Old Republic tag in the ships filter...

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Sith Assassin is getting a ship

Yeah, a ship that only ever existed 300 years before Sith Assassin did. I guess we can expect Sion to be the pilot if they ever release a TIE Interceptor. The Sith Assassin in game is from The Old Republic MMO which takes place three centuries after the Star Forge was destroyed and belongs to a faction of Sith that had nothing to do with Darth Malak or Darth Revan. The Sith Assassins from KOTOR 2 didn’t even use lightsabers. They used vibroblades. And they also never appeared in the original KOTOR. They were affiliated with Sion and the Triumvirate, not Malak or Revan.
    They're just grunts so it doesn't really matter

Just assume the in-game sith assassins are OC like the genosian characters if that helps
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, a ship that only ever existed 300 years before Sith Assassin did. I guess we can expect Sion to be the pilot if they ever release a TIE Interceptor. The Sith Assassin in game is from The Old Republic MMO which takes place three centuries after the Star Forge was destroyed and belongs to a faction of Sith that had nothing to do with Darth Malak or Darth Revan. The Sith Assassins from KOTOR 2 didn’t even use lightsabers. They used vibroblades. And they also never appeared in the original KOTOR. They were affiliated with Sion and the Triumvirate, not Malak or Revan.

Just assume the in-game sith assassins are OC like the genosian characters if that helps

This, this is the best way to view it. I'm all for accurate portrayals of characters and ships from KotOR, but do we really need a new toon to go with the new ship? Let's just be grateful we have a new ship coming that has a pilot that's already farmable. Sets precedent to hope for Anakin, Luke, and Han to get their ships.
  • Corrog wrote: »

This, this is the best way to view it. I'm all for accurate portrayals of characters and ships from KotOR, but do we really need a new toon to go with the new ship? Let's just be grateful we have a new ship coming that has a pilot that's already farmable. Sets precedent to hope for Anakin, Luke, and Han to get their ships.

I think ships were not forward thinking to begin with. That is probably why we have only seen 3 new ships in the past year(I may be forgetting someone but the two first order ships and Solo’s Falcon is all that comes to mind)

It’s hard for the fame to have balance on ships because there really isn’t that many high profile dark side ships from movies. Thats why we haven’t seen an Anakin or Luke ship yet.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Except it’s not even remotely close in the timeline or even the faction. If they put a Clone Trooper in an X-wing, people would lose their minds. But that’s even closer in continuity than this. There are a bunch of other ships they could have released. It’s not like they had to do one from KOTOR.
  • Exar1977 wrote: »
    Sounds like the 1st ship raid will be old republic, take down the soul forge!

Quoting because yes please
  • They are adding a sith ship used by sith assassin in kotor, it was just released on starwars.com interview with CG carrie and on warriors YouTube.
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    They are adding a sith ship used by sith assassin in kotor, it was just released on starwars.com interview with CG carrie and on warriors YouTube.

Sith Assassin wasn’t in KOTOR. Sith Assassin is from The Old Republic MMO, which was set 300 years after KOTOR, which ended with the Star Forge that created those ships being destroyed. Sith Assassin is piloting the ship because the devs have clearly never played KOTOR or The Old Republic and are too lazy to check continuity.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Sith Assassin wasn’t in KOTOR. Sith Assassin is from The Old Republic MMO, which was set 300 years after KOTOR [...]
    That is untrue. Sith Assasin is a character class which first appeared in KotOR2, both as a type of enemy you fought and as a Prestige Class that the Jedi Exile could take later in the game.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Zevox wrote: »
    Sith Assassin wasn’t in KOTOR. Sith Assassin is from The Old Republic MMO, which was set 300 years after KOTOR [...]
    That is untrue. Sith Assasin is a character class which first appeared in KotOR2, both as a type of enemy you fought and as a Prestige Class that the Jedi Exile could take later in the game.

