Going for JTR next time around, or focus on getting better mods.

Ajes
24 posts Member
As described in the headline. I *Think* I can get JTR next time around. It will probably be close though. If I go for it, I will not be farming mods for the next couple of months. Worth it, or should I accept that it will have to wait until the time after the next JTR event?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ajes/squads/89912/

Replies

• Ajes
    24 posts Member
    @evoluza: Hi. I am not sure I understand the question. Are you saying I have good mods, but my Arena team is bad?
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Alright. So you would suggest giong for JTR and putting mods on the back burner?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I would suggest going for JTR, she is tremendously helpful. And you don't need to invest in the vets too much, gear 8 with average mods should make it (but maybe not on the first try).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ajes wrote: »
    Alright. So you would suggest giong for JTR and putting mods on the back burner?

Also, when farming mods from the mod challenges, the return is pretty low. Most of what you get will be useless grey or green ones, so if you already have some basic mods and want to improve, you will get very little for very high price. I think it is much better to just pick what you need from the store. That said, the upcoming slicing feature might change that dramatically. Or not, there is no telling just yet...
  • I was in the same situation... JTR will help the guild more, going for JTR and using mod shop for mods
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Alrighty. Will stay on track for JTR and hope I can make it in time. Thanks.
  • I think it's wildly optimistic to expect to get JTR next time when you have No BB8, no veteran Han or Chewbacca, only a 4 * Finn. 4* Rey.
    You are very far away.

Depending on how quickly you farm, the one after next might be possible but can't see you doing it in 3 months.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There is only one source for acquiring JTR, but there are several sources for acquiring mods, which don't require spending cantina energy (shipments and various individual events). I would definately aim at acquiring JTR, if I felt I had the chance.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    But yes, I'm with @Revarius here after having checked your roster. Getting JTR next time around is not at all impossible, but it will require a huge investment of crystals for refreshes to farm not only veterans, but also FO for BB8.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Well, you can finish both vets and Finn in a 90 day period with three refreshes a day. If you farm both of Rey's hard nodes, you could do that in 84 days too. That's enough time to finish FOO and get Phasma. So I suppose if you can cough up 300 crystals a day you COULD get the shards in 3 months.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Well, you can finish both vets and Finn in a 90 day period with three refreshes a day. If you farm both of Rey's hard nodes, you could do that in 84 days too. That's enough time to finish FOO and get Phasma. So I suppose if you can cough up 300 crystals a day you COULD get the shards in 3 months.

If he is in a hurry I would just buy Finn/Rey from the Guild Store while farming the vets.
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Thanks for all the input. I realise getting there before the next event is not going to be easy, and I may very well fail. But thats all part of the fun :-)

I beleive it is possible to get the shards I am missing. I have more shards than my roster suggests as I have not fully starred some of the characters that I can fully star. I am saving the credits for now in case I need them elsewhere.

Shards I need:

Kylo Ren: 257
    Finn: 224
    Rey: 215
    Vet Han: 320
    Vet Chewie: 330

I already have enough shards to 7* FOO and FOX and have KRU and FOTFP starred up.

Assuming a 3 attempts per drop rate in the cantina, that will take me 45630 energy to get the shards.

257*3*10+224*3*10+320*3*16+330*3*16=45630

I always get 3 refreshes a day, so I get 525 energy per day.

That means it will be 87 days to farm the shards in the cantina.

45630/525=86,91...

I also buy Rey + Kylo + Finn in the Guild shop whenever available. So that will knock a few days off the total.

Gearing them and skilling them up to an acceptable level should not be a problem.

So it all depends on when the event comes next and if I can keep up the tempo. I am going on vacation for a couple of weeks, but will have access to the internet most of the time. But I might miss a few possible purchases from the guild shop.
  • That's gonna be tight - I think the devs said hero's journeys would be every 2-3 months and the last Rey was what, 3-4 weeks ago? Good luck to you!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    ah ok. Well in that case I will probably not make it. I thought it was 4 months. But I will keep at it, and we'll see.
  • I found Tier 5 was the problematic tier and was difficult to pass. I got JTR with the following (all lvl 85 ofc):

Scav Rey - G11
    Finn - G8
    Vet chewy - G9
    Vet Solo - G8
    BB8 G9 (Zeta RWP). I dont think the zeta was really needed tbh but I was gonna zeta him any way and he is only needed in the first few tiers.

In tier 5 you need finn, scav rey and chewy. I would recommend at least g9 for finn if you can and some ok speed mods for finn so he can stay alive and keep stunning them so scav rey can go in and take them out.

I was tempted to zeta finn but it is not needed.
  • So 2 months later, and all I need is 99 shards for Kylo Ren. Even if the events started today I would be able to get both BB-8 and JTR at 7*(this is provided both events run at the same time. If JTR comes before BB-8 I will be very unhappy). I have all characters geared to an acceptable level, and have extra gear and omegas ready, in case I need them.

Thats 1247 shards farmed towards those two characters in 2 months time. It took 3 cantina energy refreshes each day. Also I focused on farming the Vets in the cantina and bought Finn + Kylo + Rey in the guild shop whenever available. I did not have to farm a single shard for Finn in the cantina, as I was able to buy them all in the guild shop.

Focused farming and planning ahead!
  • If the JTR Event returned after 90 days the event would have ended the day after tomorrow. Lucky you the devs moved it backwards in the calendar.
  • well they said 3-4 months, so we dont know yet if it is moved back.
  • Congratulations! Very nice going!