Is there even a point to playing with my roster?

Prev1
MLGebra
343 posts Member
I’ve played this game for a LONG time—years (minus a couple breaks), but lately I’ve felt like in all the time I’ve spent grinding this game I’ve accomplished literally nothing.

https://swgoh.gg/u/imdylsexic/collection/

I can no longer break top 200 in arena with the nightsisters. My teams are useless in raids, even if they weren’t either over too fast or completely unfun to begin with (Triumvirate). Territory War makes me sad because I literally can’t take a single turn against the majority of defending teams, and the teams I actually can fight are so childishly easy it feels like I’m just wasting my time. There’s no in between. There’s no fun anywhere, because there’s not a single place in this game I do well in.. or even acceptably.

HERE’S THE QUESTION: should I even bother continuing to play, or am I too far down Useless Street? Please, anyone who has some insight, take a look at my characters and tell me if there’s some way to do anything... some way to stop being so genuinely terrible at this game that it isn’t even fun and all I do is lose

Replies

• You’ve got lots of gear on your characters and some zetas, but what you’re missing is good mods on your arena team. Put +30 speed primary arrows and your highest speed secondary mods on your Nightsisters. I think that’s your biggest problem. And they look good to use in p4 of the Sith raid. zAsajj lead with nightsisters is probably the best team for that whole phase.
    Since you’re having trouble with offense in TW, try setting defense. A zetaed nightsister team can be really annoying to fight.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    forget about arena, farm up some HSR teams, join a HSR guild, then focus on arena
    sadly t1-t6 is a bad joke and a clearly shows that CG has no clue what B A L A C E is, as a guild can clear HSR in a couple of hours way before they can clear T6 in 1 reset
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    METAs come and go. Noone should expect to play with the same team (in your case NS) for many months without dropping or having dufficulties at some point. However, as already stated above you can improve your mods on your NS. The filtering option on swgoh.gg is great to spot possible improvements. F.ex. that's how I noticed, that neither you Asajj, nor you zombie has a speed arrow:

https://swgoh.gg/u/imdylsexic/mods/?stat1_5=1

Regarding TW:
    When playing offense it's important to know which teams to use against which opponents. Do you discuss this and share knowledge within your guild? That's key in a guild and a guild event like this.

In your case, you have strong NS f.ex. In a 75 million GP guild, your opponents will probably have figured out how to beat NS. However you can split your NS up in 2 or 3 viable teams on offense. F.ex. MT fits well with Rex lead and EP to take out oppising EP lead or JTR lead teams. Zombie + acolyte can be used against teams with no AoE damage. Using that against Phoenix or JTR can work. However you will probably need some more firepower, f.ex. from Leia (another stealth attacker) and a fitting lead (Nute is great to boost damage, while Asajj is great to boost Acolyte). Asajj, Daka and Talia can then form a base for taking some mediocre team out.

However, most importantly:
    Discuss tactics and teams with you guild mates.

Good luck.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mods mods mods mods mods. Buy all of the +26 and +30 speed arrows you can from the mod store. That would be a good start. They will ALWAYS be useful.

Get leadership zetas on your best teams.

Your 3 best teams should have at least +50 speed on everyone. Your Arena team should shoot for +75 on everyone and +100 on your "engine" for that team. Examples are Vader, FOO, Asajj, Grandmaster Yoda, Sith Assasin, etc. The toon that kickstarts the team to go early and often. Eventually arena toons need +100 speed.

Finally don't worry about chasing the meta. Pick a fun team to keep you top 500 or 200 in arena and build some teams you enjoy. Just my opinion.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Mods...? The least fun thing they’ve ever added to this game, and that’s what I have to drop everything for to be even a tiny bit competitive? I’m sorry, but I have no interest in playing spin the RNG and pray for the next 18 months just so I can have an arena team.

If that’s really what it takes, then I guess I’m just done.
  • Lol if your going to quit because you need to farm some decent mods, well, .. , alrighty then.

Farm cantina nodes five days a week, farm mods two days a week. It adds up.
    518 posts Member
    Clearly, your problem is about mods. You have the characters, that nice. But you don't have the mods you should have at that point. How is it that with my 1.6GP I can reach a 80+ speed team and be between rank 100-50 and you can't with better gears and zetas ? That should be your first priority right now, I suggest you study all that is to know about mods and then farm them :)
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Ns are bad, with the sith meta right now. You either get your cls work, or sith, or jedi, thats pretty much it - apart from thr obvious mods, you can literaly get a good set for free in 2 weeks time, im amazed how you never bothered throughout those years.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    MLGebra wrote: »
    Mods...? The least fun thing they’ve ever added to this game, and that’s what I have to drop everything for to be even a tiny bit competitive? I’m sorry, but I have no interest in playing spin the RNG and pray for the next 18 months just so I can have an arena team.

Well, another option would have been to simply rearrange the mods you already have to strengthen your team. But, ok, it's your choice. Adieu.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @GhostTruckin sir I’ve played this game since November 2015 and I’ve owned maybe 10 mods above +10 speed secondary. I’ve probably owned less than 100 mods with speed secondaries total, most of those being +4 or +5. RNG and I don’t get along, and there are some pretty staggering odds against finding even one of those so called “decent” mods.

