feedback home is a graveyard!

I guess this is where topics go to die and get burried! Some posts are meant to start a discussion between the community and explore different possitions and ideas. It's a place to debate, agree and disagree with one another, but when the post is moved in less than a minute, out of the main subforums and into those "feedback" forums it's usually lost and it dies off because nobody wants to look there.

I understand grouping subjects for easier browsing however it's my humble opinion that this system seems to only make things harder to read and find. Grouping of topics is a good thing, I just think it's being implemented wrong on this forum.

I would at least give a topic a few hours to gain traction before moving it into the feedback section where it's guaranteed not to be seen by any more members.

Replies

• I had literally never looked in that section until right now so I could see what you were talking about.
  • Your post is already in feedback :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Through the use of the Discussions button you can see any topic that was recently posted to. Page 1 and 2 flow pretty fast, much like the old GD.

if you want to talk about something more specific there is a sub forum where you can search it out.

in the previous way things were, everything was in GD and was buried and repeated daily because no one wanted to go past page one or two.

is this ideal, not 100%, but people refusing to go to other sections isn't really the sorts problem, its people not wanting to change. Change is scary.

GD is being geared towards new content/dev posts/ and other posts that may not have a sub forum yet.

This is the general direction we are given and we are always working on new plans and methods.

but leaving something in GD and then moving it later, can seem like bias, if everything is not moved with an equal amount of time. and since we are almost all volunteers, there is no guarantee that we could keep that up in any real fashion.

using the sub forums allows topics to stay on top for a longer period of time, as they are not buried like they would be in GD.
  • Lulz.
  • Just because people aren’t engaging in the feedback section doesn’t mean people aren’t seeing it. Maybe they just don’t share your opinion.

Using the discussions button allows you to see all recent posts regardless of where the topic resides.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Through the use of the Discussions button you can see any topic that was recently posted to. Page 1 and 2 flow pretty fast, much like the old GD.

if you want to talk about something more specific there is a sub forum where you can search it out.

in the previous way things were, everything was in GD and was buried and repeated daily because no one wanted to go past page one or two.

is this ideal, not 100%, but people refusing to go to other sections isn't really the sorts problem, its people not wanting to change. Change is scary.

GD is being geared towards new content/dev posts/ and other posts that may not have a sub forum yet.

This is the general direction we are given and we are always working on new plans and methods.

but leaving something in GD and then moving it later, can seem like bias, if everything is not moved with an equal amount of time. and since we are almost all volunteers, there is no guarantee that we could keep that up in any real fashion.

using the sub forums allows topics to stay on top for a longer period of time, as they are not buried like they would be in GD.

I don't disagree but that's more if you want the devs to see it, not the players. I find that if something is geared towards the devs the best place may be the feedback section but if it's more geared towards the community it's better off in a main subforum, that's just my experience with the forum.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Just because people aren’t engaging in the feedback section doesn’t mean people aren’t seeing it. Maybe they just don’t share your opinion.

Using the discussions button allows you to see all recent posts regardless of where the topic resides.

Except there's a view count on every post so I can see how many people have actually seen it.
  • I had literally never looked in that section until right now so I could see what you were talking about.

That kind of sums it up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't disagree but that's more if you want the devs to see it, not the players. I find that if something is geared towards the devs the best place may be the feedback section but if it's more geared towards the community it's better off in a main subforum, that's just my experience with the forum.

Again, if that was the case, then the players wouldn't see it anyway, because it gets buried. The goal was to pace the traffic, if you want to see something new posted every few minutes, use the recent discussion button. Beyond that the subs are made so a conversation can take place.

Feedback goes both ways, people looking for feedback on their ideas and trying to provide feedback for the game.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    I only ever use the recent discussion button because of how fast things get buried. It's kind of annoying and inconvenient, but you get used to it, and it's better than constantly trying to fight (and loose to) the mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I only ever use the recent discussion button because of how fast things get buried. It's kind of annoying and inconvenient, but you get used to it, and it's better than constantly trying to fight (and loose to) the mods.

Thinking you are fighting with us is probably part of the problem.

Thinking that GD is the only place on the forum and that anything moved is buried, is another part.

But I get it, why work together when you can "try to fight"