Carry on with Phoenix or move to Empire with Palp?

Hey guys,

So ive been working on Phoenix squad and currently have:

Zeb 7* G7
Ezra 6* G7
Hera 5* G8
Kanan 5* G8
Chopper 5* G7

I have just unlocked Palp at 5* and also have Vader at 5*. Should i continue to focus on Phoenix until they are all 7* or start to focus on my lower level Empire characters to build that squad up a bit now i have access to Palp? Or maybe try to do a mixture of the 2?

Replies

• Make sure you can unlock 5* Thrawn first then focus on trying to get 5* R2 I'd say.

Once you have the trio of Thrawn,Vader and Palp you have a powerful base for an empire team.
  • I would suggest keeping going with Phoenix until they're strong enough to get Thrawn at 7*. It'll help you out in GW and arena having one strong team as opposed to a couple of weak teams. Then move onto building an Empire team, such as Tarkin, Vader, Palp, Thrawn and TIE pilot.
  • Take Phoenix to G11. It'll be a grind and a frustration like you've never experienced, but it will position you well for Fleets, HSTR, TB, and TW. They're no longer arena viable, but they're the best for everything else.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So ive been working on Phoenix squad and currently have:

Zeb 7* G7
    Ezra 6* G7
    Hera 5* G8
    Kanan 5* G8
    Chopper 5* G7

I have just unlocked Palp at 5* and also have Vader at 5*. Should i continue to focus on Phoenix until they are all 7* or start to focus on my lower level Empire characters to build that squad up a bit now i have access to Palp? Or maybe try to do a mixture of the 2?

Take Ezra to the max, he is worth it. But yeah just take them to 7 stars and gear 8 or 9 for Thrawn. After that, who cares.
  • I love how in this game many suggest wasting half a year on one team that most people do not really like to collect only to throw them away and spend the next half of the year or year after that if the game is still around to get what you like.
  • I love how in this game many suggest wasting half a year on one team that most people do not really like to collect only to throw them away and spend the next half of the year or year after that if the game is still around to get what you like.

Guess you dont care for thrawn among other things, and as for Phoenix, eventually you will realize they are a very good squad to have and are very very useful.

Guess you dont care for thrawn among other things, and as for Phoenix, eventually you will realize they are a very good squad to have and are very very useful.

I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for. I also seen them already crashing in arena for my shard once people hit Gear 9 and level 75-80 teams. So I dont personally have need of them nor see a need for them. Just my experience as a new player.

• Eventually you will see a need for them. No one is saying to keep using them in arena, there are other aspects to the game to consider

I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for. I also seen them already crashing in arena for my shard once people hit Gear 9 and level 75-80 teams. So I dont personally have need of them nor see a need for them. Just my experience as a new player.

They’re amazing in fleet. Phoenix arc is: good in arena early, mediocre in mid-game, top tier in TB, TW, FLEET, AND HSTR late stage.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Take Phoenix to G11. It'll be a grind and a frustration like you've never experienced, but it will position you well for Fleets, HSTR, TB, and TW. They're no longer arena viable, but they're the best for everything else.

Yeah, agree with Rebel Yell. I'm back to working on my Phoenix again right now, actually. Getting them all up to G10 for now, just to get more out of them in Territory Battles and Fleet Arena. I'm one reinforcement ability material away from having Phantom's ability maxed.

They won't work in Squad Arena forever, but they're fantastic in every other game mode, even in end-game.

• I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for.

Thrawn is one of, if not the best, characters in the whole game. Pretty much every top Squad Arena team uses him, and he's extremely useful in all three Raids, and has the best capital ship for the Fleet Arena. He's fantastic in every game mode. You may not want him, but you should get him, if you want to do well in this game. Additionally, the Fleet game mode is great for getting Zeta materials, but it's also great for getting 300 to 400 extra crystals every single day, if you build a strong fleet and stay at the top of your Fleet Arena shard for payouts. That extra crystal income makes a huge difference across all aspects of the game, over time.

• I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for.

