Sith Fighter and Ship Marquee Bundle Changes [MEGA]

Prev1345678
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
edited July 2018
CG_SBCrumb wrote:
Hi Holotable Heroes,
In this interview with Star Wars.com you may have seen some hints at a brand new ship coming soon, the Sith Fighter! We will have more details about the kit in the coming days, and it will be a regular Marquee style event, but we wanted to let you know that with it we will be introducing a new kind of Marquee Bundle. Per the Character and Event Cadence, we wanted to give you a two week notice of the change and explain why the Sith Fighter will have a special Marquee Bundle!

Our goal is to ensure players who purchase this bundle also have the pilot to unlock the ship immediately. Basically, we don’t want players to buy a ship and then not be able to use it until grinding further.

How does a Ship Marquee Bundle differ from a regular Character Marquee Bundle? Ship Marquee bundles in general will include the required pilot or pilots needed to unlock the ship. The price of the bundle will be based on the number of crew members required to unlock that ship and rarity (# of stars) of those crew members are unlock at.
Ship Marquee bundles are something we are experimenting with and may change in the future.

Sith Fighter Marquee Bundle:
$29.99
Ship Materials

30x Sith Fighter Blueprints
25x Ship Ability Material MK1
25x Ship Ability Material MK2
10x Ship Ability Material MK3
8x Ship Ability Material Omega
25x Reinforcement Material
100,000x Ship Building Material
10x Enhancement Droid Tier 4

Crew Materials

50x Sith Assassin Shards
36x Ability Material MK1
27x Ability Material MK2
12x Ability Material MK3
5x Ability Material Omega
Gear to Tier 5
320,000x Credits
15x Training Droids Tier 4

So stay tuned for more news on the Sith Fighter and more KOTOR!

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Re bundle combining pilot and ship - it is a logical choice however for those who already have the pilot will there be a ship only option?
  • It seems like this would only work with marquee ships who’s pilots are already F2P and no longer available for packs in the store. Because if the pilot is also a marquee at the same time, players could just buy each in the store separately.
  • That is a steep price increase. A standard marquee pack is $10. How is the addition of a year old toon justify a 3x price increase?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I’m still confused at the sith assasin Pilot??? But hey I’m pretty sure death trooper never piloted a ship either.

I do like this system as well but think their should be both options of with or without Pilot. As I have a 6* assassin I would like to finish off and grab the 7* ship if feasible (of course depending on kit).
  • Trey 66
    45 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If anything it should cost $20 for a ship and its pilot. I highly doubt anyone willing to spend money on this bundle still needs to farm up Sith Assassin shards.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Hahaha... just no.
  • If the stated goal is true, then why not just offer a separate bundle for sith assassin for twenty bucks??
  • Why are we forced to pay over double the price for a pilot that probably 60 or 70% of players already have or can easily farm?
  • Separate bundles is absolutely the way it should have been addressed!
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    When did ships start getting shards and not blueprints?
    Or are ship shards some sort of über ship blueprints?
    Where can I apply for the soon to be released proofreading position?
  • An extra 20 bucks for 750 shard shop currency is a steep price indeed!
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Notworking wrote: »
    Re bundle combining pilot and ship - it is a logical choice however for those who already have the pilot will there be a ship only option?
    Just the one package for this experiment. I have already mentioned to the team that this might be an issue for folks who already have Sith Assassin or the pilots in the future.
    That is a steep price increase. A standard marquee pack is $10. How is the addition of a year old toon justify a 3x price increase?
    The price of the Ship Marquee bundles will likely vary frequently. Much of the increase is based on the number of pilots, obviously 2 pilots in the same marquee would be more expensive, but it can vary based on the rarity, Sith Assassin unlocks at 3 stars so it's a bit more expensive than a 2 star character, etc. On top of that, this bundle also includes extra resources to upgrade your ship and, depending on your need for ship materials, this is more valuable to some and less to others.

• This is a bad move. As an often-time buyer of the $10 marquee bundles, tripling the price while adding in some items and shards is not a good idea. As has been said above, if you want to make sure that we have access to it, release a $20 character bundle alongside the ship bundle. Or make each $15 and leave in some of the reinforcements and ship omegas, or something like that. I can't see myself ever buying a $30 bundle for 30 shards of a ship, shards of a character that has been FTP for a long time, and some materials.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Re bundle combining pilot and ship - it is a logical choice however for those who already have the pilot will there be a ship only option?
    Just the one package for this experiment. I have already mentioned to the team that this might be an issue for folks who already have Sith Assassin or the pilots in the future.
    That is a steep price increase. A standard marquee pack is $10. How is the addition of a year old toon justify a 3x price increase?
    The price of the Ship Marquee bundles will likely vary frequently. Much of the increase is based on the number of pilots, obviously 2 pilots in the same marquee would be more expensive, but it can vary based on the rarity, Sith Assassin unlocks at 3 stars so it's a bit more expensive than a 2 star character, etc. On top of that, this bundle also includes extra resources to upgrade your ship and, depending on your need for ship materials, this is more valuable to some and less to others.