The Sith Assassins you fought in KOTOR 2 used vibroblades, not lightsabers, and bare little resemblance to the Sith Assassin in SWGOH. The model for the version in SWGOH is a direct lift from The Old Republic. The robe is from The Old Republic and looks nothing like the outfits worn by the Sith Assassins in KOTOR 2.r4r5rsjqqbth.jpeg
    The Old Republic

je0j0h3y4ikr.jpeg
    Galaxy of Heroes

The Old Republic is set 300 years after KOTOR and KOTOR 2.
  • Here is the KOTOR 2 version.

3secmfsrvowq.png
  • And once again, even if it were the KOTOR 2 version of Sith Assassin, it still would make no sense as the pilot of a ship made by the Star Forge in the original KOTOR, a game they never appeared in.
  • Petty issue but it does annoy me they have the tag and the others don't. Good points made in this post about Jolee , I think we'd all sleep better if they just gave everyone from the KOTOR games the tag and just let it mean that
  • Having a nerd out over canon KOTOR sith assassin is why I love this forum and community
  • Having a nerd out over canon KOTOR sith assassin is why I love this forum and community

I mean, I fully acknowledge I’m a nerd about KOTOR. But if they are going to include this stuff, it seems rather important they get the continuity straight.
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Some star forge action would be very cool. Hope they add Malak, Revan, Mandalore, and the Ebon Hawk.
  • They added old republic tag probably because we will get some version of Revan as a legendary character so they need a faction for that legendary event. And Legendary revan will be introduction for hero journey because it solves all problems people had before, his og version not being in game( farmboy luke and scav rey) and a legendary character needed for HJ (bb8 and r2d2)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Mzee wrote: »
    Interesting. Good observation. I wonder if a capital ship is on the way, and if that means another darkside capital ship would be too. Would love to get a first order capital ship.
    I light some sage and roll in the blood of a(n evil) horse every night in hopes of a Resistance capital ship... Adding one or the other would almost certainly mean adding both.
    Awesome idea for a ship raid though. Makes more sense than a Trench Run on the Death star raid which honestly sounds boring. What would P4 be? Continously attacking the exhaust port? Lol.
    It would have 1 hit point and a 99.99% evasion rate and be immune to basic attacks. (They'd have to do something about Poe and Clone Sgt, though!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    robjay04 wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »

I think ships were not forward thinking to begin with. That is probably why we have only seen 3 new ships in the past year(I may be forgetting someone but the two first order ships and Solo’s Falcon is all that comes to mind)

They've said why we haven't gotten new ships in forever, it was mentioned along with the lead up to Ships 2.0. They knew people weren't into ships for a long time and that something about them needed to change, so they didn't want to introduce a whole bunch of ships in the past year that they knew they'd be completely overhauling soon anyway.

Now that 2.0 is out that logjam is clear. I'm hoping they get an expedited release cadence to make up for the lack of new ships for the past year and a half.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    They added old republic tag probably because we will get some version of Revan as a legendary character so they need a faction for that legendary event. And Legendary revan will be introduction for hero journey because it solves all problems people had before, his og version not being in game( farmboy luke and scav rey) and a legendary character needed for HJ (bb8 and r2d2)

Why do so many think revan is gonna have a heroes journey?

Give him a legendary that needs old republic characters and the reward is dark side Darth Revan... End of story
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Having a nerd out over canon KOTOR sith assassin is why I love this forum and community

I mean, I fully acknowledge I’m a nerd about KOTOR. But if they are going to include this stuff, it seems rather important they get the continuity straight.

And God bless you for it! :D
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    They added old republic tag probably because we will get some version of Revan as a legendary character so they need a faction for that legendary event. And Legendary revan will be introduction for hero journey because it solves all problems people had before, his og version not being in game( farmboy luke and scav rey) and a legendary character needed for HJ (bb8 and r2d2)

Give him a legendary that needs old republic characters and the reward is dark side Darth Revan... End of story

Because they need both Jedi Revan and Sith Revan because they stated a while ago that there wont be characters with both Dark and Light side tags
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Because they need both Jedi Revan and Sith Revan because they stated a while ago that there wont be characters with both Dark and Light side tags

:( ......

