Bastilla and Jolee gameplay

Prev1
UdalCuain
4996 posts Member
Stumbled on this whilst playing on YouTube, and didn't see it posted here anywhere yet. Ganeplay video of Bastilla and Jolee. Guess it means they are coming shortly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnIpnrCOGoU

Replies

• I’m wondering what color Jolee Bindo’s saber will be. It’s green in Ahnald’s video, but blue in Mobilegamer’s.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    I’m wondering what color Jolee Bindo’s saber will be. It’s green in Ahnald’s video, but blue in Mobilegamer’s.

I'm not sure where it landed. I asked for it to be Green, because his initial lightsaber is Green in KotoR (since he's the Consular companion), but apparently there was a blue Jolee lightsaber somewhere in the fiction so we switched it at one point (which is why you're seeing this in the videos). We'll all find out shortly!
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Well default was green in KOTOR and he was a Consular. So that's where my money is.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I’m wondering what color Jolee Bindo’s saber will be. It’s green in Ahnald’s video, but blue in Mobilegamer’s.

I'm not sure where it landed. I asked for it to be Green, because his initial lightsaber is Green in KotoR (since he's the Consular companion), but apparently there was a blue Jolee lightsaber somewhere in the fiction so we switched it at one point (which is why you're seeing this in the videos). We'll all find out shortly!

Just curious. Why can CG reply within minutes regarding a light saber color, but continue to ignore the 1200 post long Sith Raid Feedback thread?

Can we get our priorities straight please?
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    İ don't care about Bastilla's kit, why did you do this to her beautiful face? Oh my god :((
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Just curious. Why can CG reply within minutes regarding a light saber color, but continue to ignore the 1200 post long Sith Raid Feedback thread?

• Old republic tag
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Agreed, but that's not his role at CG.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Jolee looks like he would be a great healer for Sith P1. Since his heals are based off his health and healers get extra hp in that raid...........good day for them.
  • Jaconis
    39 posts Member

I would think it’s obvious. This is something that can be easily answered. The sith raid stuff has either:
    1. Been answered, but people didn’t like the answer so they are continuing to complain. Or
    2. They don’t have an answer yet and are working on a solution that is viable at this point, in which case there is nothing more to be said until something is finalized.

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Blargh. Bastila's stun is worthless. Almost no potency, and she and Jolee have almost no damage. I'm seriously disappointed. CG, you had a real cash cow here if you could have just made them decent characters.

(I don't like Bastila's stance either, though this is smaller nitpick.)

EDIT: I was reacting mainly off of Ahnold's video. There's still a chance that somehow they end up being good once we get them in our hands. But it's not looking good so far.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Guy sees the character has low native potency, then proceed to not add potency on mods just to complain about said low potency. Seems legit...lol :D:D:D
  • I'm wondering why we're still seeing information from these people before official reveals from developers.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm wondering why we're still seeing information from these people before official reveals from developers.
    Agree. I prefer to get the info without boring comments.
  • At the least the dude transcribed all that into a post for Reddit... But it still ain't a developer and I still don't support it.

Wonder if we're about to get bombarded by ingame links next.

You'd think the outcry against this kinda info sharing would told them a thing or two. Community at large prefers their info straight from the source *first*.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wow, they really messed up Bastilla's face
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Wow, they really messed up Bastilla's face.

But seriously. How hard could it have been to make her look more like the 2003 game graphics?
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I think there is a pretty big issue with some of the gameplay footage I'm seeing. CubsfanHan in his video starting at timestamp 5:09 shows Bastilla's lead ability in action against palpatine nightmare teams with Traya. Aren't jedi supposed to have 150% tenacity when they have protection up under a Bastilla zeta lead? how in the heck are the sith able to still put debuffs on the jedi after having to go through that much tenacity? its like that stat doesn't even exist. it has to be able to do something at least. it can't be that those sith are just that lucky that their debuffs are getting that small chance of being applied EVERY single time regardless of tenacity. It should be where the jedi just rarely even get debuffed while they have that protection up 200%. is her ability working as intended? I thought it was pretty egregious when Sion does his special ability and can't dispell the protection up 200% (good) yet is able to inflict pain on EVERY jedi.......really? all 5 of them? that has got to be pretty unlikely with all of them having that much tenacity. Sion doesn't have nearlly that much potency to bypass that much tenacity.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Blargh. Bastila's stun is worthless. Almost no potency, and she and Jolee have almost no damage. I'm seriously disappointed. CG, you had a real cash cow here if you could have just made them decent characters.

EDIT: I was reacting mainly off of Ahnold's video. There's still a chance that somehow they end up being good once we get them in our hands. But it's not looking good so far.

Potency mods
  • Also, did not the healer have a revive ability for fallen jedi... why didn't that occur in the fight vs vader
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »

Potency mods

Eh. Mobilegamer tried to put potency mods, and it still wasn't really sticking.

And potency mods don't fix the lack of damage. They only makes it worse: needing to use potency mods mean that you can't use other mods that could be more helpful.

And they don't help her face :(.
  • I'm not sure where it landed. I asked for it to be Green, because his initial lightsaber is Green in KotoR (since he's the Consular companion), but apparently there was a blue Jolee lightsaber somewhere in the fiction so we switched it at one point (which is why you're seeing this in the videos). We'll all find out shortly

Thank you, @CG_CapGaSP im sure you realise (even if others dont) that a little more communication just like this can keep the forums a much more posative place doesn't have to be in depth, just communicating is a good start.

Thanks

PS we need a forum communication manager if you fancy the post? Or take pity on the one we have and mentor him up a bit, cheers
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Potency buff from her basic should just be part of her Unique, there problem solved
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    sigh, more jedi who're not attackers.... for a faction of people with laser swords, nobody likes to hurt anybody, eh? besides Ezra and JKA (who's barely used these days), we've got such illustrious damage dealers like young Ahsoka and... Kit Fisto! wow!!! overwhelming power indeed....
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member

Lol I was about to say this when while scrolling up to quote him, I saw your post. Apparently lightsaber colors warrant an almost immediate dev response, an impressive 17 minutes! But 1200 posts, plus the countless deleted posts, and what, about 2 months now? Zero response...

Wow @CG_CapGaSP and @CG_SBCrumb
  • He lost in that video because he kept going for the stun instead of the ability block attack that has +100% potency. If he had just kept Nihilus ability blocked he would have won easy.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    He lost in that video because he kept going for the stun instead of the ability block attack that has +100% potency. If he had just kept Nihilus ability blocked he would have won easy.
    Pretty much. Sion and Emperor were already dead. Just keep Nihilus skills locked with Bastila basic while killing Vader.
  • DarthGazza wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »

Potency mods

She's the jedi version of Zeb. "It's quite irritating"..lol