Kit Reveal: Bastila Shan

Replies

• I have been resisting pain ect with prot. up! They must have.
  • So at max, does bastilla grant everyone 200% of HER protection? Or of the the individual jedis?
  • So, do the buffs apply to a jedi anytime they have protection up right? Like from ATF's basic or Kanan's special?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm mean @pacyn4life defense of her was completely shut down, and other people are talking about having to team her up with characters like fisto and old ben to make her viable!?@pacyn4life: keep in mind palpatine removes 35% potency so even if you moded her up to ying yang her potency would still suck.Bottom line is we shouldn't have to have this discussion about a character who should be much better than this. It just feels like cg is going way out of their way to make the jedi inferior to the sith. It's just ridiculous already. At the very least she's not worth spending money on, and hopefully that fact gets cg's attention. God and I just found out cg worded jolee's healing ability specifically so it wouldn't trigger gk's swarm attack!!? That was the only thing that excited me about jolee. Wow both of these characters are bunk and I'm super dissapointed.
    Post edited by Ninjah9 on
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    It just feels like cg is going way out of their way to make the jedi inferior to the sith.
    I think they don't want to release a character that can help beat Traya fairly easily, yet.
    Understandable, to a certain extent, but frustrating nonetheless.

• Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    I dont blame cg making sure traya not dethroned....there is ALOT of people who havent unlocked her yet. Id be pretty upset spending months or longer to finally get her then she becomes irrelevant. Plus she tied to the most end game content.

Kudos devs...keep traya the queen.

And i prefer many choices of good teams then just one super team at a time. Jedi bring more diversity, that gets the job done.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    As mentioned on "The Road Ahead," characters from SWTOR are being brought to Galaxy of Heroes - but the very first character, Bastila, doesn't look like the original! Her artwork on the challenges / store looks pretty good, but her shard icon and 3d model don't resemble her at all. I was super excited about this new focus on The Old Republic, but this really takes the crystal out of my lightsaber.

Is it just me?

(Pic attached for the uninitiated)
    0sg41u3n1d911.jpg
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I thought the same thing. Happened to be playing KOTOR on Xbox one when she got released on SWGOH and immediately thought they messed up her model or used some other source material when creating her.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Maztoras "And i prefer many choices of good teams then just one super team at a time. Jedi bring more diversity, that gets the job done."[/quote]

I totally agree I want many good factions. I dont want jedi to dominate, I just want them not to be lame. It's just frustrating these great characters and making them super lame compared to one faction. Examples (Windu, Anakin, Plo Koon etc...). Its just ridiculously unbalanced advantages sith vs jedi (palpatine: -30% potency -30% evasion, maul: double damage, vader: speed boost, sidious:evasion boost etc). Jedi vs sith= zilch. I'm fine with the sith specials against the jedi, but for the love of god give the jedi a couple against the sith. The only advantages jedi have are over droids, arguably the worst faction in the game. Bastilla was the perfect opportunity for the jedi to get some kind anti-sith ability, especially since that is exactly how her battle meditation ability is described in KOTOR. And to rub in your face even more they got cute with the language of jolee's healing ability just so it specifically doesnt have synergy with kenobi's swarm attack. That was the final straw for me on these two characters, I'm not wasting a dime.

And I challenge everyone who plays this game to do a side by side comparison of the jedi abilities to the sith abilities, and not tell me it's not ridiculously unbalanced.

PS: dont get me wrong I think the sith are awesome but the jedi dont have to be lame for the sith to be awesome. At the end of the day it's less profitable for cg to do this, so hopefully they realize that and give the jedi some love.
  • So any update to her viability after she had her leadership fixed?
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    So any update to her viability after she had her leadership fixed?
    A Warrior's (game changer) screenshot.
    Full auto vs Palp + Sith Trooper + Triumvirate...
    Screenshot_20180713-202130_Heroes_GC1.jpg

It's been confirmed that all the videos posted by game changers until a few hours ago are "null and void".

• RomanLeaf wrote: »
    I have a theorycraft team under a Bastila lead :
    Bastila (L) - Ezra - Yoda - Hoda - old Ben

This is the team I've been using with great success! With the zeta on bastila lead I am able to beat traya lead triumvirate god teams.. with nest/trooper/thrawn side peices.. all 110+ speed (302 speed nest?!)
    Glad it works well then ! And nothing really holds on defense, except the Traya gods team, but as she is currently the ultimate end-game reward it seems leggit that she'll be the most OP toon right now.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Why move my bastila's face thread to this? totally unrelated.

