Kit Reveal: Bastila Shan

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    It seems that Bastila lead ability is seriously bugged.
    @scuba What makes you say that? :/

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Just a thought but maybe bastilla lead jedi will be the new phoenix team in that it will help you with two legendary events (yoda and presumably revan) the big protection buff each encounter will help newer players sustain their way through galactic war.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Special 3 shouldnt be tied to potency.

7% makes it useless for most of a basic fight. Perhaps sith raid is where it shines
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Here is the bug report I submitted

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bastila-protection-up-from-leader-ability-doesn-t-give-jedi/m-p/6917441#M15606

Basically her lead is only set up to give bonus damage and tenacity when jedi allies have the dispel-able protection up buff (like provided from Fulcrum basic) not the un-dispel-able one provided by bastila lead.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bastila-protection-up-from-leader-ability-doesn-t-give-jedi/m-p/6917441#M15606

Basically her lead is only set up to give bonus damage and tenacity when jedi allies have the dispel-able protection up buff (like provided from Fulcrum basic) not the un-dispel-able one provided by bastila lead.
    Scuba is correct, Bastila Shan’s Ability “Initiative” Zeta is not granting bonus Tenacity to Jedi Allies with Undispellable Protection Up. We are working on getting a hotfix out today to get this fixed but subject to change as usual.

Updated the known issues here
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Just a thought whatever about arena id say her lead will be insane in tw.

Her leadership bonus is kind of a head start at the start of a fight. It kind of fizzles our later on. But imagine her leadership head start on a team that already has tm loaded. You will be murdered.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Scuba is correct, Bastila Shan’s Ability “Initiative” Zeta is not granting bonus Tenacity to Jedi Allies with Undispellable Protection Up. We are working on getting a hotfix out today to get this fixed but subject to change as usual.

@CG_SBCrumb it is not just bonus tenacity it is also not granting the bonus damage. Granted the fix for one should fix the other but well yeah.
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So, I’m confused. Does the bonus potency for Jedi allies only apply to that one move? And does the 50% potency (or 100%?) from her unique not apply to her? I’m seeing it explained both ways and I can’t figure it out. If it does apply, then she actually should have major potency, when upgraded, if you put decent mods on her. And if it does, and it’s 100% she should always stun. It’s too confusing a kit.

I’ve been playing the levels and it seems she doesn’t get the battle buff. That’s not cool.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager

@CG_SBCrumb it is not just bonus tenacity it is also not granting the bonus damage. Granted the fix for one should fix the other but well yeah.
    Yes, sorry to not be super clear. The fix should address both those issues
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @scuba now I'm confused about this Prot up damage bonus. Her lead reads:

While Jedi allies have Prot up, they gain 150% tenacity and deal 35% more damage. Where is it indicating that undispellable prot up does not count for this, or, how did you ascertain that? Or, am I confused even further and what you are trying to say is that if it was working WAI, then her Prot buff SHOULD be granting the bonuses (but currently, isn't).

Side note for you Scuba, what do you make of her Potency and Unique ability issue. She does not get the Potency bonus correct, only "other allies" do? WAI? I can't remember if she was countering in battles, I am pretty sure she was not getting the legendary battle meditation buff though, and her stun only landed maybe 35% of the time for me

Cheers
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

@scuba now I'm confused about this Prot up damage bonus. Her lead reads:

While Jedi allies have Prot up, they gain 150% tenacity and deal 35% more damage. Where is it indicating that undispellable prot up does not count for this, or, how did you ascertain that? Or, am I confused even further and what you are trying to say is that if it was working WAI, then her Prot buff SHOULD be granting the bonuses (but currently, isn't).