But light side revan is a custom character every kotor player has their own opinion how he looks and act. Dark side Revan has only one canon (legends) apperance, which is from the flashback scenes from kotor.
  • When are ewok ships coming?
  • Franimus
    128 posts Member

Except it’s not even remotely close in the timeline or even the faction. If they put a Clone Trooper in an X-wing, people would lose their minds. But that’s even closer in continuity than this. There are a bunch of other ships they could have released. It’s not like they had to do one from KOTOR.

The graphic someone posted from kotor 2 said sith assassins were formed during the mandalorian wars, which took place before kotor, therefore nothing wrong with sith assassin piloting a ship from that timeframe.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    When are ewok ships coming?

Always the out of nowhere comments :D
  • Franimus
    128 posts Member
    When are ewok ships coming?

When they invent powered flight ;)

Would love to see a hang glider in ship battles rofl
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    And once again, even if it were the KOTOR 2 version of Sith Assassin, it still would make no sense as the pilot of a ship made by the Star Forge in the original KOTOR, a game they never appeared in.
    Yeah, you're being way too uptight about this. Sith Assassin is not some specific, named character, it's a title for a character class which has appeared in multiple places in Star Wars, including KotOR 2.To claim that it's somehow inappropriate for it to be used as the pilot of a similarly-generic KotOR-era ship is just silly.
  • Franimus wrote: »

The graphic someone posted from kotor 2 said sith assassins were formed during the mandalorian wars, which took place before kotor, therefore nothing wrong with sith assassin piloting a ship from that timeframe.

I posted the graphic. And once again, it is still a major problem for more than one reason. For one, as the graphic mentioned, the Sith Assassins were formed in secret by Sion and Nihilus and trained at the Trayus Academy before Revan and Malak even fell to the dark side. They were not affiliated with Revan or Malak, were not part of their forces and thus never flew their ships. For two, the Sith Assassin is SWGOH is not even the same character class as those Sith Assassins. The KOTOR 2 Sith Assassins did not use lightsabers or force lightning. The Sith Assassin in SWGOH is from The Old Republic, which happens three centuries later and involves descendants from the ancient Sith (red-skinned race) who were in hiding in unknown regions of the galaxy during the events of KOTOR. Those Sith were totally unaffiliated with Revan and Malak, and the Sith Assassins in The Old Republic have totally different skill sets and training from the Sith Assassins in KOTOR 2.

Look, there are a ton of “Troopers” in Star Wars. But there is a big difference between a Trooper from The Old Republic (set thousands of years before the movies), a Clone Trooper, a Sith Trooper and an Imperial Trooper. Just because there were two things called Assassins doesn’t mean they are interchangeable. Anyone who played the games these characters are from would know that. It is basic continuity. You wouldn’t put a generic Clone Trooper in a Tie Fighter, and you shouldn’t put Sith Assassin in a ship from KOTOR that was piloted on the other side of the galaxy three hundred years earlier by forces totally unaffiliated with those she belonged to.
  • Zevox wrote: »
    And once again, even if it were the KOTOR 2 version of Sith Assassin, it still would make no sense as the pilot of a ship made by the Star Forge in the original KOTOR, a game they never appeared in.
    Yeah, you're being way too uptight about this. Sith Assassin is not some specific, named character, it's a title for a character class which has appeared in multiple places in Star Wars, including KotOR 2.To claim that it's somehow inappropriate for it to be used as the pilot of a similarly-generic KotOR-era ship is just silly.

Just because you don’t know the story or continuity doesn’t make it frivolous. The ship we are getting is not a generic ship of the era. It is a very specific type of ship used only by Revan and Malak’s forces and created by an ancient, force-powered factory called the Star Forge. They weren’t built all over the galaxy or used by just any old army of bad guys. And Sith Assassins were NEVER afffiliated with Revan and Malak. Not any version of Sith Assassins. They simply never flew those ships. You know, Stormtrooper is an unnamed character class that has appeared in multiple places in Star Wars, including Force Awakens and the original trilogy. But I’m guessing a lot of people here would be justifiably annoyed if they made First Order Stormtrooper the pilot of an original trilogy TIE Fighter. This is no different.
This discussion has been closed.