A quick Star Wars question..

Prev1
O.k. I want to binge watch one of the Star Wars cartoon thingies on Netflix. (In order to enhance my enjoyment of this game.. And thus making this sun appropriate GD post)

So many people have recommended this I have to try.. But I have a question.

Apparently there is a Jedi one and a Clone one.

Which should we watch?

Replies

• There's the clone wars and rebels. Clone wars comes first so watch that first.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • If you want to study it for the game then definitely clone wars as there are currently no rebels heroes in the game yet.
  • It took me about 5 tries to get into Clone Wars and then I binge watched it over a week. Really good. Voice cast is kind of amazing for a made-for-tv cartoon (ex: Tim Curry, Liam Neeson).
  • It took me about 5 tries to get into Clone Wars and then I binge watched it over a week. Really good. Voice cast is kind of amazing for a made-for-tv cartoon (ex: Tim Curry, Liam Neeson).

Holy crap.. Thanks!

Going to fire it up with this advice.

Cheers!
  • The entire Clone Wars animated series (6 seasons if I recall) is on Netflix. The first season is a little weak but it picks up steam as it goes and some of the pieces about Palpatine's behind the scenes manipulation, Order 66, and the Jedi Order are really interesting. There's some great characters threaded through the show as well.

Also Anakin is 9001x more effective and less whiny than in the movies. So there's that.
  • Oh hey thanks to everyone for the quick response.. I was just shocked by the quality of the "voice'

I really appreciate it!
  • Make sure you watch the clone wars movie first.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yes watch the clone wars movie first then the cartoon series. Well worth it!!!!!!!!!
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Oh hey thanks to everyone for the quick response.. I was just shocked by the quality of the "voice'

I really appreciate it!

Oh, yeah there's some big ticket actors and great voice actors involved. David Tennant, Seth Green, Jennifer Hale, Ron Perlman, George Takei, Mark Hamill, Simon Pegg and a ton more cool people make cameo and limited run appearances.

Even without the star names, the main cast are really well voiced (in my opinion) as well.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    The clone wars is great, but the episodes are out of order how they aired them. You'll notice characters that have previously died in a new episode. I have the correct chronological list of episodes to watch if you want haha. Still a great watch if you're a Star Wars fan.
  • Seku wrote: »
    The clone wars is great, but the episodes are out of order how they aired them. You'll notice characters that have previously died in a new episode. I have the correct chronological list of episodes to watch if you want haha. Still a great watch if you're a Star Wars fan.

I don't know that they were intended to be watched in chronological order. I've watched the series both in air date order and chronological order, not sure which I prefer. Dealers choice I guess.
  • Clone wars was pretty good. The first season was kinda of iffy. And there's things about the story that I just plain didn't like. But on the average once I got to season 3 and onward, it was pretty great.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I've watched the clone wars movie it's good. I've tried watching the series multiple times and just can't get into it. However everyone I know that's watched it says it's great. Maybe I just need to grind through the first season like @medetec said. I keep quitting like a few episodes in so I guess I just need to give it a chance
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Phipps

I found this helpful when getting a friend into the series. I'll repost it from reddit, here is the original thread for reference. In addition to the chronological list @Xeox posted, here is a slightly abridged version.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/33367u/i_want_to_start_the_clone_wars_but_i_dont_want_to/

"From another thread that asked basically this same question, here's my list - note that it's in (mostly) chronological order, so pay attention to the season & episode numbers (where, for instance, "205" means "season 2, episode 5"):

