Kit Reveal: Jolee Bindo

Replies

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Asian? hahahaha

Someone need a new pair of glasses. :D:D:D
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Is it a random ally that assists in that ability or is it a chosen one? @CG_SBCrumb

"Target ally", in ability description.

@ChristophIV it wasnt there when i asked. That was my polite way of asking them to clarify. Glad they added it but someone/anyone needs to proofread this stuff before its added.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Jolee's definitely put on some weight after all his time living as a hermit in the forest.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb

I really need a clarification on what's going on with Jolee's target ally attack + heal then heal all jedi allies ability "Eh, You Do It".

So your explanation states that EYDI cannot trigger General Kenobi's leader ability pulling any jedi ally at full health from a team healing special into an assist attack. However, if GK is leading and you have 4 additional allies, including Jolee, then it is a 5 jedi team. Therefore, EYDI is a team healing special. Therefore, it should still trigger the ability. Even without a full jedi team, this seems like it should be able to trigger GK's leader assist.

I realize this is probably a coding or bug centered around the term "team healing special". Is Jolee's ability starting with targeting an ally the problem? Is it because it may not always heal the full team? Something else?

Please clarify. If it is a bug then unless there is something game-breaking at stake, IMO it should get addressed so that Jolee's healing effect from this does trigger the GK leader assist.
  • Shame on you devs. Jolee Bindo was one of my favorite characters from KOTOR, which is near and dear to my heart. How could you possibly make a mistake as large as making Jolee look Asian when he is unabashedly black? Did you not check any of the source material? I really don't think this is being picky. Clearly this is a huge mistake. Hopefully you'll fix it asap.

oh god here we go again.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I guess somebody took down my post or something. But basically it was shame on the devs for making Jolee look Asian when he's a black character. I played KOTOR when it first came out, and Jolee was my fav. No excuse for this mistake. Just Google the characters name. ebt4alqz3pmz.jpg

[ ] asian...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I really need a clarification on what's going on with Jolee's target ally attack + heal then heal all jedi allies ability "Eh, You Do It".

So your explanation states that EYDI cannot trigger General Kenobi's leader ability pulling any jedi ally at full health from a team healing special into an assist attack. However, if GK is leading and you have 4 additional allies, including Jolee, then it is a 5 jedi team. Therefore, EYDI is a team healing special. Therefore, it should still trigger the ability. Even without a full jedi team, this seems like it should be able to trigger GK's leader assist.
    The semantics are subject to interpretation, but "no" is not an invalid interpretation to implement. And that's the way they chose to go. I'm disappointed, too, but it is a valid interpretation.
    Still not a he.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Yeah it is a shame, that would make him even better with General Kenobi.

Hopefully the other Old Republic chars will have better sinergy.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Just saying, but Jolee's zeta revives all Jedi and grants them crit immunity for 5 turns.

That breaks GK's ability to taunt and Barriss' zeta.

So I would say that he doesn't really work with GK (or Barriss) at all.

Did anyone else notice that in the event? GK pops back to life, and proceeds to stand there like an ****, incapable of taunting. *sigh*
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that in the event? GK pops back to life, and proceeds to stand there like an ****, incapable of taunting. *sigh*

I did yeah. And he kept getting whacked. After doing nothing.

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    He wasn't taunting the first time i tried that on the event but on the second one his taunt was working. Maybe the event is bugged?
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    He wasn't taunting the first time i tried that on the event but on the second one his taunt was working. Maybe the event is bugged?

It's not a bug in the event, I don't think ... it is a terrible kit design for Jolee that is causing the problem. GK will taunt if an ally gets critically hit. But Jolee provides the Jedi with Crit Immunity ... so nobody can get crit, so GK can't taunt. So Jolee makes the best Jedi tank unable to taunt! Somebody didn't think that one through ...
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb so it seems Jolee Bindo basic is bugged and not reducing his cooldowns on counter or assist attacks

See bug report here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en/message-id/15649
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »

It's not a bug in the event, I don't think ... it is a terrible kit design for Jolee that is causing the problem. GK will taunt if an ally gets critically hit. But Jolee provides the Jedi with Crit Immunity ... so nobody can get crit, so GK can't taunt. So Jolee makes the best Jedi tank unable to taunt! Somebody didn't think that one through ...

