Sith Fighter and Ship Marquee Bundle Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• You'd be getting better business data if you offered both the complete bundle and the separate bundles at the same time and seeing what brings in more money. Also think 30 bucks is too high, but I'm not a spender either way. Or better yet, offer both bundles regardless because anyone would be able to tell that overall less people are going to buy the complete bundle.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Lol it’s an “experiment “ just like the math on these stun gun buyssj1ulzofafih.png
    Do I buy 3 salvage or spend 1000 extra crystals to buy it complete . They’re counting on us to be horrible at math and great at spending. It’s the mark 5 top left and bottom center
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Mad props to CG for communicating this in advance, rather than just dropping the change on the day of, even if it is a terrible deal. +1 from the FTP crowd that wasn’t gonna buy regardless.
  • Any think EA will ever stop hunting for money? Or at least give us stuff for free for once?
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    If you are going to do experimental bundles it should be released alongside the regular bundles so that you can see which of the two bundles is more preferred. You need a control test in your experiments.

How else would you know which of the two bundles is more favorable by the buyer? Just looking at the profits is not a good result because you always have a subset of whales that will pay a lot of money regardless of how much you charge.

I think they have a control group, and you mentioned them: whales. If they buy this pack regardless of its price, the experiment can be considered as successful...
    Ultra wrote: »
    The community manager who speaks for tends to ignore the community gets ignored? I hope you can see the irony in it

I corrected this last sentence for you.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol it’s an “experiment “ just like the math on these stun gun buyssj1ulzofafih.png
    Do I buy 3 salvage or spend 1000 extra crystals to buy it complete . They’re counting on us to be horrible at math and great at spending.

I mean that's not a huge difference 1400 to get a fully crafted piece, 50 salvage is 28 purps per piece. Or 20 salvage at 520 is 26 purps per piece. Basically the same cost imo. The fully fully crafted stun gun/carbanti piece looks like a much better deal but when you do the math it's really not either. In total you are buying 100 salvage pieces for 2561 so 25.61 purps per piece or individually it would 18 purps per piece. A savings, yes, huge, no.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, since there are no other things I need to save up for looming on the horizon from KOTOR, sure, take $30... Bwahahaha.

(I know you are just the messenger)
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Come on guys, you're better than this, right?
    vVkoPPU.gif

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Monel wrote: »
    Do I buy 3 salvage or spend 1000 extra crystals to buy it complete . They’re counting on us to be horrible at math and great at spending.

I mean that's not a huge difference 1400 to get a fully crafted piece, 50 salvage is 28 purps per piece. Or 20 salvage at 520 is 26 purps per piece. Basically the same cost imo. The fully fully crafted stun gun/carbanti piece looks like a much better deal but when you do the math it's really not either. In total you are buying 100 salvage pieces for 2561 so 25.61 purps per piece or individually it would 18 purps per piece. A savings, yes, huge, no.[/ 3 520 buys giving you 60 salvage , that’s 1560 and 10 salvage left over after crafting. OR 2541 for crafted no extra salvage. I see you compared the 4 to 5 not 5 to 5 top left bottom center and itt only takes 50 salvage to craft 1
  • Monel wrote: »
    1400 to get a fully crafted piece

1400 to get a fully crafted piece? The one for 1400 is a Mk4, not Mk5.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • I've purchased a few small things in the past. But I think this is a push to see how high the ceiling is. The future packs will be telling of the success of this experiment.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I mean that's not a huge difference 1400 to get a fully crafted piece, 50 salvage is 28 purps per piece. Or 20 salvage at 520 is 26 purps per piece. Basically the same cost imo. The fully fully crafted stun gun/carbanti piece looks like a much better deal but when you do the math it's really not either. In total you are buying 100 salvage pieces for 2561 so 25.61 purps per piece or individually it would 18 purps per piece. A savings, yes, huge, no.

Exactly the spender they are looking for. 3 520 buys giving you 60 salvage , that’s 1560 and 10 salvage left over after crafting. OR 2541 for crafted no extra salvage. Proving my point

I dont know what you are saying here exactly, just cause you have extra doesn't mean it's a better deal. Cause the fully crafted 2541 piece is actually the best deal. 100 salvage pieces equal 25.41 per piece.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    It's a no from me on this experiment.

Fleet is in dire need of new ships. I'm currently gearing up 3 utterly useless bugs to compete. You've yet to stand up and say what CG's conclusion is on 2.0 and now you try this? I spent money on Reaper, quite a bit. Once bitten, twice as shy.

BAD move. We're customers, not guinea pigs with wallets.

Unreal.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ebbda wrote: »
    It's a no from me on this experiment.

Fleet is in dire need of new ships. I'm currently gearing up 3 utterly useless bugs to compete. You've yet to stand up and say what CG's conclusion is on 2.0 and now you try this? I spent money on Reaper, quite a bit. Once bitten, twice as shy.

BAD move. We're customers, not guinea pigs with wallets.

