Next July is the 25th anniversary of Tie Fighter.

7AnimalMother
2053 posts Member
edited July 2018
I loved KOTOR, and am excited to see the new toon releases. That said, my favorite Star Wars game of all time, and honestly one of the BEST games of all time was Tie Fighter.

Any chance we can honor THAT game next year with the release of this guy (and a ship for him of course):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele

Please? :)

Replies

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    I would love to see Maarek Stele in a TIE Defender. And we badly need more ships.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Amazing game. Was playing it right up until the Win 7 - 10 upgrade broke it forever (early last year). You just don't get good strategy flight sims anymore, game devs have gone for eye candy that appeals to walmart shoppers.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Amazing game. Was playing it right up until the Win 7 - 10 upgrade broke it forever (early last year). You just don't get good strategy flight sims anymore, game devs have gone for eye candy that appeals to walmart shoppers.

If you still want to play it, it does work with W10. I had troubles with my original copy, but I got a steam star wars bundle that contained the game and evidently it has some Win10 fixes with it and it works on my Win10 Pc. You may want to check steam, I think you can probably get the game for $5 or as part of a bundle.
  • kalidor wrote: »

If you are into those games and you do not care old graphics (space has new textures but not models), I suggest Star Wars Galaxies Leyends. Space combat is as good as games like XWing, Tie Fighter, XWing vs Tie Fighter, and even better because you can customize ship components to improve speed, shields or other stats. You can invite players to your own YT1300 to be gunners or just to socialize in the interior of the ship.
    If you do not like the ground part of the game you can just ignore it, they give you a token to max the level.
    The weak part is the lack of story, it is a sandbox so missions are the classic kill X amount of ships, scort that ship, destroy that big ship, etc.

If interested I can send you a referal.