Side note for you Scuba, what do you make of her Potency and Unique ability issue. She does not get the Potency bonus correct, only "other allies" do? WAI? I can't remember if she was countering in battles, I am pretty sure she was not getting the legendary battle meditation buff though, and her stun only landed maybe 35% of the time for me

Cheers
    @jayjonbeach
    Based on testing and the mechanics shown on swgoh.gg the undispelable protection up is not counting for the bonus and it should. What they are hopefully fixing is making it count for the undispelable protection up or that part of her lead is useless.
    here is some screen shots showing the damage difference. I waited to capture until ezra had max stacks of his offense unique

Ezra with dispelable protection up from Fulcrum:
    NhM6DkZ.png
    qYuTcpQ.png

Ezra with the undispelable protection up from Bastila lead:
    1wyrkih.png
    A0OG2Ko.png

Here is ezra with what should be 257% tenacity which means opponent would have to have 158% potency to land a debuff. Has potency up which is +50% so would need 108% and very lucky rng to get chance to resist to 99%
    W63sNms.png

as for her unique:
    "other allies gain 3% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn."

"Other allies" or "all other allies" has alway exluded the one that gives the bonus "all allies" included the one giving the bonus

From really old Q&A:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15965/q-amp-a-2-24-2016
    Do abilities that give bonuses to living allies, count for the toon itself?
    • Yes. Abilities that exclude the user will use the phrasing “other allies”.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @scuba Thanks a lot very helpful. That might explain why I found damage weird at times too then, my GMY was giving prot up that counted but hers must not have been. Sometimes she herself was doing good damage and others times it was really low, of course opponents and defense up played into that too.

I don't have Hoda and won't for a long time (same for GK for me sadly), so I want her for my Jedi team for raids, the stun doesn't matter for raids but it would be nice to have for other areas like TB, TW etc for sure. I guess GMY won't be able to share that Battle Meditation back to her either I'm thinking
  • ps - A shame Fulcrum is not a Jedi, but still I think she would be an amazing addition to a team with GMY and Bastila on it for sure, especially for Raids or Arena, Whirlwind should be hitting for ~40K, 60 on a non-modded crit and much higher if modded, that is crazy dmg!!!
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    @scuba , have you been able to confirm that the recent hotfix fixed the missing tenacity and damage bugs on her leadership?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    gufu21 wrote: »
    @scuba , have you been able to confirm that the recent hotfix fixed the missing tenacity and damage bugs on her leadership?

No. I will play around with it later though.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The following could possibly be another bug...

- I was going to equip her with the G10 Mk 6 CEC Fusion Furnace that gives +50 Tacticts.
    - I decided to have a look at her stats first to try and guess how much it would increase her Resistance
    - Its value was 22.49% and I estimated it'd go up to about 25%
    - I equipped the Furnace and was surprised to see her Resistance was still 22.49%

So either I'm either missing something or there might be a bug.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The following could possibly be another bug...

- I was going to equip her with the G10 Mk 6 CEC Fusion Furnace that gives +50 Tacticts.
    - I decided to have a look at her stats first to try and guess how much it would increase her Resistance
    - Its value was 22.49% and I estimated it'd go up to about 25%
    - I equipped the Furnace and was surprised to see her Resistance was still 22.49%

So either I'm either missing something or there might be a bug.
    @ddlooping2
    I just equipped the same gear piece (4*) and resistance went from 17.79% to 18.32%
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I did some testing on the bonus tier with just Bastilla and Kanan in the party under First Order Officer lead

All scores were recorded without offense down on Kanan or using Bastila's assist special and Sith Trooper had Defense Up on all hits by Kanan

Kanan (damage values with 200% protection up) - (All attacks were critical hits)
    1650 1708 1694 1733 1585 1710
    Kanan's Damage Output after losing the protection up - (All attacks were critical hits)
    1196 1285

you multiply the damage with 1.35 and its matching up with the variance I was getting with protection up buff

EDIT: Didn't keep track of the tenacity up working as it should
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    For the people complaining about her base potency, please Google "Potency Mods."
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    @scuba Thanks, I must have messed up somehow.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    For the people complaining about her base potency, please Google "Potency Mods."

