IPD Mission - Can I do it?

Prev1
Stud3099
601 posts Member
edited July 2018
I'm prepping for the IPD mission and wondering if this squad can do it:
https://swgoh.gg/u/stud3099/squads/102964/

I'll have shore and Starck up to 6 stars by the time the TB starts. I would move my arena mods to the team before attempting (+60-80 speed). I also have a zeta that I could potentially drop on Veers. I'd rather not do it but I'd consider it if it was pretty much a sure win.

Who should I try to gear further over the next few days?

From what I've read, I will likely not complete the mission this go but wanting to get some concrete opinions on my current squad and recommendations for improvement.

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It will be tough with your lineup. I don’t think you are quite ready. You definitely need to move arena mods on the team to have a chance.

As for improvements, a zeta on Veers is always good for this event and just trooper fun in general.
  • i do not believe it will be enough to complete the mission either. if you gear them up a bit more and get starck and tropper as close to 7* as possible. G11+ I would advise for all of them with some good mods.

I am sure its doable with slightly less, but just to make it easier :)
  • With g7 Snow and Starck? I doubt it.

So what's a good target gear level?
  • Zeta veers, g8 and really good mods

g7 will not get it done. Just keep gearing until you clear it. What's the worst that can happen if you give them more than the absolute minimum gear required to clear the level? You might make it less reliant on RNG, and that is not a bad thing.

Troopers have several uses for me. Giving them more gear is not really a bad thing.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    With g7 Snow and Starck? I doubt it.

g7 will not get it done. Just keep gearing until you clear it. What's the worst that can happen if you give them more than the absolute minimum gear required to clear the level? You might make it less reliant on RNG, and that is not a bad thing.

Troopers have several uses for me. Giving them more gear is not really a bad thing.

Definitely not a bad thing. I intend to continue working on them anyway for STR but was more curious if anyone thought there was a chance I could get there this time ideally without the zeta on Veers.
  • Without veers zeta it’s the same as trying to run a Finn led res squad without Finns zeta
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    without the veers zeta, even g11 on all of them wouldn't cut it. I've heard of people failing with g11-12 and the zeta.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Jaxom wrote: »
    without the veers zeta, even g11 on all of them wouldn't cut it. I've heard of people failing with g11-12 and the zeta.

There is some amount of strategy required. Those Hoth Rebel Soldier elites can apply daze on counterattack, and all of a sudden shut down a chunk of the strategy.

• The problem is that you only get one attempt per month. I just barely missed clearing it last time, with zeta on veers and mostly g11. Now I have zeta'd starck and took shore to g12 and I'm pretty optimistic.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Same question for me: https://swgoh.gg/u/xhedao/squads/105743/

First round was pretty simple last time, with less gear levels then now. Second round was a complete desaster-. Best killorder is CHS -> CLS (with DM) -> ROLO?
  • You are ready @Xhedao. Omega veers lead, starck buff ability, snow aoe, shore taunt, in that order.

Give starck atleast 80 speed, start with his buff ability. Mod others with crit dmg, crit chance. Except shore who should have prot. primaries on his arrow/cross/triangle. Use health mods or whatever available for him. Speed isnt required as such for them. It helps, but not required.
  • Kill the scrubs first for sure, then CHS. Last time I killed Rolo next and got to just CLS with everyone but shore still up, but Luke won that 1v4 battle. I still think Leia should die first, but with only one attempt per month its hard to verify.
  • Trojan
    23 posts Member
    It's a tough one, I have Zeta veers, and high gear starck, snow, storm and shore and even though I've beat it before today CLS just did an **** whoopin
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Jaxom wrote: »

But some manage without Veers' zeta. I believe, that without the zeta, stormtrooper would be the better tank due to the defense bonus he gives the whole team, which makes their protection last longer.
  • Well? Did you do it, OP?
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    @Stud3099 I'm curious too. There absolutely no way you did without zetaing veers, and I really doubt you managed to anyway, but I would love for you to prove us wrong.

PS, if you didn't zeta veers, zeta him. He makes Imp Trooper so much fun to play.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So I watched a whole bunch of videos about the IPD mission before I made my first attempt (I've cleared it maybe 4 or 5 times now), and these are my conclusions:

You need at least one of the following three conditions:
    • Good gear, maybe g10 or better
    • Zeta Veers
    • Deathtrooper

I've seen people with no zeta or DT do it with great gear. I've seen people with zeta veers do it with g9-ish and no DT. and I've seen people do it with g9 average, no zeta, but with DT (deathmark works wonders).

But that's the absolute minimum, and no guarantee. But it's possible. If you want a good shot, aim for two of those three.

Strategy also matters a lot. In my experience, though it's tempting to just spam snow's aoe on the first wave, I've had better results just picking off one guy at time, especially your first kill. It minimizes the counters.

Then kill CHS (ideally, you head into wave 2 with Veers' special off cooldown), ROLO, and then CLS. If you can, save a deathmark for CLS, and hope to time it so that he doesn't cleanse it right away (ability block can help here).