Thrawn is one of, if not the best, characters in the whole game. Pretty much every top Squad Arena team uses him, and he's extremely useful in all three Raids, and has the best capital ship for the Fleet Arena. He's fantastic in every game mode. You may not want him, but you should get him, if you want to do well in this game. Additionally, the Fleet game mode is great for getting Zeta materials, but it's also great for getting 300 to 400 extra crystals every single day, if you build a strong fleet and stay at the top of your Fleet Arena shard for payouts. That extra crystal income makes a huge difference across all aspects of the game, over time.

I agree with getting good pay out in fleet, but I can do this fine with Tarkin and my all Darkside ships so far. Mauls, Boba's, Vader, TFP, and the Genoshins are doing great for me so far to stay in top 20s of my shard.

However I disagree with Thrawn. Sure he is GOOD right now. However Palpatine just became obsolete, as has CLS and other "Meta" toons within a year to half year time frame. No doubt by the time I farm Thrawn in the next five months, he be obsolete as meta. No doubt. Right now Im doing fine without Phoenix, and working on the Old Republic faction coming out. bastila Shan alone is KILLING it for Jedi meta lol.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member

I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for.

I agree with getting good pay out in fleet, but I can do this fine with Tarkin and my all Darkside ships so far. Mauls, Boba's, Vader, TFP, and the Genoshins are doing great for me so far to stay in top 20s of my shard.

However I disagree with Thrawn. Sure he is GOOD right now. However Palpatine just became obsolete, as has CLS and other "Meta" toons within a year to half year time frame. No doubt by the time I farm Thrawn in the next five months, he be obsolete as meta. No doubt. Right now Im doing fine without Phoenix, and working on the Old Republic faction coming out. bastila Shan alone is KILLING it for Jedi meta lol.
    Thrawn has such a good kit that he will probably never be obsolete, much like CLS, R2, and others. Sure he may fall out of use in high end arena, but he'll always be crucial in raids/TB/TW.

• I'm carrying on with my Phoenix as they're reasonable in tank murder (bits with the tank anyway), are solid for LS battles, and are a self healing squad for GW.

Ezra is worth doing anyway as if you happen to be a whale you now have Bastila and to a lesser extent Jolee to make a solid Jedi team now.

My ezra and Hera are G10 but to stun guns the tanks have to languish at G8. Phoenix are a nuisance that way.

I have a Palp lead Empire team which lacks Thrawn currently and has two super squishies (Tarkin and TFP) which are at G8 currently so that doesn't help.

Thrawn will be great for a good long while yet. I don't care about arena myself so viability doesn't bother me. The whales can have it to themselves.

Once mod management arrives I'll maybe switch out Phoenix and see how that goes but no immediate hurry.

Tl;dr: Carry on with Phoenix, they can also do a solid job in a couple of assault battles too btw.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF

Err....really? Not sure Bastila will kill anything unless you drop $/£300 or more. Even those who just buy the starter pack.....4* Bastila is unlikely to kill off all these Palpatine quite yet....
  • Actually someone has managed to get 4* Bastila (zeta’d) Team to position 43 in my Arena. Not bad
  • That still doesn't make Palpatine, or especially CLS and Thrawn obsolete in this game - not by a long shot.
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member

I recognize they are good at getting ahead early game. However they are useless unless you want Thrawn which I dont, and they cannot get you Zeta's which is all Fleet is worth to me for.

I disagree Thrawn has been in the Meta since his release and has consistently been one of the number one most used toons in all squads in the arena. He is very versatile and is a masterful beast in all of the raids, and is used everywhere in the game and is probably the most well rounded and most useful utility toon in the game.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Keep farming phoenix up to 7*, they will be your team for 6 and 7* palp as well as thrawn. The event just launched, be sure to check out strategies for defeating him. its not a walk in the park.

With that being said, if you have the extra resources then start to level up your empire team. Palp (L), vader, thrawn, tarkin, tfp are the go-to empire team until end game. You obviously wont farm TFP or Tarkin until you have completed ezra/hera and kanan respectively.

If you are looking for general guidance of how to progress, then here is an easy to follow guide that is broken down by where you farm toons.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flsMD3qCFccLk6n-PKCZ_L-GVGMta02GTNBmL6m0S5c/edit?usp=sharing