Bad idea, you will make a lot more from separate packs then you will from a combo pack. The combo pack idea is going to go over like, a lead ballon.
  • Boser
    18 posts Member
    As someone who buys alot of $10 packs. This is a hard skip. I have assassin at 7* I want the option to buy separate.
  • I generally buy all of the marquee bundles, but this just doesn't seem worth the cost, especially since it largely contains nothing to justify the price.

At least if bundles keep going like this in the future I'll spend less, so that's nice.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Tell you what, I have enough ship building materials to enhance to level 85 any ship. And enough ship droids to enhance all ships from level one. Probably multiple times actually. So how much without any of the extras. Just the bare bones ship blueprints since I think the ship shards is funny. But blueprints is still the official CG nomenclature. Right?
  • durx1
    16 posts Member
    Yea I buy all marquee bundles. Will not be buying this bundle bc it includes pilot
  • Stix
    59 posts Member
    So basically... let's see how much money this makes, and then we will go from there...
  • Yeah that's like Citadel packs v2
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    CG you just lost money from me, I refuse to pay real money for shard shop tokens
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • It most definitely will be an issue when ever other recent bundle is $9.99. Might be the first "really bad bad deal" inexpensive bundle I've seen yet. If Sith Assassin was brand new, it'd make sense, and being that she's not, and was a significant part of an F2P meta (remember Zaul?) it's yet another ambiguously good natured move that really translates into "Give us $30 for this new ship because we just need to boost the revenue numbers".

Dingo
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    And here I was hoping for some nomenclature changes.
    Silly fool that I am...so about that proofreading job?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    How does this even get passed on to the game? I guess what we all want to know is, when someone suggested this, why didn't a voice speak for the players and say, "let's just do two separate bundles?"

Come on guys, you're better than this, right?
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Any kind of "bundle" packs are an easy pass from me if i have one of the toons 7*. Shard shop currency isnt worth it when there's tons of free shard shop currency in the guild/arena/tw store, and I'm sure im not alone. Would have considered buying the ship, but making me buy 50 shards and gear for a toon i already have 7* g12 isn't the way to go. Seperate the pack!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    It is a complete ripoff especially for players who already owns the pilot(s). Make two packs one at 20$ and the other at 20$.

If you were really customer oriented you would put a new marquee event for the pilots.
  • Lando's falcon bundle 30 blueprints & gear £9.99
    Young Lando bundle 30 shards & gear £9.99
    Only difference I see, and an EXPENSIVE one is the additional 20 Sith assassin shards for £10.01. It's no thanks from me.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    As someone that buys almost every 9.99 pack I can say you have lost this sale. I will wait for it to become farmable. My SA is already 7 stars so the shards are not needed, agree with the above separate packs should have been made available.

No anger from me, just want the people that have the power to know. Eventually I will probably be enough purple shards to farm it out. But I am not paying for something I just dont need.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Wow, just wow. I bought a number of marquee bundles, but I will definitely not buy this. Shared packs containing long-time existing F2P(!) toons for 1.5x the price of a standard marquee bundle?! That's one of the dumbest business decisions I have ever seen. Or the smartest if people are still willing to buy them.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

"Might be"? lol
    The price of the Ship Marquee bundles will likely vary frequently. Much of the increase is based on the number of pilots, obviously 2 pilots in the same marquee would be more expensive, but it can vary based on the rarity, Sith Assassin unlocks at 3 stars so it's a bit more expensive than a 2 star character, etc.

So if there'll be a 3 pilot (all of them unlocking at 3*) ship, you'll set the price to $60 (if we're calculating with $15/toon or ship)? The price of a full AAA game developed for years for 15% of each toon (compared to a 7* toon), and 9% of the ship (again, compared to a 7* ship). I can only repeat myself: wow.

On top of that, this bundle also includes extra resources to upgrade your ship and, depending on your need for ship materials, this is more valuable to some and less to others.

Yeah, bringing a ship to level 40 at ability level 3 at most really deserves the "on top of that" remark, 'coz it's such a great deal for such a low price.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Sounds like the easiest option here would've been to release two bundles. $10 for the ship bundle and $15 for the ship + pilot (test bundle). Or just $19.99.

If you are going to do experimental bundles it should be released alongside the regular bundles so that you can see which of the two bundles is more preferred. You need a control test in your experiments.

How else would you know which of the two bundles is more favorable by the buyer? Just looking at the profits is not a good result because you always have a subset of whales that will pay a lot of money regardless of how much you charge

Good to hear that you are the voice of reason but sad that your team turned deaf ears. You're the point of contact for us after all. Its a real shame that the new motivation to focus on releasing highly requested ships would be overcharged bundles.

The community manager who speaks for the community gets ignored? I hope you can see the irony in it