Good luck all.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    @gufu21 I think that's a reasonable simple breakdown. I think without DT and Shore and veers zeta, you legit might need to be pushing g12 with all of them to do it. With DT Shore and veers zeta, I was first able to do it around g9 or so, maybe one or two g10, but that's not to say I couldn't have done it with a little bit less. The first time I cleared it was the first time I had veers zeta, and I put arena mods on (+100-110 speed) and totally smashed it.
  • I clear it with g10 Troopers and zVeers. Get about 70+ speed on Starck and the buffs should make the rest of your team fast enough if they have reasonable mods. I did it with Shore, Magma and Snow today.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I completed the mission yesterday for the first time.
    Some recent improvements on the team were the key.
    Z Veers g11, Shoretrooper g11, Deathtrooper g10, Snowtrooper g9, Starck g9 (all are 7 stars of course).
    In wave 2 kill order is:
    1) Captain Han Solo (easy and fast with Veers special)
    2) CLS (difficult, see below)
    3) ROLO (easy)
    I you can't apply deathmark to CLS (not simple, since he often has foresight) you are dead...
  • I completed the mission yesterday for the first time.
    Some recent improvements on the team were the key.
    Z Veers g11, Shoretrooper g11, Deathtrooper g10, Snowtrooper g9, Starck g9 (all are 7 stars of course).
    In wave 2 kill order is:
    1) Captain Han Solo (easy and fast with Veers special)
    2) CLS (difficult, see below)
    3) ROLO (easy)
    I you can't apply deathmark to CLS (not simple, since he often has foresight) you are dead...

Congrats, However, deathmark isn’t needed, and secondly, rolo second is usually your best bet, cls can be left for last very easily.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thank you guys! Worked fine this time.
  • If you can get deathmark on cls right after he cleanses this mission is actually kind of easy.
  • Thought I'd share that I was able to complete it this time using this team
    https://swgoh.gg/u/stud3099/squads/102964/

Good luck everyone!
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My latest, I doubt I can do much more, all I got left is 1 MK5 Droid Caller to use. Need a lot more MK3 Holo Projectors.

Veers: Lvl 82, zeta'd, Gear 9 (5/6), Speed = 183, Pot = 42.62%
    Snowtrooper: Lvl 80, max'd, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 144, Dam = 2798
    Starck: Lvl 80, max'd no zeta, Gear 9 (3/6), Speed = 207
    Magmatrooper: Lvl 80, max'd, Gear 9 (5/6), Speed = 177
    Stormtrooper: Lvl 78, max'd no zeta, Gear 9 (4/6), Speed = 137, Health = 21.1K, Protection = 22.8K

===============================================
    UPDATE: I went in and strengthen them to:

Veers: Lvl 82, zeta'd, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 183, Pot = 42.62%
    Snowtrooper: Lvl 80, max'd, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 144, Dam = 2798
    Starck: Lvl 80, max'd no zeta, Gear 9 (5/6), Speed = 207
    Magmatrooper: Lvl 80, max'd, Gear 10 (1/6), Speed = 177
    Stormtrooper: Lvl 79, max'd no zeta, Gear 10 (1/6), Speed = 137, Health = 21.8K, Protection = 29.3K

RESULT: Didn't win.
    ===============================================
    UPDATE: Let's try again:

Veers: Lvl 82, zeta'd, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 183, Pot = 42.62%
    Snowtrooper: Lvl 81, max'd, Gear 10 (4/6), Speed = 152, Dam = 2939
    Starck: Lvl 82, max'd no zeta, Gear 10 (2/6), Speed = 207
    Magmatrooper: Lvl 82, max'd, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 177
    Stormtrooper: Lvl 79, max'd no zeta, Gear 10 (3/6), Speed = 137, Health = 21.9K, Protection = 29.3K

RESULT: WIN!!! (with 6/6 in Ships Platoons, hopefully it was not just because of good RNG)
    Post edited by Metroplex79 on
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I have DT and Shore, but both are only 4*, so I'm building this as my alternative:

General Veers (L) - Not zeta'd yet, but he's getting my next one once I've farmed the mats.
    Colonel Starck - 7*, hope to be around G9 by the next DSTB
    Snowtrooper - 7*, G9, but aiming for 10 by the next event
    Stormtrooper - Same as Starck
    Range Trooper - 6* and should be G8 or 9 when the next DSTB returns

I have another account that has 7* G8 Magma instead of Range but otherwise is in the same boat. Has anyone here done it with a similar setup? I see what it took Metroplex79 but I'm more wondering if Range Trooper will make it easier or should I expect this to crush me?
  • Doable with great mods but it’d be tough I say. Rng could go either way. What gear level is veers going to be at?
  • I have zVeers GS12, Stark GS11, Snow GS10, Magma GS11 and Shore GS8. All with good mods with secondary speed. I make it to the 2 phase and CLS one shots everyone or Leia blasts them.

Can’t stand the RNG in this game anymore. Just like Ewoks. I read people do ATST with crap ewoks mine are GS10 and can’t get past the 5 Imperials in phase 4.