Does EACG not have licensing to use her likeness? Why can't we discuss this? I realize it's not the first time we've had characters that don't look like who they're supposed to, but this one's really bad.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    As mentioned on "The Road Ahead," characters from SWTOR are being brought to Galaxy of Heroes - but the very first character, Bastila, doesn't look like the original! Her artwork on the challenges / store looks pretty good, but her shard icon and 3d model don't resemble her at all. I was super excited about this new focus on The Old Republic, but this really takes the crystal out of my lightsaber.

Is it just me?

0sg41u3n1d911.jpg

She's a fictional character.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »

Is it just me?

0sg41u3n1d911.jpg

She's a fictional character.

k01dE24.jpg
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So at max, does bastilla grant everyone 200% of HER protection? Or of the the individual jedis?

No
    The character gets protection up that is equal to 200% of the characters health
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Same problem. What character? Bastila or the one getting the protection up?
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Same problem. What character? Bastila or the one getting the protection up?
    General Kenobi gets protection health equal to 200% of General Kenobi's max health and Qui-Gon Jinn gets protection up equal to 200% of QGJ's max health

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    So am I the only one who cares that the jedi getting screwed? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here! I thought more people would be frustrated that one of the most iconic factions in the star wars universe is getting kneecapped by the dev's. I think if enough people draw attention to this, they will fix it.
    So am I the only one who cares that the jedi getting screwed? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here! I thought more people would be frustrated that one of the most iconic factions in the star wars universe is getting kneecapped by the dev's. I think if enough people draw attention to this, they will fix it.

What's to fix? See a few posts up, Bastila lead can full auto Palp + Triumvirate + SiT without even losing the bonus protection from her lead. If that counts as a kneecapped faction, I'd love to see what the Jedi are capable of in your mind.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    So bastila is kicking butts. Nice to see. :)
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    @failingcrab I couldn't find that particular video, but I found videos with the UPDATED Bastilla and she's is now pretty amazing! I still want to see Jolee have synergy with kenobi, but so glad they fixed Bastilla my mind is at peace now. This update was made late yesterday so I missed it. The current version of the Bastilla lead is what I believe the jedi are capable of in my mind :) The jedi definitely counted as a knee capped faction just a little over a day ago, and that description is confirmed by the fact that cg had to make significant repairs before this team became arena viable. So glad you and the rest of the swgoh community can now see what the jedi are capable of in my mind ;)
    @failingcrab I couldn't find that particular video, but I found videos with the UPDATED Bastilla and she's is now pretty amazing! I still want to see Jolee have synergy with kenobi, but so glad they fixed Bastilla my mind is at peace now. This update was made late yesterday so I missed it. The current version of the Bastilla lead is what I believe the jedi are capable of in my mind :) The jedi definitely counted as a knee capped faction just a little over a day ago, and that description is confirmed by the fact that cg had to make significant repairs before this team became arena viable. So glad you and the rest of the swgoh community can now see what the jedi are capable of in my mind ;)

People have been complaining about the Jedi for the last 2 years so your really late to that party, as they stank badly and we're probably THE worst faction or close to it. Fell on deaf ears until about 3 weeks ago. The Yoda re-work around 2 - 3 weeks ago already gave them a HUGE boost, and FULL Jedi teams were ALREADY getting to #1 in Arena. Now, they have been further boosted, and we see why they said no other Jedi are getting reworked (though some are pathetically bad, embarrassingly so and shouldn't be, like Mace for sure, and some others)

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    That's funny because I started playing this game not much more than a few months ago. Glad they did fix it, but like you I would like to see the more iconic characters be more viable. So for now I'm pretty stoked on them. However i still want Jolee to have synergy with the kenobi lead, it was such a squirrely move to manipulate the language like that to make the ability not work. Please fix that
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Best mods for her anyone?
    Now that she’s fixed
  • Where is the other 3 KOTOR characters?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Best mods for her anyone?
    Now that she’s fixed

I am putting potency and critical chance on her. Obviously with lots of secundary speed.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Where is the other 3 KOTOR characters?

According to Warrior, perhaps this week with addition of Sith Fighter at some point. Ebon Hawk is rumored. Story at www.starwars.com.

All this has to lead to Revan, right? Perhaps this is their Christmas-time cash cow.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Dear CG,

I formally retract all my earlier kvetching about Bastila's kit. Once the bugs got ironed out, she is pretty darned good. Great work again!

But can we still get something done about that stance and face?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    And fix the jolee-kenobi team healing bug please!