Unreal.

They have commented on ships 2.0, it's not changing. They have been clear about this. But more ships need to be added so I am glad they are doing this, just dont like this pack.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Exactly the spender they are looking for. 3 520 buys giving you 60 salvage , that’s 1560 and 10 salvage left over after crafting. OR 2541 for crafted no extra salvage. Proving my point

I dont know what you are saying here exactly, just cause you have extra doesn't mean it's a better deal. Cause the fully crafted 2541 piece is actually the best deal. 100 salvage pieces equal 25.41 per piece.

First of all I’m saying 50 salvage crafts 1 not 100 with your statement and it’s the top left mark 5 and bottom middle mark 5 salvage. Buy 3 at 520 ( gives you 10 more than needed for crafting) totaling 1560 crystals or 2561 crystals for 1 that has been crafted . 50 salvage equal 1 prototype not 100 salvage
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

First of all I’m saying 50 salvage crafts 1 not 100 with your statement and it’s the top left mark 5 and bottom middle mark 5 salvage. Buy 3 at 520 ( gives you 10 more than needed for crafting) totaling 1560 crystals or 2561 crystals for 1 that has been crafted . 50 salvage equal 1 prototype not 100 salvage

He also mentioned it costing 1,400 for a fully crafted, so I think he's confused about the super expensive Mk4 stun guns.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Just here to say I won’t buy this. Would buy separate ship bundle. Also, going to once again point out that having Sith Assassin Pilot this ship is a continuity error. The SA in SWGOH is from The Old Republic MMO, set 300 years after KOTOR. Sith Assassin (even the version in KOTOR 2 that looks nothing like the one in game which is directly pulled from Old Republic) was never affiliated with Revan or Malak and never piloted this ship.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png
    It takes 50 not 100 reworking your math ... is it the good deal you thought?
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

Except it also takes 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage, which are constantly in demand. The prototype salvage is only half the fully crafted piece.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

Except it also takes 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage, which are constantly in demand. The prototype salvage is only half the fully crafted piece.

Has nothing to do with selling a crafted mark 5 stun gun for 2561 crystals or buy 20 salvage at 520 crystals. You only need 3 of 520 crystal buys and my main point is they bank on blind/impulse buys.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    I would have to agree with a few others here. I'd buy a bundle for the fighter if it was separate.. but I'm not paying 3x the price when I already have SA g12. Not a good move imo...
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

Has nothing to do with selling a crafted mark 5 stun gun for 2561 crystals or buy 20 salvage at 520 crystals. You only need 3 of 520 crystal buys and my main point is they bank on blind/impulse buys.

The full stun gun for 2500 includes the full carbanti. You can buy the stun gun prototype for about 1200 or buy 20 salvage for 520. It's not a scam, but there are better ways to get carbantis.
    Do I buy 3 salvage or spend 1000 extra crystals to buy it complete . They’re counting on us to be horrible at math and great at spending. It’s the mark 5 top left and bottom center

50 carbanti salvage is 1400 crystals and 50 stun gun salvage is 1300 crystals. 1400+1300=2700. You save 159 crystals by buying a fully crafted stun gun.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    would buy the 9.99 ship bundle. not buying this new, user friendly bundle witha new ship and a toon i have have had for 15 MONTHS !!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Don't understand why you would use this experiment with a character that has been F2P for over a year and many of us have already 7*, even maxed out. Those willing to spend $30 on a pack already have her 7* for the most part. This would only appeal to dolphins that haven't been playing particularly long or whales that just started or krakens that are happy to just throw whatever money they have at you. I may have dropped some cash if it did not include the character, and was much cheaper.

Would have made much more sense I think to have tried this on a new character.
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

You save crystals by buying the full piece. You would need to buy 20 salvage three times to get the full stun gun prototype (1560 crystals). If you subtract the 10 extra salvage, that works out to 1300 crystals for 50 salvage. PLUS you would have to buy 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage (1400 crystals). Because it takes BOTH a full MK3 Carbanti AND a full MK5 Stun Gun prototype to craft a full MK5 Stun Gun. So you spend 2,541 crystals for a full MK5 Stun Gun or you spend 2,700 crystals if you buy the salvage for both the prototype and the Carbanti separately. You seem to think you only need the stun gun salvage for a full stun gun. That is false. You also need a Carbanti.
  • So...normally its $9.99 to take a 3* marquee to 4*. But for this "deal" its $29.99 because you get 50 SA shards too? That's ridic. Should be 80 shards for the extra $20, and even then it's still a terrible, terrible deal. Have you no shame, CG?
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Consider the experiment a failure and don’t do it.
  • Cue the "Shocking Interview with a SWGOH Developer clip" :D
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

50 carbanti salvage is 1400 crystals and 50 stun gun salvage is 1300 crystals. 1400+1300=2700. You save 159 crystals by buying a fully crafted stun gun.

Well said thanks the extra crystal are the projector so no real savings at all