Here are the must-watch episodes to get all the main story arc material:
    1. The first 30 minutes of The Clone Wars movie
    2. 301 Clone Cadets
    3. 105 Rookies
    4. 109 Cloak of Darkness
    5. 110 Lair of Grievous
    6. 119 Storm Over Ryloth
    7. 120 Innocents of Ryloth
    8. 121 Liberty on Ryloth
    9. 205 Landing at Point Rain
    10. 206 Weapons Factory
    11. 207 Legacy of Terror
    12. 208 Brain Invaders
    13. 212 The Mandalore Plot
    14. 213 Voyage of Temptation
    15. 214 Duchess of Mandalore
    16. 220 Death Trap
    17. 221 R2 Come Home
    18. 222 Lethal Trackdown
    19. 305 Corruption
    20. 306 The Academy
    21. 302 ARC Troopers
    22. 307 Assassin
    23. 310 Heroes on Both Sides
    24. 312 Nightsisters
    25. 313 Monster
    26. 314 Witches of the Mist
    27. 315 Overlords
    28. 316 Altar of Mortis
    29. 317 Ghosts of Mortis
    30. 318 The Citadel
    31. 319 Counter Attack
    32. 320 Citadel Rescue
    33. 407 Darkness on Umbara
    34. 408 The General
    35. 409 Plan of Dissent
    36. 410 Carnage of Krell
    37. 414 A Friend In Need
    38. 419 Massacre
    39. 420 Bounty
    40. 421 Brothers
    41. 422 Revenge
    42. 502 A War on Two Fronts
    43. 503 Front Runners
    44. 504 The Soft War
    45. 505 Tipping Points
    46. 501 Revival
    47. 514 Eminence
    48. 515 Shades of Reason
    49. 516 The Lawless
    50. 517 Sabotage
    51. 518 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    52. 519 To Catch a Jedi
    53. 520 The Wrong Jedi
    54. 601 The Unknown
    55. 602 Conspiracy
    56. 603 Fugitive
    57. 604 Orders
    58. 608 The Disappeared
    59. 609 The Disappeared: Pt. II
    60. 610 The Lost One
    61. 611 Voices
    62. 612 Destiny
    63. 613 Sacrifice

Note that this is missing some great stuff (like the Mon Calamari trilogy), but I didn't cut out anything important."

Basically you can get through season 1 in 6 episodes without missing anything important.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Regarding suggested episodes to watch, I will simply state that some of my favorites are often excluded. All that means is some episodes work for others and some don't. And there definitely some bad ones, but even in those are some cool tid bits how the universe works.

I personally recommend watching all episodes. I did this and got stuck a few times due to bad episodes, but I believe it enhanced my overall experience.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yeah I'll think I'll watch them all in order from start to finish. I've watched a lot of them over the years of the 'must see' ones that have I've read that all fans need to watch. Time to watch them all I guess
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Since I started playing this game I rewatched all 6 movies and the clone wars , not too crazy about rebels but it's ok, just love Star Wars
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    And I think clone wars is better especially for this game
  • Wow.. O.k. I lucked out and watched the Movie first, (I kept thinking "Jesus, this is a long show..) :D

People are right, it's not bad at all.. I kept smiling and saying "Look it's Lumi!" And that's an IG-88 and That's an IG-100.. It totally satisfied getting my nerd on and annoyed others. :#

Why is Ashoka not uber in this game?...I have her at 7* and gear 7.5/6 and now want her to be fast and really good.. :/

Great reccomendation, I will watch the whole series next as time permits.

Thanks everyone!

• medetec wrote: »
    @Phipps

I found this helpful when getting a friend into the series. I'll repost it from reddit, here is the original thread for reference. In addition to the chronological list @Xeox posted, here is a slightly abridged version.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/33367u/i_want_to_start_the_clone_wars_but_i_dont_want_to/

"From another thread that asked basically this same question, here's my list - note that it's in (mostly) chronological order, so pay attention to the season & episode numbers (where, for instance, "205" means "season 2, episode 5"):

