Kit Reveal: Bastila Shan

Replies

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Can we have the 20% potency as a part of her unique, or instead allow her to have her own buff on her permanently throughout the battle so she doesn't have a crappy amount of potency please.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    You guys should know by now CG can't do faces to save their life.
    However, everything else looks dope, and I'm psyched!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Keja
    43 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: At the start of Bastila's turn, she recovers 2% Protection for each buff she has, and all other allies gain 3% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn. (Legendary Battle Meditation: +50% Potency and +35% Counter Chance; doubled for Jedi)

Is the TM gain for each buff? If Bastilla has 3 buffs would all other allies gain 9% TM (18% for Jedi) or just a flat 3% regardless of buffs on her?

Good question. SmithyD said it's per buff, but after watching several of the GC videos, that does not appear to be the case.
  • These two new characters seem to be designed to shine in HSR, not arena.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    gufu21 wrote: »
    I don't need her to be super hot or anything...

Your graciousness, Sir, knows almost no bounds!

:smiley:

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If that’s what she wore when she was trying to help her fellow Jedi to concentrate, I wouldn’t be surprised that they were destroyed by Raven or whoever it was (only watched movies and cartoons).
    A little too sexy for a female Jedi. I like it :p
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Bastila is missing her surfboard. :/
  • Really finding her animation extremely annoying
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    After watching a lot of videos and giving her kit a lot of thought, I think my biggest issue is that her leader ability is plain awful. Its like Enfys Nest where you get the first move and after that the leader ability is non-existent. Which is terrible as far as leader abilities goes, since they have to be something that lingers on for the entirety of the match. The leader ability can be broken into three components

1. 15% TM at the start of the battle - After all your Jedi move this component is essentially useless. What's worse is that Darth Maul gives more TM boost (20%) and it procs over and over (for each dodge with other benefits) and its feels very lackluster.

2. Pretaunt Jedi Tanks.... again after the tanks take a turn this leader ability is nonexistent. Its a one turn ability. And with the increased TM you get, your pre-taunting tank is most likely going to go before the enemy and will lose that pretaunt

3. Undispellable Protection up - Neat but, again, after a couple of hits its just gone. Its not even a leader ability but a buff and not a game changing one. While every other leader just flips the table during the course of the battle. Bastilla gives you a small headstart and not a huge one.

The leader ability feels like a huge unique ability to me. Its a one and done ability that doesn't linger for the rest of the battle other than the abysmal protection up and what's worse is that its extremely limited to Jedi allies.

My other disappointment is that her legendary battle meditation could turn the tide of war, so I expected something powerful like bb8's illuminated destiny can turn the battle around. This is pretty meh.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    I was absolutely stoked when these were announced, but I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest. Here's what could make this better:

Cosmetic feedback:
    1. Can her fighting stance just please be the same as Darth Maul's? If you've ever played KOTOR, you know that that's more like her fighting stance. The current one looks extremely unnatural with her arm held waaaay back like that.
    2. Her face needs some work. I don't need her to be super hot or anything, but she just doesn't look anything like the character we're used to seeing. That's all I'd like.

Kit feedback:
    • Subvert Defenses is just not working because she has almost no potency. Even with potency mods, it's not working. Any chance of adding some mk7 scanners on her? Alternatively (and even better), the potency boost on her basic really ought to be on her unique. Another option is to have her give herself the legendary battle meditation buff so she has at least +30% potency from that.
    • Her leadership is supposed to grant +150% tenacity, but in the gameplay we've seen so far, a Jedi team under her lead is still getting hit with debuffs all the time. Is this working correctly?
    • A little more offense would be nice. I know she's a support, but it's not like the Jedi faction is overflowing with offense as it is. Even with offense up, she's hardly doing any damage.

CG, you guys have a cash cow on your hands with these KOTOR toons. If you can make them decent characters—not even meta-changing, just decent—the money will be pouring in. But as they stand now, they are extremely underwhelming and will earn you much less than they could have. Even the GameChangers are saying that these are not worth spending any money on, even for whales. You can change that. Please consider it.

I came here to post almost exactly the same thing.

- Her idle stance animation is REALLY GOOFY and annoying, I mean she is pretty near dancing it looks really dumb.

- Offense is a little low for what she is meant for, even with 4 living Jedi's on team. We're not looking for Yoda damage just something significant enough to matter and make her worth having around here or there, another 15% on both attacks would be nice.

- And yeah 7% potency on a toon that has a nice stun ability pretty much renders it useless, and videos out show exactly this, you can not stun with her, what a waste, I really hope that gets tweaked ASAP.

I do think she'll work great with GMY on a Jedi team in particular, she gives him a bunch of buffs and then he shares them with the rest of the team, nice.
  • I agree with the animation being extremely annoying. It looks like she has horrible balance and can’t stand up straight...
  • I agree with the animation being extremely annoying. It looks like she has horrible balance and can’t stand up straight...

Sad part is thats that is pretty much the only aspect CG used to actually do a good job at: art / graphic design. And now, with this face, stance, this also seems to have vanished.
    Not being familiar with KOTOR I though she was a surfer with an invisible surf-board.:D
    I agree on all points made so far, both the positive and negative ones. :)
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So this new character has a major flaw. Her stun barely works on the "event unit" in the marquee event.

