Bastilla is changing the meta! Great job CG devs on bringing balance to the force!

Prev13
obikenobi1
113 posts Member
edited July 2018
Seen a lot of videos posted since the patch was released on Friday and the change was huge! Bastilla now is a solid counter to palpatine teams with the Sion/Traya/Nihilus trio now that the 150% tenacity bonus is actually being applied and the 35% damage bonus is actually being applied. Kinda big things to not be working before hand and its a relief to see how well they work when they are actually active. Thank you devs so much for making the Jedi faction meta again and giving us a much more balanced meta! you guys did a great job designing Bastilla's kit and I'm looking forward to what else we get down the line with the Kotor characters. I for one was getting sick of just how powerful Sion was and now that he can't inflict pain on jedi hardly ever.....that alone makes me on happy gamer! He was the most annoying character in the game to defeat and now he is much more manageable by jedi teams.

Replies

• Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Bastila teams have been pretty easy to take out with Nightsisters under a Talzin lead so far. Seem like with all the buffs going on, a bounty Hunter team can make short work, but I haven't been able to try it out against them.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • How ? By screwing their top players and guilds, yeah great job CG.

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I know the trio is tough, but I beat a squad on my shard of EP, TRAYA, SCION, DN, SITH TROOPER. I used CLS, HAN, BAZE, CHIRUUT, R2. That said, Bastilla is going to shake things up. I tried my 3 star in the SRT T2, on my Jedi team. Looking forward to when she becomes farmable.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Pile wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    How ? By screwing their top players and guilds, yeah great job CG.

Maybe pretty good players like me will have a shot at one of the top spots for a few weeks instead of getting frozen out by the arena cartels.

Just farm arena, find a comfortable rank and hover there. Chasing the meta, will make you cranky.. lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

Exactly.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

I hear ya, the new "Delay of game" meta is pretty gutless in my opinion. They just run in circles until the timer expires. But that is how they stay there. And pay to do so.. life is funny..

I am sitting at 123 today, I normally hover around 150, I can hit 75 or so, but too much work lol
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    Bastila teams have been pretty easy to take out with Nightsisters under a Talzin lead so far. Seem like with all the buffs going on, a bounty Hunter team can make short work, but I haven't been able to try it out against them.

Even if Hoda is in the team for night sister?
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Arcaver wrote: »

Even if Hoda is in the team for night sister?

This guy, lol.

Ofc they can beat talzin lead, Talzin relies on proccing plague which you cant do against this team because of tenacity. It's like fighting first order with talzin lead or another team that heals a lot, it doesn't work.

Ventress lead can beat the Jedi, their only source of AOE is Yoda which is not enough to kill them through Daka revives and Talia healing, also no mass dispel.

If you want to beat this jedi team and climb with NS go AV, Zombie, Talia, Daka and 5th can be Acolyte or Spirit.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    How ? By screwing their top players and guilds, yeah great job CG.

Maybe pretty good players like me will have a shot at one of the top spots for a few weeks instead of getting frozen out by the arena cartels.

Palpatine has been meta since February, you've had 6 months to build that team, and that's assuming you are completely new player and didn't already have Palpa and Vader unlocked...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

My favorite part about the arena alliances is the folks who pretend that they're so good at the game because they take #1 every day thanks to 20 other people agreeing to leave them alone and not compete against them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

My favorite part about the arena alliances is the folks who pretend that they're so good at the game because they take #1 every day thanks to 20 other people agreeing to leave them alone and not compete against them.

That's not how it works.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Would be great if they could balance the Jedi and sith so neither is really better on defence than the other. Then we could just choose our faction
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

That's not how it works.

So you now know how every shard or shard chat works because you are in one?....... I agree with these guys, it's so out of hand in my shard that they actually formed a guild.....
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »

That's not how it works.

So you now know how every shard or shard chat works because you are in one?....... I agree with these guys, it's so out of hand in my shard that they actually formed a guild.....

The Arena co-op is working as intended. Same as in HoDA. Once a dev was asked why it was allowed. He replied because that is part of war, alliances are formed. Sux, but it's true.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

That's not how it works.

The Arena co-op is working as intended. Same as in HoDA. Once a dev was asked why it was allowed. He replied because that is part of war, alliances are formed. Sux, but it's true.

Well, that's a pretty crummy outlook on it, because it isn't war, it's arena..... Arena is where gladiators or prize fighters face eachother.....
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member

That's not how it works.

Well, that's a pretty crummy outlook on it, because it isn't war, it's arena..... Arena is where gladiators or prize fighters face eachother.....

Haha, its funny 3 of the guys in my shard just joined the same guild so maybe I should start worrying.

My shard is different, we let any one play, if anything I've just had a chat with them today as they are inviting every tom **** and harry who has a G11 Palpa team in it and I don't want to share my payout with people who have half my roster.