Mods are not fun. Mods are not why I, or anyone else for that matter, play this game. I get that it’s doable, but when there’s no end in sight and I could theoretically go an entire lifetime without finding a “decent” mod, I don’t see a reason to even roll the dice.

Edit @Waqui I don’t have any mods worth rearranging
    Post edited by MLGebra on
  • You can buy 5 dot arrow mods with speed primary from the mod store, they pop up several times a week and are guaranteed to give you 30 speed when fully upgraded. Expensive credit wise but at least you know what you're getting.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    @GhostTruckin sir I’ve played this game since November 2015 and I’ve owned maybe 10 mods above +10 speed secondary. I’ve probably owned less than 100 mods with speed secondaries total, most of those being +4 or +5. RNG and I don’t get along, and there are some pretty staggering odds against finding even one of those so called “decent” mods.

Mods are not fun. Mods are not why I, or anyone else for that matter, play this game. I get that it’s doable, but when there’s no end in sight and I could theoretically go an entire lifetime without finding a “decent” mod, I don’t see a reason to even roll the dice.

This isnt an action fps game thats supposed be fun at every second. This is a grinding strategy game (farming mods is a big factor in that) , so if you dont like that, probably this game isnt for you.
    Also, Im amazed for the 2nd time that you havent figured this out in the past 2 years.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Resource managment is what makes it fun. Giving everyone fully maxed teams would be boring quickly.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2018

I don't agree. In my first response to you I've posted a link to your swgoh.gg profile which clearly shows, that you have a lot of 30+ speed arrows, but only 3 of your NS have speed arriws equipped. But ok. Your attitude indicates that you have already made up your mind that your account is bad and that you want to leave the game. Fair enough. Bye—bye.
  • @MLGebra You don't have a lot of great mods, and I agree that farming mods is a thankless and boring job. If you've been playing for awhile, then you probably don't have a massive need for credits, so buy mods with speed secondaries from the store whenever you see them until you're out of credits.

You will do much better if you simply rearrange the mods you have. Of your top 30 speed secondaries, only one of them is on an arena viable Nightsister. Chief Chirpa and clones have a bunch. This is a very simple fix. You have more than enough of a Resistance team to clear the speed mod challenge if you haven't already. Do that and go farm some speed sets.

If that's not the game you want to play, or that's not the way you want to play it, that's great, it's your choice. You can collect away. Just be happy with mid 200s in arena and don't worry about competing in other parts of the game. But if you want to be competitive, you need the mods to do it. NS can reach top 20 or 10 depending on your shard (especially since you have both of Ventress' zetas).
  • Can I get some of that good advice????

https://swgoh.gg/u/johnjlax
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    @Johnjlax

Set up your own thread, dont hijack.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member

I'm sorry, but if you want to do well then you need to farm mods. That's just the way it is, and it's the same for all of us. It sounds like you want to basically ignore mods yet still compete at the same level as the people who don't ignore mods. That is not going to work out. Saying that you have no interest in mods is like saying you have no interest in gear, you can do it if you want but then you can't expect your characters to be strong.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    The mechanics of game have changed since you started, but your expectations of it haven't.

Nothing to see here.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    There’s more to the game than just arena... And as to raids, do the best you can and get what you get.

Farm the characters you want to farm, not the ones you read that you need to farm. If you’re following a guide or farm list, you’re already not playing the game, you’re just going through the motions.

Farm the folks you like so that you have fun, then worry about farming the folks you “need.”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    There’s more to the game than just arena... And as to raids, do the best you can and get what you get.

Farm the characters you want to farm, not the ones you read that you need to farm. If you’re following a guide or farm list, you’re already not playing the game, you’re just going through the motions.

Farm the folks you like so that you have fun, then worry about farming the folks you “need.”

Or... farm the characters you need. Then you'll have more resources to farm who you want.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Is your guild helping you towards that, or looking for a new one?
  • Your mods are really lacking. Without good mods, people with better mods are almost always going to come out on top.

Also, you’re running a meta team from months ago. Like people have mentioned, metas do change for arena pretty often. You have to adapt with what you have in response. Chasing metas always means you’d be left behind.
  • MLGebra wrote: »

Mods are a huge part of the game friend. I'm surprised after playing for years you have not come to understand that.

If that's what makes you quit, well, not sure what to tell you friend. They've been important since their release over 18 months ago.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This game is designed for players to farm gear slowly so that when you upgrade a ship or a toon or equip a gear piece, it sends a high to your brain for pleasure. That's why so many play this game. The daily grind can be tough sometimes.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Turasleon I’ve been in denial about it. I farmed them for the first few months after their release, got nothing but garbage I sold on the spot, then gave up on the RNG fest because I figured I’d never keep up with the lucky ones regardless.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited July 2018

All I can say is just farm mods consistently. I’ve been farming them for the last month and a half because my mods were terrible, most no speed originally, and I’m still deciding when I’d the time to stop mainly to look towards Fo/jtr is what I’m missing out on. Guessing you’ve got them do some mod farming might go a long way + marquees help find speed arrows.
    Post edited by Wardai on
  • Everybody calm down I've never used this before...wow
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Johnjlax wrote: »
    Everybody calm down I've never used this before...wow

Well, like @swgohfan29 said, simply start your own thread and people will be happy to give you advice.