In fact the first time I am "taught" to use it, it fails. It rarely lands at all.

I would hate to think the idea is we have to gear her to utilize her special attack.... especially when the "event unit" isnt apparently geared to utilize the move. Doesn't leave much hope for the character to ever land stuns.

So when is the rework of that ability coming?
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I agree with the animation being extremely annoying. It looks like she has horrible balance and can’t stand up straight...
    Not being familiar with KOTOR I though she was a surfer with an invisible surf-board.:D
    I agree on all points made so far, both the positive and negative ones. :)

Come on Ddlooping, you have to play KOTOR, seriously ;) ! For Bastilla, I guess they took the opportunity to put a jedi team viable in arena against the current meta, at least in the most "not-so-competitive" shards. We'll have to wait for further test, I would be interesting to see how it works with a speedy Yoda, ability block on Old Ben and Hoda .... Could work great !
  • Red23
    11 posts Member
    Her assist ability + ATF seems like a match made in heaven
  • Soon.
  • Bastila-surfing.png?width=298&height=300
    That'll be my last contribution towards the "Bastila is a surfer" discussion, promise. ;)
  • Barbaric...However, you basically started a swgoh meme .... Poor Bastila ^^.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Seems almost useless vs the Sith Triumpt meta. Might make a Jedi Squad Viable in TW and TB I guess.

The 100% stun is nice, and unless hit with Buff immunity will have +50% potency at the start of each turn, so should work a lot better then players are saying. Except stun is pointless vs the Sith Tri. Same can be said for ability block.

She does seem Built to support Fulcrum (who is not a Jedi).

Rally could also be used with GMY to Buff a squad. A nice 1-2 combo... But given that GMYoda has 37 more Base speed you would need to gimp his speed so that Shan goes first.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    She does seem Built to support Fulcrum...
    Nah, she's built to support Raven. ;)
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The 100% stun is nice, and unless hit with Buff immunity will have +50% potency at the start of each turn, so should work a lot better then players are saying.

No. She grants all OTHER allies 50% Potency, not herself, that is the problem. Her basic grants her potency, but only for that attack, so does NO good for the stun ability. So, a lousy 7% potency when she is maxed is what they gave her, a toon with a stun ability.

You can do a bunch of testing in the event, at first I was landing no stuns like the videos out, then I was getting some, but against these event toons which probably don't have high tenacity. The gamechangers did a lot more testing against high level toons and stun does not land. A crime

• Could it be a devs mistake ? Because, it clearly bump down the entire kit, she's not game changer but with an efficient amount of potency she could be really good. I mean, 7% is kind of insulting for an iconic character with a stun ability ...
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Dont like that leader ability at all. Ok for one round vs meta. But for anything else?

does the protection up (%200) go away after your first turn? either way with gmyoda giving out protection up i think her leader ability will quickly become the only viable one for an all jedi arena team.

It seems like the protection up 200% is there to stay. Doesn't go away after a turn, but I was also using GMY on auto, so not sure if he was able to copy to others or not.
  • I've been using GMY/Barris then Ezra, Fulcrum, Kanan and Boba and have easily waltzed through every tier. Fulcrum does really well thanks to all the buffs.
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I played around with Mace lead, Yoda, Kanan, Ezra and Fulcrum. Grant the first special to Yoda and he spreads it around. Let Fulcrum meditate and whirlwind. Mace and Kanan are interchangeable basically, I just used bectheyre my top Jedi. But the buffs on Ezra are very nice.

Her potency though...miserable...
  • I played around with Mace lead, Yoda, Kanan, Ezra and Fulcrum. Grant the first special to Yoda and he spreads it around. Let Fulcrum meditate and whirlwind. Mace and Kanan are interchangeable basically, I just used bectheyre my top Jedi. But the buffs on Ezra are very nice.

Her potency though...miserable...

Don't fall for it @BalecGonJinn . She only goes first in the marquee because they give her 100% TM to start the encounter. In non-marquee use, she is slow; she will not go before Yoda.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @CG_CapGaSP I have a question..... Do the Sith Marader and the Sith assassins in the bonus tier of the marquee event have super boosted potency campared to the normal PvP character? I know sometimes you boost these things to make stuff a challenge.

I am trying to evaluate Bastila usefulness

and with 257% tenacity Ezra getting debuffed it has me curious.
    doro6HF.jpg
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Bastila-surfing.png?width=298&height=300
    That'll be my last contribution towards the "Bastila is a surfer" discussion, promise. ;)

Great, now I can't unsee this every time I'm looking at her.

CG, please fix her fighting stance. It's just really overdone and distractingly unnatural. Darth Maul's would be about perfect.

Pretty please, with a cherry on top?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP I have a question..... Do the Sith Marader and the Sith assassins in the bonus tier of the marquee event have super boosted potency campared to the normal PvP character? I know sometimes you boost these things to make stuff a challenge.

I am trying to evaluate Bastila usefulness

and with 257% tenacity Ezra getting debuffed it has me curious.
    doro6HF.jpg

@CG_CapGaSP nevermind. It seems that Bastila lead ability is seriously bugged.