LOL - good luck going up from 7% with pot mods to something meaningful. Even if you put all 3 sets on her AND had it on the cross it would be barely usable against anything higher level, and then you have also now wasted the opportunity to better things in those spots. A shame really
  • I have a theorycraft team under a Bastila lead :
    Bastila (L) - Ezra - Yoda - Hoda - OldBen

All of the jedi are going first due to Bastila lead, she calls Yoda to assist granting him with a ton of buff with Rally.
    Yoda gives all these buffs to the team with Battle meditation.
    Hoda calls Yoda to assist with Master's training.
    Ezra calls Yoda to assist ans double tap.
    Yoda should has another turn due to his speed and TM gain at every hit of his basic. You use Unstoppable force for maximum damages.
    Old Ben uses Mind tricks with potency up from the buffs he gains so your whole team has another free turn, full of buffs.

I think it's the way Bastila is supposed to work, giving us an extra first turn against meta teams which go hard on the first turn :
    Palp meta with Vader's force crush + Palp stun and Sion debuff
    JTR with BB8 really fast turn and the stealth from R2
    NS with the plague from MT

So she could be really good under a good TM manipulation team coupling with ton of buffs. So 7% of potency should not be an issue.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    I totally agree with ultra. CG really dropped the ball with her battle meditation. I was hoping she could level the playing field against the sith (who have like 50 built in advantages over jedi). In KOTOR her battle meditation was described as increasing the moral and endurance of the jedi while literally debuffing the sith. I mean that's a layup it could have directly translated to this game, potency and counter chance??? She should have an ability like palpatines that targets the sith faction and debuffs them. It just feels like cg is intent on making the jedi weaker. I mean my god look at the abilities of the clone war jedi's its ridiculous compared to other factions
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    @Scuba yea not to mention her stun is unusable with her 7% potency. I couldn't believe I was unable to land a stun on the weakest enemies during the event
  • I hope you are all preparing for the new Tenacity counter meta - just wait untill they rework the tenacity mods set

and for those complainig about her Potency look at her passive ability
    she adds +50% potency

u use the stun after she gets the meditation bonus

she works great with Old Ben and under GMY they will make Palp lead obsolete, making Traya the only viable lead in defending vs the Jedi team

palp cant speed up the sith if they cant land the debuffs and the tenacity itself cant be dispelled by Sion
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    she adds +50% potency
    u use the stun after she gets the meditation bonus
    @Pacyn4life "Legendary Battle Meditation" only applies to "all other allies", a point that was made a few times.
  • ok then, she still can pull at least 62% potency just from mods, 70% is possible with good secondaries
  • VonZant wrote: »

LOL - good luck going up from 7% with pot mods to something meaningful. Even if you put all 3 sets on her AND had it on the cross it would be barely usable against anything higher level, and then you have also now wasted the opportunity to better things in those spots. A shame really

Maybe you should pair her up with Fisto if you are having Potency issues. I put a Pot cross and a Pot set on her and had no real trouble landing stuns. Mine is at 47.55% Pot and could go higher with another Pot set or two.
  • Kings_and_Pawns
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    RomanLeaf wrote: »
    I have a theorycraft team under a Bastila lead :
    Bastila (L) - Ezra - Yoda - Hoda - old Ben

This is the team I've been using with great success! With the zeta on bastila lead I am able to beat traya lead triumvirate god teams.. with nest/trooper/thrawn side peices.. all 110+ speed (302 speed nest?!)

These are teams my previous team with Gmy lead and JKA didn't stand a chance against and I would avoid (mostly would climb thro JTR's and Palp leads)

I'm sure on defense These Traya god teams could still auto me down with the new bastila lead, but I'm just happy the jedi have a cool team that can finally handle itself in the meta on offense.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Is her leadership ability (+150% while Protection Up) now working as intended?
    A lot of debuffs seem to still stick.