserve to lose.

    @CCyrilS In many team compositions, surely. In this particular mirror Thrawn doesn't get to fracture all that often, and when he does, it isn't a function of speed, because the 7.5% speed differential in this match is vastly outweighed by the 20% TM gain on debuff expiration.

    If you're going to speak like you know something, particularly with blanket statements that provide no context, at least know what you're talking about.

    I believe what he meant is in a mirror match a slower thrawn should not be going before a faster one just because of tm coinflip.

    This. Thought it was obvious, thx.
  • stop the stup.. payout time, and all will be good
Sign In or Register to comment.