Here are the must-watch episodes to get all the main story arc material:
    1. The first 30 minutes of The Clone Wars movie
    2. 301 Clone Cadets
    3. 105 Rookies
    4. 109 Cloak of Darkness
    5. 110 Lair of Grievous
    6. 119 Storm Over Ryloth
    7. 120 Innocents of Ryloth
    8. 121 Liberty on Ryloth
    9. 205 Landing at Point Rain
    10. 206 Weapons Factory
    11. 207 Legacy of Terror
    12. 208 Brain Invaders
    13. 212 The Mandalore Plot
    14. 213 Voyage of Temptation
    15. 214 Duchess of Mandalore
    16. 220 Death Trap
    17. 221 R2 Come Home
    18. 222 Lethal Trackdown
    19. 305 Corruption
    20. 306 The Academy
    21. 302 ARC Troopers
    22. 307 Assassin
    23. 310 Heroes on Both Sides
    24. 312 Nightsisters
    25. 313 Monster
    26. 314 Witches of the Mist
    27. 315 Overlords
    28. 316 Altar of Mortis
    29. 317 Ghosts of Mortis
    30. 318 The Citadel
    31. 319 Counter Attack
    32. 320 Citadel Rescue
    33. 407 Darkness on Umbara
    34. 408 The General
    35. 409 Plan of Dissent
    36. 410 Carnage of Krell
    37. 414 A Friend In Need
    38. 419 Massacre
    39. 420 Bounty
    40. 421 Brothers
    41. 422 Revenge
    42. 502 A War on Two Fronts
    43. 503 Front Runners
    44. 504 The Soft War
    45. 505 Tipping Points
    46. 501 Revival
    47. 514 Eminence
    48. 515 Shades of Reason
    49. 516 The Lawless
    50. 517 Sabotage
    51. 518 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    52. 519 To Catch a Jedi
    53. 520 The Wrong Jedi
    54. 601 The Unknown
    55. 602 Conspiracy
    56. 603 Fugitive
    57. 604 Orders
    58. 608 The Disappeared
    59. 609 The Disappeared: Pt. II
    60. 610 The Lost One
    61. 611 Voices
    62. 612 Destiny
    63. 613 Sacrifice

Note that this is missing some great stuff (like the Mon Calamari trilogy), but I didn't cut out anything important."

Basically you can get through season 1 in 6 episodes without missing anything important.

+1
  • @BentWookie

I also just began the clone wars after hearing how good they were supposed to be. I'm maybe 5 episodes into the first season and I'm actually enjoying them. So if they get even better i will be quite pleased. I also didn't realize the voice talent involved. I'm even more happy to watch them now lol. We will have to compare notes as we get further.
  • @BentWookie

I also just began the clone wars after hearing how good they were supposed to be. I'm maybe 5 episodes into the first season and I'm actually enjoying them. So if they get even better i will be quite pleased. I also didn't realize the voice talent involved. I'm even more happy to watch them now lol. We will have to compare notes as we get further.

Very cool.. I just watched the movie and S1:EP1 and kind of am looking forward to the rest.

I appreciate Rex now, just not in game. :D
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    @BentWookie

Very cool.. I just watched the movie and S1:EP1 and kind of am looking forward to the rest.

I appreciate Rex now, just not in game. :D

Haha same. I am ALSO watching all the movies again lol (I'm a glutton I suppose) and am up to episode V so I'm right there with you lol. I felt the first ep was alright but they seem to get better as it goes to me...or maybe my inner fanboy is just in a state of bliss. Can't be sure...but my OCD won't let me skip episodes so I'm in it for the long haul.
  • @BentWookie super late to the party. But prolly catching you just as you're making your way to rebels haha. Rex and Ashoka really should be top tier in this game!
  • @BentWookie super late to the party. But prolly catching you just as you're making your way to rebels haha. Rex and Ashoka really should be top tier in this game!

@ Darthbubbalol, I agree..

Welcome to the forum!
    It's nice to see someone else from the leaderboard here! :)

• Tj5
    34 posts Member
    Just skip to where Maul comes back
    Everything from than on is gold.
  • That is a fact. Maul and savage vs sidious was prolly the best fight in the whole series. Really wish Yoda had more fight scenes, pwning ventress was just a tease!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Hmm, as soon as done with the next two seasons of X-Files I may have to finally watch this clone war stuff. I'm a bit more interested in some of the newer star wars books though
  • Where can I find all episodes of Rebels... Legally preferably.