How difficult is Palpatine's event?

Prev1
I absolutely detest the rebels; I consider them space - terrorists and haven't leveled a single one to even 6*. I have, however, been farming the easy ones from Arena, GW, and Cantina in order to get Papa Palpatine when he next rolls around. As I abhor these plebes, I want to use the absolute minimum in gear and XP. With that said, what is the least I can put into them for 7* Palps?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Palpatine isn’t particularly useful right now, but rebels are needed in many important aspects of the game (thrawn event and TB most notably)
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Palpatine isn’t particularly useful right now, but rebels are needed in many important aspects of the game (thrawn event and TB most notably)

Im not in the game to be competitive, I just get the characters I like. That's why my Grievous is 7* and one gear piece away from G12
  • I would say not very difficult with gear 8 toons, but tier 7 is much harder than the rest. On a scale of Grand Master Yoda to Thrawn, closer to Grand Master Yoda
  • Wiggs,R2, SThan, Raid Han, Leia, Ackbar, Jyn, Chaze, Lando. Any of these are good choices for palp and other game areas. If you really dont like rebels, I'd farm lando, STHan (both for scoundrel events), R2( you'll need 5 empire toons for this) and either Wiggs(useful for all content) or Bistan and Jyn for rancor. The what is the min approach is not the best to pursue. Switch to what is the most useful in the longer term. I detest empire, but farmed palp,vader(both for sith), tarkin(for his fleet cap ship), TFP (DS ship for zeta challenge) and RG (good general purpose DS tank) t get R2. Each toon has given me value after 7* R2. You really should do the same for the palp event. What game modes are you weak in? Ships- grab Biggs, by far the best tank in ships. Rancor - Jyn/Bistan are great. LS mode - wiggs are great. HaaT? Leia is great with clones.

Sorry if you are looking for a min to get reply, but that is counter productive. Take the whole game into consideration and think longer term. It will pay off very quickly.
  • I got him very easily at 5* but I expect to get him to 7* the next time he comes around... should not be hard as I've noticed he has been the easiest of all the events to get... I would expect g8/9 and maybe someone at g10/11.. don't need mods. I would expect level 75+
  • Should be beatable with G8 toons and decent mods.
  • Wedge, Biggs, Leia +2 and its a done deal.
  • You could get the Phoenix Squadron amd get through that event and have them ready for later for other events too.
  • thank you all for the replies
  • Use the Phoenix and kill two birds with one stone.
    Palp and Thrawn
  • Phoenix gear 8 is more than sufficient for Palpatine, I 3*d it immediately the last time it came around. Thrawn may require them to be more developed, but they're definitely the way to go on Palpatine. 1 force crush and Vader is gone, it's a quick road from there
  • Many apologies, I should have mentioned pheonix as an option as well. f you do go pheonix, sabine should be the last priority. Hera is needed for her leadership, zebs stuns are vital for trawn event, kanan and choppers taunts are both very useful, as is choppers dispell. Ezra is the main dmg dealer and a second debuffer. The only toon frm pheonix with viability outwith pheonix squad is ezra, who is an alternative(and perhaps upgrade) over anakin as a jedi DD. Pheonix is the way to go for palp and thrawn events, but will leave you much weaker in other modes such as ls batles, ships, gw and perhaps arena as well.
  • @GuanIsHere Don't lecture me Obi-Wan...
    kidding, and thank you for the advice
  • Do you mind \posting your swgoh.gg account? Want to see what you have already before I give advice :smile:
  • I was level 79, had gear viii, and one gear viii when I seven stared him. Definitely took a few attempts, and a lot of luck. :)
  • Do you mind \posting your swgoh.gg account? Want to see what you have already before I give advice :smile:

Sure, but how do I do that lmao I'm a plebe
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Omega_S021 wrote: »
    Do you mind \posting your swgoh.gg account? Want to see what you have already before I give advice :smile:

Sure, but how do I do that lmao I'm a plebe
    If you don't have one:
    Go here: https://swgoh.gg/accounts/register/
    Create an account.
    Go to "Collection Sync" in the settings page.
    Check "Enable Collection Sync".
    Type in your Player ID. This is different than your ally code. It is found under the settings in the app itself.
    If you have a hard time reading your Player ID, use this: https://swgoh.gg/id-help/
    Click "Update Profile".
    Once you have that set up, go to the "If you do have one: " tab.

If you do have one:
    Go to your personal page by clicking on your username in the top right corner of the website.
    Copy the url of that page.
    Post it here.
    It should look like this: https://swgoh.gg/u/your_username_here/
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Omega,

I did palp with g8 team Wedge (l), biggs, akbar, jyn and lando. I can understand a distinct distaste for certain characters in the game. Might be worth giving lando a shot. He's absolutely the MVP on my credit heist team... As others have mentioned a g8 phoenix team may be another good option, since they will get you two legendary dudes and thrawn is a rather strong character.
  • thanks lads helpful feedback is always good
  • Why is this papa teen event so hard??
    I got guys maxed out at 100 and I still can’t win this **** thing
  • Drew102379
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It’s too hard you game developers take advantage of the game to the point where the event sucks
  • Too difficult, I have all 5 characters at 7 stars & I still can’t win.
  • I'll just throw in my oddball team, cause I went with what was fastest to farm at the time. Wedge (L), Biggs, lando, Zeb, chopper. All were leveled in the 70's, geared to 7 or 8, and very poorly modded. Even with a distain for rebels, as people have said, Biggs is must have in fleet, lando is almost must have in heists, and the others are pretty painless farms. Wiggs/lando combo is brutal, and Zeb/chopper work really well defensively together. Then you can forget it ever happened. Haha
  • DarthSmoely22
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Dont farm other rebels than Just phoenix, if you dont like them like me. Today I recieved palphatine 7 stars with A phoenix team.. All lvl 70, moderate mods and without Sabine (all G8). It took some trial and error, but worth the effort. And who knows, maybe I get thrawn 7 stars aswell next week. Soo very efficiënt to keep it with Just phoenix.
  • Dont farm other rebels than Just phoenix, if you dont like them like me.

Or don't want CLS presumbaly. Still one of the very best characters in the game.

• Going from my experience getting 7* Palp. I was running 2 G8 (the tanks that need 14.8 million stun guns) and Chops, Hera and ezra at G9 it was very easy.

Should be noted that you will end up with Turbo Palp and G8 is borderline I noticed.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Palpatine isn’t particularly useful right now

Really?

There is actually a debate about whether or not he is *too* useful:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1567440

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Palpatine isn’t particularly useful right now

Really?

There is actually a debate about whether or not he is *too* useful:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1567440

Look at the dates.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Look at the dates.

It's still true that Squad Arena top 50 has 30+ teams that are led by the OPeror.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Umm yeah Palp is still one of the best in the game. He's a key part to the nightmare team.

And I don't think the event was hard.