Ships feedback

CHFC22
732 posts Member
How do.

I generally enjoy ships, and always have (I know) but one thing that has always perplexed me is the aspect of their design that means you waste turns, unlike in the other arena. Example:

2 teams of Biggs, Vader & TFP/FOTFP. One team gets off target lock, the other doesn't. Vader taken out of the non taunting team, then TFP/FOTFP. If I'm the non taunting team I'll just forfeit as there's no way back even those I'm 30 seconds in.

I know it's RNG, but the same doesn't happen in the other arena - even if the die don't roll in your favour you can still put up a good fight

I'm top 30 in fleet, top 50 in arena so don't think I'm at the whim of high bandwidth in power.

Doesn't especially ruin it, but just an observation.

Farewell.

Replies

• NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Then you need to fight better.
    I've had that done to me and still won.
    So there you go, don't give in so easily.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    There's an argument for that certainly but I've enough experience to know when a fight is over.
  • You are right OP.
    There's no way(unless RNGesus) to come back from a bad start in ships now. Basically; everything in ships depends on RNG now.
    Most people understand that, but a handful don't. So yeah, you are right, don't worry. But it won't be fixed either, so do worry lol.

Ps. Really like the polite way of talking. :D
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Manners cost nothing etc etc. Too much accusatory & hyperbolic prose here. If I read another post about mythics being broken or impossible it'll be too soon.

I suppose the RNG has made it less tactical than it was with 5 ships. There was simply more to kill, which took more time, ergo more opportunity to claw it back. I realise my position may be atypical (top 50 is statistically small so the changes perhaps were aimed at the majority) but my battles haven't changed in length aside from the example I've already described. It's no harder or easier as my ranking remains unchanged.

Toodles

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    There's an argument for that certainly but I've enough experience to know when a fight is over.

I would have to agree with the other post. 1, you are defeating yourself, that's not your opponent winning. 2, yes you can come back.

If you are putting in a team and its landing you in a losing position regularly, or out of your control, that's not the game. You want more strategy, but you wont change your team....that sounds like you are trying to fit a square peg into different shapes holes, sure it will fit in some, but sometimes you need to adapt.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Fair comment. It doesn't happen often enough to warrant a change in team, and I'm top 20 at payout 75% of the time so I'm over it when it happens. Incidentally, I am going to change my team long term to an Akbar led Genosian team to see what difference that makes. Taking ages though as Sun Fac loves his carbantis. Really loves them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    NasRegal wrote: »
    Then you need to fight better.
    I've had that done to me and still won.
    So there you go, don't give in so easily.

Same thing here. I have come back from a bad start several times in fleet arena. I'm sorry for the OP, who probably could have won some of the fights, he has forfeit.
  • You're doing it wrong.

I have no problem coming back from bad RNG or getting stuck behind a taunter in fleet arena. Maybe you should try a different team or strategy, instead of whining on the forums asking for CG to change the game so that you don't have to work so hard at it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You are right OP.
    There's no way(unless RNGesus) to come back from a bad start in ships now. Basically; everything in ships depends on RNG now.
    Most people understand that, but a handful don't. So yeah, you are right, don't worry. But it won't be fixed either, so do worry lol.

Ps. Really like the polite way of talking. :D

Since many of us are able to come back from a bad start, I don't think the issue is our understanding of the matter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tactics... it sounds like you're trying to run a target lock team but you get pwned ... no worse: you quit when you can't get that first target lock.
    . try fives.. he is fast, and tanky and his target lock doesn't miss.. as long as he isnt ability blocked, he will get your Biggs taunting
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    ****sigh****

Welcome to the internet me.

Whining - nope. At least not by my definition. I'm not moaning, said I still enjoy ships, it hasn't changed my ranking, and that it was just an observation.

I know the mechanics - as of right now I'm ranked 15 on a July 16 shard so I'd hope that gives me some leeway to make an observation.

My point simply is that the first 30 seconds of a ship's battle sometimes (not always) completely determine the outcome. I'm similarly ranked in the other arena and it's very rare that it happens there, and I was pointing this out. I don't always forfeit if I don't land target lock, but when I lose 2 ships within 3 turns then I will. It's all gravy if that's the way it's meant to be.