I guess they want to get rid of GK in favor of other combinations
  • Jolee possibly make a good Jedi squad for P4 of the sith raid. Similar to NS to take out DN ? Looks promising
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Old Ben dies, Old Ben gives buffs, Jolee revives Old Ben, do it again. Throw in GK, Kanan, and HYoda for a timeout team.
  • Wil wrote: »
    Old Ben dies, Old Ben gives buffs, Jolee revives Old Ben, do it again. Throw in GK, Kanan, and HYoda for a timeout team.

OB only awards the bonuses the first time he is defeated.
  • The event is not bugged in t6. It does however point out the stiff negative impact his revive has when trying to use GK with the team. Or zBarriss for that matter. Their best mutual abilities are negated by the crit immunity given by Jolee's zeta special.

For t6 I did two turns with just jolee and bastila (who are at high level for event units) then pulled the rez off and fed yoda all the buffs and that was that. When I rez'd on turn one it was messy and a wipe.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Jolee wasn't reducing cooldowns on his basic when dealing damage in his event, although it does say it should.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Jolee wasn't reducing cooldowns on his basic when dealing damage in his event, although it does say it should.

It is bugged and only reduces the CD when he uses his basic during his turn not on an assist or counter.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Another potential issue: If you put it on Auto he also seems to use his 3rd special group heal ability if the character is missing just 5% protection. Even if they have no debuffs and are missing no health. I know his wisdom ability provides protection up when targeted, but it should not override the heal or rez aspect.

Perhaps protection up is messing with the formula that checks when to use it? Completely wasted it 3 times in a row.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb so it seems Jolee Bindo basic is bugged and not reducing his cooldowns on counter or assist attacks

See bug report here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en/message-id/15649
    Nice. That means they are going to fix it. Was afraid that was intended. :s
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    scuba wrote: »

It is bugged and only reduces the CD when he uses his basic during his turn not on an assist or counter.
    Yes, this is a bug and we are looking to hotfix it later today. Jolee's basic should reduce cooldowns when assisting and countering
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

So your explanation states that EYDI cannot trigger General Kenobi's leader ability pulling any jedi ally at full health from a team healing special into an assist attack. However, if GK is leading and you have 4 additional allies, including Jolee, then it is a 5 jedi team. Therefore, EYDI is a team healing special. Therefore, it should still trigger the ability. Even without a full jedi team, this seems like it should be able to trigger GK's leader assist. .

@Anavel_gato: After the initial disappointment with these iconic character, the possibilities with jolee's team healing and kenobi's swarm synergy actually got me excited for this character. Then I found out that cg got cute with the language of his ability so it specifically doesnt work with kenobi's ability! That was the final straw for me, I am convinced that cg is hell bent on making the jedi as lame as possible. Wont spend a dime on these two!
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb: This game is great, and you guys have done an amazing job. But seriously what is up with the jedi!? If you directly compare the sith to jedi its ridiculously unbalanced, and then with jolee you guys go way out of your way to kneecap his healing ability so it doesnt work with kenobi!? Please for god's sake give the jedi some love, at the end of the day it's more profitable for you guys. There are already a ton of youtube channels dedicated just to this game that are telling people that these beloved characters are not worth it, because you guys just refuse to give the jedi great abilities (except for yoda).
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Agree. Make him work with Kenobi.Why go out of the way just to make his healing not having sinergy with General Kenobi?
  • Seriously how many new characters do we need in such a short period and mythic events are boring and unrealistically for real game play
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Agree. Make him work with Kenobi.Why go out of the way just to make his healing not having sinergy with General Kenobi?

Thank god there's actually a swgoh fan who cares that the jedi are getting kneecapped by the dev's. Felt like I was taking crazy pills for a second. More people need to speak up about this, so we can save one of the most iconic factions in the star wars universe, and make them more fun and competitive to use. I haven't seen a jedi arena team since I was ranked #500-450!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I actually understand where the devs are coming from. With GK lead, Jolee and Hoda for example

>Jolee does Eh, You do it and everyone assists including Jolee (CD is now from 3 to 2)
    >GK does his call all allies to assist attack (Eh is on 1 turn CD)

Jolee does it again on his turn and then hoda does AOE heal (1 turn CD again) and then Jolee does it again

its your entire team attacking back to back on a single toon. GMY gains 40% TM on basic so he'll be going after a mass assist here and there too
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yea that's awesome, so you think that is too op? It can be countered by good strategy by using daze, ability block, and many other of the plethora of abilities the sith have. Swarm attacks are to op, but nihilus can one shot any character after 4 turns, palpatine can stun the entire team, traya can isolate a single toon, and on and on...
    Post edited by Ninjah9 on