A compromise for 6 and 7 dot mods

GrantusMaximus
265 posts Member
edited July 2018
If they are ever coming, here’s an idea that won’t involve wiping out the hard work and money that people have spent on 5s.

Create 2 new mod slots for each toon underneath the 6 existing ones.

One for a 6 dot and one for a 7 dot. Maybe introduce the 6 first and later on open up the 7 one.

So six mod slots as per current situ, 1x6 slot and 1x7 slot making 8 total.
Post edited by GrantusMaximus on

Replies

• Omeah wrote: »
    Why do you want to mix mods with gear??

I think that was a typo. For me the bigger issue is the 30-40 points of additional speed that players would get after equipping the two mods.

That extra speed would likely break the sith raid. And make phase 6 in TB battles a lot easier.

• Vice_torn wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Why do you want to mix mods with gear??

That extra speed would likely break the sith raid. And make phase 6 in TB battles a lot easier.

Easily sorted, create a new tier where the new mod slots are counted and adjust Sith toon speed as appropriate
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Or...the 6* and 7* mods dont have speed as an option, thereby increasing the effectiveness of other stats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Poxx wrote: »
    Or...the 6* and 7* mods dont have speed as an option, thereby increasing the effectiveness of other stats.

This or just increase all other stats but leave speed at the current "cap" and scaling
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Have the new 6 and 7 dot Mods increase other possible stats instead of speed. Speed already divides the players enough as it is, so giving whales access to extra +30 (and potentially higher) speed per mod would only aggravate the situation even more. The cost to level these mods would be astronomical.
  • I like the idea of a rework of mods to make the other options more useful.... BUT, I have been in games where a Defense type stat was king. I.E. what would happen if giving GK a full set of defense focused mods makes him take 1/10th his current damage.

More strategy would be great... But balance is hard... and CG will ( ) it.