The palpa meta made it VERY VERY easy for any F2P to take rank 1, it's never been better in SWGOH for f2p players.

If your shard is doing that it's probably because you've done something to them to blacklist you, gotta live with the consequences sunshine.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    People all say the same thing “ new toon! Meta is dead!”. “Finally balance has come to arena!” Give it a week. Sure the meta will change. But guess what. All the teams will be identical. And everyone will say “I’m sick of Jedi, there’s no variety in arena”. It happens every time. So what’s to get excited about?
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    People all say the same thing “ new toon! Meta is dead!”. “Finally balance has come to arena!” Give it a week. Sure the meta will change. But guess what. All the teams will be identical. And everyone will say “I’m sick of Jedi, there’s no variety in arena”. It happens every time. So what’s to get excited about?

Traya is different because it's completely out of reach for 99% of the playerbase.

This is a team that any one can build, 3* Bastilla is free, GMY is the oldest legendary in the game, Ezra is probably one of the most acquired characters in the game because of Thrawn, Old Ben for CLS and the 5th can be any one but plenty of easy f2p options there as well
  • META = Make everyone think alike LOL
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

That's not how it works.

Haha, its funny 3 of the guys in my shard just joined the same guild so maybe I should start worrying.

My shard is different, we let any one play, if anything I've just had a chat with them today as they are inviting every tom **** and harry who has a G11 Palpa team in it and I don't want to share my payout with people who have half my roster.

The palpa meta made it VERY VERY easy for any F2P to take rank 1, it's never been better in SWGOH for f2p players.

If your shard is doing that it's probably because you've done something to them to blacklist you, gotta live with the consequences sunshine.

How can I "do something to punish" someone I have never met or spoken to?...... That's pretty odd..... It's a game, and if you can't build a strong team, strategize and fight smart to get to the top instead of relying on others to get you there, then you shouldn't be there...... The fact that you have a 7* g12 CUP means nothing.....
  • META = Make everyone think alike LOL

Marquee Event Toon Arises
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member

That's not how it works.

How can I "do something to punish" someone I have never met or spoken to?...... That's pretty odd..... It's a game, and if you can't build a strong team, strategize and fight smart to get to the top instead of relying on others to get you there, then you shouldn't be there...... The fact that you have a 7* g12 CUP means nothing.....

But you can't do that, you still have to beat the people at the top to get to rank 1. The difference is they leave you alone 60 minutes before your payout and in exchange, you do the same thing to them.

There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it shows a good display of solidarity and humanity, uniting for a common goal (crystals) and working together, it's actually a really beautiful thing!

It makes me wonder what kind of person are you if you see something wrong with this....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

That's not how it works.

But you can't do that, you still have to beat the people at the top to get to rank 1. The difference is they leave you alone 60 minutes before your payout and in exchange, you do the same thing to them.

There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it shows a good display of solidarity and humanity, uniting for a common goal (crystals) and working together, it's actually a really beautiful thing!

It makes me wonder what kind of person are you if you see something wrong with this....

I'm the kind of person who would leave someone alone at their payout, but I'm not part of their little click, so no idea when their payout is..... I have no issue with a "hey, I won't hit you at xx time, please don't hit me at xx time"..... I do have issue with "Hey, who does this Bubba guy think he is breaking into top 20, he isn't in our boy band, everyone get this guy"..... We can message anyone in game now, so no real need for these types of tactics....
  • Looked at a few youtube vids and it seems like Bastila lead now beats everything, am I wrong? What I mean is, she's capable of handling Traya lead as well as Talzin and Nest in any composition. Not saying it holds on defense 100% of the time or is unbeatable.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Looked at a few youtube vids and it seems like Bastila lead now beats everything, am I wrong? What I mean is, she's capable of handling Traya lead as well as Talzin and Nest in any composition. Not saying it holds on defense 100% of the time or is unbeatable.

They don’t beat Traya lead.

EDIT: Whoops, found some videos and they do beat Traya lead. Never mind.
    Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on
  • Too bad only empiric knows what he's talking about here.
    Please stay on topic peeps, or that silly mod will close the thread.

Hate bastilla. A marquee toon that beats traya easily. Yes, even traya lead. They forgot testing. Or maybe they tested with a bugged bastilla thus the wrong results..

Too bad, cause even they didn't intend to end traya meta yet. A little, little better testing could've prevented this ffs. It's annoying.

Now they'll prolly have to nerf the other 3 toons they've planned, so that traya doesn't get absolutely obsolete.

It's sad really lol. Connect the pieces and you'll know why i said what i said.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Remember literally a month ago when this happened?

"Holy crap! Nest is insane!! CG created an immortal character that can't be killed because the protection keeps coming back! Way to go CG!! YOU RUINED SWGOH!!"
    ....3 hours later...
    "oh wait...just hit Nest hard....sorry...kind of freaked out there for no reason..."